Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...23456789101112...LastNext
Current Page: 7 of 26
Re: Bill Wyman: The Stones Never Forgave Me For Leaving
Posted by: Koen ()
Date: June 25, 2015 15:30

nightskyman
Sympathy for the Devil (1968)

But only the Stones as a collective could have made the song as it appeared on the record. Jagger could not have never done that by himself.

Date: June 25, 2015 15:30

treaclefingers
This Bass Is Empty (without you)

Bassless speculation...

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: June 25, 2015 16:27

treaclefingers
This Bass Is Empty (without you)

wasn't that on the Bassment Tapes?

Posted by: mudbone ()
Date: June 25, 2015 18:01

DJ is always a fraction too 'late' where as Bill was right in the pocket. Keeping keith and mick on their toes..make no mistake

He was NO DOUBT as important as anyone else in the band to create the stones magic.

His playing was urgent/exciting...like the band itself.

I always try to like DJ...but i just can't. He's a fine musician..there's millions of 'em.

BW was a star...in the Stones

Posted by: LieB ()
Date: June 25, 2015 19:19

mudbone
DJ is always a fraction too 'late' where as Bill was right in the pocket. Keeping keith and mick on their toes..make no mistake

I think Bill said himself (in the Crossfire Hurricane movie) that he's actually a fraction early on the beat, which together with Charlie and Keith creates a bit of a ”wobble” which he thinks is part of the Stones magic.

Posted by: still ill ()
Date: June 25, 2015 19:26

Bill's getting it all off his chest..

[www.bbc.co.uk]

Posted by: z ()
Date: June 25, 2015 19:33

I never forgave him too.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: June 25, 2015 19:42

William is, in a way, the most talkative Stone. He's the one that actually says someting from time to time. And he's more down to earth and easy-going than the rest of them.

Posted by: nightskyman ()
Date: June 25, 2015 19:43

mudbone

BW was a star...in the Stones

A star? That's a bit of a stretch...just saying.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: June 25, 2015 19:52

LieB
mudbone

I think Bill said himself (in the Crossfire Hurricane movie) that he's actually a fraction early on the beat, which together with Charlie and Keith creates a bit of a ”wobble” which he thinks is part of the Stones magic.

Interestingly, in Satisfaction, he is actually a bit later than the main riff. Very cool to listen to.

Date: June 25, 2015 19:54

Stoneage
William is, in a way, the most talkative Stone. He's the one that actually says someting from time to time. And he's more down to earth and easy-going than the rest of them.

And more bitter...

Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: June 25, 2015 20:01

Koen
LieB
mudbone

Interestingly, in Satisfaction, he is actually a bit later than the main riff. Very cool to listen to.

indeed, it's one of my favorite parts.

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: June 25, 2015 20:03

DandelionPowderman
Stoneage

And more bitter...

Probably not without reason.

Date: June 25, 2015 20:08

kleermaker
DandelionPowderman
Stoneage

And more bitter...

The music business is a bitter business.

Date: June 25, 2015 20:09

kleermaker
DandelionPowderman
Stoneage

And more bitter...

I don't see the same bitterness from Taylor.

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: June 25, 2015 20:16

DandelionPowderman
kleermaker
DandelionPowderman
Stoneage

And more bitter...

I know from a reliable source he is. But he is used to package it in humour and in song lyrics.

Date: June 25, 2015 20:19

DandelionPowderman
kleermaker
DandelionPowderman
Stoneage

And more bitter...

That's true, Dandelion. But William and Michael have different personalities to begin with. William tend to be more outspoken while Michael is more withdrawn. So, I guess we won't hear Michael "spill his guts" all that often.

Date: June 25, 2015 20:26

You mean Michael Kevin, of course? winking smiley

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: June 25, 2015 20:26

Stoneage
DandelionPowderman
kleermaker
DandelionPowderman
Stoneage

And more bitter...

That's true, Dandelion. But William and Michael have different personalities to begin with. William tend to be more outspoken while Michael is more withdrawn. So, I guess we won't hear Michael "spill his guts" all that often.

William hardly said a word during the decades he was with the band. He and Charlie were the "silent Stones." I guess now he's got more time to be outspoken!

Date: June 25, 2015 20:30

Of course...

Date: June 25, 2015 20:40

Aquamarine
Stoneage
DandelionPowderman
kleermaker
DandelionPowderman
Stoneage

And more bitter...

William hardly said a word during the decades he was with the band. He and Charlie were the "silent Stones." I guess now he's got more time to be outspoken!

I'm not so sure about that, Aqua. He made quite a few interviews during the 81/82 tour and then, of course, when his book was released. He even understands Swedish!

Date: June 25, 2015 20:48

kleermaker
DandelionPowderman
kleermaker
DandelionPowderman
Stoneage

And more bitter...

I know from a reliable source he is. But he is used to package it in humour and in song lyrics.

He is very clearly bitter, I agree. It's a shame the 50th anniversary didn't enable them to all make peace - it sure seemed like that was a part of the plan.

Date: June 25, 2015 21:03

Turner68
kleermaker
DandelionPowderman
kleermaker
DandelionPowderman
Stoneage

And more bitter...

He is very clearly bitter, I agree. It's a shame the 50th anniversary didn't enable them to all make peace - it sure seemed like that was a part of the plan.

How?

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: June 25, 2015 21:30

DandelionPowderman
Turner68
kleermaker
DandelionPowderman
kleermaker
DandelionPowderman
Stoneage

And more bitter...

How?

...i am waiting as well, for this "clear" evidence.

Date: June 25, 2015 23:04

DandelionPowderman
Turner68
kleermaker
DandelionPowderman
kleermaker
DandelionPowderman
Stoneage

And more bitter...

How?

By having him come on the tour, play with them, celebrate the anniversary... does that not seem to be an opportunity to make peace?

Date: June 25, 2015 23:09

Turner68
DandelionPowderman
Turner68
kleermaker
DandelionPowderman
kleermaker
DandelionPowderman
Stoneage

And more bitter...

How?

By having him come on the tour, play with them, celebrate the anniversary... does that not seem to be an opportunity to make peace?

Yeah, but in what way has Taylor himself showed bitterness? I'm pretty sure he didn't write those Facebook posts himself.

Posted by: Brstonesfan ()
Date: June 26, 2015 00:10

Lets just be honest and admit that Mick and Keith
have been very uncomfortable giving former members their due.
For 2 legends to treat Bill,Mick T and
Brian the way they have reflects a meanness and or
insecurity that they need to think they did it all without any
assistance from others.

Posted by: nightskyman ()
Date: June 26, 2015 00:17

I'm sure money has nothing to do with it.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: June 26, 2015 00:36

still ill
Bill's getting it all off his chest..

[www.bbc.co.uk]

Looks like Bill will partially get his way after all. The plaque will be taken down, changed and put back up. Bill wants Brian Jones name on the plaque which probably isn't going to happen and probably shouldn't. The purpose of the plaque isn't to draw attention to the creation of the Rolling Stones, just that Dartford Station was an important part of the history of the Stones concerning the Jagger Richards meeting.

Kudos again to our very own Captain Corella who wrote to the council and I believe is probably the fan the councilman mentions in the interview.

The councilman says "went on to form" will likely be changed to "went on to join".

No doubt Bill will still be upset at the plaque for some reason or another. winking smiley

Posted by: triceratops ()
Date: June 26, 2015 00:39

kleermaker
DandelionPowderman
kleermaker

I belive it, plus you are a dedicated Taylorite who has "sources". Mick Taylor is a shy guy who is not going to complain in public. He is a man of few words. MickT and Bill Wyman got screwed (cheated) on song writing credits. And album royalties in Mick Taylor's case.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...23456789101112...LastNext
Current Page: 7 of 26

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1047
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home