Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1213141516171819202122...LastNext
Current Page: 17 of 23
Rolling Stones - Orlando FL, June 12 2015
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: June 13, 2015 17:03

Date: June 13, 2015 17:03

Date: June 13, 2015 17:12

Re: Orlando FL USA 12-June-2015 Rolling Stones live show updates
Posted by: relms ()
Date: June 13, 2015 17:15

Rokyfan
relms
Rokyfan

yeah, this guy, on the board for two months. posted, what 50 posts in the thread? Nothing about music, all about knocking what other people post. When he grows up, maybe he will realize that adults disagree and it shouldn't bother him so and you can enjoy the music without doubting whether you should or not because of what other people say.

You just never with the stop with whining, eh? and always whining in defense of your right to whine. Dont worry there are enough of you whiners that you can all keep preaching to the choir in support each other's right to whine and no one will take away your right to whine. Carry on.
i think it's my second post on the thread. the only thing i said was i liked the shirts. I defend Other people's rights to say what they want. That makes me a whiner. Is anyone on the thread other than you not a 'whiner' or are you just using the word like Lenny Bruce did with the N word, repeat it over and over to make a point. If you are a parodist, you do a pretty good job.

If you dont want a reply then dont quote and confront a person.

Keep whining all you want about setlist, mick taylor, whatever. Poop all over the party all you want but dont wonder when people stop posting actual content about the show like pictures, setlist, songs, links etc.

Posted by: Jesse ()
Date: June 13, 2015 17:24

taz22
Jesse
It's not about what we want.

Sadly......it is all about the $$$$$$$$$$$$$

Don't fool yourself for one second into thinking it is anything else.

I'm not fooling myself. Of course they want the $$$ -- and they deserve every dollar they make on this tour. the more the better as far as I'm concerned. (They all give to numerous charities.)

Despite your opinion, all music critics have given them high marks on this tour. Not one critic has accused them of phoning in a performance.

The Rolling Stones are still the greatest -- and Mick and Keith are becoming the old Blues men they always loved. No complaints from me.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: June 13, 2015 17:52

One think that just didn't feel right to me last night were the vocals on Gimme Shelter. I truly believe they should drop this tune if this is what they have to offer. The guitars were fine, great even, but can Jagger and Lisa do anything more to butcher what is perhaps one of the best Stones tunes of all time?

peace

Posted by: 5stringTele ()
Date: June 13, 2015 17:53

Sorry to interrupt this flame war for an on-topic post, but thanks byebyejohnny for the Orlando Sentinel pix.

Keef also messed around with the timing on the first riff of Brown Sugar. He kinda muffed the second riff, but that was not intentional.

Has anybody reported trouble getting a cell phone signal by the stage? I don't know if there were just too many users or if something from the stage was interfering with the signal. Were there any 'scopers from the first few rows?

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: June 13, 2015 17:58

I've read up on the whole thread and didn't like it. ByeByeJohnny and Cristianos posts I enjoyed.
Cool flowerpower style on Mick.

Posted by: EasterMan ()
Date: June 13, 2015 18:11

Naturalust
One think that just didn't feel right to me last night were the vocals on Gimme Shelter. I truly believe they should drop this tune if this is what they have to offer. The guitars were fine, great even, but can Jagger and Lisa do anything more to butcher what is perhaps one of the best Stones tunes of all time?

peace

It's too bad that Mick can't sing Gimme Shelter like he does here:

Could be it be the 13 songs Mick has to sing prior to GS which makes him lose some power, or is it just the 6 years gone by since 2009 which has taken a toll on him?

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-13 18:15 by EasterMan.

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: June 13, 2015 18:14

Stoneage
- "IT IS NOT THE SAME SONGS NIGHT AFTER NIGHT!!!" - That is true. However 15 out of 19 songs are.
- "but the songs are played a lil bit different everytime" - If you put the emphasis on little it may be true (a missed note here and there and things like that). But to me, and many others, they sound pretty much the same. At least when we are talking about the warhorses.
- "It is always different and exciting" - That is of course a matter of opinion. But I don't think it goes for the warhorses.

What makes the board good is views from both sides of the aisle. I mean how many times can you analyze the opening riff to Start Me Up?

But I judge a show by how different they are from city to city. Does Mick use the exact same intro for certain songs? Are the woo hoo's the same. Does Keith say the same thing at the start of each set? I'm not talking about the start and stop ques, just the banter between the songs. When it becomes a solid routine then the show loses its spontaneity. It looks too much like following a script. Same with the songs and order.

This is the digital, social media age. Everything is known when it happens. You can't fool anyone or hide mistakes. Now bands are playing to world wide audiences within a 24 hour period not just the moment of the show. The price has escalated dramatically but the show has regressed. There is a disconnect.

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: June 13, 2015 18:21

The Sicilian
What makes the board good is views from both sides of the aisle. I mean how many times can you analyze the opening riff to Start Me Up?

I agree, I actually like to read opinions that differ from mine. It's an entirely different thing when some posters start throwing accusations around. We can keep analyzing SMU opening riff as long as Keef feels inclined to f*ck it up in yet unheard ways >grinning smiley<

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: June 13, 2015 18:46

relms
Rokyfan
relms
Rokyfan

yeah, this guy, on the board for two months. posted, what 50 posts in the thread? Nothing about music, all about knocking what other people post. When he grows up, maybe he will realize that adults disagree and it shouldn't bother him so and you can enjoy the music without doubting whether you should or not because of what other people say.

You just never with the stop with whining, eh? and always whining in defense of your right to whine. Dont worry there are enough of you whiners that you can all keep preaching to the choir in support each other's right to whine and no one will take away your right to whine. Carry on.
i think it's my second post on the thread. the only thing i said was i liked the shirts. I defend Other people's rights to say what they want. That makes me a whiner. Is anyone on the thread other than you not a 'whiner' or are you just using the word like Lenny Bruce did with the N word, repeat it over and over to make a point. If you are a parodist, you do a pretty good job.

Keep whining all you want about setlist, mick taylor, whatever. Poop all over the party all you want but dont wonder when people stop posting actual content about the show like pictures, setlist, songs, links etc.

I didn't say I didn't want a reply but i think you are confusing me with someone else. I never said a word about the setlist, Mick Taylor, whatever. I made one post about how I liked the shirts and then read the whole thread this morning, most of which contained your comments about other people's posts (not mine, I didn't make any).

it is the height if irony that you complain about people cluttering up the thread with complaints. 80 % of them are yours. Maybe after two months you might think this board is not for you if the posts upset you so much.

Posted by: alieb ()
Date: June 13, 2015 18:47

Brstonesfan
What are we going to do when it's really over??? This is our life, our passion and joy for over 5 decades...G-d bless "The Rolling Stones".

In another 50 years, people are going to be complaining about the things that their estate chooses to release eye rolling smiley

Date: June 13, 2015 18:48

EasterMan
Could be it be the 13 songs Mick has to sing prior to GS which makes him lose some power, or is it just the 6 years gone by since 2009 which has taken a toll on him?

Couldn't see that video here in USA, blocked by WMG for copyright grounds but strangely there is almost the same video up here which isn't.

You may be right about Mick not as effective on this tune due to fatigue from the show but that seems a bit strange due to how good of shape he's in and how he usually finishes up really strong. But it wouldn't be the first time all that running around has adversely affected his vocals.

Perhaps he's intentionally backing off to give Lisa more work and to take a break. But it seems to me he's almost changing the melody and structure the way he sang it last night.

Perhaps he's just somewhat bored with the tune and this is his way of approaching the tune with a sort of improvisational spirit, in which case I have less problem with it and more understanding of the results. But I do hope he listens to it and debugs it somewhat for future shows.

Here is the vid you posted and indeed Jagger's singing is very good, I have to believe he could still sing it like that if he tried....but don't get me started on Bono and the The Edge's approach to the tune. winking smiley

peace

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: June 13, 2015 18:49

Other than whining about setlists which has become somewhat redundant at this point, the 'whining' (along with the positive) is what keeps these conversations interesting.
Screwed up intro's, flubbed riffs, lame leads, crappy vocals, horrible piano, bad wardrobe, unnecessary backup singers, etc.etc.etc., it's all fair game and should be heard from a variety of perspectives.

But as some would have it, you can't always whine when you want.

Date: June 13, 2015 18:57

Rokyfan
Maybe after two months you might think this board is not for you if the posts upset you so much.
You have been here a mere 2 years and act like you are something? Give it a rest. You are unworthy to say a dim word about the Rolling Stones, or me, or anything else for that matter. Only 2 years? LOL

Posted by: stonesfrkk ()
Date: June 13, 2015 19:02

GJB
[m.youtube.com]

She's so cold sounds tight smiling smiley never a huge fan of the song but I think this works!
I agree when She's So Cold is played and Keith and Woody are on it's one of the best guitar weaving song's imo that Keef and Ronnie do there Lyon France 07 was the best weaving I've ever heard them do that night on She's so Cold.It was amazing!

Posted by: Jesse ()
Date: June 13, 2015 19:02

I think it's hard to compare a 60s version of a song to today's version and say today' is worse. Today's is what it is -- different -- it's their take on it today. They are all different people now and interpret music differently now. I think today's slower and more bluesy versions of their war horses are just as interesting as the older ones. (But I love the Blues.) If one of them screws up here or ther, so what?

I agree the same banter between songs can get stale but even that can become funny in itself. JMO

I'm loving all they've been giving us on this tour. They love music -- and I think everyone on IORR loves music too. Let's just enjoy.

Date: June 13, 2015 19:03

Mick's wise cracks on stage had me rolling last night, that comment about Cinderella was too funny >grinning smiley<

Posted by: 1badgator ()
Date: June 13, 2015 19:05

Lucky Dip Karma
Ex-roomate work wouldn't let him off at the last minute, couldn't find anyone to go for free (everyone else was already going).
Went by myself, waited in wrong line, guy in back of me was refused entry.
Lucky Dip was around the corner trough a gate, I waited hour+ (well after 8pm) for the guy with the ticket problem - got scammed - ended up scalper made multiple copies.
Sold him LD for $40, big time KARMA, everyone that got tix before - of the 10+ I asked were in nosebleed sec 234/235.
Askked for lower bowl because there were a lot of unsold prime tix in 109/134, Open envelope, F6-H Front Floor Section right side row 8!!! 3 other LD in the row with 6 empty seats.
I had a good time.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-15 20:14 by 1badgator.

Date: June 13, 2015 19:08

1badgator
Lucky Dip Karma
Ex-roomate work wouldn't let him off at the last minute, couldn't find anyone to go for free.
Went by myself, waited in wrong line, guy in back of me was refused entry.
Lucky Dip was around the corner trough a gate, I waited hour+ (well after 8pm) for the guy with the ticket problem - got scammed - ended up scalper made multiple copies.
Sold him LD for $40, big time KARMA, everyone that got tix before - of the 10+ I asked were in nosebleed sec 234/235.
Askked for lower bowl because there were a lot of unsold prime tix in 109/134, Open envelope, F6-H Front Floor Section right side row 8!!! 3 other LD in the row with 6 empty seats.
I had a good time.

Best post of the thread so far!

It is great to hear you Lucky dipped some good seats and that you took care of that guy, that was very cool of you.

Posted by: Thrylan ()
Date: June 13, 2015 19:28

relms
Rokyfan
Maybe after two months you might think this board is not for you if the posts upset you so much.
You have been here a mere 2 years and act like you are something? Give it a rest. You are unworthy to say a dim word about the Rolling Stones, or me, or anything else for that matter. Only 2 years? LOL

Wow! Do you want to talk about it? Did you experience a traumatic event as a child? If you take exception to the majority of the posts......well....

I really enjoy the posts that gush about how fresh the warhorses are, or how they are playing better than ever!!! Then I get on my unicorn, and spread glitter all over the earth!!!

Posted by: EasterMan ()
Date: June 13, 2015 19:29

Naturalust
Couldn't see that video here in USA, blocked by WMG for copyright grounds but strangely there is almost the same video up here which isn't.

You may be right about Mick not as effective on this tune due to fatigue from the show but that seems a bit strange due to how good of shape he's in and how he usually finishes up really strong. But it wouldn't be the first time all that running around has adversely affected his vocals.

Perhaps he's intentionally backing off to give Lisa more work and to take a break. But it seems to me he's almost changing the melody and structure the way he sang it last night.

Perhaps he's just somewhat bored with the tune and this is his way of approaching the tune with a sort of improvisational spirit, in which case I have less problem with it and more understanding of the results. But I do hope he listens to it and debugs it somewhat for future shows.

Here is the vid you posted and indeed Jagger's singing is very good, I have to believe he could still sing it like that if he tried....but don't get me started on Bono and the The Edge's approach to the tune. winking smiley

peace

Mick is slightly off key through the whole song. The only new thing I hear is that Jagger tries to sing it faster than the rest of the band. Maybe he's bored with it, or maybe he wants Charlie to speed it up? I don't really hear the improvisation. It's not very uncommon that Mick gets off key these days, SFTD at O2 #1 comes to mind, and Tumbling Dice at Glastonbury, maybe it was the the off key singing which made you think Mick tried to change the melody? I wasn't there though so the video might not tell the whole story.

As for U2's Gimme Shelter, I think it's decent and more interesting than with the Stones these days, even though it never really takes off smiling smiley

Posted by: stonesfrkk ()
Date: June 13, 2015 19:30

taz22
Jesse
It's not about what we want.

Sadly......it is all about the $$$$$$$$$$$$$

Don't fool yourself for one second into thinking it is anything else.
Sadly taz22 for you is that is what the music biz is all about on the business part of it is MONEY that's what these people do for a living, and the business part of music has always been ruthless pal!

Date: June 13, 2015 19:37

Thrylan
relms
Rokyfan
Wow! Do you want to talk about it? Did you experience a traumatic event as a child? If you take exception to the majority of the posts......well....

I really enjoy the posts that gush about how fresh the warhorses are, or how they are playing better than ever!!! Then I get on my unicorn, and spread glitter all over the earth!!!

who are you and why are you replying to me?

Date: June 13, 2015 19:38

Rokyfan
relms
Rokyfan
relms
Rokyfan

I didn't say I didn't want a reply but i think you are confusing me with someone else. I never said a word about the setlist, Mick Taylor, whatever. I made one post about how I liked the shirts and then read the whole thread this morning, most of which contained your comments about other people's posts (not mine, I didn't make any).

it is the height if irony that you complain about people cluttering up the thread with complaints. 80 % of them are yours. Maybe after two months you might think this board is not for you if the posts upset you so much.

I posted in this thread early on that Keith was wearing the same shirt and that ADTL could have used Taylor's help and was totally jumped on for whining all the time, every time. Bizarre. Both comments were pretty benign and anybody who's heard ADTL with Taylor and the one from last night would likely agree. And how are we going to know which shows the Keith pictures are from if he keeps wearing the same clothes? winking smiley

I agree wholeheartedly with Hairball and other posters that different opinions are what make the conversations here interesting. Have something to say about the music or the performance, Good or Bad? Bring it on! Don't be intimidated by people who are nothing but critical of how you choose to post.

The diversity of opinions and huge knowledge of all thing Stones on this board is just amazing. I respect and value the opinion of long time fans here who haven't been to a show in decades and appreciate the views of the teen aged (and younger) fans here who have interesting and fresh perspectives. Everybody brings something to the table so lets quit talking about whiners please and praise, whine about and celebrate the Stones and their music.

peace

Date: June 13, 2015 19:43

All the diversity of opinions and huge knowledge of all thing Stones on this board, everybody bringing something to the table and usually what is posted over and over is the same basic whining about the set list being the same.

And for sure never be intimidated by people who are nothing but critical of how you choose to post.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-13 19:47 by relms.

Date: June 13, 2015 19:53

relms
All the diversity of opinions and huge knowledge of all thing Stones on this board, everybody bringing something to the table and usually what is posted over and voer is the same basic whining about the set list being the same.

Ironically, I believe you have complained about set list whining, and whining in general, more than any actual set list or other complaints on this thread. Just let people post what they want, we already have a moderator here. I truly welcome your opinions on the show. Have you seen or are you planning to see any this tour?

Strangely, it seems the enthusiasm for this show is less than other ones. I don't see many reviews, reports or YouTube videos posted like we usually get by now with the other shows. What's up with that?

peace

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-13 20:01 by Naturalust.

Date: June 13, 2015 19:59

Naturalust
relms
All the diversity of opinions and huge knowledge of all thing Stones on this board, everybody bringing something to the table and usually what is posted over and voer is the same basic whining about the set list being the same.

Ironically, I believe you have complained about set list whining, and whining in general, more than any actual set list complaints on this thread.
You are mistaken about this and many other things which you seem to believe.

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: June 13, 2015 19:59

I agree to Naturalust, that Gimme Shelter Version is awful.
The vocals just don't have the power the once had, could be Mick just had a bad day - he usually does fine, but Lisa just hasn't that strong voice anymore.
My advice would be too: kick out Gimme Shelter. Instead of GS they could include a strong Street Fighting Man.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1213141516171819202122...LastNext
Current Page: 17 of 23

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1995
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home