Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1213141516171819202122Next
Current Page: 21 of 22
Re: Indianapolis IN USA 4-July-2015 Rolling Stones live show updates
Posted by: CloudCat ()
Date: July 6, 2015 20:34

EddieByword

lol........I won't, I woon't, I promise....I'm sure if I tried any of the above with my grundy undies I would be most likely, respectively, be reported to the police, punched in the face or blatantly ignored ...........damn that Mick Jagger, he's soooooo picky........smoking smiley

Ask James Phelge how to do this correctly

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: July 6, 2015 20:35

CloudCat
EddieByword

lol........I won't, I woon't, I promise....I'm sure if I tried any of the above with my grundy undies I would be most likely, respectively, be reported to the police, punched in the face or blatantly ignored ...........damn that Mick Jagger, he's soooooo picky........smoking smiley

Ask James Phelge how to do this correctly

Who's James Phelge? ..........ahh right - I just googled him, not that it enlightened me any..........

James Phelge's blog.....
Keith Richards: Phelge was the name of a guy that lived with us in Edith Grove at World's End, who was one of the most disgusting people that I've ever known. He was known as Phelge and he was the sort of guy who would meet you on the stairs of your slum with his streaked Y-fronts on his head, and nothing else, and he'd say: "This is Phelge – welcome home. Unfortunately I haven't made enough money this week to help chip in with the rent, so instead I'll entertain you and be as disgusting as possible for the whole week."

Well, I am free of streaks..........as Andy Warhol said......."Clean pants everyday........

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2015-07-06 20:41 by EddieByword.

Date: July 6, 2015 20:45

EddieByword

Who's James Phelge? ..........ahh right - I just googled him, not that it enlightened me any..........

nonetheless! you should read his book, "nankering with the stones" it's an entertaining tour of adventures in edith grove

(by the way: someone named a place in wales "mumbles"??? were they having a laugh?)

Posted by: dhinkle555 ()
Date: July 6, 2015 21:10

To Powerage5's question about the lithos, the one you call promotional with the checkered tongue was numbered up to 550, the artwork litho was not, at least the one I bought.

Date: July 6, 2015 21:22

CloudCat
EddieByword

nonetheless you should read his book, "nankering with the stones" it's an entertaining tour of adventures in edith grove

(by the way: someone named a place in wales "mumbles"??? were they having a laugh?)

I think I got the picture with keith's quote.......thanks anyway,,,,maybe sometime when I've got time........thumbs up

The Mumbles?...it's where the Bumbles come from............The Wombles from Wimbledon and the Bumbles from................

Seriously, the Mumbles - short for Mumbles Head are two islands off the coast of Swansea bay............

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

From the South - west.....the ships would round the islands into the bay behind.........

The folklore is that when European ships came up the Bristol channel from the Atlantic to trade with Swansea, one of the sailors decided the landmark for Swansea...the two islands, reminded him (them) of a pair of breasts sticking out of the water........(I would guess maybe an Italian source - mammals (from latin - animals that feed their young milk) - mammaries - mama - mum - mumbles....It was probably originally mambles - someone told me it was derived from French but I wasn't so convinced.....

The name Swansea has likewise has mutated, it origin is nothing to do with swans on the sea, apparently a viking set up base and established the first rudiments of a town here. He was called Sweyne, he built a lookout post on the then unnamed Mumbles head....the area became known as Sweyne's Eye......and so on..........

Someone in Wales did name somewhere......Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogochuchaf

PS...I'm glad the Indianapolis show has been and gone.............as this is so OT.

Edited 9 time(s). Last edit at 2015-07-08 06:00 by EddieByword.

Date: July 6, 2015 22:41

EddieByword

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Someone in Wales did name somewhere......Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogochuchaf

easy for you to say!

is that your grandfather's (bless him!) lighthouse?

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: July 6, 2015 22:53

Am I following this right - Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogochuchaf is how you say
"I'm glad the Indianapolis show has been and gone" in Welsh?? eye popping smiley

Date: July 6, 2015 22:54

CloudCat
EddieByword

easy for you to say!

is that your grandfather's (bless him!) lighthouse?

Actually, easy for anyone to say once they know how....[llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch.co.uk]

Great, great...and so on back to 1798....grandfather, yes, I think the first actual building was wood and clay/granite so it's evolved a lot since then but on the same site/island...........that's the one.........

More trivia....The 3 mile coast from Swansea city - Mumbles is also the site of the first passenger railway (horse drawn<>steam<>electric) in the world 1807 - but gone since 1960.........

Date: July 6, 2015 22:57

with sssoul
Am I following this right - Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogochuchaf is how you say
"I'm glad the Indianapolis show has been and gone" in Welsh?? eye popping smiley

You forgot the PS in front of the reddened comments...lol.........winking smiley...........in Welsh it's "Rwy'n falch y sioe Indianapolis wedi bod, ac wedi mynd"

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: July 6, 2015 23:11

<<here's to 1798!>>

To 1819 as well, which was another great tour.

Posted by: sundevil ()
Date: July 6, 2015 23:42

look at the video the stones made. lots of blankets and wasted space. what's sad is the bronze section was way far away, even from the relay towers. poor planning. the performance was blistering though. great show, fantastic keith.

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: July 7, 2015 00:51

dhinkle555
To Powerage5's question about the lithos, the one you call promotional with the checkered tongue was numbered up to 550, the artwork litho was not, at least the one I bought.

In the last few shows the artwork litho has not been numbered. It seems maybe they stopped numbering the artwork litho after Orlando or so.

Posted by: Powerage5 ()
Date: July 7, 2015 02:01

swimtothemoon
dhinkle555

In the last few shows the artwork litho has not been numbered. It seems maybe they stopped numbering the artwork litho after Orlando or so.
Ah, that's a shame. I'd love to have a numbered litho from each of my shows, but I really have no desire to get the tongue litho for whatever sports team in each city sad smiley

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: July 7, 2015 02:18

What I want to know is who in the band if anyone, made the slightest attempt to get to Keith when he fell and make sure he was OK? Seemed like Ronnie was possibly the only one but I really couldn't tell from the poor videos. Perhaps some of the crew?

I guess they are too professional to take notice enough or let it interrupt a multi million dollar performance? I mean wtf? The guy was down for quite a while, if I was near the catwalk I'd have probably jumped over security to try to help the guy to his feet.

Posted by: catchinem ()
Date: July 7, 2015 02:26

Naturalust
What I want to know is who in the band if anyone, made the slightest attempt to get to Keith when he fell and make sure he was OK? Seemed like Ronnie was possibly the only one but I really couldn't tell from the poor videos. Perhaps some of the crew?

I guess they are too professional to take notice enough or let it interrupt a multi million dollar performance? I mean wtf? The guy was down for quite a while, if I was near the catwalk I'd have probably jumped over security to try to help the guy to his feet.

Look all the way to the right at the stage on that pic that was posted of Keith down and the hat on the runway. It is a huge pic so you have to move the scroll thing at the bottom of the pic. You will see a stage hand and Lisa's reaction.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-07-07 02:33 by catchinem.

Posted by: thewurst ()
Date: July 7, 2015 02:47

A mere flesh wound..

Posted by: spsimmons ()
Date: July 7, 2015 02:55

If that plastic hat brings the mighty Stones to their end, I'm gonna be pissed.

Date: July 7, 2015 03:03

catchinem
Naturalust

Look all the way to the right at the stage on that pic that was posted of Keith down and the hat on the runway. It is a huge pic so you have to move the scroll thing at the bottom of the pic. You will see a stage hand and Lisa's reaction.

Nice catch catchinem. Looks like the stage hand is flying and Lisa is praying. I was going to make a resolution to never criticize Lisa again if she was actually in motion.

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: July 7, 2015 04:22

Pretty sure that's Jane Rose in the pit, next to her sole client. Oblivious (as I was).

Date: July 7, 2015 04:45

CloudCat
EddieByword

nonetheless! you should read his book, "nankering with the stones" it's an entertaining tour of adventures in edith grove

I just checked this out on Ebay..there was just one.......the person selling wanted $100.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-07-07 04:45 by EddieByword.

Date: July 7, 2015 05:01

DeanGoodman
Pretty sure that's Jane Rose in the pit, next to her sole client. Oblivious (as I was).

You could be right! Nice catch. It's also possible that fellow dressed like the American flag across the runway is the one who slipped the hat on the stage. Seems to fit his costume.

Posted by: StonesHood ()
Date: July 7, 2015 05:12

Naturalust
DeanGoodman

You could be right! Nice catch. It's also possible that fellow dressed like the American flag across the runway is the one who slipped the hat on the stage. Seems to fit his costume.

She's inside the rail - Hand on the stage.( wearing a handcuff bracelet?)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-07-07 05:17 by StonesHood.

Posted by: Brstonesfan ()
Date: July 7, 2015 06:15

Only 50k-55k..again Indiana did not sell well for the Stones. Better than 47k at texas Motor Speedway in 97 which had much better opening acts....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-07-07 06:16 by Brstonesfan.

Date: July 7, 2015 09:50

DeanGoodman

I don't think she's necessarily oblivious rather than looking for someone who could climb up there and help -
Jane Rose is about 4'11" and if that is her she must be standing on a step or two already just to reach that high.
Mick did react vocally and I reckon he had a watchful eye on the whole situation -
and yes they are the Rolling Stones and what they have always done in situations like that is continue performing.

The assbutt who threw that crappy piece of plastic up there and the crewmembers whose job it is to keep the stage clear
are the ones who deserve to be berated. If you watch the video snippet of the crash,
Keith was back up in a few seconds - not a lot of time in the heat of a rock & roll show
when so much is going on at once (even if you just count Tim Ries's highly ummm energetic playing at the time).
It only seems like Keith was down for a considerable time because a] you know it's coming and
b] you keep staring at the photo :E

Blessings and well-being on Keith and all the Rolling Stones

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2015-07-10 12:47 by with sssoul.

Date: July 7, 2015 10:40

EddieByword
I just checked this out on Ebay..there was just one.......the person selling wanted $100.

You can get the book direct from the author. The title is now Phelge's Stones:
[www.jamesphelge.com]

Date: July 7, 2015 12:54

with sssoul
EddieByword

You can get the book direct from the author. The title is now Phelge's Stones:
[www.jamesphelge.com]

That's good to know (& better).......thanks alot............smileys with beer

Posted by: jrcjohnny99 ()
Date: July 7, 2015 16:28

Brstonesfan
Only 50k-55k..again Indiana did not sell well for the Stones. Better than 47k at texas Motor Speedway in 97 which had much better opening acts....

And yet it was what, the 2nd largest crowd of the tour so far?
Hell, they sold more tickets in Indy than in Dallas.....

Ronnie on fire in Indy.
Posted by: Marln864 ()
Date: July 6, 2015 20:16

I havn't seen much about
Ronnie here , but my 1st Stones show was in Indy. 7/4/15. Ronnie was amazing. I was 20 ft. from Keith & Watched him mostly. But I also watched Ronnie & he really was great.

Re: Ronnie on fire in Indy.
Posted by: CMH516 ()
Date: July 6, 2015 20:31

It's really funny to think that Ronnie was originally hired much more due to his personality than his playing. He's so friggin good now it's impossible to imagine the Stones sound without him.

Re: Ronnie on fire in Indy.
Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: July 6, 2015 20:35

"Pas trop tôt" as we say in French... eye rolling smiley

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1213141516171819202122Next
Current Page: 21 of 22

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1761
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home