Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1718192021222324252627Next
Current Page: 25 of 27
Re: Milwaukee WI USA 23-June-2015 Rolling Stones live show updates
Posted by: Beast ()
Date: June 26, 2015 00:43

with sssoul
Jim Pietryga always posts fantastic shots. Thanks for these Jim - they're gorgeous

I second all that. sweet neo con's photos are also fantastic and Dreamtime's videos are likewise really special - thank you all so much for posting these memories of this wonderful show. I was at the front rail and can see the back view of me in the videos jumping up and down and in some of the photos trying to take photos of my own. Charlotte Watts (joined at one point by Sally Wood) was my neighbour down there. I am hoping for more of SMU - the only one I can find moves away from Keith at the precise moment when he threw me a radiant smile and mouthed "hi baby"! Even my neighbour on the other side of me went nuts on my behalf... SMU is now my new favourite song winking smiley

That apart, I am still buzzing from this great show in a great little city, which I had the fortune to be shown around by a resident fan. Of the four shows I saw on this tour, Milwaukee ranked number one (with Nashville second, Orlando third and Pittsburgh fourth). I am not a stadium fan, so the venue was a big plus for me from the start and proved to be even better than I had imagined. And I think it rubbed off on the band - the energy was really high and I got the sense that they were really loving the whole occasion. I don't know why anyone would think the on-stage camaraderie is fake. When Mick's smiles are genuine, they are visibly so, as they were on Tuesday. And the fact that they all spontaneously walked down the short catwalk for a second bow was a sign of how much they enjoyed that show - and no wonder either with such a rocking audience in especially close proximity. I have never seen a rail or seats so close to the stage before in a venue of that size.

I hope that was not the last time I'll ever see the Stones, but if it was, then I couldn't have hoped for a better grand finale.

Now I have to wrap my head around seeing The Who in Hyde Park tomorrow and am not sure I'll fully succeed. They are my second favourite rock 'n' roll band but my head full of Stones joy doesn't yet feel quite ready to turn its focus onto anything else.

To all those attending shows on the rest of the tour, enjoy the hell out of it!

Posted by: sweet neo con ()
Date: June 26, 2015 01:23

Beast

I second all that. sweet neo con's photos are also fantastic and Dreamtime's videos are likewise really special ...

thanks. and glad you enjoyed milwaukee. i have not viewed Dreamtime's videos yet. Does anyone have a link? Thnx.

IORR............but I like it!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-26 01:31 by sweet neo con.

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: June 26, 2015 01:33

Link

Date: June 26, 2015 01:36

found the youtube link. thanks dreamtime!

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-26 01:40 by sweet neo con.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: June 26, 2015 01:47

Beast
with sssoul
Jim Pietryga always posts fantastic shots. Thanks for these Jim - they're gorgeous

I second all that. sweet neo con's photos are also fantastic and Dreamtime's videos are likewise really special - thank you all so much for posting these memories of this wonderful show. I was at the front rail and can see the back view of me in the videos jumping up and down and in some of the photos trying to take photos of my own. Charlotte Watts (joined at one point by Sally Wood) was my neighbour down there. I am hoping for more of SMU - the only one I can find moves away from Keith at the precise moment when he threw me a radiant smile and mouthed "hi baby"! Even my neighbour on the other side of me went nuts on my behalf... SMU is now my new favourite song winking smiley

That apart, I am still buzzing from this great show in a great little city, which I had the fortune to be shown around by a resident fan. Of the four shows I saw on this tour, Milwaukee ranked number one (with Nashville second, Orlando third and Pittsburgh fourth). I am not a stadium fan, so the venue was a big plus for me from the start and proved to be even better than I had imagined. And I think it rubbed off on the band - the energy was really high and I got the sense that they were really loving the whole occasion. I don't know why anyone would think the on-stage camaraderie is fake. When Mick's smiles are genuine, they are visibly so, as they were on Tuesday. And the fact that they all spontaneously walked down the short catwalk for a second bow was a sign of how much they enjoyed that show - and no wonder either with such a rocking audience in especially close proximity. I have never seen a rail or seats so close to the stage before in a venue of that size.

I hope that was not the last time I'll ever see the Stones, but if it was, then I couldn't have hoped for a better grand finale.

Now I have to wrap my head around seeing The Who in Hyde Park tomorrow and am not sure I'll fully succeed. They are my second favourite rock 'n' roll band but my head full of Stones joy doesn't yet feel quite ready to turn its focus onto anything else.

To all those attending shows on the rest of the tour, enjoy the hell out of it!

What a treat for your latest Stones concert! smiling smiley

Posted by: TheBlockbuster ()
Date: June 26, 2015 01:48

Decent Heartbreaker in Milwaukee but Mick obviously wants it to end as soon as possible. I think this is why he starts singing too early and seems a bit ahead of the rest of the band, he wants them speed it up. IMO this song should not be rushed or fast, cause then it loses the dramatic vibe.
Indeed Mick is also saving his voice in the chorus, there was a time when he sang Heartbreaker with more intensity:

video: [www.youtube.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-26 01:55 by TheBlockbuster.

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: June 26, 2015 02:08

I agree about Heartbreaker - it lacked the drive one would expect, but I was still pleased to hear it. I wonder if they'll try it again at any of the remaining shows. The one time I heard Sway, it didn't really come off and they must have felt that too, as it was then ditched. There were plenty of warts in this show but we all know that is par for the course and for me at least it's not something that detracts from the overall vibe of an otherwise good show.

Too right, Cristiano!

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: June 26, 2015 02:09

jimpietryga1

Great picture, looks like the "young" barking Mick...yes, here we go (had it as a poster for years in my bedroom!), Time DOES wait for some people ;-)

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-26 02:10 by gotdablouse.

Date: June 26, 2015 02:12

DREAMTIME
MY MILWAUKEE VIDEOS ARE POSTED!
www.Dreamtime.tv

excellent videos. thank you. if i remember correctly...you bought a new camera and brought a monopod into the venue (pretending it was a walking cane). right? and there are many times in your videos when "security" seemed to be looking right at you. not sure what your video cam looks like or if you kept the monopod hidden but...did you ever feel at risk of getting hassled or kicked out? just curious.

Date: June 26, 2015 02:57

a few more...

Posted by: kish_stoned ()
Date: June 26, 2015 03:48

best photos of the stones seeing them having fun after all these years is great for the fans too cause they play better,keep on rocking boys.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: June 26, 2015 05:41

There's so much camaraderie on this tour, starting up during 14 on Fire--almost hard to believe how it's grown from the chillier time.

It was great to see it documented by the pics, and to see some of it live on stage! Thanks, everyone, especially
JimP and sweetneocon.

Beast, excellent point about the second set of bows by the four walking down the catwalk!
So glad you had a chance to tour Milwaukee a bit, a great town, in my eyes--I'm from there. cool smiley

This is my second and last show, for this time around, and in the future, ya never know.

Stonesfrkk, thanks for explaining. I am so sorry that you didn't get that true pit seat.
Hope you and RS and crew have a great time in KC. thumbs up

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: June 26, 2015 10:02

Beast, I'm so glad you had that radiantly glamorous experience! Well-deserved I may add :E
I hope you find a clip of SMU that catches it - I'm similarly in search of a Budapest 2007 HTW

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: June 26, 2015 11:14

I think Mick deserves a medal for wearing that cape. He must have been absolutely baking in Nashville, and I can't imagine it's been much cooler at the other shows.

Adding my thanks to everyone else's for fantastic photos and videos!

Posted by: waterrats ()
Date: June 26, 2015 12:31

jimpietryga1

Nice shot!!

Anybody knows what kind of guitar that is?
Reminds me of Zemaitis - could that be?

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: June 26, 2015 13:03

I can't get enough of Heartbreakers my @#$%& god. Please play it at detroit or buffalo or both!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-26 13:04 by MingSubu.

Date: June 26, 2015 16:16

Of course the ultimate show of affection (between M & K) would be singing HAPPY together. (no..not the song by The Turtles winking smiley )

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: June 26, 2015 16:21

Please play a rip it up Heartbreaker, You Gotta Move and CYHMK in Buffalo!!

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: June 26, 2015 16:50

Heartbreaker was indeed well done. I haven't liked it much on previous tours, but this version was a nice rougher one. And again, Mick was spot on. He really shined on every song at this show!

Posted by: cmc ()
Date: June 26, 2015 17:08

Let me start by saying that I have not caught up with this thread as of yet, so I apologize if I repeat some things others have reported. I have glanced at some of the photos and they are impressive - wow to Jim and Sweet Neo. Dreamtime; I promise to watch all of your videos.

Our Milwaukee experience was fantastic. Perfect weather, amazing small city, and truly great people. My son, daughter, and I spent most of Saturday on foot, and driving, around downtown Milwaukee. On our quest for lunch, and to meet milwaukeeguy, we walked a great deal of the River Walk and ended up in a German area on Old World Third Street north of downtown. What a fantastic place for lunch and to watch the sights. Rolling Stones attire everywhere we looked. We met many iorr members throughout the day - sweet neo con, plink, milwaukeeguy, stonesfrkk, angee, sometorontogirl, austrianstones (Mr and Mrs), and the cute couple from Japan (I am so sorry I do not recall your names). What a fantastic group of people!

The venue and the show, in my opinion, were incredible. A totally different feel than TCF due to the small stage, roof, and bowl setting. The catwalk was short, stage narrow, and the B stage diameter (end of catwalk) seemed large. Highlights for me included CYHMK (number 1 song I wanted to hear), Heartbreaker, Champagne and Reefer (amazing performance by ALL on stage), and the general on-stage camaraderie/antics throughout the show. The guitars were loud, but as others have mentioned, at times not as clear as one would hope/expect. Midnight Rambler was very entertaining, as was Moonlight Mile. I thought they all worked hard to deliver. Mick engaged with the crowd quite a bit - on at least two occasions he swung his jacket overhead as if he was going to throw it to the audience. But he did not! He released it both times behind him to the stage! Great interaction between Ronnie and Keith. At one point it looked like they were swapping punches while playing! Very fun. The choir nailed it - in my section (7) it seemed the surrounding crowd was most attentive during YCAGWYW; almost everyone was filming the choir. The final bow was genuine - I think Charlie urged the others out onto the catwalk for another bow.

We did not want the show to end - after Satisfaction the lights stayed dark and a few of thought (hoped) there may be more. But no luck. Also, my son was sitting solo in Sec 4 near the front. His neighbors were from France and he had a great time visiting and speaking their native language. My daughter (RS) and I were separated by one row and 20 seats. An extremely nice gentleman from Germany, swapped seats with her, so she could sit next to me - Thank You sir!

All in all, another experience we will remember for decades! Thank you to everyone who helped make it happen. Now on to Kansas City for our next (and finalsad smiley ) show of the Zipcode Tour.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-27 08:27 by cmc.

Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: June 26, 2015 17:58

with sssoul
mr_dja
Someone needs to go back and look at/listen to the video of whatever song they're playing
and I'll bet something happened on stage right that, at least MJ, KR & CW all found humorous.

That's Can't You Hear Me Knocking, Mr DJA - I hope you find videos that hold the answer

It's at 6:20. Ronnie decides to start wailing and having his moment, walking away from the band to solo for the crowd, while Mick and Keith wait to bring the song home.

Keith makes a motion like he's looking at his watch. ("He's on Mick Taylor time"). That cracks Mick up. Ronnie then comes back for the band cue to wrap up.

video: [www.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-26 17:58 by andrewt.

Date: June 26, 2015 18:21

cmc
Let me start by saying that I have not caught up with this thread as of yet, so I apologize if I repeat some things others have reported. I have glanced at some of the photos and they are impressive - wow to Jim and Sweet Neo. Dreamer; I promise to watch all of your videos.

Our Milwaukee experience was fantastic. .

Thanks Chris! I wish I had hung with you guys the rest of the day. The Dreamtime videos are great.....and will make you feel you are right there at the show again.

I echo your assessment of the show, the performance, the atmosphere etc... Chris tell me how your pre-show experience on the Summerfest grounds was. It was Stones heaven! Rabid fans....food, beer, entertainment etc... And did you see that I bumped into Bernard Fowler? What kinda merch did you buy. Is the pre-show atmosphere at stadium shows similar? The only stadium shows I've seen have been at Camp Randall (Madison WI). And they don't have a big parking lot or any place to party. (post here, email..or text me).

edit...i have had the Alpine Valley parking lot pre-show experience twice ..but nothing compared to the Summerfest pre-show. People of all ages wearing their Stone gear in a perfect setting!

At my seat (Sec 4 Row T seat 42)...I had a couple in their late 70s next to me that seemed to be very knowledgeable about the Stones...a 70+ gentleman (w/oxygen tank) front/right of me and immediately to my right 2 very nice women (my age 51-52) that knew very little about the Stones. As I said very nice but their lack of knowledge was amusing. They thought Mick Jagger had been married to Sharon Tate and that Keith had had several heartattacks. They had no idea who the other band members were and were only there to see them play Under My Thumb...which obviously didn't happen. They were trying to leave before the encore but I made them stay....specifically to see the UWM choir help out on YCAGWYW. And btw, my wife was sitting directly in front of me and had a blast. (her 6th Stones show)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-26 18:40 by sweet neo con.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: June 26, 2015 18:27

whitem8
Heartbreaker was indeed well done. I haven't liked it much on previous tours, but this version was a nice rougher one. And again, Mick was spot on. He really shined on every song at this show!

Seriously? I am glad you liked it mate, but for me Micks vocals didn't do the song justice at all. Verses were ok but he was obviously struggling to find a melody when the "heartbreaker" lines came along. Perhaps they just need to play it a bit more but, like I've said, I believe since it didn't really work that well that this is the last we'll see of it, unfortunately.

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: June 26, 2015 20:10

Jim's shot are excellent!!

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: June 26, 2015 20:51

Naturalust
whitem8

Seriously? I am glad you liked it mate, but for me Micks vocals didn't do the song justice at all. Verses were ok but he was obviously struggling to find a melody when the "heartbreaker" lines came along. Perhaps they just need to play it a bit more but, like I've said, I believe since it didn't really work that well that this is the last we'll see of it, unfortunately.
Really? I didn't hear that at all. I thought he did a great job. I mean, yes, he doesn't sing the chorus like the album, and hasn't really ever (LA??). But it worked. I enjoyed it.

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: June 26, 2015 21:07

whitem8
smileys with beer

Posted by: JadedFaded ()
Date: June 26, 2015 21:50

I thought they rushed thru Heartbreaker and Mick looked miserable all thru it. For me, it was the least well-performed song of the evening. I was a bit disappointed by it. It's great that others enjoyed it, but I would bet they don't play it again this tour.

Posted by: mnewman505 ()
Date: June 26, 2015 21:57

JadedFaded
I thought they rushed thru Heartbreaker and Mick looked miserable all thru it. For me, it was the least well-performed song of the evening. I was a bit disappointed by it. It's great that others enjoyed it, but I would bet they don't play it again this tour.
How anyone could think that they botched Heartbreaker more than HTW is beyond me, HTW was a complete train wreck and any other band would have stopped and restarted the song.

Posted by: Stones50 ()
Date: June 26, 2015 22:39

mnewman505
JadedFaded
How anyone could think that they botched Heartbreaker more than HTW is beyond me, HTW was a complete train wreck and any other band would have stopped and restarted the song.

SO what. That's what makes them great. What do you want, Steely Dan??!

Posted by: DREAMTIME ()
Date: June 26, 2015 23:02

sweet neo con
DREAMTIME
MY MILWAUKEE VIDEOS ARE POSTED!
www.Dreamtime.tv

excellent videos. thank you. if i remember correctly...you bought a new camera and brought a monopod into the venue (pretending it was a walking cane). right? and there are many times in your videos when "security" seemed to be looking right at you. not sure what your video cam looks like or if you kept the monopod hidden but...did you ever feel at risk of getting hassled or kicked out? just curious.

It seemed like that none of the security knew what to make of it. It was a regular point and shoot camera sized camera. I had the monopod extended to near 6 feet sometimes and even lifted it up when Mick's shoes were blocked by cell phone users. Mick's bodyguard was along the catwalk on my side but he knows me well and didn't say anything except hello. I figured at worst I would be told to stop and when I wasn't shooting I let the pod rest against me or collapse it while I danced. I did a couple of periscopes but once again only 12 people watched so no more of that. Next Up - Indy!!

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1718192021222324252627Next
Current Page: 25 of 27

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1921
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home