Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 2 of 6
Re: Petition against Kid Rock opening for the Stones
Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: May 30, 2015 16:01

There sure is a sense of entitlement in this. If you don't like him, just don't listen to his set. What's next, a petition against Chuck Leavell appearing on stage?

Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: May 30, 2015 16:03

Nikkei
.....What's next, a petition against Chuck Leavell appearing on stage?

good god man, you're a genius. let's do it!

Posted by: SonicDreamer ()
Date: May 30, 2015 16:58

One band worthy of supporting them is The Last Internationale.
I bet Mick would enjoy duetting with Delia, ha ha ha ha.

Cheers,
SonicD

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: May 30, 2015 17:42

I've dreaded seeing some opening acts n the past and ended up a fan. Hall and Oates, Jethro Tull come to mind.

You've already paid, might as well give them a chance.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: May 30, 2015 17:45

Turner68
Nikkei
.....What's next, a petition against Chuck Leavell appearing on stage?

good god man, you're a genius. let's do it!

one certainly must give credit where credit is due.

Date: May 30, 2015 17:45

little queenie

.....and do you think Kid Rock ate that big cat he's holding in that pic?

OK... You got me there!

Posted by: erbissell ()
Date: May 30, 2015 17:54

Love him or hate him, every seat in the house at any kid rock show is only 20$ no matter the venue. He comes out and gives it everything for 2.5-3 hours. I saw zz top open for him a couple hears ago, really awesome concert. I don't care for his music, but he is one of the more engaging live performers I have ever seen.
Like Ive said on other threads...QUIT BITCHING. Or I guess keep bitching, it provides some entertainment for the rest of us sane people.

Nothing is more fun than whining about the people who are whining about the people who are whining about the people whining about their favorite band in the world, why else would I go on the internet?

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: May 30, 2015 18:05

Kurt
Kid Rock is a fuckinGREAT choice as an opener.

In my NOT so humble opinion.

I go to see EVERY opening band that I can.
You never know when you're going to be suprised.
IORR.

Spot on! I am not personally a fan of Kid Rock's music but I'd totally see his performance if I was there tonight!

Regarding the hunting it seems absolutely comedic... You want us to boycott someone for hunting based on your morally superior view that hunting is evil and unjustified. Well to that I say that I find adultery far more offensive than hunting! So maybe we should start a petition where the Stones don't get to play in the Stones. Let's ask everyone in the band if they've ever been unfaithful. What a crock! Bottom line, you wouldn't be a Stones fan unless you were at the least, tolerant of sin. High horse not needed!

Btw I love your screen name and wish they'd bring back the Chuck Berry songs!

Posted by: The Stones ()
Date: May 30, 2015 18:16

Great post flacnvinyl!!! Count me in, let's boycott all warm-up acts and headliners, like our boys, Charlie Watts excluded of course, who support illicit sex!!!smiling smileysmiling smileysmiling smiley

Posted by: stonesfrkk ()
Date: May 30, 2015 18:36

Don't judge a book by it's cover when I was living in Malibu in 05, I thought I didn't like him by all his antics, but one day I was going in to eat at coogie's and I was like 10 feet away and he opened the door for me and say's how are you today sir I was taking back that's for sure that he was that nice. I said wow that 's nice of you Kid rock your a butler now we both started laughing.

Posted by: forsure ()
Date: May 30, 2015 18:44

erbissell
Love him or hate him, every seat in the house at any kid rock show is only 20$ no matter the venue

Last I checked there were platinum, vip and reserved tickets for well over 20. Those 20s are like lucky dip, but a good marketin ploy for his USA USA USA fan base. Aside from that his music is a joke, he is a clown. If I was over 15 years old and found my self liking that crap I'd need to do a serious self inventory of where I was in life. I could give a shit about his politics I'll sign on the basis that he just sucks

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-30 18:45 by forsure.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: May 30, 2015 18:45

Nikkei
There sure is a sense of entitlement in this. If you don't like him, just don't listen to his set. What's next, a petition against Chuck Leavell appearing on stage?

That sounds fantastic!

Date: May 30, 2015 19:10

This thread makes want to scream! If I petitioned against every artist/musician/person I disagreed with it would be a very lonely world. Some of you need to get a thick skin and move on. Jeez!

Posted by: MrThompsonWooft ()
Date: May 30, 2015 20:16

corriecas
What are people so wound up for., regarding who is support act. .. The Stones are on Tour!!!
grab a beer during the support act and Enjoy THE STONES !!!!
Jeroen

That's about the best advice you can get!

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: May 30, 2015 20:20

kovach
I've dreaded seeing some opening acts n the past and ended up a fan. Hall and Oates, Jethro Tull come to mind.

Now I'm curious! When has Tull opened for the Stones? (RnR Circus don't count)

Posted by: pt99 ()
Date: May 30, 2015 20:48

Kid Rock is the real deal. Plus puts on a GREAT show. This is INANE

Posted by: MRJIMMMY ()
Date: May 30, 2015 20:54

potus43
Kid Rock is the real deal. Plus puts on a GREAT show. This is INANE

yer right on !! this thread is a joke. betting he will be onstage with the stones and kickin it !smileys with beer

Posted by: jrcjohnny99 ()
Date: May 30, 2015 20:58

Icetraders
Not a big Kid Rock fan, but he will put on a hell of a show. I'd rather see him than the opening acts in Arlington and Orlando.

Grace Potter is opening in Dallas and she smokes; make sure you see her, you will not be disappointed

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: May 30, 2015 21:04

These online petitions seem kind of a joke anyway, no? What do they do except get people riled up enough to sign their name to them, then what? Is someone going to present this petition to the Columbus promoter? Send it to the Stones management? Just seems like a complete waste of time.Perhaps there are some out there that have helped instigate some real change but ones like this are beyond stupid.

I'm not really a Kid Rock fan but I'm hoping he gets onstage and friggin' rocks the house. Leaves some Stones fans with their mouths and minds open. Of all the warm up acts announced, I actually believe Kid Rock might be just be just the one to pull it off. smoking smiley

peace

Posted by: pt99 ()
Date: May 30, 2015 21:07

Because they have an AGENDA

Date: May 30, 2015 21:32

Nikkei
kovach

Now I'm curious! When has Tull opened for the Stones? (RnR Circus don't count)

Oh, sorry, I wasn't necessarily talking about only Stones opening acts. I saw Tull open for ELP once. And Hall and Oates open for ELO. Couldn't stand Tull or Hall and Oates but their live shows changed my opinion.

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: May 30, 2015 21:34

Does an opening act really matter that much? It's not like you're putting down money for a ticket to see an opener, you're paying to see the headliner. Openers are just extras. One can always arrive later rather than earlier, or wander outside cruising the concessions and T-shirt stalls.

I wonder what would happen if Prince opened for them today....

Date: May 30, 2015 21:34

erbissell
Love him or hate him, every seat in the house at any kid rock show is only 20$ no matter the venue. He comes out and gives it everything for 2.5-3 hours. I saw zz top open for him a couple hears ago, really awesome concert. I don't care for his music, but he is one of the more engaging live performers I have ever seen.
Like Ive said on other threads...QUIT BITCHING. Or I guess keep bitching, it provides some entertainment for the rest of us sane people.

Nothing is more fun than whining about the people who are whining about the people who are whining about the people whining about their favorite band in the world, why else would I go on the internet?

Not only does he force the ticket prices to be low, he also insists on souvineers such as t-shirts and such remain low, like $20, and even concessions like $5 beers which is a bargain in just about any venue these days.

Date: May 30, 2015 21:37

Naturalust
These online petitions seem kind of a joke anyway, no? What do they do except get people riled up enough to sign their name to them, then what? Is someone going to present this petition to the Columbus promoter? Send it to the Stones management? Just seems like a complete waste of time.Perhaps there are some out there that have helped instigate some real change but ones like this are beyond stupid.

I'm not really a Kid Rock fan but I'm hoping he gets onstage and friggin' rocks the house. Leaves some Stones fans with their mouths and minds open. Of all the warm up acts announced, I actually believe Kid Rock might be just be just the one to pull it off. smoking smiley

peace

I will admit I got a kick out of the petition to get Nickelback off the Detroit Lions Thanksgiving halftime show!

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: May 30, 2015 22:37

kovach
I will admit I got a kick out of the petition to get Nickelback off the Detroit Lions Thanksgiving halftime show!

lol. Yeah I got a kick out of the one against Kayne headlining that festival a while back too. So I guess they do have some value as entertainment. smoking smiley

I used to like the competition aspect that used to exist of the opener smoking the headliner, always made for some good performances. Not sure it happened all that often, arguably Skynyrd did it to the Stones. Gun's and Roses gave it a pretty good try, but failed unless you ask Axl Rose.

In all my concert going experience I saw it happen only once. When Heart completely blew REO Speedwagon away many years ago. Those girls just rocked the house that night, even killing on a couple Zepplin tunes, by the time REO hit the stage they didn't stand a chance.

peace

Date: May 30, 2015 23:50

I think Kid Rock would be an amazingly fun opener...he has sold more records that all the other openers put together i think.

though why he didnt open in hometown DTW is beyond me.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: May 30, 2015 23:56

I think Kid Rock is really talented, and so did Ahmet Ertegun. (I always seem to think these unpopular people are really talented, admittedly.) Not everybody is going to like every band, but I think these are a really solid bunch of openers.

Posted by: crumbling_mice ()
Date: May 30, 2015 23:59

I don;t even waste my time with opening acts very often...they usually get a shit sound level, shit lighting and try too hard to please. Such times are better utilsed having a spliff and preparing for the real act.

I remember being at Kebworth in 79, i was there primarily to see Zeppelin, they were plaing two saturdays in August the 4th andn 11th. Initially it was supposed to be one show but due to demand they put on a second and that is the one I ended up with a ticket for. Anyway, The New Barbarians were the last act on before the Stones, obviously I didn;t know this when I applied for my ticket and was overjoyed at the prospect of see Keith and Ronnie etc, consequently on the day of the gig, after enduing Chas and Dave, Commanader COdy, Todd Rundgren, Southside Johnny I was very much looking forward to seeing The Barbarians almost as much as Zeppelin.

TO cut a long story short, they eventually came on quite late (it was rumoured due to Keith arguing with peter Grant about getting paid before he went on, I've no idea if tis is correct) Keith immediatly says something along the lines of I know you're not really here to see us so we'll keep it short!!! I was so pissed off. THey did a great set and were off...Zeppelin were amazing by the way! It finished very late and I ended up sleeping in a bed of nettles in the grounds of Knebworth House....good times!

Posted by: harald2002 ()
Date: May 31, 2015 00:00

Ism looking forward to kidrock!

Posted by: whirlegreg ()
Date: May 31, 2015 02:31

The Kid is the real deal! Don't believe everything you read..he is generous to a fault in his home state and Detroit and beyond...often times on the down low. He is a wild and crazy guy but hey this is Rock n Roll Baby! Give him a chance he will rock your socks off with many catchy riffs! Think of the lengthy list of performers he has worked with....He wants to pass it on just as Keith does....enjoy the show!

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 2 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1188
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home