Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1314151617181920212223...LastNext
Current Page: 18 of 25
Re: Kansas City MO USA 27-June-2015 Rolling Stones live show updates
Posted by: MarthaTuesday ()
Date: June 28, 2015 13:33

midimannz
MarthaTuesday
Been skimming through the thread and sounds like it was really good show last night.

And... this is is so great.... I wasn't up at 3.30am but I'm able to listen right now to periscope replays! Listening to RS's scope - thank you so much, RS (and other scopers). smileys with beer

How do you replay?

I don't know if this is how it works for everyone, i.e. those using phones, etc (I'm behind the times with technology) but I just clicked the link (found on IORR) and when it opens for the first few seconds it says "replay not available" but then a play arrow appears and it just started playing automatically.

I'm using Windows 7 and Firefox on a laptop.

Hope that helps or perhaps someone with better knowledge than me explains better! smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-28 13:40 by MarthaTuesday.

Posted by: Dreamer ()
Date: June 28, 2015 13:38

midimannz
MarthaTuesday
Been skimming through the thread and sounds like it was really good show last night.

And... this is is so great.... I wasn't up at 3.30am but I'm able to listen right now to periscope replays! Listening to RS's scope - thank you so much, RS (and other scopers). smileys with beer

How do you replay?

I'm using my macbook with firefox and I just clicked on the link... the I see the screen in which I simply click the start sign you know the > thing in a circle... like on youtube or on any device...

[www.iorr.org]

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: June 28, 2015 14:23

I think you need to "follow" the 'scoper to see their feeds after the fact.
I believe they remain available for 24 hours.

And what a feed it is! They sound freakin fantastic
Thank you RS, and thank you Rolling Stones!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-28 14:53 by with sssoul.

Posted by: taz22 ()
Date: June 28, 2015 14:56

Glad to see them back up to 20 songs in the setlist and doing a special song for the city!

Can only hope they keep it at 20 songs and play Rip This Joint in Buffalo!

Date: June 28, 2015 14:58

LoFL - what did the Mick do in HTW when he was down at the end of the catwalk?
It looks like he took someone's phone and took a crowd shot followed by a selfie,
but I'm not sure I believe what I seem to be seeing :E

The Glimmers were both in great voice, weren't they - as were all the guitars
I love the Rolling Stones

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-28 15:06 by with sssoul.

Posted by: catchinem ()
Date: June 28, 2015 15:06

midimannz
Turner68
midimannz
GlimmerGirl24
catchinem
I am nervous about the periscope feeds tonight. Need a good fix. Debbie and Mike spoiled me with their exceptional scoping.

It has become a fix, hasn't it? I don't know what I'll do after Quebec.

The rest of us either, my friend, when we stop to think about it, if we're honest

I had six moths withdrawals after Auckland .... what next ?

you should have tried the spell from 1981-89. now that was tough.

I personally had 1973 until Jagger 1998 so I get it , years in the wilderness

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-28 15:07 by catchinem.

Posted by: catchinem ()
Date: June 28, 2015 15:08

catchinem
midimannz
Turner68
midimannz
GlimmerGirl24
catchinem
I am nervous about the periscope feeds tonight. Need a good fix. Debbie and Mike spoiled me with their exceptional scoping.

The rest of us either, my friend, when we stop to think about it, if we're honest

With the kindness of 5 or 6 different scopers I was able to see about 98% of the show. It was great! I got what I needed. Thank you all!

Date: June 28, 2015 15:18

SFM was unreal! Wow, what an energy! thumbs up

Posted by: roller99 ()
Date: June 28, 2015 15:41

cmc
Kansas City has GOT to be the tour best so far. Of the 3 shows I have seen (TCF, Milwaukee, KC), this show is tops. The sound tonight was absolutely incredible. The guitars were out of this world!!! I can't believe how great the sound was tonight. The performance from start to finish was completely energetic. The band looked like they were having fun - the crowd around us took note of this. These guys were on fire!
Funny how going into Milwaukee, I had very high expectations, but was a little disappointed (with the audio), at the finish. And tonight, I did not expect a grand slam home run - but that is exactly what the Stones delivered.
iorr members that helped make KC a memory to last a lifetime include: austrianstones (Robert and Claudia), stonesfrkk, vintagestones. Thank you all.
Hard to beat this show!!!
thumbs up

Date: June 28, 2015 15:47

DandelionPowderman

Yeah!
There's so much fun in being a sarcastic bastard or a cynical no good in a literary way like in a polemic with a fanatic Taylorologist but since I like both polarities I took the occasion this morning that RS was offering us: I needed that energy and dynamics and stuff! So I was having a party here home alone just me with my cat and a cup of coffee watching and listening to this periscope recording thing. Stunning! That MR was absolutely great and for about twenty or so seconds even better... ...well you know what I was gonna say.
This was a very nice show!
They were having fun and they were having it together. That's promising for the future!

Date: June 28, 2015 16:00

Dreamer
DandelionPowderman

Yeah!
There's so much fun in being a sarcastic bastard or a cynical no good in a literary way like in a polemic with a fanatic Taylorologist but since I like both polarities I took the occasion this morning that RS was offering us: I needed that energy and dynamics and stuff! So I was having a party here home alone just me with my cat and a cup of coffee watching and listening to this periscope recording thing. Stunning! That MR was absolutely great and for about twenty or so seconds even better... ...well you know what I was gonna say.
This was a very nice show!
They were having fun and they were having it together. That's promising for the future!

Don't take this to the ... thread winking smiley

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: June 28, 2015 16:02

with sssoul
I think you need to "follow" the 'scoper to see their feeds after the fact.
I believe they remain available for 24 hours.

And what a feed it is! They sound freakin fantastic
Thank you RS, and thank you Rolling Stones!

Yes, that's it with sssoul. I've learned a lot about twitter and all, these past few weeks.

Thanks all for the reviews, pics, vids, and feeds. I conked out before it was all over last night. Seems that it was a great show - they just keep getting better on this tour, which makes me believe that they can't, won't stop now.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: June 28, 2015 16:04

This sounds like a show for the ages! Haven't had a chance to hear any of it yet, but--
KC!!! BoB and SFM, oh, yeah.

On the sound, yeah, cmc, I completely understand what you are saying about Milwaukee, and agree, although
a good time was had by all at the fine show in the smaller venue, and in the great town. smiling smiley

RS, periscoping? Happy you got another great RS experience.
Wow, thanks so much, until next time! cool smiley

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: June 28, 2015 16:26

with sssoul
It looks like he took someone's phone and took a crowd shot followed by a selfie,

Somebody tweeted "Mick just took someone’s phone and filmed Honky Tonk Women from the stage for them!" and the RS repeated it on the official Live Updates thread, so I suppose it must be true.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: June 28, 2015 16:27

catchinem
midimannz
Turner68
midimannz
GlimmerGirl24
catchinem

2007-2012 was pretty rough, too: many people saying confidently that they'd never play again.

Posted by: vibrolux ()
Date: June 28, 2015 16:33

Green Lady
with sssoul

Somebody tweeted "Mick just took someone’s phone and filmed Honky Tonk Women from the stage for them!" and the RS repeated it on the official Live Updates thread, so I suppose it must be true.

It happened. He tossed the phone back in the area of that person. I hope they got their phone back!

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: June 28, 2015 16:33

Loving life. Had a show of my own last night and missed the Stones KC. Woke up early. Reading through the thread. Enjoying the posts and reviews. Now I've just clicked the link that Dreamer provided of RS' link and I'M LISTENING TO A REPLAY OF LAST NIGHT'S SHOW! My morning just got even better! Thank y'all SO much! Time for coffee!

Peace,
Mr DJA

Date: June 28, 2015 16:57

vibrolux
Green Lady

It happened. He tossed the phone back in the area of that person. I hope they got their phone back!

Thanks for confirming, both of you - that's pretty amazing!
It was the very cavalier way he tossed the phone back that made me wonder if I was seeing right

Is that what he was up to during Heartbreaker in Milwaukee too? [www.iorr.org]
It didn't look like it worked out there - people, be on your toes!
When the Mick wants your phone hand it over, but best keep it on a leash! eye popping smiley

I love the Rolling Stones - and I mean exactly the Rolling Stones :E

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-28 17:06 by with sssoul.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: June 28, 2015 17:00

mr_dja
Loving life. Had a show of my own last night and missed the Stones KC. Woke up early. Reading through the thread. Enjoying the posts and reviews. Now I've just clicked the link that Dreamer provided of RS' link and I'M LISTENING TO A REPLAY OF LAST NIGHT'S SHOW! My morning just got even better! Thank y'all SO much! Time for coffee!

Thanks, mr_dja, for Dreamer's link of RS' link and to both of them too.
I can hear the show now!

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: Douglas ()
Date: June 28, 2015 17:08

I'm absolutely blown away by RS' periscope feed. Listening to it while doing my work (data entry -- it's a bitch) here and it's fantastic.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-28 17:12 by Douglas.

Date: June 28, 2015 17:10

mr_dja

Hey mr_dja it's nice to read you had the same kinda morning I had!
Just because this 11 year old broadcast kid is doing us a favor: the fan of the month award goes to....Mackenzie aka RS!

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: June 28, 2015 17:15

Wow. Indeed another great show by the Stones. I'm delighted the sound was so good in that large stadium and they just rocked that KC crowd. Thanks to all for the periscope feeds and the pictures and videos. Truly amazing that we can enjoy the band on tour in this way.

They just seem to be getting better and better as the tour progresses. Once again I have to give a well deserved nod to Ronnie who had just been so solid and great that he has become the MVP of the Zip Code Tour for me. So glad to see this man performing so well and holding it all together. I definitely have some new found respect and appreciation for what he does.

Date: June 28, 2015 17:18

And did anyone notice how MJ introduced CW?
'On drums...Charlie "Chippendale" Watts.'

Posted by: mnewman505 ()
Date: June 28, 2015 17:23

It's hard for me to admit this on here but so far Atlanta & Kansas City were the best shows of the tour in my opinion and neither of these shows were one of the 3 I was able to attend. I wanted Milwaukee to be "the" show and although the Buddy Guy guest spot was one of the highlights of the entire tour, the level of the band's performance was not up to what i'm seeing in videos from last night.

A tough pill to swallow, cheers to all who were there last night! Kicking myself for not grabbing the abundant lucky dips and making it to this concert. it seems that due to sluggish sales the Kansas City LD's really paid off like they did in Columbus.

Edited 6 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-28 17:56 by mnewman505.

Posted by: mistermorphine ()
Date: June 28, 2015 17:30

While he took the cell from a fan he did not record the whole song, took a couple of selfies and handed it back!
Great show with a super crowd

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: June 28, 2015 17:32

Killer shot..

pic.twitter.com/qOyMq5Zg0v

Posted by: mistermorphine ()
Date: June 28, 2015 17:37

Talking to security, local police, vendors, and several Cheifs employees (after the show waiting for the parking lot to clear a bit) they all had the number between 70K and 72K. No smoke and mirrors! Sitting row 9 the only empty spots were the areas behind the towers in the corners and by the time the show was up and running there we folks dancing in those sections as well!
Great show

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-28 17:39 by mistermorphine.

Date: June 28, 2015 17:38

MisterDDDD
Killer shot..

pic.twitter.com/qOyMq5Zg0v

It is indeed - who took it, please and thank you kindly?

Posted by: mnewman505 ()
Date: June 28, 2015 17:38

hahaha on Beast...Keith just launching into the song as Mick is casually sipping water and about to say something into the mic!

Posted by: plqmule ()
Date: June 28, 2015 17:42

Great job. thumbs up

Watch:
Kansas City

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1314151617181920212223...LastNext
Current Page: 18 of 25

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2166
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home