Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
Coolest/oldest Stones shirt you have
Posted by: Darin75 ()
Date: May 31, 2015 19:30

Mine would be a shirt from the Cotton Bowl 1975

Re: Coolest/oldest Stones shirt you have
Posted by: crumbling_mice ()
Date: May 31, 2015 19:32

I think the oldest one I still have is long sleeved baseball style tour shirt from 1982...which I sharank and so don't wear hence it has survived.

Posted by: Cocaine Eyes ()
Date: May 31, 2015 19:34

The original red tongue on plain white t-shirt from 1972 Toronto.

CE smoking smiley

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: May 31, 2015 19:37

I used to have a New Barbarians shirt, but it's long gone. Right now, my Bobby Keys shirt, purchased at a 2012 club show, is probably the coolest. That's the one I'll wear in Detroit if I decide to go.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: May 31, 2015 19:37

Oldest: 1981 dragon design from L.A. Coliseum.

Coolest: 2003 Vredenburg.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: May 31, 2015 20:30

The "venue only" shirt from the MGM Grand in Las Vegas from the Bigger Bang tour..

Partially because of the graphics, but mostly because of the amazing time I had at the show.. front row B stage.. had a blast.

Runner up?
The "venue only" shirt from the same tour in Madison Square Garden.. listed every sold out show played there to that point..(20)

And the newest favorite (sorry can't pick just one)
The Fonda Theatre event shirt..

Even though I didn't get in.. I earned it trying and was in the (bar) building..
cool smiley

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-31 20:41 by MisterDDDD.

Posted by: sdstonesguy ()
Date: May 31, 2015 21:54

I have the Vredenburg shirt too, but frankly, I do not think it is very attractive.

My Shep. Bush shirt I really like, the map tongue on the back is pretty cool.

The Holland 2003 shirt is pretty cool with the orange tongues. Makes for a good SF Giants shirt too (same colors)!

The Halloween Staples shirt looks really cool to me. The worn look with the fangs is really nice.

MSG 2003 looks really cool with the flame tongue.

I also like the Vegas 2005 shirt...a different tongue.

Lastly, the 1989 large tongue shirt has always looked good to me too.

I have all of these...others too of course...but these stand out the most for me. I just wish they had made a Wiltern shirt.

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: May 31, 2015 21:59

Usually I'm not very much into event merchandise but thanks to RoughJusticeOnYa I now own this one which I find pretty cool.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: May 31, 2015 22:06

sdstonesguy
I have the Vredenburg shirt too, but frankly, I do not think it is very attractive.

Perhaps it's the Dutch heritage in me and/or the fact that I'm an artist who has studied Van Gogh and other Dutch artists extensively since I was a kid all the way through graduate school.
And perhaps it's because this was one of the greatest weeks in my life - the Stones in the Netherlands 2003!
At any rate, beauty is indeed in the eye of the beholder - one man's junk is another man's treasure, etc., etc., etc.

With that said, I also like the Vegas shirt which MisterDDDD posted above - I also have it...somewhere.

And a nod goes out to the Sweden t-shirt from 2003 with the Viking horns coming out of the tongue...perhaps it's the Viking in me that likes that one!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-31 22:09 by Hairball.

Posted by: 751st ()
Date: May 31, 2015 22:35

A bootleg with holes in it from New Orleans in 1978 & a New Barbarians T in perfect condition from Ft Worth in 1979.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: May 31, 2015 23:08

Keith – main offender tour t-shirt Europe 1992 (don't know if that counts)

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: May 31, 2015 23:14

A Little Boy Blue & The Blue Boys singlet from 1962

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Darin75 ()
Date: May 31, 2015 23:38

751st
A bootleg with holes in it from New Orleans in 1978 & a New Barbarians T in perfect condition from Ft Worth in 1979.
Can you get a picture of the New Orleans shirt on here?

Posted by: onlystones ()
Date: June 1, 2015 00:29

I have one with a picture of MJ holding a mike, bent in the shape of an S. Its a very famous picture. Probably Europe '73.

I am wearing it to Nashville.

Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: June 1, 2015 00:31

slewan
Keith – main offender tour t-shirt Europe 1992 (don't know if that counts)

definitely counts.

Posted by: ROPENI ()
Date: June 1, 2015 02:07

From TOTA MSG 75,l have many more from different tours but this one is my all time favorite....

"No dope smoking no beer sold after 12 o'clock"

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: June 1, 2015 02:26

Urban Jungle Europe 1990 with the picture of mick from the album cover of Love You Live on the front of it. You can see me wearing it in the closing credits of Sweet Summer Sun showing the crowd dispersing after HP2 (with Hide your Love from GHS as the background music)

To gigs I often wear my US flag T shirt from the Licks Tour. You can see me here in Oslo last year. I haven't bought any new merchandise since the Licks Tour as I think they're all much of s muchness.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-01 02:53 by grzegorz67.

Posted by: NoCode0680 ()
Date: June 1, 2015 02:39

Darin75
Mine would be a shirt from the Cotton Bowl 1975

That's awesome, you have a pic of it? I wish I had gotten to see The Stones at the Cotton Bowl. I saw some football games there though, I went to the Cotton Bowl Classic a lot growing up. I was at both of the Notre Dame/Texas A&M games in '93 and '94. '94 is when they last played there, but I was only about 14 and not really into the Stones yet. It would be a couple of years before I'd care about them, and the Texas Motor Speedway show in '97 was my first show. I didn't get a shirt though. I planned on it, but long story short I wound up not getting one. I actually didn't buy any Stones shirts until recent years. None are actually old, some are made to look like it I guess. For instance one is a '75 tour shirt, but it was probably made 6 months ago and I wasn't even alive in 1975.

It's funny to see/hear about these old Stones concerts taking place around here in Dallas/Ft. Worth, places I grew up around but never figured had anything to do with the Stones. Like I said, I grew up going to the Cotton Bowl all the time for football games, and I see things like Ladies and Gentlemen where they're playing at the Fort Worth Convention Center. Which I went to some as a kid on a couple of field trips and when I was older went to some minor league hockey games at. Or Some Girls Live In Texas '78 at Will Rogers Memorial Center, where I also went to a lot as a kid for field trips and stuff. Usually for some boring crap, nothing nearly as cool as a Stones concert.

Posted by: Rollin' Stoner ()
Date: June 1, 2015 03:10

Posted by: NoCode0680 ()
Date: June 1, 2015 03:14

Rollin' Stoner

I LOVE that shirt. I saw that on somebody in one of those pictures from the JFK '78 show and wanted one so bad. Somebody in that thread told me they had one, was that you?

Posted by: Rollin' Stoner ()
Date: June 1, 2015 03:18

NoCode0680
Rollin' Stoner

I LOVE that shirt. I saw that on somebody in one of those pictures from the JFK '78 show and wanted one so bad. Somebody in that thread told me they had one, was that you?
wasn't me....got this one at the Anaheim '78 "shoes all over the stage" show...it is a great looking shirt...still fits...i'm a shrimp

Posted by: peoplewitheyes ()
Date: June 1, 2015 03:32

That T-shirt (78) is the bomb. I wish you could still buy this one

Posted by: 1969Fan ()
Date: June 1, 2015 03:52

I have 2 long sleeve shirts from an Oct 1981 show at the Coliseum in LA. Prince, J Geils, George Thorogood and the Stones. Prince got booed off the stage. Either the shirts have shrunk or I, heaven forbid, have expanded. I can't wear them. But my wife can.

She wore one of them at a show they did at the Forum in March 2006. A guy offered her $200 for it. Problem was that she didn't have anything on underneath it.

Just as well. Memories last. $200 would be gone in a day or 2.

Posted by: CaptainCorella ()
Date: June 1, 2015 05:04

Oldest: My 2 European Tour 1973 T-shirts which still fit me (just).

Coolest: Joint winners here. The Shepherds' Bush T-shirt ties with a rather special tour jacket I was given.

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Posted by: jrcjohnny99 ()
Date: June 1, 2015 05:52

Only started seeing the Stones in 1990 so nothing earlier than that,
My two faves tho;
The Staples 02 shirt referenced above with the horns on the tongue
The Forum 06 shirt, like that ABB MSG shirt that has all the old Forum dates listed on the back.

Posted by: stones2000 ()
Date: June 1, 2015 06:41

I have a Keith shirt that's not really rare, but I really like it. I wore it to the San Diego show (although you wouldn't have known it cause I ended up having to wear a coat over it, it was kinda breezy). This just shows the design on it, I got it off eBay

Plus I have this hoodie. Again, not rare, but cool

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-01 07:07 by stones2000.

Posted by: Powerage5 ()
Date: June 1, 2015 06:44

The oldest I have is the Toronto '89 event shirt with the Steel Wheels album cover on the front and show info on the back. The "coolest" I have I'd have to say is the Circus Maximus shirt from the Rome gig last year.

Posted by: stones2000 ()
Date: June 1, 2015 06:55

Deleted

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-01 06:56 by stones2000.

Posted by: boston2006 ()
Date: June 1, 2015 13:05

Hartford , CT 1981

Posted by: bitman ()
Date: January 26, 2017 08:04

CaptainCorella
Oldest: My 2 European Tour 1973 T-shirts which still fit me (just).

Coolest: Joint winners here. The Shepherds' Bush T-shirt ties with a rather special tour jacket I was given.

Any pics to share Captain?

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2197
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home