Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 2 of 6
Re: What´s the thing with argentinians and the stones?
Posted by: 1962 ()
Date: July 7, 2015 18:05

JumpinJeppeFlash
Maybe some fans are too old to rock'n'roll here?

What do you mean?

I´m 35...

I'm 52 and just love those screaming and jumping Argentinian crowds

Posted by: exhpart ()
Date: July 7, 2015 18:06

Love that bit (is it Four Flicks or A Bigger Bang DVD?) where the 4 of them all say well it's difficult to single out any one country and obviously we enjoy all our fans everywhere and yes we try our best every concert but....the best in the world is Argentina. And the concert footage in River Plate Stadium is a steaming cauldron. That's what it's all about in case you'd forgotten.

Posted by: Olly ()
Date: July 7, 2015 18:09

JumpinJeppeFlash
IrisC
They are enjoying themselves. It's rock and roll not church.

That´s not the point. No one has to or should be quiet at a rock n roll show, but screaming and jumping up and down can be offensive to many people, especially when the people screaming know few or any lyrics at all. They just scream in spanish and making noise.

Would screaming in another language be more palatable?

You suggest (perhaps unintentionally) there is something inherently offensive about Spanish.

I have bv's words ringing in my ears:

'IORR do have more than two million visitors every year, from every single country in the world, around 200 countries. That requeres respect and a ceretain degree of thought for other people and cultures.'

You hint at an interesting topic - the differences between audiences globally - but perhaps a more open title such as 'where did you experience the best concert atmosphere?' would have been better.

Just a suggestion.

Olly.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-07-07 18:10 by Olly.

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: July 7, 2015 18:10

Post removed

Peace,
Mr DJA

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-07-07 18:40 by mr_dja.

Posted by: andrea66 ()
Date: July 7, 2015 18:13

I find this very strange, what if i would throw swedish flags on the stage when attending a show in the US?[/quote]

if you were throwing a swedish flag when attending a show in italy....i couldn't care less.... it would not disturb me at all

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: July 7, 2015 18:15

JumpinJeppeFlash
Personally i think argentinian fans are totally overrated.

I never knew they were rated to begin with. I do understand how being next to people who are distracting you from the show can be a bit irritating though. Whether they are constantly talking, drunk and disorderly or sticking a smart phone in your view of the stage.

I'm pretty sure some of the folks here who are snubbing you for your post here might feel a bit different if they were sitting too close to any group who was constantly screaming, jumping up and down and throwing things. And you saw peoples distaste at people throwing things onstage when discussing Keith's fall. I can just imagine the reaction here if one of our coveted periscopers was trying to broadcast a show and we were being bombarded with such behavior. Ha!

But I'm just playing devil's advocate here, the Stones have certainly been loud enough this tour that the music is still going to shine through most the shenanigans and if stuck next to the Argentinians I would probably end up trying to pick up some of their energy and join the party and find out where they were partying after the show.

Posted by: JumpinJeppeFlash ()
Date: July 7, 2015 18:23

-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-07-08 20:18 by JumpinJeppeFlash.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: July 7, 2015 18:36

You can go to any gig in any country and you can have nice people around you, or drunk ,loutish and downright rude and ignorant people around you.

Luck of the draw ,like LD tix.

Been to two great gigs lately. The Who and ZZ Top, and both had really nice fans around my area. At The Who gig, across the barrier there were a few fans I knew, security had to intervene for various reasons for bad behaviour.

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: July 7, 2015 18:38

JumpinJeppeFlash -> I truly apologize for hurting your feelings. It was not my intent in the least. Regardless of what I was trying to do, you appear to have taken it personally in a way that I was not intending it to do actual harm to you. Again, I offer you my sincerest apologies and will remove my previous posts.

Peace,
Mr DJA

Date: July 7, 2015 19:01

Me percent really offended , I am Argentine , I am fans of the stones of the nine years , I have 40 , I went to all his concerts in Argentina , I went with my parents age 71 and if they return will be with my son.
If we are very crazy at concerts
Fortunately

with respect
Sergio

Date: July 7, 2015 19:20

my parents danced until they got tired jajajajjjajaj
It was nice sharing the concert with my parents.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: July 7, 2015 19:22

Naturalust
buenosairesstones
Me percent really offended , I am Argentine , I am fans of the stones of the nine years , I have 40 , I went to all his concerts in Argentina , I went with my parents age 71 and if they return will be with my son.
If we are very crazy at concerts
Fortunately

with respect
Sergio

Were your 71 year old parents crazy at the concert too? That, I believe, would be a delight to see and quite catchy.

I've been to Buenos Aires twice: at the first time I went to see Bob Dylan, and the second time I went to see 2 AC/DC concerts. There's no comparison between the Argentinian fans with any crowd in the world. I haven't seen the Stones there yet, and Buenos Aires is not only the place to be but will surely be my next stop if they come here.

Unless one might want to see a classical concert, or opera. eye rolling smiley

Posted by: sdstonesguy ()
Date: July 7, 2015 19:35

There was a thread on this a few months ago...I was given a hard time b/c I think fans at a rock concert should feel free to stand up, dance, have fun.

I think it comes down to this...many Stones fans are old...and are starting to behave like it. "Get off my lawn" seems to be the new theme among many Stones fans...I'll pass on that ideology.

Posted by: JohnnyBGoode ()
Date: July 7, 2015 19:40

The women?

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: July 7, 2015 19:40

If I were at a concert I'd also be annoyed if a bunch of punks were constantly screaming and yelling in front of me while waving flags. Has nothing to do with the nationality or whatever of these kids.

Posted by: CloudCat ()
Date: July 7, 2015 19:52

andrea66
I find this very strange, what if i would throw swedish flags on the stage when attending a show in the US?

if you were throwing a swedish flag when attending a show in italy....i couldn't care less.... it would not disturb me at all

people shouldn't be throwing anything on the stage - what the hell is that about anyway?
do you think the band wants that stuff?
take a gander at footage of shows where mick jagger picks up whatever chattle that has been heaved at the band, and look at his face as he throws, launches or kicks it back off stage. does it look like he likes things being thrown at him or at the band?

STOP
THROWING
THINGS
AT
THE BAND

it is dangerous. like pointing lasers on stage and at the band is dangerous.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-07-07 20:00 by CloudCat.

Posted by: 751st ()
Date: July 7, 2015 19:53

I don't see them as too much different than US audiences were in the seventies per say. I'm almost 60 and though I don't jump about like I used to I still like to move and groove my arse while at Stones shows. I don't get the flag waving but getting load and rowdy at Stones shows should almost be a requirement particularly if your still able to and I for one just don't have that energy level as I once had but to those who do rock out party and get LOUD.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: July 7, 2015 20:00

CloudCat
andrea66
I find this very strange, what if i would throw swedish flags on the stage when attending a show in the US?

People shouldn't be throwing anything on the stage - what the hell is that about anyway?
Do you think the band wants that stuff?
Take a gander at footage of shows where Mick Jagger picks up whatever chattle that has been heaved at the band, and look at his face as he throws, launches or kicks it back off stage. Does it look like he likes things being thrown at him or at the band?

STOP
THROWING
THINGS
AT
THE BAND

it is dangerous. like pointing lasers on stage and at the band is dangerous.[/quote]

Well I think they quite enjoyed the bra and panties thrown on stage era.

Date: July 7, 2015 20:05

Naturalust
CloudCat
andrea66

People shouldn't be throwing anything on the stage - what the hell is that about anyway?
Take a gander at footage of shows where Mick Jagger picks up whatever chattle that has been heaved at the band, and look at his face as he throws, launches or kicks it back off stage. Does it look like he likes things being thrown at him or at the band?

STOP
THROWING
THINGS
AT
THE BAND

you're confusing them with that welsh guy

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: July 7, 2015 20:21

CloudCat
Naturalust
CloudCat
andrea66

STOP
THROWING
THINGS
AT
THE BAND

Just fixing the quotes-within-quotes for y'all - something had gotten all funked up

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: July 7, 2015 20:39

I've seen videos of Stones shows in Buenos Aires, and of course, I've seen AC/DC at River Plate. Those are amazing crowds - I would never want to actually be there on the floor, but I love watching it on video.

Date: July 7, 2015 20:39

-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-07-08 20:19 by JumpinJeppeFlash.

Date: July 7, 2015 20:40

with sssoul
CloudCat
Naturalust
CloudCat
andrea66

STOP
THROWING
THINGS
AT
THE BAND

Just fixing the quotes-within-quotes for y'all - something had gotten all funked up

yeah, too much stuff thrown at them

thanks for the touch-up!

Date: July 7, 2015 20:43

I think if the stones are bothering them as Argentine fans would not have been more .
I invite you to see a concert here . they liked much

Date: July 7, 2015 21:00

-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-07-08 20:19 by JumpinJeppeFlash.

Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: July 7, 2015 21:59

JumpinJeppeFlash
I don´t intend to offend anyone here, i just find it very interesting that so many seem to think argentinian fans are the best in the world just because they are screaming, jumping and throwing flags at concerts? I don´t get it, a rockconcert is not a game of soccer, i just write about things that i have experienced myself and i have seen these argentinian fans behave the same way on a few occasions before, the latest one being Orlando this year and i don´t find it that amusing like the majority here seem to do.

listen, give JumpinJeppeFlash a break. He went to see a show and for him it got ruined. I have had a knife pulled on me for no good reason at a Stones show. it Happens. Ass holes can ruin the experience of enjoying a show. By getting to pissed and too Aggressive. I have been to concerts with Clapton and James blunt and several others when a slow song was being played, and it got ruined because people were just to over the top wrecked, and basically a pain shouting over a song like wonderful tonight. it completely spoils the performance.
But i would add its not about nationalities, ass holes come in all nationalities, us Brits can be the worst in my experience.. too too much drink, they cant even remember being there the next day lol.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: July 7, 2015 22:56

keefriffhards
JumpinJeppeFlash
I don´t intend to offend anyone here, i just find it very interesting that so many seem to think argentinian fans are the best in the world just because they are screaming, jumping and throwing flags at concerts? I don´t get it, a rockconcert is not a game of soccer, i just write about things that i have experienced myself and i have seen these argentinian fans behave the same way on a few occasions before, the latest one being Orlando this year and i don´t find it that amusing like the majority here seem to do.

listen, give JumpinJeppeFlash a break. He went to see a show and for him it got ruined. I have had a knife pulled on me for no good reason at a Stones show. it Happens. Ass holes can ruin the experience of enjoying a show. By getting to pissed and too Aggressive. I have been to concerts with Clapton and James blunt and several others when a slow song was being played, and it got ruined because people were just to over the top wrecked, and basically a pain shouting over a song like wonderful tonight. it completely spoils the performance.
But i would add its not about nationalities, ass holes come in all nationalities, us Brits can be the worst in my experience.. too too much drink, they cant even remember being there the next day lol.

I'd say you're show was ruined before you even got to the event with that lineup! eye popping smiley

Posted by: relms ()
Date: July 7, 2015 23:00

Like this one time at a Jewel concert...

Posted by: relms ()
Date: July 7, 2015 23:00

Whiners just like to whine, complain and be unhappy

The crowds are too quiet, the crowd are too loud...

It is like Goldie Locks who could never be happy,
the porridge is too hot, the porridge is too cold,

They whine about sold out crowds,
They whine if shows don't sell out.

They whine if Mick doesnt move enough,
They whine if Mick moves too much "it hurts his singing".

They whine if the PA is too loud,
They whine if the PA is not loud enough.

Mainly they just whine.

haukej
Posted by: haukej ()
Date: July 5, 2015 05:48
Indianapolis IN USA 4-July-2015 Rolling Stones live show updates

i have seen the san diego, raleigh and indy show. in all fairness, i do not understand why people in the us are paying hundreds of dollars for front of stage and then not even clap their hands or show any emotions. just hundreds of phones and cameras staring at the band. must be quite annoying. i found the european shows to be completely different. sorry to say...

JumpinJeppeFlash
This thread-
Personally i think argentinian fans are totally overrated. I have never understood the thing with screaming and jumping up and down for 2h during a rockshow? I saw many of these fans by myself in Orlando where they were screaming and jumping from time to time during the show. This kind of behaviour is offensive to many people and i saw a couple of people having there seats right next to these argentinians who clearly were disturbed by this behaviour. And why are they throwing argentinian flags up on the stage in a country outside of southamerica? I find this very strange, what if i would throw swedish flags on the stage when attending a show in the US?

RIVER PLATE STONES 2015!!!! ROCK AND ROLL!!

Posted by: Olly ()
Date: July 7, 2015 23:05

CloudCat

STOP
THROWING
THINGS
AT
THE BAND

You make a sound point CloudCat, as you did in the 'Indianapolis live show updates' thread.

I'm reminded of various instances of things being thrown on stage:

- Jagger catching underwear thrown at his face during Live At The Max.

- Flowers thrown at the B-stage in Saitama in 2006.

- The fan who threw himself on stage and collided with Richards' guitar (winking smiley) at Hampton in 1981.

Olly.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 2 of 6

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1482
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home