Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1213141516171819202122Next
Current Page: 17 of 22
Re: Indianapolis IN USA 4-July-2015 Rolling Stones live show updates
Posted by: jrcjohnny99 ()
Date: July 5, 2015 19:21

Brstonesfan
Overall bad night and Keith falling is very upsetting.

Always good to get the opinion of someone at the show...oh wait, you weren't at the show were you?
Thanks for your useless opinion then.

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: July 5, 2015 19:26

latebloomer
MisterDDDD
DoomandGloom
I believe this tour peaked a few show me s ago. Seems as if they are ramping down, already on vacation in their minds. Keith has looked unsteady for a few shows now. I was very worried watching him hit the floor after BYMMR a couple of periscopes ago. He appears more high than ill, that's an assumption of course, it's all ok with me but the band gets nervous, MU had the sense of fright that reminded me of the tension at another raceway. Anyhow if Keith gets hurt, that's bad, give him a stool, nothing wrong with taking a load off. Stupid to pretend you're not old.

Not quite sure how many times you would like your predictions and summations proven wrong on a single tour. Are you attempting some sort of record? cool smiley This tour (and band) are not ramping down..they give their all every time out and will continue to. I also believe you might be the only one that felt the "sense of fright that reminded you of tension at another raceway".

Our friend Doom must be having a bad morning. Doom, wasn't it just the Atlanta thread when you were singing their praises to the hills? Something to the effect that what they were doing was fantastic and impossible...

Doom is not alone. Atlanta and Nashville WAS 'several shows ago'. Then again, all of us who were not there cannot really critique effectively.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: July 5, 2015 19:29

flacnvinyl
latebloomer
MisterDDDD
DoomandGloom
I believe this tour peaked a few show me s ago. Seems as if they are ramping down, already on vacation in their minds. Keith has looked unsteady for a few shows now. I was very worried watching him hit the floor after BYMMR a couple of periscopes ago. He appears more high than ill, that's an assumption of course, it's all ok with me but the band gets nervous, MU had the sense of fright that reminded me of the tension at another raceway. Anyhow if Keith gets hurt, that's bad, give him a stool, nothing wrong with taking a load off. Stupid to pretend you're not old.

Not quite sure how many times you would like your predictions and summations proven wrong on a single tour. Are you attempting some sort of record? cool smiley This tour (and band) are not ramping down..they give their all every time out and will continue to. I also believe you might be the only one that felt the "sense of fright that reminded you of tension at another raceway".

Our friend Doom must be having a bad morning. Doom, wasn't it just the Atlanta thread when you were singing their praises to the hills? Something to the effect that what they were doing was fantastic and impossible...

Doom is not alone. Atlanta and Nashville WAS 'several shows ago'. Then again, all of us who were not there cannot really critique effectively.

Arlington was fantastic and Nashville was spot on...

What's this about keith hitting the floor? Did I miss something?

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: July 5, 2015 19:30

latebloomer
MisterDDDD
DoomandGloom

yes they have been delivering but Mick sounds tired now, I did not say they are not trying. Once Keith had his episode they appear to go into autopilot, that is the normal course of action. It's not the first time for them, if Keith has this blaze of glory ending burnt into his psyche it's not fun or entertaining for me personally. I love the bloke and think playing a gigantic July 4th in tremendous heat a reckless act, thought so months ago. I'm glad it all turned out somewhat ok. I'm sure he hurts today, I played 5 hours yesterday outside and am still in bed, no room service of course.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: July 5, 2015 19:33

flacnvinyl
latebloomer
MisterDDDD
DoomandGloom

I see, so they are only as good as their last show. The Stones having an off night has never happened till this tour? But, yes, we should let those who were there have the final word.

Posted by: Long John Stoner ()
Date: July 5, 2015 19:33

jrcjohnny99
DeanGoodman
virgil
In Dean Goodmans review he wrote, Will we ever know why Mick handed Ronnie a bottle of milk during the Introductions.

Unless, I'm misssing something or Dean was being sarcastic, I thought it was quite obvious.

Me, sarcastic? I have subsequently been told that it's a tradition for Indy 500 winners to drink milk. Which would explain why Mick said, "And the winner is ..."

I also did not see the Keith tumble, alas.

Yeah, the "Drinking of the Milk" is a big Indy 500 tradition; I saw around a lot of Indy folks who loved that moment; also the Tom Brady line got a big cheer where I was...

I guess just to reinforce this- it has long been a tradition that the winner of the Indy 500 race drinks milk in the Winner's Circle right after the race. Before water, champagne, beer or often before kissing a wife, girlfriend or Miss Indy 500, race car drivers LIVE to be able to take a swig of milk at Indy.

[winnersdrinkmilk.com]

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: July 5, 2015 19:38

Wow really sorry to hear that Keith took a spill on the runway! Glad he is ok but the next very important question that comes to mind is....how is the guitar?! eye popping smiley

I do understand somewhat where Doom and Gloom is coming from with his statements although I don't agree they are ramping down. I just think that analyzing basically the same show, our own excitement and amazement can tend to ramp down a bit and this can easily get projected onto the band. I love the band, think they are putting on amazing shows, but my own excitement of watching the second half of the show on periscope has waned considerably regardless of what the band is doing. I think it's just natural.

I am a bit concerned about Mick's vocals though, hope some of the off key stuff I've heard is just due to technical problems because if one thing will shut down this act quicker than ever, it's Mick not being able to sing right. I suggest he get rid of those in ear monitors and listen to the monitor speakers like the rest of the band is doing.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-07-05 20:06 by Naturalust.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: July 5, 2015 20:02

Powerage5
Kurt
Question:

Wasn't the winner of that Kiss Away contest supposed to introduce The Stones at this show last night?!

confused smiley
We don't know when/where it was supposed to happen. They just said a show, not which one.

From the Rolling Stones' FB page:

"Congratulations to Megan Wood (no relation)! She's the winner of the Introducing the Rolling Stones competition hosted on justakissaway.rocks.

Megan and her guest will fly to Indiana and announce the band at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway on July 4. She should expect some other goodies as well. To our dear runners up: Sticky Fingers vinyl is being shipped this week, 50 in all. Thanks for playing!"

Date: July 5, 2015 20:09

Cristiano Radtke
Powerage5
Kurt
Question:

Wasn't the winner of that Kiss Away contest supposed to introduce The Stones at this show last night?!

confused smiley
We don't know when/where it was supposed to happen. They just said a show, not which one.

"Congratulations to Megan Wood (no relation)! She's the winner of the Introducing the Rolling Stones competition hosted on justakissaway.rocks.

Megan and her guest will fly to Indiana and announce the band at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway on July 4. She should expect some other goodies as well. To our dear runners up: Sticky Fingers vinyl is being shipped this week, 50 in all. Thanks for playing!"

Maybe she chickened out? I didn't hear the introduction last night, did Matt Clifford do it? It's also possible she had a scheduling conflict and we'll see it at a later show. Strange in any case.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: July 5, 2015 20:15

Naturalust
Cristiano Radtke
Powerage5
Kurt
Question:

confused smiley

Maybe she chickened out? I didn't hear the introduction last night, did Matt Clifford do it? It's also possible she had a scheduling conflict and we'll see it at a later show. Strange in any case.

Yes, it was Matt and there's a 6-second gap between "ladies and gentlemen" and "the Rolling Stones!", which sounds odd to me. Check it out from 1:17 onwards: [www.youtube.com]

Posted by: boldasluv ()
Date: July 5, 2015 20:22

I went to the show yesterday at the track and it was epic!
I haven't had so much fun since Woodstock! I am so happy!
If you missed it I'm sorry.

Date: July 5, 2015 20:35

Cristiano Radtke
Naturalust
Cristiano Radtke
Powerage5
Kurt
Question:

confused smiley

Yes, it was Matt and there's a 6-second gap between "ladies and gentlemen" and "the Rolling Stones!", which sounds odd to me. Check it out from 1:17 onwards: [www.youtube.com]

Hmmm. Maybe she did have a pre-recorded thing and they just had technical problems getting it to play on cue? That pause could also have been intentional just to create a bit of suspense. I hope we find out eventually what happened to Megan Wood...that was the first contest I entered in years.

Posted by: HearMeKnockin ()
Date: July 5, 2015 20:36

Naturalust
Cristiano Radtke
Naturalust
Cristiano Radtke
Powerage5
Kurt
Question:

confused smiley

Hmmm. Maybe she did have a pre-recorded thing and they just had technical problems getting it to play on cue? That pause could also have been intentional just to create a bit of suspense. I hope we find out eventually what happened to Megan Wood...that was the first contest I entered in years.

Suspense? What, are the Beatles going to appear on stage?

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: July 5, 2015 20:39

with sssoul
...Stepping on underwear on a smooth surface when you don't expect to is definitely a way to slip and fall (don't ask me how I know so much about it please!)...

Keep it clean, sssoul sister! Would hate to see you jump on the banned wagon! winking smiley

Posted by: Marln864 ()
Date: July 5, 2015 20:56

Saw the stones 1st time ever 4/4/15. Great. I saw keith fall & I know it had to hurt & embarrass him.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: July 5, 2015 21:07

Munichhilton
What's this about keith hitting the floor? Did I miss something?

catchinem
Miss You
[www.youtube.com]

Watch around the 7:10 mark for Keiths stumble

Yep, man down :-( Ronnie is seen clearing the stage around 7:21 but it looks like a piece of clothing (bra ?) or a plastic box (popcorn ?) so I doubt that would have caused Keith to fall. I still think he tripped onto something though because he seemed fine just before.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: BillPriff ()
Date: July 5, 2015 21:10

Saw the stones in Indy last night from the VIP section. Although it wasn't set up very well and there was much confusion from the get go, once the stones came on everybody was satisfied. The guitars were super loud and the guys seemed to be having fun smiling and grooving all over the stage, mick seemed from my point of view to be having fun and smiling and interacting with the fans. Multiple times he paid attention to the fans in the very front which seems irregular from him. Keith did tumble and had people looking at him behind the amp, but he came right back out and played it a little harder afterwards. The crowd seemed into to me, but if you were in bronze or silver I can almost guarantee it wasn't fun for them the land they had to sit and stand on is far from ideal for sure. Once I again even if they had an off night to most on here they were on point for me last night. More importantly for me they looked to be enjoying it. I think the "is it because we're English" line is reference to some local media asking if it was American to go see the stones on the Fourth of July because they were English. Just sharing my thoughts!!!

Posted by: bv ()
Date: July 5, 2015 21:46

Great large crowd with a mix of longtimers and newcomers. No rush, everything cool, fireworks into midnight. And I just love the great pictures Jim Pietryga took at the show!

Reports and more pictures here: [www.iorr.org]

Bjornulf

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: July 5, 2015 21:48

Close up video of Keith's tumble. He actually wasn't jogging anymore, seems he was trying to clear something from the stage (read it was a hat) with his foot, and lost his balance.

[youtu.be]

It doesn't look that bad, hard to tell. Hopefully he's feeling fine today.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-07-05 21:49 by latebloomer.

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: July 5, 2015 22:03

MattClifford
I did the announcement as usual.

Take a bow!

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: July 5, 2015 22:08

latebloomer
Close up video of Keith's tumble. He actually wasn't jogging anymore, seems he was trying to clear something from the stage (read it was a hat) with his foot, and lost his balance.

[youtu.be]

... I hope whoever threw it up there - plus everyone who saw it happen -
absorbed how stupid it is to throw stuff onto stages.

Blessings and well-being on Keith and all the Rolling Stones

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: July 5, 2015 22:30

If you look real close you can see Mick Taylor in drag tripping Keith with his parasol.

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: July 5, 2015 22:59

with sssoul
latebloomer

[youtu.be]

... I hope whoever threw it up there - plus everyone who saw it happen -
absorbed how stupid it is to throw stuff onto stages.

Blessings and well-being on Keith and all the Rolling Stones

I agree

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: July 5, 2015 23:00

That's a simple stumble fall...I do a lot of those on Saturday nights...if he couldn't take that he shouldn't leave his armchair. He's fine...

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: July 5, 2015 23:08

Looks to be in Good spirits/shape today..

[twitter.com]

On to Detroit!! Keith with grandson..

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-07-05 23:19 by MisterDDDD.

Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: July 5, 2015 23:15

Down goes Richards! Sounded like Mick reacted vocally with "Whoa!" at first, then kept singing. Keith seemed to shrug it off, he gestures like "I meant to do that!" Better than being electrocuted again, I guess, but I hope he's okay. "A sturdy frame" indeed.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: July 5, 2015 23:35

That's a well-chosen T shirt, Keith!

Date: July 5, 2015 23:44

I LOVE how Keith protected his beloved telecaster throughout the whole fall thing. That is the sign of a true musician!

Just want to put in my kudos for this great post by andrewt in response to the negative comment police last night:

"I didn't take that as negative at all.
Sometimes you watch the Stones as you would your favorite sports team.
You cheer the good plays and groan at the flubbed ones.
But it's all rooted in a real passion for the game."

Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: July 5, 2015 23:48

Green Lady
That's a well-chosen T shirt, Keith!

grandson has great taste in music too ;-)

Posted by: plqmule ()
Date: July 6, 2015 00:12

45 minutes of news chopper footage.

video: [www.youtube.com]

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1213141516171819202122Next
Current Page: 17 of 22

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2151
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home