Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

IORR in Top Zip Code Form - something happened!
Posted by: caschimann ()
Date: June 24, 2015 14:58

By two thirds of the tour I can proudly say: My Site is on as the band is on this tour.
Never had such good, vivid, awake and good vibe on the live comments like on this
tour.
Something happened.
The whining changed to making good crititical points.
And Periscope (Debbie &co) changed a LOT!
Feeling a lot more part of that what is going on 10.000miles away on the Stones stage gives a good common IORR-Feeling gig by gig.

Detroit we come!

Re: IORR in Top Zip Code Form - something happened!
Posted by: Lipsgogreen ()
Date: June 24, 2015 15:18

It has to be the people that ONLY listen to the STONES. We are always positive.
Any Stones music, any era, any lineup any venue, anytime.

Lets give it a whirl (MJ Stones in Exile 2010).

Thanks.

Tim

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: June 24, 2015 15:29

It's just that most of the (still ongoing) negativity is now concentrated in the "Mick Taylor: what's on youtr mind right now" thread. smoking smiley

Best move BV has ever done!! >grinning smiley<

Date: June 24, 2015 15:32

RoughJusticeOnYa
It's just that most of the (still ongoing) negativity is now concentrated in the "Mick Taylor: what's on youtr mind right now" thread. smoking smiley

Best move BV has ever done!! >grinning smiley<

That thread has dried out, too.

Maybe people finally acknowledged that there were no crisis, no catastrophe and that this tour is extremely successful, with a band firing on all cylinders?

Posted by: Lipsgogreen ()
Date: June 24, 2015 15:45

Really DP? I have not looked at the MT thread in a long time. I am always neutral. I love MT and RW. I cant stand the negativity.
I agree they are really on fire. Keith's guitar is soooo loud and rude.
Especially his power chords on his 5-Sting tele.

JJF (The green panty show Orlando 2015). It really hit you in the chest hard.

Thanks.

Tim

Posted by: Stonesfan2146 ()
Date: June 24, 2015 15:52

I also noticed a nice mood on this site. They've already thrown out more rarities as of now as for the whole 2014 tour, to name a few Heartbreaker, Crazy Mama, the Sticky Fingers songs and so on. That seems to satisfy most of the setlist whiners. The band is also in great shape.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: June 24, 2015 15:56

I feel a lot has to do with the periscoping letting so many of us experience the shows
in "it's here and then it's gone" mode, as they're meant to be experienced.

Posted by: GJB ()
Date: June 24, 2015 16:03

I think periscope has helped a lot because people can watch the show and so can see that the band are on form!

I think some people find it easy to criticise the setlist when all they see is the songs on paper at the end of the gig - they can say "oh its the same songs again and again".

But with periscope, when you actually see the songs live - see Keith hit the riffs hard, notice Mick doing something different within the song, see Charlie smile on the big screen - it changes their perspective it makes it all more real.

I have enjoyed the last couple of weeks more on the site... a slightly more positive outlook seems to be around at the min(!)

Date: June 24, 2015 16:07

GJB
I think periscope has helped a lot because people can watch the show and so can see that the band are on form!

I think some people find it easy to criticise the setlist when all they see is the songs on paper at the end of the gig - they can say "oh its the same songs again and again".

But with periscope, when you actually see the songs live - see Keith hit the riffs hard, notice Mick doing something different within the song, see Charlie smile on the big screen - it changes their perspective it makes it all more real.

I have enjoyed the last couple of weeks more on the site... a slightly more positive outlook seems to be around at the min(!)

Yep, that's it.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: June 24, 2015 21:00

I'll say what I usually say - setlists are boring: shows are not. At any show, at least some of the oh-no-not-you-again warhorses will get a scorching performance and having something Stones-y to listen to and watch instead of just a list on paper works wonders for most people's mood.

Posted by: JTHanis ()
Date: June 24, 2015 21:24

Green Lady
I'll say what I usually say - setlists are boring: shows are not. At any show, at least some of the oh-no-not-you-again warhorses will get a scorching performance and having something Stones-y to listen to and watch instead of just a list on paper works wonders for most people's mood.

I agree. In Pittsburgh I enjoyed Tumbling Dice for the first time since Licks. Conversely, I continue to hate Symathy; it does nothing for me live.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1955
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home