Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1112131415161718192021...LastNext
Current Page: 16 of 22
Re: Indianapolis IN USA 4-July-2015 Rolling Stones live show updates
Posted by: maumau ()
Date: July 5, 2015 15:03

with sssoul
maumau
jumpingjackflash68
video: [www.youtube.com]
Half of Midnight Rambler

...You better come on in my kitchen, it's goin' to be rainin' outdoors...

Freakin beautiful invitation! Issued by the guitars & articulated by the Mick :E

thumbs up thumbs up thumbs up

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: July 5, 2015 15:33

haukej
i have seen the san diego, raleigh and indy show. in all fairness, i do not understand why people in the us are paying hundreds of dollars for front of stage and then not even clap their hands or show any emotions. just hundreds of phones and cameras staring at the band. must be quite annoying. i found the european shows to be completely different. sorry to say...

people in this country do not experience things anymore they live through their phones 24/7. . . they record the event instead of experiencing it.

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: July 5, 2015 15:53

Rokyfan
haukej
i have seen the san diego, raleigh and indy show. in all fairness, i do not understand why people in the us are paying hundreds of dollars for front of stage and then not even clap their hands or show any emotions. just hundreds of phones and cameras staring at the band. must be quite annoying. i found the european shows to be completely different. sorry to say...

people in this country do not experience things anymore they live through their phones 24/7. . . they record the event instead of experiencing it.

it happens a lot also in europe but I guess to a lesser extent
it is a double edge issue. we are here craving - at least I am smiling smiley - for periscope feed or quick youtube uploads to experience a bit of the gig. so this is kind of demand/offer thing
also I feel awckward about it because I dont even think about periscoping if I am at a gig, maybe I record a small clip or take a couple of photos to have a souvenir. But that's it, I do really prefer to experience the music myself.
last night i was at dylan's in Lucca, just went in the back of the place, a beautiful ancient square inside the walls of this medieval town, laid back on the ground and listened while looking up the starry sky.. just perfect, dont need to watch bob myself, no way I need to record a shi y video of him

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: July 5, 2015 16:13

Question:

Wasn't the winner of that Kiss Away contest supposed to introduce The Stones at this show last night?!

confused smiley

Posted by: Powerage5 ()
Date: July 5, 2015 16:23

Kurt
Question:

Wasn't the winner of that Kiss Away contest supposed to introduce The Stones at this show last night?!

confused smiley
We don't know when/where it was supposed to happen. They just said a show, not which one.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: July 5, 2015 16:31

AJDuffer
I was the lucky fan whom Jagger connected with for my cell phone for his selfie during Miss You.
It was a great way to connect with Mick on my 4th show in the last month.
Unfortunately, the security guard bumped my cell off when he handed it to Mick. If anyone has video coverage of Miss You from this show, PLEASE POST soon.
Thanks again Mick and band for entertaining your fans with first-class music!

Way cool AJDuffer - or anyway almost way cool! What did the Mick do with your off-turned phone -
just hand it back to you, or did he go through the routine anyway?
Pretty stupid of the security chap to turn it off (unless of course that's the way the Mick wants it done)
Very cool to have the interaction though - a touch of Glimmer is always brilliant

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-07-05 16:42 by with sssoul.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: July 5, 2015 16:49

"The Best Fourth of July Party in America"

[t.co]

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: July 5, 2015 16:55

Gaah! Really sorry to have missed Let It Bleed and hope they do it for one of the last 3 shows - it's the one I really want to see live this year. Nice video though - thank you to the posters. BUT I am getting heartily tired of Chuck's tinkling. He's so peppy and perky and bubbly it's like watching a bloody cheerleader. No rock, no soul, just pompoms. Ruins HTW for me every night. So ironic that Stu had to leave the band because he didn't look the part, and this is his "successor" as if anyone could be. Bloody hell, Chuck didn't get the message about good ol' sloppy rock and roll... Apparently I need caffeine...

Posted by: catchinem ()
Date: July 5, 2015 17:03

Miss You
[www.youtube.com]

Watch around the 7:10 mark for Keiths stumble

Posted by: terry ()
Date: July 5, 2015 17:03

I've noticed recent concerts keef starting to run back to the main stage.And I thought to myself then not a good idea, as its be a matter of time before he loses his balance.If the press get hold of this they will have a field day, then the jokes about old age.lets hope keef ok and no damage done, we can't have a rolling stone falling down.

Posted by: TumblinDice76 ()
Date: July 5, 2015 17:23

First Stones Show in 18 years!

I'm glad everyone that wanted Let it Bleed is happy. Of the four songs that were available to vote on, that was the only one I had heard before. Love Let it Bleed, but wanted to hear one that I haven't heard live before. Dead Flowers or Respctable would have been killer! OK, here we go.....

Three hour drive went pretty quickly. Weather was awesome. Chatting with other Stones fans is always a lot of fun. Got there around 5:30 local time. A lot of things to do and places to relax before the show inside the track. Actually a really good venue to see a concert. Plenty of porta potties too.

Saints of Valory-Actually sounded pretty good. They seemed generally thrilled to open for the Stones.

Rascal Flatts-Did any one else see the guy with the Rascal Flatts? Really? Shirt? -Nuff said.

Show started on time, fans were pumped-JJF and IOOR rocked. Great energy from the band.

LSTNT-I'm in the minority here I know, but I heard this one live at Soldier '97. I would have preffered All Down the Line or Live with me. But hey, it trumps Youu got me rocking in this spot.

Tumblin Dice is good as usual.

Out of Control-Again, I'm in the minority here, but I also heard this one at Soldier in '97. I know I'm REALLY in the minority here but I actualy wanted to hear Doom and Gloom.

Let it Bleed-Yep, played it at Soldier in '97. The crowd loved it and it wa killer so I'll move from preferring Dead Flowers or Respectable.

Wild Horses-Ugh, kind of took the steam out the concert. Crowd was realy into OOC and LIB. Wild Horses just seems like a downer for a crowd this big.

Bitch-Never really liked Bitch. Plus I heard it in Chicago '97. If they are going to play Wild Horses, they need to follow it up with something killer like CYHMK, Dead Flowers, or Sway. To be fair, I just wanted to hear CYHMK or Dead Flowers. Would have even loved You Gotta Move. Bitch after Wild Horses just seemed like a gyp.

Honky Tonk Women-Some one said in an earlier post "cowbell..show's over. Not really, this was an extremely rockin' version and got the crowd back into it after Wild Horses.

And now for the surprise of the night......Keith tore up both his songs! Iwas dragging from not getting CYHMK and Keith really pumped life back into me.

Midnight Rambler!!!!!! Never thought that Rambler would steal the show. Toatally did. KILLER version of Rambler.

The rest of the warhorses were high energy and great.

It's funny how when your not there, and just watching the setlist appear online, howthe war =horses seem like a drag. When you are there live, they are not a downer at all.

GREAT SHOW! The Stones proved taht they are STILL the Greatest Rock N Roll band i nthe world.

Drove home listening to the second set of the Dead show. ,,,,Ouch. Just made the Stones show sound that much better!

.....Now Iwant to go to Detroit.

Posted by: virgil ()
Date: July 5, 2015 17:27

In Dean Goodmans review he wrote, Will we ever know why Mick handed Ronnie a bottle of milk during the Introductions.

Unless, I'm misssing something or Dean was being sarcastic, I thought it was quite obvious.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-07-05 17:28 by virgil.

Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: July 5, 2015 17:37

SomeTorontoGirl
Gaah! Really sorry to have missed Let It Bleed and hope they do it for one of the last 3 shows - it's the one I really want to see live this year. Nice video though - thank you to the posters. BUT I am getting heartily tired of Chuck's tinkling. He's so peppy and perky and bubbly it's like watching a bloody cheerleader. No rock, no soul, just pompoms. Ruins HTW for me every night. So ironic that Stu had to leave the band because he didn't look the part, and this is his "successor" as if anyone could be. Bloody hell, Chuck didn't get the message about good ol' sloppy rock and roll... Apparently I need caffeine...

i agree... (about chuck, not necessarily the caffeine...)

Posted by: alieb ()
Date: July 5, 2015 17:41

AJDuffer
I was the lucky fan whom Jagger connected with for my cell phone for his selfie during Miss You. It was a great way to connect with Mick on my 4th show in the last month. Unfortunately, the security guard bumped my cell off when he handed it to Mick. If anyone has video coverage of Miss You from this show, PLEASE POST soon. Thanks again Mick and band for entertaining your fans with first-class music!

Do you know if the Security guard turned your phone off intentionally or by accident?

Also, for those who were asking, i'm pretty sure the consensus on here was that the person who was introducing the band for the contest would be doing it in Detroit

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: July 5, 2015 17:49

virgil
In Dean Goodmans review he wrote, Will we ever know why Mick handed Ronnie a bottle of milk during the Introductions.

Unless, I'm misssing something or Dean was being sarcastic, I thought it was quite obvious.

Me, sarcastic? I have subsequently been told that it's a tradition for Indy 500 winners to drink milk. Which would explain why Mick said, "And the winner is ..."

I also did not see the Keith tumble, alas.

Date: July 5, 2015 17:55

catchinem
Miss You
[www.youtube.com]

AJDuffer's Phone Moment is around 6:40-6:50 - looks like Mick says "it's off!" and passes it back
so that restores my faith that it wasn't turned off on purpose. I hereby renounce doubting these Phone Moments!
It's a charming, hilarious, clever and imaginative move. I love the Rolling Stones

Posted by: alieb ()
Date: July 5, 2015 18:01

with sssoul
catchinem
Miss You
[www.youtube.com]

AJDuffer's Phone Moment is around 6:40-6:50 - looks like Mick says "it's off!" and passes it back
so that restores my faith that it wasn't turned off on purpose. I hereby renounce doubting these Phone Moments!
It's a charming, hilarious, clever and imaginative move. I love the Rolling Stones

So frustrating! You get a rare moment in the spotlight and it is ruined by a stupid off button! Oh well, at least they can say that Mick held their phone

Posted by: mighty stork ()
Date: July 5, 2015 18:10

TheBlockbuster
Definitely not as good as Milwaukee? Then it couldn't have been very good. I attended the Milwaukee show which was for most parts a weak show... Glad I didn't see this one when also considering the lame setlist (to be expected due to large crowd).
No one who thought this was the best show of the tour??

You thought Milwaukee was a weak show???? Maybe you had an off night because the energy of both the band and audience were great. Although it didn't live up to the hype of "smallest venue on this tour" it was still great. Where were you sitting?

Posted by: CloudCat ()
Date: July 5, 2015 18:15

with sssoul
catchinem
Miss You
[www.youtube.com]

i, too, so renounce the doubting!
long live the phone moments
long live and hail the rolling stones

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: July 5, 2015 18:20

I believe this tour peaked a few show me s ago. Seems as if they are ramping down, already on vacation in their minds. Keith has looked unsteady for a few shows now. I was very worried watching him hit the floor after BYMMR a couple of periscopes ago. He appears more high than ill, that's an assumption of course, it's all ok with me but the band gets nervous, MU had the sense of fright that reminded me of the tension at another raceway. Anyhow if Keith gets hurt, that's bad, give him a stool, nothing wrong with taking a load off. Stupid to pretend you're not old.

Posted by: AJDuffer ()
Date: July 5, 2015 18:25

I will try and post my recording of Miss You when I get back to Minnesota late tonight. It is not clear if the security guard or Mick bumped my cell off but it truly was a magical moment for me just to make that connection with the greatest front man ever.

Posted by: mighty stork ()
Date: July 5, 2015 18:32

TumblinDice76

Drove home listening to the second set of the Dead show. ,,,,Ouch. Just made the Stones show sound that much better!

.....Now Iwant to go to Detroit.

3 hour drive back and you were listening to The Dead? Weren't you afraid you would fall asleep at the wheel?

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: July 5, 2015 18:49

catchinem
Miss You
[www.youtube.com]

Watch around the 7:10 mark for Keiths stumble

Yep, man down :-( Ronnie is seen clearing the stage around 7:21 but it looks like a piece of clothing (bra ?) or a plastic box (popcorn ?) so I doubt that would have caused Keith to fall. I still think he tripped onto something though because he seemed fine just before.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: July 5, 2015 18:55

DoomandGloom
I believe this tour peaked a few show me s ago. Seems as if they are ramping down, already on vacation in their minds. Keith has looked unsteady for a few shows now. I was very worried watching him hit the floor after BYMMR a couple of periscopes ago. He appears more high than ill, that's an assumption of course, it's all ok with me but the band gets nervous, MU had the sense of fright that reminded me of the tension at another raceway. Anyhow if Keith gets hurt, that's bad, give him a stool, nothing wrong with taking a load off. Stupid to pretend you're not old.

Not quite sure how many times you would like your predictions and summations proven wrong on a single tour. Are you attempting some sort of record? cool smiley This tour (and band) are not ramping down..they give their all every time out and will continue to. I also believe you might be the only one that felt the "sense of fright that reminded you of tension at another raceway".

Date: July 5, 2015 18:56

gotdablouse
Yep, man down :-( Ronnie is seen clearing the stage around 7:21 but it looks like a piece of clothing (bra ?) or a plastic box (popcorn ?)
so I doubt that would have caused Keith to fall. I still think he tripped onto something though because he seemed fine just before.

Stepping on underwear on a smooth surface when you don't expect to is definitely a way to slip and fall
(don't ask me how I know so much about it please!) so if that was part of what happened
it shows yet again why the Mick has so often made it so plain that he doesn't like things being thrown at the stage

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-07-05 18:58 by with sssoul.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: July 5, 2015 19:00

MisterDDDD
DoomandGloom

Not quite sure how many times you would like your predictions and summations proven wrong on a single tour. Are you attempting some sort of record? cool smiley This tour (and band) are not ramping down..they give their all every time out and will continue to. I also believe you might be the only one that felt the "sense of fright that reminded you of tension at another raceway".

Our friend Doom must be having a bad morning. Doom, wasn't it just the Atlanta thread when you were singing their praises to the hills? Something to the effect that what they were doing was fantastic and impossible...

Posted by: cmc ()
Date: July 5, 2015 19:05

AJDuffer
I will try and post my recording of Miss You when I get back to Minnesota late tonight. It is not clear if the security guard or Mick bumped my cell off but it truly was a magical moment for me just to make that connection with the greatest front man ever.

Way to go AJ! Happy for you.

Posted by: mgguy ()
Date: July 5, 2015 19:14

I was there last night, having scored some really great gold seats, but wait there were no seats! DUH!
It's been a long time since I've done festival-and it can be a blast with the right people around you-I had some crazy dancing party girls by me who kept things, well, lively?

Kinda hard to navigate the maze of bodies and blankets and debris-so best stay put when you've staked your spot.(not for the weak of bladder,lol)

Anyway, the show was great and the sound was pretty crisp and sharp, nice night with the stones!

I'll admit to leaving a tad early to avoid the insane exit exodus, and after reading that BV took an hour and a half to get out of VIP parking...

Posted by: jrcjohnny99 ()
Date: July 5, 2015 19:16

DeanGoodman
virgil

Me, sarcastic? I have subsequently been told that it's a tradition for Indy 500 winners to drink milk. Which would explain why Mick said, "And the winner is ..."

I also did not see the Keith tumble, alas.

Yeah, the "Drinking of the Milk" is a big Indy 500 tradition; I saw around a lot of Indy folks who loved that moment; also the Tom Brady line got a big cheer where I was...

Posted by: jrcjohnny99 ()
Date: July 5, 2015 19:19

mighty stork
TheBlockbuster
Definitely not as good as Milwaukee? Then it couldn't have been very good. I attended the Milwaukee show which was for most parts a weak show... Glad I didn't see this one when also considering the lame setlist (to be expected due to large crowd).
No one who thought this was the best show of the tour??

You thought Milwaukee was a weak show???? Maybe you had an off night because the energy of both the band and audience were great. Although it didn't live up to the hype of "smallest venue on this tour" it was still great. Where were you sitting?

Of course different people have different perceptions of shows; but I think the consensus (at least of all the folks I know) was that Milwaukee was probably the best show of the tour, certainly set list wise, performance wise it was right up there shy of a few Keef mistakes (but a Stones show wouldn't be a Stones show if Keef didn't screw up a couple of times!)

Indy was a good show, probably in the upper half of the shows on the tour so far...
Highlights were definitely "Let It Bleed", a fantastic "Out of Control" and maybe the best "Rambler" of the tour so far...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-07-05 19:22 by jrcjohnny99.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1112131415161718192021...LastNext
Current Page: 16 of 22

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1519
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home