Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1920212223242526272829...LastNext
Current Page: 24 of 77
Re: The Rolling Stones Exhibitionism
Posted by: Rollin92 ()
Date: April 5, 2016 22:44

Video at the bottom, 1 min in Ronnie and Bill mucking around on the carpet,both enjoying being there by the looks of it smileys with beer

[uk.celebrity.yahoo.com]

Posted by: RipThisBone ()
Date: April 5, 2016 23:04

Rollin92
Video at the bottom, 1 min in Ronnie and Bill mucking around on the carpet,both enjoying being there by the looks of it smileys with beer

[uk.celebrity.yahoo.com]

thumbs up

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: April 5, 2016 23:05

odean73
Ronnie on radio 2 now.

It's on their website now:

[www.bbc.co.uk]

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: April 5, 2016 23:06

That was great of Bill and Ronnie Rollin92. smileys with beer

Date: April 5, 2016 23:10

Great stuff Cristiano....................I luv it . smileys with beer

Posted by: CloudCat ()
Date: April 5, 2016 23:14

with sssoul

- left: 04 04 16 (don't know who took it; courtesy of Cristiano; right: 1995 by Anton Corbijn (courtesy of chippy)

Keith is forever (and he sure knows what suits him!)

I love the Rolling Stones

keith IS forever!
well said

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: April 5, 2016 23:36

I made a photo of a list of the recorded
Paris marconi songs. Will post it tomorrow
when I'm back home. Maybe workingvtitles but
Mentioned are Are You ready, (All?) My Life,
Brown Smear, Gone Dead Train, I used to be down,
Once You Start, Tuesday Night, Woody Motown (?)
"Total=44" (tracks)

Most of them aren't marked as "mastered". But
2 other unknown tracks are masteted:
Infection and Just because I told you

So that' s food for thought.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: April 5, 2016 23:47

mmmmmmm VERY interesting if Gone Dead Train is a cover of the King Solomon Hill song

ROCKMAN

Posted by: kitoise ()
Date: April 6, 2016 00:02

Can someone post a good scan of 'The Arts & Music' magazine' cover please?

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: April 6, 2016 00:14

Does anyone know what, if any reference is made to Andrew Oldham?
After all, he was a significant figure 1963-67.
The 6th Rolling Stone (with Stu).
Was he invited to the launch?

Posted by: Rollin92 ()
Date: April 6, 2016 00:41

jlowe
Does anyone know what, if any reference is made to Andrew Oldham?
After all, he was a significant figure 1963-67.
The 6th Rolling Stone (with Stu).
Was he invited to the launch?

Actually there was barely any reference made to Andrew Loog Oldham. I think he was mentioned once in the early days section but that was about it.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: April 6, 2016 00:44

odean73
Coming back to the UK

Yes please this summer.

Yeah hope so. Please!!! Or amsterdam. But UK would be great !!
Jeroen

Date: April 6, 2016 00:46

Does anyone have a clue, when the Exhibitionism thing will hit Amsterdam??
Jeroen

Date: April 6, 2016 01:21

crawdaddy
I love the sound of what might happen this year sometime in London, if it does come true. winking smiley

BBC talking to The Stones.

UK tour dates

"It's very easy and free," said drummer Charlie Watts. "Keith plays the same now as he ever did. He sits there and plays a song and if something comes to him, he'll put that into it."

Wood said the new music would be released "sometime this year", while Jagger said the band would be announcing more shows in the coming months.

"We'll come back to the UK, indeed," he said. "It doesn't feel very long since we played [here] but actually it's ages ago now."

"I think our main thing is playing live these days," Richards added. "Within the band, we always feel like the next show is going to be better.

"For a bunch of reprobates we have an incredible dedication to our job."

Thanks Crawdaddy. After working a long evening, this was good news. Reading it with a glass of wine, the stones will do some shows in the UK !!
Great.
jeroen

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: April 6, 2016 01:26

I think I need to go see this! hot smiley

Posted by: dannyhowells ()
Date: April 6, 2016 01:28

I enjoyed it. Obviously comparable to "David Bowie Is" but not as much depth I thought. Spent two hours there whereas with Bowie I felt it needed multiple visits.
Edith Grove was great, even if it's only based on the band's memories. (It was vile btw haha!!) Loved the tape boxes, lyrics, stage designs and so on. Guitars were great, the dulcimer Brian played on Lady Jane for example.
It maybe felt there could have been more, although getting to see Mick's Altamont outfit was amazing, and the 3D "Satisfaction" video from Hyde Park brought back so many amazing memories.
I wonder if Bill is still hogging some of the good stuff as I'm sure there were some gems in his book that would have worked well in the exhibition?
A lot of the good "reading" stuff i.e. handwritten lyrics, Keith's diary etc are in the Exhibitionism book you can buy in the gift shop.
All in all, really enjoyable and will definitely be paying another visit.
*EDIT* One of my favourite items was Keith's "mobile wardrobe" suitcase from early 80s I think .. one of the coolest things I've ever seen.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-04-06 01:40 by dannyhowells.

Date: April 6, 2016 01:29

Re Amsterdam .. In the book I think it says 14 countries over 4 years .. doesn't state which countries though but I bet Holland will be one.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-04-06 01:30 by dannyhowells.

Date: April 6, 2016 01:35

Re: taking pics ... no, but you can .. sort of. Well I managed about 20 before getting told off! But most of the good stuff is in the book except Edith Grove (which is only a mock up anyway.)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-04-06 01:42 by dannyhowells.

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: April 6, 2016 01:50

Keith's psychedelic Les paul custom, the Gimme Shelter Maton, Brian's Vox Bijou!!! Hot damn! hot smiley

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: April 6, 2016 03:32

The Rolling Stones talk to us at Exhibitionism

[www.youtube.com]

Date: April 6, 2016 09:25

dannyhowells
Re Amsterdam .. In the book I think it says 14 countries over 4 years .. doesn't state which countries though but I bet Holland will be one.

ThanksDanny.
Jeroen

Posted by: Harlem Shuffler ()
Date: April 6, 2016 11:51

Harlem Shuffler
Just wanted to say that the film of the Stones belting out Satisfaction is the best 3D I've seen. This may be because it's in a fairly small room and/or because it's my favourite band but it certainly was a great experience.

And another thing, the sizes of the £19.99 t-shirts. My size is small but the small is a tightish fit while the medium is too big. They let me try them on over the shirt I was wearing so I made allowances and bought the small one. When I tried it on at home it was a bit better but still a little tight.

This message brought to you courtesy of Harlem Shuffler Consumer Advice UK.

Date: April 6, 2016 11:58

Thanks for the advice Harlem Shuffler.

I sometimes have trouble with tees, as small is too small and some medium are too big for me.

Got a medium Stones football shirt in Porto Alegre which was a great fit and a SA one which is a little baggy. An SM size would be great. smoking smiley

Date: April 6, 2016 12:42

Went to the press preview on Monday morning, and a review is up on The Arts Desk, here's the link:

[www.theartsdesk.com]

Out of the broadsheet reviews, the Telegraph art critic Mark Hudson's was the best, while the Guardian's is typically sour puritanical old crap from critics of a certain age for whom the Rolling Stones can only disappoint with ye olde 'sell-out'.
Still gets four stars though, which s weird.

Posted by: radkovskii85 ()
Date: April 6, 2016 14:08

Posted by: mrsw ()
Date: April 6, 2016 15:07

I went to the premiere and got to meet Keith after 34 years! Saw them all and the following day went to the exhibition with VIP passes.It is great but poor Mick Taylor is being whitewashed.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: April 6, 2016 15:11

TooTough
I made a photo of a list of the recorded
Paris marconi songs. Will post it tomorrow
when I'm back home. Maybe workingvtitles but
Mentioned are Are You ready, (All?) My Life,
Brown Smear, Gone Dead Train, I used to be down,
Once You Start, Tuesday Night, Woody Motown (?)
"Total=44" (tracks)

Most of them aren't marked as "mastered". But
2 other unknown tracks are masteted:
Infection and Just because I told you

So that' s food for thought.

Looking forward to that, thanks. Infection rings a bell, actually wasn't there a song called "Infekshun" on a Ronnie album from that time?

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: April 6, 2016 15:18

The exhibition has already been well described by others and I'm sure no one wants too many spoilers, so suffice it to say that I thoroughly enjoyed it yesterday. I hadn't known or even thought much about what to expect, but I found it to be very well done and some of it quite fascinating, such as the room on the stage designs, comments made in various videos featuring Don Was and so on.

It wasn't a problem taking photos of the Edith Grove mock-up, which was pretty authentic, even down to the smell already starting to emerge from the kitchen area! But later when I tried to take a photo of a particular costume, I was stopped from doing so. I think it's pot luck, though, meaning you'll only get stopped if someone happens to see you in the act.

So we spent a good four hours there in total. Even so, I will go back at least one, if not more, to look again at some of the items.

Posted by: alieb ()
Date: April 6, 2016 15:39

Beast
The exhibition has already been well described by others and I'm sure no one wants too many spoilers, so suffice it to say that I thoroughly enjoyed it yesterday. I hadn't known or even thought much about what to expect, but I found it to be very well done and some of it quite fascinating, such as the room on the stage designs, comments made in various videos featuring Don Was and so on.

It wasn't a problem taking photos of the Edith Grove mock-up, which was pretty authentic, even down to the smell already starting to emerge from the kitchen area! But later when I tried to take a photo of a particular costume, I was stopped from doing so. I think it's pot luck, though, meaning you'll only get stopped if someone happens to see you in the act.

So we spent a good four hours there in total. Even so, I will go back at least one, if not more, to look again at some of the items.

i got half-heartedly told off by a security guard but he didn't ask me to delete the photo and i carried on my merry way taking photos and videos throughout. It's already all on the news anyways. One small but interesting thing I noted in regards to Mick Taylor and what some people have already said about him not really being in the exhibition- when I went to mix HTW from Ya-Yas in the gear section, Ronnie was listed as the guitar.

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: April 6, 2016 15:44

In case this link hasn't been reposted since the film became available, here's James Bay's 17-minute take on the exhibition.

But if you don't want SPOILERS, then don't watch it!

[www.bbc.co.uk]

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1920212223242526272829...LastNext
Current Page: 24 of 77

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2200
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home