Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 4 of 6
Re: Petition against Kid Rock opening for the Stones
Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: June 1, 2015 17:57

What a piece of white trash he is. Scum to to music and the USA

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: June 1, 2015 18:48

BREAKING NEWS:

The petition failed.
Kid Rock opened for the Stones.

From cleveland.com:

"Detroit's Kid Rock proved a worthy opener, filling his 45 minutes with fun songs, including his hit "All Summer Long,'' and showing off his skills as a guitarist, DJ and drummer as well as vocalist and songwriter.

But I have to imagine the guy from Detroit sort of empathized with the feeling of those of us who live in Ohio after getting to hear and see the legendary Rolling Stones one more time:

Grateful."

Posted by: Stones50 ()
Date: June 1, 2015 18:49

INDEED! Too bad he wasn't opening all the shows.

Posted by: stanlove ()
Date: June 1, 2015 18:51

RockinJive
I hope to meet this guy so I can give him a bar of soap. He's a piece of dirt. I got to the Stadium late but got a chance to flip him off a bunch of times.

I have always noticed that in the entertainment business right wingers are a lot more tolerant of left wingers then left winger are of right wingers. When an entertainer is a right winger the lefties go nuts, they are not used to celebs having different views.

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: June 1, 2015 18:53

stanlove,

You, my friend, are brilliant.

Date: June 1, 2015 19:08

stanlove
RockinJive
I hope to meet this guy so I can give him a bar of soap. He's a piece of dirt. I got to the Stadium late but got a chance to flip him off a bunch of times.

I have always noticed that in the entertainment business right wingers are a lot more tolerant of left wingers then left winger are of right wingers. When an entertainer is a right winger the lefties go nuts, they are not used to celebs having different views.

You, my friend, are 100% on point.

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: June 1, 2015 19:11

I really don't care about his political opinion, but this Bin Laden comment was totally off. Weird vibes.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: June 1, 2015 21:51

stanlove
RockinJive

So which wing is Kid Rock perceived to be on, then? I'm most definitely a left winger but I think he's very talented, and in fact I'd never flip off an artist, no matter how much I disagreed with them. If s/he was someone I had philosophical objections against, I just wouldn't go till their set was over. But if not, it's just a question of showing simple respect. They're paid to perform, let them do their job.

Posted by: backstreetboy1 ()
Date: June 3, 2015 07:49

fogerty would blow the stones away,with there sleeper setlists.

Posted by: mandu ()
Date: June 3, 2015 08:12

I like Kid Rock

his music is pretty good

Feel The Fear
And Do It Anyway

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: June 3, 2015 09:10

Stones50
stanlove
RockinJive

You, my friend, are 100% on point.

I agree with this and i am as lefty as they get. I even think Dennis Miller is still a little funny. Most lefties are intolerant, as you say.

Posted by: rbk ()
Date: June 3, 2015 15:26

For folks who pat themselves on the back for their enlightenment and progressive tolerance lefties can sure be an intolerant bunch. ''Agree or shut up'' as it were. KID ROCK is huge especially in the Midwestern United States. He was likely added to help put asses in seats given that the OSU horseshoe is so massive. Apparently he did just that. No other date on the tour has an opener with the ticket and album sales numbers of KID ROCK but no other venue is as big as the Horseshoe.

Date: June 3, 2015 15:31

More Hot Rocks

Actually, Bob Ritchie came from a pretty well-to-do family. His father owned a chain of FORD dealerships throughout the Detroit area. "Kid Rock" was a character Bob invented after years of careful research and study of not only music but the music business as well. He made himself by himself and is the epitome of what makes the USA great whether you like it or not.

Date: June 3, 2015 18:41

Saw Kid Rock in Marion IL last year going to see him in Arkansas in Sept.

Kid Rock ROCKS

A very good and fun concert.

A rock and roll show

Posted by: AlanPartridge ()
Date: June 3, 2015 18:48

dcba
Btw who's Kid Rock?
Over here in Europe his fame amounts to nothing or next to nothing...

In Europe he's famous for knocking off Pamela Anderson

Date: June 3, 2015 18:55

rbk
More Hot Rocks

Actually, Bob Ritchie came from a pretty well-to-do family. His father owned a chain of FORD dealerships throughout the Detroit area. "Kid Rock" was a character Bob invented after years of careful research and study of not only music but the music business as well. He made himself by himself and is the epitome of what makes the USA great whether you like it or not.

Here here! Well done!

Posted by: RockinJive ()
Date: June 3, 2015 19:26

Scum

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: June 3, 2015 21:35

Kid Rock rocks . try sitting thru Kanye West as a opener for the stones twice (foxboro and Giants stadium 2006)

Posted by: stanlove ()
Date: June 3, 2015 21:49

RockinJive
Scum

Why is he scum?

Date: June 3, 2015 21:50

Kid Rock came along at a time when Michigan needed all the pride and confidence it could get. His act is 100% fun and just because he happens to wave the American flag rather than fashionably spit on it does not make him scum. There are dozens of private and public charities and social causes around Motown that he has generously endowed and not always publicly. Four times he has sold out the same venue where the Stones have yet to sell out once and he holds the attendance record for nearby DTE Energy Music Theatre (11 shows x 18,000 people each). He himself acknowledges he's not just rich but rather L-O-A-D-E-D and he got that way because people actually buy his records and tickets. His Summer concerts only cost $20 and the beers cost $4. How many times have the terminally self-righteous here complained about the cost of going to a show? Kid Rock is the only artist of which I am aware that has ever done anything about it. Sure there's streak of schlocky in what he does but no more so that those four old coots from London and their cast of hundreds production.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-03 21:59 by rbk.

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: June 4, 2015 06:25

Scum

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: June 4, 2015 06:27

This thread makes me laugh. I can still remember back in '81, my friends and I were so upset when Journey was the opening act. I still hate Journey.

Posted by: dougingb ()
Date: June 4, 2015 09:36

stanlove
latvianinexile
Don't know what this is about as link in first post not working.

But I will for sure boycott Kid Rock in the future. He is an undereducated idiot.

What he did tonight was inappropriate for a Rock concert, even more for a Stones concert, when the Stones in the past have said a thousand times that they are not making political statements or taking sides publicly.

Tonight Kid Rock presented on stage the killer of Osama Bin Laden and said something like because of him we can be here tonight...

My God lets hope you are joking. The killing of Bin Laden is supposed to be controversial? So many people just look for reasons to be offended.

If we wanted to get political here I could make a list of musicians who have backed a lot worse things then killing Bin Laden that I am sure you have seen.

++++++++++1

Date: June 4, 2015 09:37

Stones50
Kid Rock is cool
I agree 100 % !!!!!!!!

Date: June 4, 2015 09:39

rbk
Kid Rock came along at a time when Michigan needed all the pride and confidence it could get. His act is 100% fun and just because he happens to wave the American flag rather than fashionably spit on it does not make him scum. There are dozens of private and public charities and social causes around Motown that he has generously endowed and not always publicly. Four times he has sold out the same venue where the Stones have yet to sell out once and he holds the attendance record for nearby DTE Energy Music Theatre (11 shows x 18,000 people each). He himself acknowledges he's not just rich but rather L-O-A-D-E-D and he got that way because people actually buy his records and tickets. His Summer concerts only cost $20 and the beers cost $4. How many times have the terminally self-righteous here complained about the cost of going to a show? Kid Rock is the only artist of which I am aware that has ever done anything about it. Sure there's streak of schlocky in what he does but no more so that those four old coots from London and their cast of hundreds production.

Date: June 4, 2015 09:40

stanlove
RockinJive

No truer statement has ever been uttered!!!

Date: June 8, 2015 18:18

dougingb
stanlove
RockinJive

No truer statement has ever been uttered!!!

Liberal hypocrisy is the only constant in an ever changing world.

Date: June 8, 2015 20:59

I saw Kid Rock open for the Stones. It was ok at best.Certainly nothing I would pay to see again. There is a reason Kid rock charges only $20 for tickets to his white trash extravaganza concerts. I would have much rather had a great opener like Buddy Guy open for the Stones but I've also seen much worse openers in the past like the Black Eyed Peas which I thought were horrible.

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: June 9, 2015 00:44

its good to be anywhere
I saw Kid Rock open for the Stones. It was ok at best.Certainly nothing I would pay to see again. There is a reason Kid rock charges only $20 for tickets to his white trash extravaganza concerts. I would have much rather had a great opener like Buddy Guy open for the Stones but I've also seen much worse openers in the past like the Black Eyed Peas which I thought were horrible.

I don't think you'll get many arguments from anyone here, even Kid Rock fans (myself included) that Buddy Guy would certainly be the preferred opening act!

Posted by: sdstonesguy ()
Date: June 9, 2015 01:28

This thread really is human beings in a nutshell. Someone starts a thread saying let's not have a person who kills animals for fun be a Stones opener (which frankly Queenie, you had to know would go nowhere here & would end up as it did). The thread then goes on to something about how liberals are horrible people...blah blah blah. Tribalism is everything these days.

Queenie...had this been about Gary Glitter there would be the same people defending child rape b/c stopping it would be a liberal issue or something. Look at global warming...somehow cleaner air is a liberal issue...but only b/c of tribalism. It doesn't matter the issue...it is always like this and likely will remain this way. Morality is just what some politician tells you it is. If you're a liberal & your side's leaders tell you feeding the poor is moral, then you will believe it. If you are conservative & your side's leader tells you feeding the poor is evil b/c it makes those lazy jerks even lazier...you'll believe that too.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 4 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2230
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home