Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Keith interrupting Mick
Posted by: bv ()
Date: June 22, 2015 19:31

There have been some comments about Keith interrupting Mick on stage in Pittsburgh, staring Satisfaction before Mick had the time to present the choir.

First of all, Keith does that often, especially at the end of the shows. There should be no breaks before Brown Sugar and before Satisfaction. For those two songs Keith is so pumped like Usain Bolt seconds before the start of a race. Then he simply attach his guitar and the show is in the final stage. Not much time for smalltalk.

Some times Mick forget to present Chuck Leavell, it is a glitch, it may happen, not on purpose. It is too late when Charlie or Ronnie tell him... Some times Keith start Satisfaction or Brown sugar while Mick is talking, it is the same, the show must go on. It's only rock'n'roll but we like it.

Bjornulf

Re: Keith interrupting Mick
Posted by: RS ()
Date: June 22, 2015 19:34

Haha, I loved how at the very end when they are bowing, Mick and Keith are at opposite ends...

-RS

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: June 22, 2015 20:03

bv
First of all, Keith does that often, especially at the end of the shows.

Exactly! It's not that nice if it prevents acknowledgement of the choir but it's not a rare occurrence.
It's also quite frequent that the Glimmers are at opposite ends of the final-bow line-up.
It doesn't seem to reflect anything much. We might as well analyze where Ronnie and Charlie go.

Posted by: nellcote'71 ()
Date: June 22, 2015 21:05

with sssoul
bv
First of all, Keith does that often, especially at the end of the shows.

Exactly! It's not that nice if it prevents acknowledgement of the choir but it's not a rare occurrence.
It's also quite frequent that the Glimmers are at opposite ends of the final-bow line-up.
It doesn't seem to reflect anything much. We might as well analyze where Ronnie and Charlie go.

Hey, WHATEVER Keith does is ok with you, right?

Posted by: mnewman505 ()
Date: June 22, 2015 21:22

I thought it was hilarious, especially Mick's miffed eye roll look.

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: June 22, 2015 21:23

Ever the apologist.

Gotta run interference and provide cover for everything, eh?

Posted by: keefmick ()
Date: June 22, 2015 22:13

Actually, Keith has been starting songs before Mick is "ready" many times during the course of a show for numerous tours now. I think it is actually some sort of game they play because if I can notice it, going to maybe 5 shows per tour, certainly Mick knows what's going on as well, and generally doesn't look very surprised about it. I just think it keeps them from getting bored.

Posted by: NoCode0680 ()
Date: June 22, 2015 22:29

Shut up Brenda it's time to rock!

Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: June 22, 2015 22:32

keith does get pumped up and on a roll like that. i dont think its malicious or planned to upset Mick. its a typical thing with British bands they are not so into talking to the audience so much, as say our American counter parts. its like on with the show, our music does the talking lol. by the way did anyone ever find out why kieth seemed to mess up the intro to start me up 2 times in a row at hide park.

Posted by: 3DTeafoe ()
Date: June 22, 2015 22:58

Mick forgot to introduce Charlie at a gig in the United Center in 2003. Keith was not happy. "This is my show now", he proclaimed, after his introduction.
I could see the Glimmers bickering at each, here and there, for the remainder of the show.

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: June 22, 2015 23:13

It's like watching an old married couple go at it..I'm not entirely sure I accept the explanation that Keith is on over-drive....I am inclined to think he does it deliberately...to keep HIMSELF from getting bored & falling asleep...and to piss off Mick...for the fun of it. Apparently, it worked in Pittsburgh.

Posted by: ouroux58 ()
Date: June 22, 2015 23:18

Keith doesn't care if the others are ready or not. In 1975, while Keith was tuning his guitar the rest of the band began a jam around jumping jack flash. When Keith was ready, he didn't alert the others and start the intro. It's only my feeling but perhaps I'm wrong!

Date: June 23, 2015 02:21

Keith might start the wrong song. Unless Ronnie is quick at reminding Keith about the set list, the band will have to follow Keith in whatever song he choose to start. MSG #1 1998 (Little Red Rooster B-stage), Brisbane 2003 (If You Can't Rock Me) etc. It happens. Not the end of the world. it makes the video people busy but they are professional. And this is a live show. Not a DVD...

Bjornulf

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: June 23, 2015 02:35

NoCode0680
Shut up Brenda it's time to rock!

cheers

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: June 23, 2015 02:36

Imagine standing there and need to piss. That's all this is, a man in a hurry to finish and pee.

Posted by: Olly ()
Date: June 23, 2015 02:48

DoomandGloom
Imagine standing there and need to piss. That's all this is, a man in a hurry to finish and pee.

Does he get a chance during the show?

During the intros?

During that start of Sympathy that we all love so much? thumbs up

Olly.

Date: June 23, 2015 03:25

DoomandGloom

Yes. It happens.

Bjornulf

Posted by: roryg ()
Date: June 23, 2015 04:23

3DTeafoe
Mick forgot to introduce Charlie at a gig in the United Center in 2003. Keith was not happy. "This is my show now", he proclaimed, after his introduction.
I could see the Glimmers bickering at each, here and there, for the remainder of the show.
Keith actually laughed about and double flipped off Charlie as a joke.

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: June 23, 2015 05:11

Keith starts Satisfaction early on the MSG show on four flicks, maybe he wanted to re live a fond memory.

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: June 24, 2015 07:11

bv
DoomandGloom

Yes. It happens.
So is there an hidden toilet somewhere behind the amps?

Posted by: Natlanta ()
Date: June 24, 2015 14:29

i thought one of the amps was actually a toilet.

Posted by: ouroux58 ()
Date: June 24, 2015 17:37

They have a pee combinaison like in the "DUNE" movie and then used to fill in fake jack daniel's bottles placed on the amps. >grinning smiley<

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: June 24, 2015 17:50

Who knows what the reason was unless someone has talked to Keith about it. I suspect it was just a mistake and Keith just pumped up and in GO mode like bv suggests.

What made it more of an issue was how it obviously upset Mick, seemed to throw him off on his performance of Satisfaction and he still seemed upset after the show for the bow, etc. For anything to cause such a visible rift the amazingly cool and professional MJ performance is bound to be noticed and talked about. Yes Keith has done this before but rarely have we ever seen Mick lose his cool, or at least I haven't.

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: June 24, 2015 17:56

was he really that upset? they were probably laughing about it later..

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: June 24, 2015 18:04

I thought it had been pointed out that the Mick was clearly having problems with his in-ear monitor
and that that's what would account for anything off about the performance.
He's far too professional to let a bit of miffedness interfere with an encore, n'est-ce pas?

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: June 24, 2015 18:08

duke richardson
was he really that upset? they were probably laughing about it later..
Agree.
Clearly, it surprised and threw him(as it would)... other speculation about how mad he was etc. just people trying to fit him into their (negative) view of him.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: June 24, 2015 18:29

I was there and Mick was certainly surpirsed, but I'm sure he forgot about it quickly. Small potatoes only.

Posted by: CloudCat ()
Date: June 24, 2015 18:44

with sssoul
I thought it had been pointed out that the Mick was clearly having problems with his in-ear monitor

he was absolutely having problems with the ear piece

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: June 24, 2015 18:47

CloudCat
with sssoul

he was absolutely having problems with the ear piece

Yes, he fiddled with it a lot.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: June 24, 2015 18:59

DoomandGloom

Then they should do like the guy from Machine Head!
[www.metalinsider.net]

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2074
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home