Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1415161718192021222324...LastNext
Current Page: 19 of 26
Re: Atlanta GA USA 9-June-2015 Rolling Stones live show updates
Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: June 10, 2015 18:53

Anyone see St Paul and The Broken Bones performance and liked them ?

Noticed they are one of the twelve support acts for The Who at Hyde Park gig which is due to start at 2 p.m. on June 26th.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: June 10, 2015 18:59

the glimmers must have re upped their deal with el diablo becaus they are on fire playing so great at such a high level . just listened to the clip of you gotta move . simply amazing . bravo !!!

Posted by: tonyc ()
Date: June 10, 2015 19:04

crawdaddy

Noticed they are one of the twelve support acts for The Who at Hyde Park gig which is due to start at 2 p.m. on June 26th.

I thought they were great particularly their horn section. I thought their set flowed perfectly into the Rolling Stones set which was horn heavy early in the show. I would have been happy to have had Mick invite them up for a song.

It was funny at the end of their set the lead singer nervously looked backstage and put two fingers in the air and eventually got the okay to do two more songs.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-10 19:11 by tonyc.

Posted by: barbabang ()
Date: June 10, 2015 19:43

Atlanta got a great gig it seems. Only watched CYHMK on youtube. Looks to me one of the best by them without Mick Taylor. Great Sax and the best solo Ronnie ever did in this song I think. (Only first impression)

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: June 10, 2015 19:51

TheGreek
the glimmers must have re upped their deal with el diablo becaus they are on fire playing so great at such a high level . just listened to the clip of you gotta move . simply amazing . bravo !!!
people got their moneys worth to quote the missed StonesTodd.. "The greatest joymakers".

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: June 10, 2015 19:53

tonyc
crawdaddy

I thought they were great particularly their horn section. I thought their set flowed perfectly into the Rolling Stones set which was horn heavy early in the show. I would have been happy to have had Mick invite them up for a song.

It was funny at the end of their set the lead singer nervously looked backstage and put two fingers in the air and eventually got the okay to do two more songs.
don't want to overstay with MJ waiting.

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: June 10, 2015 20:05

Turner68

texas was not so good, and san diego was pretty strong. they're not the most consistent band.

you got it backwards-texas was the stronger show with san diego and minn about the same. atl looks to be as good or better than texas- they are picking up steam.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: June 10, 2015 20:12

More pics here: [www.wsbtv.com]

Posted by: Niek ()
Date: June 10, 2015 20:13

mr_dja

You may want to try and see some of the temporary feeds from periscope... I think they last for 24 hours

Peace,
Mr DJA

Unfortunately periscope from CAROLANN is gone. Normally it stays 24 hours. Link is dead. Wonder why. Searching YouTube for video's.

(Always took candy from strangers)

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: June 10, 2015 20:22

aww.. ronnies got 'Sally' on his strap..

Posted by: Natlanta ()
Date: June 10, 2015 20:57

crawdaddy

yes saw them and liked them. very good set i thought, crowd around me liked them as well. i was actually thinking the RS would need to step up their game, but then when they came on i realized it's not even a close comparison... apples and aircraft carriers, something like that.

Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: June 10, 2015 21:24

jahisnotdead
Here is about a minute of You Gotta Move from last night. My phone ran out of memory, so I didn't get the full song. Very sorry about that!

Rolling Stones Live In Atlanta GA 2015 - You Gotta Move (Excerpts)

In the cut off intro, Mick is saying "We went to visit Stone Mountain the other day. I think somebody should build a Rolling Stones Mountain next door!"

Sounds good. I gotta give the Stones props for doing a slow country blues to a stadium crowd. I've heard the anectodes of the non-warhorse hating newbies but...f*ck 'em!
CYHMK sounded pretty good off the video. Ronnie did OK. Not stratospheric like Taylor, but a god Ronnie-fied version of the solo. Some of it sounded like the YCAGWYW solos he did in "75, "76, which I quite like.

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: June 10, 2015 21:29

Clip titled "this guy could care less about some Rolling Stones playing on the stage"

...BUT what if he's on IORR? >grinning smiley<

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: June 10, 2015 21:40

lem motlow
Turner68

texas was not so good, and san diego was pretty strong. they're not the most consistent band.

you got it backwards-texas was the stronger show with san diego and minn about the same. atl looks to be as good or better than texas- they are picking up steam.

Apart from Knocking I like the Texas setlist better. Rocks Off was out of this world good. I hated it on the VL tour so this was welcome redemption...

I have little interest in You Gotta Move if it's not 1975

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: June 10, 2015 21:46

Munichhilton
lem motlow
Turner68

Apart from Knocking I like the Texas setlist better. Rocks Off was out of this world good. I hated it on the VL tour so this was welcome redemption...

I don't think that's ever going to come around again. Why can't you enjoy it now? I thought it sounded fantastic last night.

Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: June 10, 2015 21:50

Munichhilton
lem motlow
Turner68

I can relate, I have little interest in MR if it's not 2013.

Date: June 10, 2015 21:50

Here's a timeline photo gallery from 10 days ago until last night's concert. I think it's very interesting, BTW.

[gtathletics.exposure.co]

Posted by: Shawn20 ()
Date: June 10, 2015 21:51

Kurt
Natlanta
just got home... holy @#$%& shit.

that's it, that's my review.

THAT is the ONLY review that I need to read!

I was there - they really cannot do any better. Keith flubbed the one line in Satisfaction and Happy was a lost wreck - but who cares???? It was just a great, great show. Now on to Orlando - but there is no way in hell that Orlando can compete.

Posted by: mnewman505 ()
Date: June 10, 2015 21:59

Geez, seems like a hell of a show, I hope I get some of these rarer songs at Pitt, Milwaukee, or Detroit!

Posted by: tumblingdice ()
Date: June 10, 2015 22:01

I have a clip of YGM recorded on Android voice recorder. I don't know how to get it here but don't mind trying to email it to someone else to enjoy and perhaps post here.

Date: June 10, 2015 22:02

my email address is waiting for some action =)

Date: June 10, 2015 22:03

tumblingdice
I have a clip of YGM recorded on Android voice recorder. I don't know how to get it here but don't mind trying to email it to someone else to enjoy and perhaps post here.

My e-mail isn't hidden, I can upload it and post it here later. smiling smiley

Date: June 10, 2015 22:11

latebloomer
Munichhilton
lem motlow
Turner68

I don't think that's ever going to come around again. Why can't you enjoy it now? I thought it sounded fantastic last night.

I meant the performance and guitars on YGM during the 1975 tour. That's about the only time I've liked the song...
The LP version does nothing for me either...hell Fred's version don't move me!
If they are only digging one or two tracks deep for each show, which I think is a sin, I'd rather Moonlight Mile and Knocking...

Posted by: tumblingdice ()
Date: June 10, 2015 22:11

On the way, my friends. Hope it works for you and you enjoy. It was a very short rendition.

Date: June 10, 2015 22:13

andrewt
Munichhilton
lem motlow
Turner68

I can relate, I have little interest in MR if it's not 2013.

Taylor's sick...Keith says so...

Date: June 10, 2015 22:23

[picosong.com] Thanks Tumblingdice, sounding excellent!

Posted by: KeithFnRichards ()
Date: June 10, 2015 22:26

It’s been 10 years since The Rolling Stones have played Atlanta and where I hope Keith Richards lives forever, with Mick and Keith pushing 72, I’m not sure if they will make it back through Atlanta in another 10 years. So I had to be at Bobby Dodd Stadium last night. Sorry if that seems morose, but I guess I’m just realistic. By now you’ve probably seen pictures and maybe some youtube videos, you might have even caught a live stream last night from periscope. But none of it will ever do the justice of being at a Stones show. The coolest of crowds are at a Stones show. There’s no race, color, creed or age barrier. Everyone getting along and having a great time and knowing they’re going to hear some great music.

Bobby Dodd was a cluster f#$k as far as getting to your seats. If you went in the wrong gate you were screwed, which I unfortunately learned the hard way. But my date and I made it to our seats right as the lights went out and The Stones took the stage. Running KFR, I’ve been following the setlists for a few years and was pleasantly surprised how they switched this one up in Atlanta. I think we got spoiled with You Got To Move, Can’t Ya Hear Me Knocking and Some Girls. We sat on the right side and loved every minute of Keith’s guitar coming out the right channel. The band was ON. Each of them seemed to be genuinely having a great time. It’s hard to explain. The more the crowd cheered, the more the band gave. Almost synchronistic. The groove they got on Can’t Ya Hear Me Knocking and Midnight Rambler just phenomenal. Keith singing his heart out and running around the stage like he’s 30. The colors, the sound, the band everything was just fantastic.

Running this page and reading other boards I hear people complain about the setlists or certain vocal performances or a missed note. These guys have written the book. They’ve been doing this for 51 years. No band in their 20s or 30s can come close to producing what The Rolling Stones put out on stage. They will and have spanked all the other bands out there. I don’t think history will ever know anything like them again.
So when I hear idiots complain about setlists, vocal performances and missed notes I have to laugh it off. Because they just have no idea. Because what they really should be doing is shutting the f#$k up and saying thank you.

Thank you for an incredible show in Atlanta.

Date: June 10, 2015 22:38

Nikkei
[picosong.com] Thanks Tumblingdice, sounding excellent!

Cheers to that! smileys with beer

And here's Some Girls, audio only: [soundcloud.com]

Posted by: sdr ()
Date: June 10, 2015 22:43

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-10 23:13 by sdr.

Date: June 10, 2015 22:46

sdr
I thought I would feel satisfied finally seeing my favorite band live, but now I am left wanting more. Already I'm trying to figure out how to get to another show on this tour...smiling smiley

Welcome to the basement room. Your equipment should arrive shortly smoking smiley

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1415161718192021222324...LastNext
Current Page: 19 of 26

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1910
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home