Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1213141516171819202122...LastNext
Current Page: 17 of 25
Re: Kansas City MO USA 27-June-2015 Rolling Stones live show updates
Posted by: AJDuffer ()
Date: June 28, 2015 09:04

Milwaukee show was absolutely amazing earlier this week with so much energy at a relatively small place but tonight in KC was musical bliss. I loved the set list with 20 incredible songs. We brought four Stones newbies who are still amazed at their talent and passion. Another awesome show! See you all in Indy.

Posted by: 751st ()
Date: June 28, 2015 09:08

After all is said and done with US dates this year I'd like for BV and others who attended most every show give a honest top 3 shows. I saw Dallas and its in my top 5 all time dating back to 1975 and the best I've seen them since 98.Even with Taylor in his guest spot from 12-14 I don't think the band is playing better than they are now.

Posted by: midimannz ()
Date: June 28, 2015 09:20

751st
After all is said and done with US dates this year I'd like for BV and others who attended most every show give a honest top 3 shows. I saw Dallas and its in my top 5 all time dating back to 1975 and the best I've seen them since 98.Even with Taylor in his guest spot from 12-14 I don't think the band is playing better than they are now.

Rocks Off in Dallas was pretty good

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: Brstonesfan ()
Date: June 28, 2015 09:24

GlimmerGirl24
Lipsgogreen
Cristiano Radtke
Just for the record, here's a pic showing the back seats:

[twitter.com]

It looks full to me. I think the empty seats that posters refer to are two section of unsold seats behind the towers and stacks that are on the infield.
Other than that I see the stadium pretty full to the top.

Am I not seeing it correctly?

Tim

In the college bleacher stadiums they have been selling the corner sections and the stage is further from the 50 yard line with lots of empty space at the back of the field. The bleacher rows average 3/4 full. In the NFL stadiums with seats, the stage is closer to the 50 yard line and the corner sections are empty. Although Pittsburgh sold more of the corner seats than Kansas City.

There's a bit of smoke and mirrors going on to make the stadiums look fuller than they are.

If you're in a NFL stadium and the sound is awful at your assigned seat - move to the corners with the empty rows - the sound should be better there.

Agreed. They do a great job of making it look full...some reports from shows people thought there werr 60-70k people, yet, looking at the actual numbers reported in Billboard, the avg is around 48k..very respectable, but hardly a true sell out. Tonight, I would be surprised if more than 42k. Nonetheless, they put on one of the better shows.

Posted by: SanctifiedMind ()
Date: June 28, 2015 09:25

Keith was a beast! Overall outstanding show. YCAGWYW was a little rough throughout. Waaaaay better performance than '75 at the same venue.

Posted by: Doc ()
Date: June 28, 2015 09:27

Is Kansas City the Fats Domino song ?

Must've been fun to hear !

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: June 28, 2015 09:31

Posted by: sundevil ()
Date: June 28, 2015 09:50

BEST STONES EVER!! this show was great from beginning to end. it rocked, it rolled, it grooved, it was hard, it was loose, it was driving, it was perfect, but most imortantly it was powerful. all things great rock n roll should be.

keith was at his best the whole show. he came with the attitude that mick is NOT going to outwork him tonight. the best thing i can say about this show was that it was in the pocket all night for every song.

hard to point to a highlight but beast of burden was fantastic. think taylor swift level of talent but it did not detract from the song. mick was fantastic on it. street fighting man was beyond great to.

Posted by: GlimmerGirl24 ()
Date: June 28, 2015 10:21

Doc

According to Wiki, just about everyone (including Fats Domino) has recorded Jerry Leiber and Mike Stoller's Kansas City - which they wrote in 1952.

[en.m.wikipedia.org])

The Stones' site says they covered Wilbert Harrisin's 1959 version - which was a #1 hit.

[www.rollingstones.com]

Posted by: GlimmerGirl24 ()
Date: June 28, 2015 10:24

catchinem
I am nervous about the periscope feeds tonight. Need a good fix. Debbie and Mike spoiled me with their exceptional scoping.

It has become a fix, hasn't it? I don't know what I'll do after Quebec.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-28 10:34 by GlimmerGirl24.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: June 28, 2015 10:30

GlimmerGirl24
Doc

According to Wiki, just about everyone (including Fats Domino) has recorded Jerry Leiber and Mike Stoller's Kansas City - which they wrote in 1952.

[en.m.wikipedia.org])

The Stones' site says they covered Wilbert Harrisin's 1959 version - which was a #1 hit.

[www.rollingstones.com]

Here's the video (with many thanks to MizzAmandaJonez for uploading it): [www.youtube.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-28 10:47 by Cristiano Radtke.

Posted by: TeddyB1018 ()
Date: June 28, 2015 10:45

What a setlist!

Posted by: cmc ()
Date: June 28, 2015 10:47

Kansas City has GOT to be the tour best so far. Of the 3 shows I have seen (TCF, Milwaukee, KC), this show is tops. The sound tonight was absolutely incredible. The guitars were out of this world!!! I can't believe how great the sound was tonight. The performance from start to finish was completely energetic. The band looked like they were having fun - the crowd around us took note of this. These guys were on fire!
Funny how going into Milwaukee, I had very high expectations, but was a little disappointed (with the audio), at the finish. And tonight, I did not expect a grand slam home run - but that is exactly what the Stones delivered.
iorr members that helped make KC a memory to last a lifetime include: austrianstones (Robert and Claudia), stonesfrkk, vintagestones. Thank you all.
Hard to beat this show!!!

Posted by: little queenie ()
Date: June 28, 2015 11:00

Just got back from this amazing show! Here's BOB followed by Kansas City:
[www.youtube.com]

Someone asked about top 3, so far of the 7 I've seen on this tour: Nashville, Milwaukee, and Kansas City (I didn't see Atlanta)....I did see Texas and agree it was a superhigh energy show.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: June 28, 2015 11:10

Naturalust
gotdablouse
Naturalust
Have a blast everyone! Be thankful you aren't in the middle of the heatwave we are getting in the Pacific Northwest, over 100 deg the next couple days in many places which are usually 25 deg F cooler this time of year! Brutal.

What, even on the coast between SC and HMB ? That's normally a good place to always get some cool air! That's one place I miss...

Anyway,any scopes going up tonight?

Good memory gotablouse, pretty sure that part of the coast is wonderfully cool today from the inland thermals pulling a nice ocean breeze onshore. But this week I'm in central Idaho at a little resort community called McCall, beautiful lakes, rivers and mountains. Spend the day kayaking on a cold mountain river and thank goodness because it's like 100 degrees here! Really unusual for this place.

Looks like KC will be fairly pleasant today at showtime. 76 deg and only 39% humidity! Glad for all the concert goers today. Perfect.

Hope the periscope feed sound works with my Chrome browser tonight too. Not sure what the deal was last time but I couldn't even get it with Firefox.

Oh that must be nice too, but yes Pacific NW didn't sound quite right for that little spot of beauty on the coast, can't wait to get back there, hopefully next summer...

Hope the scopes worked for you, must admit I didn't get up at 4.30 this time around, but the videos look great!

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-28 11:11 by gotdablouse.

Date: June 28, 2015 11:21

little queenie
Just got back from this amazing show! Here's BOB followed by Kansas City:
[www.youtube.com]

Someone asked about top 3, so far of the 7 I've seen on this tour: Nashville, Milwaukee, and Kansas City (I didn't see Atlanta)....I did see Texas and agree it was a superhigh energy show.

Lovely! thumbs up

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: June 28, 2015 11:30

Sounds like another great show! Thanks to all those posting videos.

Posted by: The Worst. ()
Date: June 28, 2015 11:38

Wow, they actually did Kansas City as I speculated they would!
The very first song they ever played live, right?

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: June 28, 2015 11:50

sounds like a boot to have, i might even tolerate sheeran cool smiley

Date: June 28, 2015 11:53

BOB and KC : [www.youtube.com]

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: June 28, 2015 11:54

Street Fighting Man

video: [www.youtube.com]

Date: June 28, 2015 11:55

WH : [www.youtube.com]

--------------

Posted by: tauk ()
Date: June 28, 2015 12:02

OMG that Kansas City (Here I come) video was SUPERB! This was the concert I started to go to but then had to sell my ticket so I could afford SD. Looks like it was great!

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: June 28, 2015 12:07

ROCKMAN

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-28 12:46 by Rockman.

Posted by: HankM ()
Date: June 28, 2015 12:31

Seems like a great show

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-07-24 20:08 by HankM.

Date: June 28, 2015 12:36

GlimmerGirl24
catchinem
I am nervous about the periscope feeds tonight. Need a good fix. Debbie and Mike spoiled me with their exceptional scoping.

The rest of us either, my friend, when we stop to think about it, if we're honest

I had six moths withdrawals after Auckland .... what next ?

Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: June 28, 2015 12:41

midimannz
GlimmerGirl24
catchinem

The rest of us either, my friend, when we stop to think about it, if we're honest

you should have tried the spell from 1981-89. now that was tough.

Date: June 28, 2015 12:51

Turner68
midimannz
GlimmerGirl24
catchinem

you should have tried the spell from 1981-89. now that was tough.

I personally had 1973 until Jagger 1998 so I get it , years in the wilderness

Posted by: MarthaTuesday ()
Date: June 28, 2015 13:16

Been skimming through the thread and sounds like it was really good show last night.

And... this is is so great.... I wasn't up at 3.30am but I'm able to listen right now to periscope replays! Listening to RS's scope - thank you so much, RS (and other scopers). smileys with beer

Date: June 28, 2015 13:22

MarthaTuesday
Been skimming through the thread and sounds like it was really good show last night.

And... this is is so great.... I wasn't up at 3.30am but I'm able to listen right now to periscope replays! Listening to RS's scope - thank you so much, RS (and other scopers). smileys with beer

How do you replay?

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1213141516171819202122...LastNext
Current Page: 17 of 25

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2246
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home