Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2021222324252627282930...LastNext
Current Page: 25 of 77
Re: The Rolling Stones Exhibitionism
Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: April 6, 2016 16:03

radkovskii85

I thought they did over 2000 shows? And 66 Albums?

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: April 6, 2016 16:14

^ The majority of those gigs taking place in 60's. hot smiley

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: April 6, 2016 16:28

Beast
In case this link hasn't been reposted since the film became available, here's James Bay's 17-minute take on the exhibition.

But if you don't want SPOILERS, then don't watch it!

[www.bbc.co.uk]

Thanks.

Started to watch it, but then got thinking do i really want to spoil it for myself.

Choices eh!

Posted by: waterrats ()
Date: April 6, 2016 16:40

Beast
In case this link hasn't been reposted since the film became available, here's James Bay's 17-minute take on the exhibition.

[www.bbc.co.uk]

BBC iPlayer TV programmes are available to play in the UK only.

hot smiley

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: April 6, 2016 17:04

When will this exhibitionism be in NYC, America?

Date: April 6, 2016 17:33

schillid
When will this exhibitionism be in NYC, America?

In November this year.

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: April 6, 2016 17:36

Thanks.

Posted by: Doc ()
Date: April 6, 2016 18:21

weird counting on albums and gigs...
Wish we could see the details...

They posted about 2000 gigs during the ABB Tour, how could they count back ?

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: April 6, 2016 18:47

Cristiano Radtke

Think Mick is mumbling to himself, 'STILL LIFE'? Wot is that?' while signing it?

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: April 6, 2016 19:50

Beast

[www.bbc.co.uk]

waterrats

And the old trick - a free anonymous Proxy Server from UK - apparently doesn't work anymore .... sad smiley

Posted by: CloudCat ()
Date: April 6, 2016 20:09

Beast
The exhibition has already been well described by others and I'm sure no one wants too many spoilers, so suffice it to say that I thoroughly enjoyed it yesterday. I hadn't known or even thought much about what to expect, but I found it to be very well done and some of it quite fascinating, such as the room on the stage designs, comments made in various videos featuring Don Was and so on.

It wasn't a problem taking photos of the Edith Grove mock-up, which was pretty authentic, even down to the smell already starting to emerge from the kitchen area! But later when I tried to take a photo of a particular costume, I was stopped from doing so. I think it's pot luck, though, meaning you'll only get stopped if someone happens to see you in the act.

So we spent a good four hours there in total. Even so, I will go back at least one, if not more, to look again at some of the items.

wheeeeee! the edith grove display has smell-o-vison!

I was so hoping that it would

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: April 6, 2016 22:21

I was with Beast going round it on opening day, and yes indeed - it held our attention for some fours hours plus. It was really well put together I thought, providing lots of interesting stuff for diehard fans who have been following them for 30/40/50 years, but also providing a really good insight for relative 'newbies' into what they are, how they have evolved over their 54 years of existence to date, what they have contributed in many ways (not only musically, things like stage design/sound engineering/audio-visual etc) ... so kind of something for everyone really. There was certainly no shortage of effort having gone into it, and no shortage of money having been spent on it. I can certainly recommend it anyway.

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: alieb ()
Date: April 6, 2016 22:27

CloudCat
Beast
The exhibition has already been well described by others and I'm sure no one wants too many spoilers, so suffice it to say that I thoroughly enjoyed it yesterday. I hadn't known or even thought much about what to expect, but I found it to be very well done and some of it quite fascinating, such as the room on the stage designs, comments made in various videos featuring Don Was and so on.

It wasn't a problem taking photos of the Edith Grove mock-up, which was pretty authentic, even down to the smell already starting to emerge from the kitchen area! But later when I tried to take a photo of a particular costume, I was stopped from doing so. I think it's pot luck, though, meaning you'll only get stopped if someone happens to see you in the act.

So we spent a good four hours there in total. Even so, I will go back at least one, if not more, to look again at some of the items.

wheeeeee! the edith grove display has smell-o-vison!

I was so hoping that it would

i personally didn't smell anything (i smelled the smell of wood that was probably left over from the instalations) but maybe it's because i'm still getting over a cold

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: April 6, 2016 22:31

are there any photos of Bill, with any of the Stones, at this opening? if there are I've missed them...

Posted by: brownsugar86 ()
Date: April 6, 2016 23:26

Keith looked so cool at the opening night, he needs to dress like that onstage and ditch the bright coloured shirts.

And is it me, or does Ronnie look as though he's aged quite rapidly during his 60's as though he's shrinking, still appears in good spirit and health though.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: April 7, 2016 00:13

And is it me, or does Ronnie look as though he's aged quite rapidly during his 60's as though he's shrinking,

Yeah I've noticed some sorta change in his face from around the start of the SA tour ...
Or is it just because of his brushed back 50's style hair-dooo ????????

ROCKMAN

Posted by: angee ()
Date: April 7, 2016 00:27

Yes, I think it's the hair, that he started brushing back instead of forward.
He seems to have modified that a bit, letting it come onto his forehead a little.

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: The Worst. ()
Date: April 7, 2016 00:28

hockenheim95
radkovskii85

I thought they did over 2000 shows? And 66 Albums?

They have indeed played more than 2000 shows.

And the total number of albums totally depends on how many compilation albums you are going to include. Have they included Stone Age, Gimme Shelter, Milestones and Solid Rock in that count? All are official releases by DECCA, but not all of them were approved by the band at the time of release.

I don´t know why, but for some reason, with almost every official release, project or statement involving facts, names and numbers they get something wrong. To be honest I don´t think they have a clue, perhaps with the exception of Bill Wyman. If you ask Mick, Keith or Charlie how many albums they´ve released or how many concerts they´ve played, they wouldn't know.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-04-07 00:29 by The Worst..

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: April 7, 2016 00:35

The Worst.

I suppose it depends on what you count as a show. I'm sticking with Gazza's calculations,
which put the 1000th show in 1967 and the 2000th in 2006 or so if memory serves,
but there could be arguments for a different count if you don't count live-in-the-studio shows,
TV appearances, shows shorter than X minutes, etc. The Department of Historical Accuracy
definitely wants them to explain where they got this 1679 figure from.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: April 7, 2016 00:39

paulywaul
I was with Beast going round it on opening day, and yes indeed - it held our attention for some fours hours plus. It was really well put together I thought, providing lots of interesting stuff for diehard fans who have been following them for 30/40/50 years, but also providing a really good insight for relative 'newbies' into what they are, how they have evolved over their 54 years of existence to date, what they have contributed in many ways (not only musically, things like stage design/sound engineering/audio-visual etc) ... so kind of something for everyone really. There was certainly no shortage of effort having gone into it, and no shortage of money having been spent on it. I can certainly recommend it anyway.

I'd be curious to hear from someone who attended the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Stones exhibit in Cleveland a while back, and this one. I don't remember a lot of positive feedback from the HOF exhibit.

Posted by: The Worst. ()
Date: April 7, 2016 00:44

with sssoul
The Worst.

I suppose it depends on what you count as a show. I'm sticking with Gazza's calculations,
which put the 1000th show in 1967 and the 2000th in 2006 or so if memory serves,
but there could be arguments for a different count if you don't count live-in-the-studio shows,
TV appearances, shows shorter than X minutes, etc. The Department of Historical Accuracy
definitely wants them to explain where they got this 1679 figure from.

Gazza counted Twickenham 22th of August 2006 to be their show number 2000, and he did not count TV shows etc. Perhaps the error they´ve done when counting only 1679 shows, is that they forgot to count two (or even three) shows for the many nights they played more than once. But I agree, this is definitely something that The Department of Historical Accuracy should investigate more closely.

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: April 7, 2016 00:51

waterrats
Beast

[www.bbc.co.uk]

F
hot smiley
damn!

Posted by: sundevil ()
Date: April 7, 2016 01:49

just wondering..... do they have a hampton roads display with a wax figure keith clobbering the stage crasher with his guitar.

[youtu.be]

Posted by: sarahunwin ()
Date: April 7, 2016 03:30

paulywaul

If I get to London this summer, maybe you, Beast and I can all go to the exhibit..... (if you aren't bored with it by then!) smiling smiley

Posted by: Monkeytonkman ()
Date: April 7, 2016 10:37

Damn I'm looking forward to this. All the reports and photos have got me slightly rubbery.

found a review on the Classic rock website which hasgot me even more excited.

[teamrock.com]

to everyone that goes, enjoy the crapolla out of it. I know I'm gonna

Keep on rockin \m/

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-04-07 13:19 by Monkeytonkman.

Posted by: MarthaTuesday ()
Date: April 7, 2016 12:11

I couldn't help looking at the spoilers - but hasn't ruined it for me. I'm really looking forward to going! Decided for now to wait until July but I might see how free I am in the coming weeks - looks like plenty of free slots still available.

Kind of upset with myself for not getting down there on Monday evening - but very pleased for those that did get there and got to see them. Was stuck in waiting for a plumber and by the time he'd finished it was kind of late to get there.

Loved the photo of Mick and Keith together - so nice seeing them looking so happy.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: April 7, 2016 13:42

The spoilers haven't spoiled it for me.

It's like seeing youtube clips of The Stones and then seeing them live.

Two differant things, but both great.

I'm looking forward to my visit next month and there is nothing like seeing everything they have to offer at Exhibitionism, right up close, I'm sure. winking smiley

Posted by: MarthaTuesday ()
Date: April 7, 2016 14:03

crawdaddy
The spoilers haven't spoiled it for me.

It's like seeing youtube clips of The Stones and then seeing them live.

Two differant things, but both great.

I'm looking forward to my visit next month and there is nothing like seeing everything they have to offer at Exhibitionism, right up close, I'm sure. winking smiley

I understand some people prefer not seeing anything in advance but I agree with this. It just whets my appetite even more!

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: April 7, 2016 14:16

Here are a few of my shots. I don´t want to spoil, if
you want to go there.

The infamous flat...there´s even more rooms.

Nice detail, the CB and MW records from Dartford train station...

Some Girls design with Rotten Roll on it...

Bill entering...

The Pathe Marconi list:

Well, and this....>grinning smiley<

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2020-04-21 23:54 by TooTough.

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: April 7, 2016 14:25

A bigger scan of the list in the outtakes thread here [www.iorr.org]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-04-07 14:25 by TooTough.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2021222324252627282930...LastNext
Current Page: 25 of 77

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2562
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home