Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1718192021222324252627Next
Current Page: 26 of 27
Re: Milwaukee WI USA 23-June-2015 Rolling Stones live show updates
Posted by: mnewman505 ()
Date: June 26, 2015 23:09

Stones50
mnewman505
JadedFaded
I thought they rushed thru Heartbreaker and Mick looked miserable all thru it. For me, it was the least well-performed song of the evening. I was a bit disappointed by it. It's great that others enjoyed it, but I would bet they don't play it again this tour.
How anyone could think that they botched Heartbreaker more than HTW is beyond me, HTW was a complete train wreck and any other band would have stopped and restarted the song.

SO what. That's what makes them great. What do you want, Steely Dan??!
Who is complaining? I loved the show, absolutely loved it, probably my favorite show i've ever seen by them since Aragon Ballroom.

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: June 26, 2015 23:14

heartbreaker was not special, not as good as they did rocks off some gigs ago. heartbreaker needs a slow pace,
moonlight mile also, though very good, should be slowed down
take it easy mick winking smiley

on the other side: cant you hear me knocking was brilliant, expecially ronnie

love this band, they're so great

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-26 23:21 by maumau.

Posted by: midimannz ()
Date: June 26, 2015 23:54

DREAMTIME
sweet neo con
DREAMTIME
MY MILWAUKEE VIDEOS ARE POSTED!
www.Dreamtime.tv

excellent videos. thank you. if i remember correctly...you bought a new camera and brought a monopod into the venue (pretending it was a walking cane). right? and there are many times in your videos when "security" seemed to be looking right at you. not sure what your video cam looks like or if you kept the monopod hidden but...did you ever feel at risk of getting hassled or kicked out? just curious.

It seemed like that none of the security knew what to make of it. It was a regular point and shoot camera sized camera. I had the monopod extended to near 6 feet sometimes and even lifted it up when Mick's shoes were blocked by cell phone users. Mick's bodyguard was along the catwalk on my side but he knows me well and didn't say anything except hello. I figured at worst I would be told to stop and when I wasn't shooting I let the pod rest against me or collapse it while I danced. I did a couple of periscopes but once again only 12 people watched so no more of that. Next Up - Indy!!

Thanks for sharing your beautiful videos. I am certainly looking forward to seeing more from you

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: June 27, 2015 00:02

Great videos Dreamtime, probably the best quality I've ever seen on YT apar from Proshots. What camera do you use? Not sure what your handle is on Twitter but many of us were juggling with periscope feeds from across the world and if yours was posted here we certainly tuned in!

waterrats
jimpietryga1

Nice shot!!

Anybody knows what kind of guitar that is?
Reminds me of Zemaitis - could that be?

Details were posted here : [www.iorr.org]

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: latvianinexile ()
Date: June 27, 2015 00:21

Was not so happy with my seat but here are some of my pics:

Milwaukee is famous for beer and breweries, for Harley Davidson and one or two other things. The RS T-shirt and poster designing department thought the Sky Glider theme was more appropriate. Oh, well. The thing wasn't even running.

Venue and location by the lake were attractive. This sailing boat had its 15 minutes.

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: June 27, 2015 00:29

DREAMTIME
sweet neo con
DREAMTIME
www.Dreamtime.tv

excellent videos. thank you. if i remember correctly...you bought a new camera and brought a monopod into the venue (pretending it was a walking cane). right? and there are many times in your videos when "security" seemed to be looking right at you. not sure what your video cam looks like or if you kept the monopod hidden but...did you ever feel at risk of getting hassled or kicked out? just curious.

It seemed like that none of the security knew what to make of it. It was a regular point and shoot camera sized camera. I had the monopod extended to near 6 feet sometimes and even lifted it up when Mick's shoes were blocked by cell phone users. Mick's bodyguard was along the catwalk on my side but he knows me well and didn't say anything except hello. I figured at worst I would be told to stop and when I wasn't shooting I let the pod rest against me or collapse it while I danced. I did a couple of periscopes but once again only 12 people watched so no more of that. Next Up - Indy!!

Scope RF at Indy so I know when to get out of the car.

Posted by: waterrats ()
Date: June 27, 2015 00:30

gotdablouse
waterrats
jimpietryga1

Details were posted here : [www.iorr.org]

Thank you kindly, gotdablouse!

That should be the Deluxe SteeltopCaster, Mick plays here, right? Nice! I remember how puzzled I was when I saw him play "Back Of My Hand" with another custom guitar (DANELECTRO) ... I envy him a little bit, to be honest, for being able to play around with those exquisite crafts ... would love to hold them and play them myself, hehehe ...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-27 00:32 by waterrats.

Posted by: sweet neo con ()
Date: June 27, 2015 02:12

latvianinexile

Milwaukee is famous for beer and breweries, for Harley Davidson and one or two other things. The RS T-shirt and poster designing department thought the Sky Glider theme was more appropriate. Oh, well. The thing wasn't even running.

Venue and location by the lake were attractive. This sailing boat had its 15 minutes.

Not happy with your seats? were you too close? smiling smiley
True, Milwaukee is famous for Beer, Harleys and other things...but we are also famous for Summerfest and it was a huge deal for Summerfest to host the Rolling Stones...so it seemed appropriate to have something specific to Summerfest in the poster. And the thing wasn't running because...Summerfest didn't officially open until the 24th and the RS was a special last minute thing. They only opened the south end of the festival grounds (for merch vendors, food vendors and 2 stages of preshow entertainment). The skyglider runs the entire length of the park with the purpose of dropping you off at the opposite end (not roundtrip). Running the skyglider that night would have been pointless.

IORR............but I like it!

Posted by: GlimmerGirl24 ()
Date: June 27, 2015 02:42

sweet neo con
latvianinexile

True, Milwaukee is famous for Beer, Harleys and other things...but we are also famous for Summerfest and it was a huge deal for Summerfest to host the Rolling Stones...so it seemed appropriate to have something specific to Summerfest in the poster. And the thing wasn't running because...Summerfest didn't officially open until the 24th and the RS was a special last minute thing. They only opened the south end of the festival grounds (for merch vendors, food vendors and 2 stages of preshow entertainment). The skyglider runs the entire length of the park with the purpose of dropping you off at the opposite end (not roundtrip). Running the skyglider that night would have been pointless.

Summerfest wasn't a last minute thing. AEG contacted Summerfest late last year about playing at Summerfest. The Stones needed three days for the load in and the 24th was already scheduled - so the 23rd was chosen.

The city of Milwaukee was wonderful, the people great, the Stones incredible (even with all the nitpicking) and my only complaint would be the horrid design for ingress/egress at the Marcus Amphitheater and the lack of adequate concessions and rest rooms for the capacity.

Posted by: DREAMTIME ()
Date: June 27, 2015 02:48

[youtu.be]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-27 02:49 by DREAMTIME.

Date: June 27, 2015 02:54

Date: June 27, 2015 03:00

GlimmerGirl24
sweet neo con
latvianinexile

Summerfest wasn't a last minute thing. AEG contacted Summerfest late last year about playing at Summerfest. The Stones needed three days for the load in and the 24th was already scheduled - so the 23rd was chosen.

The city of Milwaukee was wonderful, the people great, the Stones incredible (even with all the nitpicking) and my only complaint would be the horrid design for ingress/egress at the Marcus Amphitheater and the lack of adequate concessions and rest rooms for the capacity.

okay.but that doesnt change my point that opening the entire park and running the skyglider would've been pointless. they may have been in talks for 6-8 months (late 2014) but if i am to believe the local press, the delay in the announcement was the difficulty of nailing down dates (if not just milw...other cities too). And this special early start of Summerfest was unprecedented. it was last minute in the sense that it would have been unrealistic to open the entire park/festival early, book all the bands, vendors, etc... and run the skygliders. And I agree about the egress. winking smiley

Posted by: Barbs ()
Date: June 27, 2015 03:43

Dreamtime, Thanks for posting your videos. I would have been watching your periscope feed but I was there with my daughter, lucky us. We drove in from Minneapolis. Even though I had to sit in the bleachers I thought the venue was awesome! It was the closest I've ever been to the Stones and I had the best time! We had nose bleeds at the Mpls show but it was still a great time smiling smiley I thought it was the best show ever, by the best band on earth, that I've ever seen.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-27 04:13 by Barbs.

Posted by: JadedFaded ()
Date: June 27, 2015 05:40

mnewman505
JadedFaded
I thought they rushed thru Heartbreaker and Mick looked miserable all thru it. For me, it was the least well-performed song of the evening. I was a bit disappointed by it. It's great that others enjoyed it, but I would bet they don't play it again this tour.
How anyone could think that they botched Heartbreaker more than HTW is beyond me, HTW was a complete train wreck and any other band would have stopped and restarted the song.

Heartbreaker felt forced and rushed to me and Mick looked like he couldn't wait for it to be over. That was how it came across to me. I do think it is not an easy song to perform live. Yes, they messed up the intro to HTW big time, but I got a kick out of watching them recover. I thought the rest of the song was fine and they looked like they enjoyed playing it. Just my POV.

Posted by: JadedFaded ()
Date: June 27, 2015 05:50

Forgot to add that I thought Mick's vocals on HTW were better than in 2013.

Posted by: mighty stork ()
Date: June 27, 2015 06:15

latvianinexile

Great pictures, thanks for sharing. My biggest disappointment was the fact that I didn't get to meet more IORR members here in my hometown.

Posted by: mighty stork ()
Date: June 27, 2015 06:25

Not sure if anyone has posted audio (besides video) of the show yet or not so here you go:

[ia801502.us.archive.org]

Almost the complete show.

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: June 27, 2015 07:09

Thanks Latvianinexile, those photos are stunning beautiful!
Thanks Dreamtime for the videos, they really roll!
smileys with beer

I can't stand anymore the modern SFTD, but, in that frame, they did it really good in Milwaukee

CYHMK is just perfect, just perfect

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-27 07:18 by maumau.

Date: June 27, 2015 07:27

midimannz
DREAMTIME
sweet neo con
DREAMTIME
www.Dreamtime.tv

Thanks for sharing your beautiful videos. I am certainly looking forward to seeing more from you

I would like to add that unlike the rest of the world, the security here didn't have any control issues, just nice folks that want to make a few bucks and have an enjoyable evening without incident. One of the catwalk security guys asked me for reefer but never saw me smoke every 4 songs. He thought the LifeSavers candy I was sucking on were edibles!!

DOES ANYBODY KNOW A TRICK OR SOFTWARE TO RETRIEVE IMAGES ON A POSSIBLY CORRUPTED MICRO SD CARD?

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: June 27, 2015 10:07

Great reports, pictures and videos. Thanks guys and dolls

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: terry ()
Date: June 27, 2015 13:50

I like to thank all the people that attend these shows, but yet have time to record songs for us to enjoy. And give us a flavour of the the event as it unfolds.Me being miles away in uk Windsor, get a real feel of the concerts.some of the vids are great to watch.ive just watched dreamtime films and they are so good.

Posted by: curt ()
Date: June 27, 2015 15:24

DREAMTIME
midimannz
DREAMTIME
sweet neo con
DREAMTIME
www.Dreamtime.tv

DOES ANYBODY KNOW A TRICK OR SOFTWARE TO RETRIEVE IMAGES ON A POSSIBLY CORRUPTED MICRO SD CARD?

You might want to try something called Recuva. Data recovery can be tricky but it is possible !!

Posted by: bvaught ()
Date: June 27, 2015 16:41

Photorecovery has always worked for me.
Good luck!

[www.lc-tech.com]

Date: June 27, 2015 18:51

More banter between songs than usual. In Milwaukee, Mick referenced Miller Beer, Bratwurst, Milw Brewers Sausage races, Liberace, Badger Bus, Milw Theater, Cheeseheads, G Bay Packers (& Bears) etc... and even sung a bit of "What Made Milwaukee Famous Made a Loser Out of Me (during band intros - after Chuck Leavell). Most of Keith's banter was low and difficult to understand...but I think he said they'd be back to Milwaukee. winking smiley

Posted by: GlimmerGirl24 ()
Date: June 27, 2015 23:50

sweet neo con
GlimmerGirl24
sweet neo con
latvianinexile

okay.but that doesnt change my point that opening the entire park and running the skyglider would've been pointless. they may have been in talks for 6-8 months (late 2014) but if i am to believe the local press, the delay in the announcement was the difficulty of nailing down dates (if not just milw...other cities too). And this special early start of Summerfest was unprecedented. it was last minute in the sense that it would have been unrealistic to open the entire park/festival early, book all the bands, vendors, etc... and run the skygliders. And I agree about the egress. winking smiley

I wasn't addressing whether other attractions at the park should have been open - only that the date was penciled in late last year. The Summerfest date was announced when the Stones announced the summer tour, so I see no delay there.

[onmilwaukee.com]

As for keeping most of the park closed, there was no reason to open it since the Stones were not playing during the 11 days of Summerfest. They played the amphitheater on the eve of Summerfest.

Posted by: latvianinexile ()
Date: June 27, 2015 23:53

sweet neo con
latvianinexile

Seat was in row P in section 1.

sweet neo con, The Sky Glider running or not was not the point so much. Tastes are different and I just think that this poster and T-shirt scene is too 'romantic' for a Rolling Stones event shirt. It's not Rock 'n' Rollish at all. More wit and edge to Stones posters and shirts please!

Date: June 28, 2015 03:13

latvianinexile
sweet neo con
latvianinexile

Seat was in row P in section 1.

sweet neo con, The Sky Glider running or not was not the point so much. Tastes are different and I just think that this poster and T-shirt scene is too 'romantic' for a Rolling Stones event shirt. It's not Rock 'n' Rollish at all. More wit and edge to Stones posters and shirts please!

well..i see your point. smiling smiley they could have been more creative with something else RELEVANT to Summerfest...because i DO think it needs to be specific to Summerfest. Cooler & edgier yes. I actually ended up buying the litho to frame & hang in our music/movie gameroom. didn't mind the "romantic" aspect since my wife and i were celebrating our wedding anniversary at the show. (we got engaged at the Stones' '97 Madison Wisconsin show)

Date: June 28, 2015 03:23

Re: GlimmerGirl24 "The Summerfest date was announced when the Stones announced the summer tour, so I see no delay there. "

Well the announcement was delayed by 1 week. Remember when all the billboards went up? Billboards and WKLH (local classic rock station) promoted that the announcement would happen on the following Thursday. Thursday came and went...and there was lots of speculation on whether they would play Miller Park or Summerfest. There was a delay and the announcement came a week later. the article you linked to alludes to all of the uncertainty and re-routing of the tour...and that even though they were in talks Dec 2014 nothing was finalized for quite a while. The tour route, the $$ and the 3d day set-up needed contributed to the uncertainty.

So yes...all venues were announced at the same time...so there was no delay in that sense but the original announcement was actually scheduled 1 week earlier...and I speculated that it was delayed because they were still finalizing things.

alls well that ends well.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-28 03:46 by sweet neo con.

Posted by: Heart for Stones ()
Date: June 28, 2015 19:50

A little late, but had to get back home before I could upload winking smiley

"Champagne & Reefer" Milwaukee 2015-06-23

Shot from front, Sec 3 Row D

All the Best!

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: June 29, 2015 18:37

So nice to see you BV at Milwaukee and chat with you a little bit after the show . which we enjoyed very much !!!

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1718192021222324252627Next
Current Page: 26 of 27

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1990
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home