Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...6768697071727374757677
Current Page: 77 of 77
Re: The Rolling Stones Exhibitionism - Unzipped
Posted by: Lien ()
Date: March 6, 2024 16:55

Irix
Maybe the Groninger Museum could show their online version of Unzipped occasionally again, e.g. when the Stones are on tour.

[shop.groningermuseum.nl]

How We Helped Exhibitionism Fix a Glaring Error!
Posted by: schillid ()
Date: April 9, 2024 17:47

Here is a story about a glaring error that I discovered at Exhibitionism back in 2016 before the opening of the show in New York City. (I also posted this story recently on the thread in memory of with sssoul.)

In 2016, I saw Exhibitionism in NYC, on the Sunday before it was opened to the public, as a guest of Matt Lee.

In one of the galleries there was a display dedicated to many of the most notable people who’ve played with the Stones over the years: Nicky, Stu, Bobby, Daryl, Lisa, etc. Comprised of four synchronized video monitors, all four screens changed together to the next person, and one of the four had the person’s name. It was on a continuous loop. Around a dozen people that all of us Rolling Stones fans know.

I was watching the display, and the featured sideman was Billy Preston. Screen #1 had a photo of Billy along with the caption “Billy Preston, keyboards.” The other screens #2, #3 and #4 showed other photos … BUT THE PICTURE ON SCREEN #3 WASN'T BILLY PRESTON!… It was Ollie Brown!! I couldn't believe it! Ridiculous! Very bad! Some other African-American? Seriously??

I mentioned this serious error to a few people at the show: An attendant in the gallery, Matt Lee, a woman in the souvenir shop. No one seemed to understand or care... The opening party was about to happen in two days...

And Sunday night, with sssoul to the rescue! I emailed her. She is amazing, which I already knew. Sssoul quickly provided me with a link to the name and phone number of the head curator and designer of Exhibitionism, Ilene Gallagher. I soon learned that she’s well known. And sssoul also got me the office telephone number for Rainbow Services… aka Jane Rose’s office. Wow, sssoul!

On Monday morning, the first number I called... a woman’s voice answered, she said “Ilene Gallagher.” I introduced myself and explained this serious problem. She immediately grasped the seriousness of the mistake; and assured me that I had reached the right person at the top. She later emailed me back that the problem was getting fixed in time for Tuesday's opening! For good measure, I also called Rainbow Services and was able to explain the serious problem at hand to someone who said she’d inform Jane Rose personally.

So I trusted that this mistake was fixed quickly. Thanks to yours truly. And with sssoul, of course.

On Tuesday night I stood behind barricades next to the red carpet at the club... There, I recognized Ilene Gallagher going into the show. (I had seen her LinkedIn picture online when I contacted her.) I called out to her and she came over… She shook my hand when I told her that I was the guy who had tipped her off. I was hoping that she’d invite me in on the spot... but I already knew that she couldn’t… I had actually asked her politely the day before if she could reward me with an invitation… but No Tumbling Dice.

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 2024-04-10 01:41 by schillid.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...6768697071727374757677
Current Page: 77 of 77

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1854
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home