Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 4 of 6
Re: What´s the thing with argentinians and the stones?
Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: July 8, 2015 01:27

Tonstone
keefriffhards
Tonstone
keefriffhards
JumpinJeppeFlash
keefriffhards
Olly
Cristiano Radtke
JumpinJeppeFlash
Once more, can somebody here explain to me what makes argentinian fans special, "best in the world" "fantastic" and so on? I don´t understand at all, it must be something else besides screaming, jumping and throwing flags?

They're different from the fans of another countries and it's all about passion. It's not hard to understand that. Some fans perhaps only have respect for the Stones, hence the reason for them to just sit and watch the concert, unlike the Argentinians. The way they act at any event (a Stones concert - or any other band concert - or a football match) has to do with that passion. Some people like that and some people don't, just the same way there's people attending a concert who doesn't like if the rest of the audience are just sitting like if they were at the opera or at the church.

Like exhpart posted above, you can try to see some portions of the Biggest Bang DVD with the scenes filmed in Argentina. Pay attention to what the Stones themselves say there, and maybe you will understand.

Yes, but this doesn't come anywhere close to answering the question.

'Passion' is not exclusively found in Argentina, whether in concert-goers or the general population.

You mention football matches. Come and see a football match played in the North of England, at Anfield, Old Trafford, Elland Road: these crowds will demonstrate just as much passion as those in Argentina.

come on Cristiano you don't measure passion by jumping and shouting. that's crap and you know it.. i am very passionate about many things in life but i don't have to jump and shout about it. i love the stones but i would rather take it all in when i see them than jump up and down. now take me to a nightclub and play the stones, i get out my air guitar out and ill play and jump as good as any man, but it ain't passion

Couldn´t agree moresmileys with beerthumbs up

yeah but having said that i love South American audiences, they make the show. its fantastic the atmosphere they create. but its just the way they are, its the way they are brought up to behave, its wonderful, but don't tell me an Argentinian is more passionate that an Englishman or an Italian or an American its just not so..
In the U.K. There is no more passionate audience than the Scottish crowds.!!.I have
seen the Stones all over the U.K.and any Scottish gig wipes the floor with any other U.K venue.Outside the U.K. I can't comment.

was it Rockman who stated earlyer that this is how wars start lol winking smileywinking smiley

as duncan Ballantine says on dragons den. IM OUT

I don't think we will start wars, but maybe we are fed up being misquoted. I think you will find it was Duncan Bannatyne.

Sorry Tonstone Duncan Bannatyne as you say..

Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: July 8, 2015 01:56

Ole Ole Ole!

love it.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: July 8, 2015 02:01

This reminds me of Charles-Louis de Secondat, Baron de La Brède et de Montesquieu's "The Spirit of the Laws" which deals with his meteorological climate theory that climate may
substantially influence the nature of man and his society. But I guess we shouldn't go into that because it may lead into other, undesired, discussions...

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-07-08 02:05 by Stoneage.

Posted by: Olly ()
Date: July 8, 2015 02:12

Stoneage
This reminds me of Charles-Louis de Secondat, Baron de La Brède et de Montesquieu's "The Spirit of the Laws" which deals with his meteorological climate theory that climate may
substantially influence the nature of man and his society. But I guess we shouldn't go into that because it may lead into other, undesired, discussions...

I know the work well.

It would be off topic here, of course, but could be the subject of an 'OT' discussion.

The Stones have, after all, permeated many climates, cultures and societies.

Any takers?

Olly.

Posted by: forsure ()
Date: July 8, 2015 02:30

we had a blast dancing with a group of about 10-15 of them in Orlando- on Keith's side by the both mid floor. Dancing like crazy. Sure beats some of the stick in the muds that just sit/stand there like bumps on a log. Can't believe some of the looks I get for actually dancing a bit at some shows

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-07-08 02:33 by forsure.

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: July 8, 2015 02:38

<<take a gander at footage of shows where mick jagger picks up whatever chattle that has been heaved at the band, and look at his face as he throws, launches or kicks it back off stage. does it look like he likes things being thrown at him or at the band?>>

And how about when Mick throws things at the audience? I mean, you never know where that water's been.

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: July 8, 2015 02:46

Good thing Mick doesn't jump around trying to lead everyone on, eh.

Posted by: relms ()
Date: July 8, 2015 03:02

forsure
we had a blast dancing with a group of about 10-15 of them in Orlando- on Keith's side by the both mid floor. Dancing like crazy. Sure beats some of the stick in the muds that just sit/stand there like bumps on a log. Can't believe some of the looks I get for actually dancing a bit at some shows
thumbs upsmileys with beer

What would Kevin Bacon say? Gotta get FOOTLOOSE!!

Allow the pelvic sorcery to do it's work

Posted by: 1badgator ()
Date: July 8, 2015 03:41

"Brazilians now biggest group of overseas visitors to Orlando"

And I thought I was seeing hordes of fine Brazilian babes like usual, Sorry Argentinian babes.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: July 8, 2015 04:34

Naturalust
CloudCat
andrea66
I find this very strange, what if i would throw swedish flags on the stage when attending a show in the US?

if you were throwing a swedish flag when attending a show in italy....i couldn't care less.... it would not disturb me at all

People shouldn't be throwing anything on the stage - what the hell is that about anyway?
Do you think the band wants that stuff?
Take a gander at footage of shows where Mick Jagger picks up whatever chattle that has been heaved at the band, and look at his face as he throws, launches or kicks it back off stage. Does it look like he likes things being thrown at him or at the band?

STOP
THROWING
THINGS
AT
THE BAND

it is dangerous. like pointing lasers on stage and at the band is dangerous.

Especially if Mick is piloting a plane, and all the passengers are drunk and insane.

Posted by: Tonstone ()
Date: July 8, 2015 08:37

keefriffhards
Tonstone
keefriffhards
Tonstone
keefriffhards
JumpinJeppeFlash
keefriffhards
Olly
Cristiano Radtke
JumpinJeppeFlash
Once more, can somebody here explain to me what makes argentinian fans special, "best in the world" "fantastic" and so on? I don´t understand at all, it must be something else besides screaming, jumping and throwing flags?

They're different from the fans of another countries and it's all about passion. It's not hard to understand that. Some fans perhaps only have respect for the Stones, hence the reason for them to just sit and watch the concert, unlike the Argentinians. The way they act at any event (a Stones concert - or any other band concert - or a football match) has to do with that passion. Some people like that and some people don't, just the same way there's people attending a concert who doesn't like if the rest of the audience are just sitting like if they were at the opera or at the church.

Like exhpart posted above, you can try to see some portions of the Biggest Bang DVD with the scenes filmed in Argentina. Pay attention to what the Stones themselves say there, and maybe you will understand.

Yes, but this doesn't come anywhere close to answering the question.

'Passion' is not exclusively found in Argentina, whether in concert-goers or the general population.

You mention football matches. Come and see a football match played in the North of England, at Anfield, Old Trafford, Elland Road: these crowds will demonstrate just as much passion as those in Argentina.

come on Cristiano you don't measure passion by jumping and shouting. that's crap and you know it.. i am very passionate about many things in life but i don't have to jump and shout about it. i love the stones but i would rather take it all in when i see them than jump up and down. now take me to a nightclub and play the stones, i get out my air guitar out and ill play and jump as good as any man, but it ain't passion

Couldn´t agree moresmileys with beerthumbs up

yeah but having said that i love South American audiences, they make the show. its fantastic the atmosphere they create. but its just the way they are, its the way they are brought up to behave, its wonderful, but don't tell me an Argentinian is more passionate that an Englishman or an Italian or an American its just not so..
In the U.K. There is no more passionate audience than the Scottish crowds.!!.I have
seen the Stones all over the U.K.and any Scottish gig wipes the floor with any other U.K venue.Outside the U.K. I can't comment.

was it Rockman who stated earlyer that this is how wars start lol winking smileywinking smiley

as duncan Ballantine says on dragons den. IM OUT

I don't think we will start wars, but maybe we are fed up being misquoted. I think you will find it was Duncan Bannatyne.

Sorry Tonstone Duncan Bannatyne as you say..

No worries K.

Posted by: Brstonesfan ()
Date: July 8, 2015 09:31

Unquestionably the most passionate and exciting crowds to watch the Stones play for.
These are fans that do not sit down and are dancing unlike the Americans who are there only to be seen and take selfies.

Posted by: JumpinJeppeFlash ()
Date: July 8, 2015 09:33

-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-07-08 20:21 by JumpinJeppeFlash.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: July 8, 2015 09:37

JumpinJeppeFlash

I had a fantastic time in Orlando and the rest of the shows in the US as well, never said anything about having a bad time, i´m just fed up with people thinking argentinian fans are something special just because they are jumping, screaming and throwing flags. Still no one here has come up with a good explanation what makes these fans so great? No one. The only thing i can read above is that they got more passion than the average stonesfan and obviously that means screaming, jumping and throwing flags so i wont buy that. It´s very clear that 99% calling them these superlative (fantastic, amazing and so on) do that based on sreaming, jumping and throwing flags and that is pathetic.

It's good to know you had a great time in Orlando. Anyway, a lot of people here was kind enough trying to explain to you what happens with the Argentinian fans and you still doesn't seem to understand, so I think the trouble is with you, not with us. Perhaps you can come back next time with a thread with no offenses to anybody, like you did on this one.

Date: July 8, 2015 09:54

-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-07-08 20:23 by JumpinJeppeFlash.

Posted by: little queenie ()
Date: July 8, 2015 10:05

the beautiful thing about the stones is that they are international -- there is no competition about who is the best. as an american, i would not be offended to see another country's flag thrown on a US stage. given the ticket prices in the US (and the price of flights these days), the argentinians could only afford to travel to that one show in orlando so they put all their energy and excitement into that one show. i would definitely prefer their enthusiasm to having to look past all the arms holding up phones recording the show.

Date: July 8, 2015 10:05

JumpinJeppeFlash
Cristiano Radtke
JumpinJeppeFlash

I had a fantastic time in Orlando and the rest of the shows in the US as well, never said anything about having a bad time, i´m just fed up with people thinking argentinian fans are something special just because they are jumping, screaming and throwing flags. Still no one here has come up with a good explanation what makes these fans so great? No one. The only thing i can read above is that they got more passion than the average stonesfan and obviously that means screaming, jumping and throwing flags so i wont buy that. It´s very clear that 99% calling them these superlative (fantastic, amazing and so on) do that based on sreaming, jumping and throwing flags and that is pathetic.

It's good to know you had a great time in Orlando. Anyway, a lot of people here was kind enough trying to explain to you what happens with the Argentinian fans and you still doesn't seem to understand, so I think the trouble is with you, not with us. Perhaps you can come back next time with a thread with no offenses to anybody, like you did on this one.

The only one feeling offended here is you and the guy from Argentina. It is allowed to criticize some peoples way of behaving you know. I was hoping to get some answers here, but the only explanation i got is "passion"which underlines that all of you calling argentinian fans "fantastic", "the best" and so on, do that based only on screaming, jumping and throwing flags. What makes a good fan is in this perspective all about making noise. Really funny actually.

I'm not offended at all. Actually, if you read the entire thread, you will see that only maybe two or three other posters agree with your point of view while there's another 10 or more posters who doesn't. What I can't understand is: what is offending you to have some people having fun the way they do at a concert? Plus, do you really think you need to say they act disgracefully because they do what they've done on their entire life on a concert? Again, what I see is the trouble is with you, not with us. Try to go to Argentina to see the Stones at least once in your lifetime. Perhaps you'll change your mind. winking smiley

Posted by: EasterMan ()
Date: July 8, 2015 10:11

It's astonishing that this subject is making so many people upset. Many argentinian fans are simply too much. Can't stand them. They seem to go the concerts just to have some kind jumping party with eachother, the music and the band seems to be a side issue for them, more like background music for their party. I guess many of them doesn't even know or care about what song is being performed. Real fans goes to a concert to enjoy the music and take in the atmosphere. Indeed you can still move around and have some fun, but jumping around with other people shouldn't be the main attraction when you go to a concert.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-07-08 10:22 by EasterMan.

Date: July 8, 2015 10:19

-

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: July 8, 2015 10:22

JumpinJeppeFlash
I guess most of them are not familiar with other cultures at all

and YOU seem to understand THEIR culture so well.

Date: July 8, 2015 10:24

JumpinJeppeFlash
Based on what i have seen myself, argentinian fans seem very egocentric. It´s all about themselves and nothing about fellow fans. I guess most of them are not familiar with other cultures at all and few have been outside of southamerica and very few have been to europe.

Really? You definitely need to go to Argentina and meet some fans there - or anywhere. I'm not from there and all the times I've been there I was treated like I was one of them. Like I said, I've been to Buenos Aires twice - and on both times I felt like I was at home, even without knowing anybody there. And all the times I've met some Argentinian fans in Europe or USA I felt the same.

Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: July 8, 2015 10:30

one look at a stones show in south america - forget argentina, anywhere in south america, - and it's clear their concerts are loved and appreciated more there than anywhere else.

Date: July 8, 2015 10:33

-

Date: July 8, 2015 10:34

Turner68
one look at a stones show in south america - forget argentina, anywhere in south america, - and it's clear their concerts are loved and appreciated more there than anywhere else.

There's an explanation for that: the first Stones concert in SA only happened in 1995, after 30+ years of waiting, although there was always a strong fan base here. That's why we care so much when we have a Stones concert here. smiling smiley

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: July 8, 2015 10:39

Brstonesfan
Unquestionably the most passionate and exciting crowds to watch the Stones play for.
These are fans that do not sit down and are dancing unlike the Americans who are there only to be seen and take selfies.

All of them? Seriously, all of them??? Most of them, even????

confused smiley confused smiley confused smiley

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: July 8, 2015 10:43

I'd much rather be surrounded by dancing, screaming fans from Argentina than behind a wall of 190 tall Dutch fans.

Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: July 8, 2015 10:46

Cristiano Radtke
Turner68

There's an explanation for that: the first Stones concert in SA only happened in 1995, after 30+ years of waiting, although there was always a strong fan base here. That's why we care so much when we have a Stones concert here. smiling smiley

i hope they go there this autumn you guys deserve it!

Date: July 8, 2015 10:47

Turner68
Cristiano Radtke
Turner68

i hope they go there this autumn you guys deserve it!

Unfortunately, it seems they won't. Perhaps next year we can jump and shout all loud here. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Date: July 8, 2015 11:19

-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-07-08 20:24 by JumpinJeppeFlash.

Date: July 8, 2015 11:30

JumpinJeppeFlash
Still no good answers at all. I´m waiting for someone to explain why argentinian fans are so great? Must be something else than passion (=screaming, jumping, throwing flags), right? Based on the poor answers above argentinian fans are so great because they are making noise. I totally agree with EasterMan, most of argentininan fans seem to go to a concert just because they need to jump a lot and the music indeed seem secondary for them.

Now it's time to jump to this thread to another - or is that offending to you?

I'm done with this thread. You didn't tell us what's offending you, even with a lot of people asking you to elaborate that - but you thought it's OK to offend a whole fanbase - and Rockman, wise as usual, has warned us all since the beginning of this thread what would come. Better luck next time, and try to keep on the sunny side. It's not good to keep feeding bad vibes like you've been doing. Bye to you.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 4 of 6

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1503
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home