Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2425262728293031323334Next
Current Page: 32 of 34
Re: Private Rolling Stones gig at the Belly Up, Solana Beach San Diego tonight
Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: May 30, 2015 16:04

Plink
DeeGee
[www.utsandiego.com]

Thank you, DeeGee, for posting the link. IMO, everyone following this thread should click on it and read the whole story behind the Petco & Belly Up shows. Very moving. I admire Mr. Whitworth for the important work he is championing and wish him a full recovery.

Wow. If y'all haven't read the article at the link, you should.

All the best Mr. W.

Peace,
Mr DJA

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: May 30, 2015 17:11

Nikkei
Jryckman7 didn't claim to have been inside. He said he knows people that did and has contacts in the biz. That seems perfectly fine.

You're right. I misread his post. I don't think being in the music industry in any capacity gets you in this party anyway. I have colleagues who know Whitworth professionally and have participated with him in panels on corporate governance. A couple of them have kids at the same school. They are much more likely to have been invited to the show than people in the music biz. I wonder if any of them went to the show.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: May 30, 2015 17:44

Cocaine Eyes
corriecas
Cocaine eyes... do you by chance have any updates about possible London shows, or Europe for that matter, in 2016hot smileysmoking smiley

Thanks

jeroen

All I know is that there is talk amongst the band members (not in the planning stage yet) of continuing to perfom in 2016. Where? Sorry, I don't know that yet.

Source of my info = KR

As I always add: God willing; good health; no SNAFUS; no FUBARS.smiling smiley

CE smoking smiley

Snafus,Fubars.........
beats me what that means.
Jeroen

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: May 30, 2015 19:10

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: May 30, 2015 19:15

They ruint it by playing You Got Me Rocking! AUGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

Posted by: triceratops ()
Date: May 30, 2015 19:23

Redhotcarpet
Well sorry but that doesnt change anything. And if anything it would be good if the earth was warmer again. It's freezing cold in Sweden right now. The climates of the world are not affected by man but mainly by solar activity. You can fly private jets every day for the rest of your life - doesnt make the world warmer or cooler. tongue sticking out smiley

Agree with you!!! And this is all I will say since BV does not want this on the forum.

Posted by: Long John Stoner ()
Date: May 30, 2015 19:42

corriecas
Cocaine Eyes
corriecas
Cocaine eyes... do you by chance have any updates about possible London shows, or Europe for that matter, in 2016hot smileysmoking smiley

Thanks

jeroen

All I know is that there is talk amongst the band members (not in the planning stage yet) of continuing to perfom in 2016. Where? Sorry, I don't know that yet.

Source of my info = KR

As I always add: God willing; good health; no SNAFUS; no FUBARS.smiling smiley

CE smoking smiley

Snafus,Fubars.........
beats me what that means.
Jeroen

snafu = situation normal, all f'd up

fubar = f'd up beyond all recognition

american sayings popular in slang but with origins in the military I believe.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-30 19:43 by Long John Stoner.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: May 30, 2015 19:44

Redhotcarpet
Well sorry but that doesnt change anything. And if anything it would be good if the earth was warmer again. It's freezing cold in Sweden right now. The climates of the world are not affected by man but mainly by solar activity. You can fly private jets every day for the rest of your life - doesnt make the world warmer or cooler. tongue sticking out smiley

Fyi it's currently 50+°C in India and 1000's of ppl have already died. The "global warming" thing means summers will be hotter, winters will be colder, thunderstorms will be more violent etc etc.
After 9/11 (when a ban was put on all US flights) a decrease of temperature of 1°C took place over the East Coast.

Don't worry if we're not smart about preserving the planet Mother Nature will do it for us killing us by millions.

And remember that Emil Cioran quote : "Earth has a skin disease : it's called humanity" smoking smiley

Date: May 30, 2015 20:03

Redhotcarpet
Turner68
however you're being extremely irresponsible with the environment if you are flying solo on private jet (it wasn't clear from your post if you're on a jet or just a single person aircraft or a helicopter). i too have flown on private air a bunch of times, and always made sure to have as many people on board as there seats (friends, co-workers, colleagues, etc.) to keep the carbon footprint low.

What exactly are you basing this on, the 0,000001% who support that view?

Posted by: Thru and Thru ()
Date: May 31, 2015 01:11

DeeGee, thanks for posting the link. That was quite a moving story and I suppose all of us who went to the Petco Park show have to thank Mr. Whitworth to some extent. All my best to him, I hope the treatment will ultimately cure him.

Thank you for your review by, sounds like a once in a lifetime experience, glad you managed to get inside.

Lose your dreams and you will lose your mind...

Posted by: MizzAmandaJonez ()
Date: May 31, 2015 01:39

Kahoosier: WORD

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: May 31, 2015 16:26

DandelionPowderman
Redhotcarpet
Turner68
however you're being extremely irresponsible with the environment if you are flying solo on private jet (it wasn't clear from your post if you're on a jet or just a single person aircraft or a helicopter). i too have flown on private air a bunch of times, and always made sure to have as many people on board as there seats (friends, co-workers, colleagues, etc.) to keep the carbon footprint low.

science, not politics or religion, but i wont discuss this in this thread since its a sensitive emotional topic to many. I dont think your estimation of the number of believers is correct though.

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: May 31, 2015 17:20

DandelionPowderman
Redhotcarpet
Turner68

Dandy, my country is filled with ignorant people, most of whim cite "science" to convince people that what they see and hear is not true. AS he says, it is way more than that minuscule %. Ignorance is our national pastime, we are too busy with the Kardashians and Benghazi.

Science = it's cold in Sweden, that proves man has not affected the earth's climate for the worse.

Polar icecaps melting? What?

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: May 31, 2015 18:52

Rokyfan
DandelionPowderman
Redhotcarpet
Turner68

Dandy, my country is filled with ignorant people, most of whim cite "science" to convince people that what they see and hear is not true. AS he says, it is way more than that minuscule %. Ignorance is our national pastime, we are too busy with the Kardashians and Benghazi.

Science = it's cold in Sweden, that proves man has not affected the earth's climate for the worse.

Polar icecaps melting? What?
i dont know what to tell you but sweden being cold was not what i meant with science. I wouldnt call scientists who use scientific methods within different fields like oceanography ignorant.

Posted by: Peterh ()
Date: June 2, 2015 18:33

1969Fan
Peterh
1969Fan
kate2
To 1969fan At least you are in the right city for the best treatment available. Did you grow up in LA? Hope you are well soon [i traveled to SAN show against dr. wishes with 4 broken vertebrae..just had to tip a lot of bellmen.]..

Thanks for the kind words. Yeah...I have plenty of options. A trip to SF to see them against doctor's orders? Sounds about right. I trust you came through it all OK.

I grew up a clueless white kid from Glendale and saw my first Stones concert Nov 8, 1969, LA Forum, 2nd show. BB King, Ike & Tina Turner, and the Stones. I wasn't a fan so I took an 8mm movie camera with me so I could get some footage for a student film. When I left the show (as the sun was rising) my jaw was on the ground. I had no idea what I had just seen, but was totally blown away. I had the good fortune of assisting Annie Leibovitz when she was the 1975 Stones tour photographer, and spent time with her during the Montauk rehearsals and again during the LA Forum shows. Those were times I treasure and will never forget.

Now I'm an old clueless white kid from Glendale. I can say that because after stops in Colorado and Connecticut, I'm back living in Glendale. And I'm still as much a fan now as I was when I walked out of the Forum around 5AM Nov 9 1969.

BTW...I have the 200' of 8mm Ektachrome I shot that night. It still looks great. I want to get it digitized so I can do something with it in Final Cut.

CONTACT FALO. There are tons of fans here who would LOVE to see that footage of yours!!!

Peterh...at the risk of exposing my considerable ignorance, who or what is FALO, and how does one contact him/ her / it?

send me an email at 'peterdenh' on my gmail

Posted by: chevysales ()
Date: June 2, 2015 18:36

mr_dja
Plink
DeeGee
[www.utsandiego.com]

Thank you, DeeGee, for posting the link. IMO, everyone following this thread should click on it and read the whole story behind the Petco & Belly Up shows. Very moving. I admire Mr. Whitworth for the important work he is championing and wish him a full recovery.

Wow. If y'all haven't read the article at the link, you should.

All the best Mr. W.

your entitled to your opinion as is the magazines and newspapers that write up the puff pieces but truth is.... that's not entirely true. there are back stories to everyone. and he crushed many on the way up top. some deeper reading required.

Posted by: Plink ()
Date: June 2, 2015 19:34

^^
Chevysales,
IMO, some "deeper reading" on your part might be in order vis a vis my post... I said, "I admire Mr. Whitworth for the important work he is championing" - meaning his involvement in the fight against cancer. I did not speak to his overall character, about which I know very little (but, as far as I know, he hasn't done any hard time for heinous acts against humanity).

You wrote "...the magazines and newspapers that write up the puff pieces but truth is.... that's not entirely true...."

What does that mean? Which aspects of the article are verifiably false? Are you insinuating that Mr. Whitworth is not playing a financially supportive role in the development and implementation of cutting edge cancer therapy?

Posted by: bv ()
Date: June 2, 2015 19:49

Are you talking about the Belly Up show here now? Remember that is what this thread is about...

Bjornulf

Behind the scenes story of the private SD gig
Posted by: wellalright ()
Date: June 2, 2015 17:33

It's an amazing story.(and makes onlystones' lies seem even more crass and distasteful) Here's to people that truly do great things.

[www.utsandiego.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-02 17:34 by wellalright.

Re: Behind the scenes story of the private SD gig
Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: June 2, 2015 17:40

wellalright
It's an amazing story.(and makes onlystones' lies seem even more crass and distasteful) Here's to people that truly do great things.

[www.utsandiego.com]

in onlystones defense, there once was a time when the rolling stones were crass and distasteful. he's just behind the times.

Posted by: LieB ()
Date: June 2, 2015 18:43

Cool stuff! We all wish we had been there.

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: June 2, 2015 22:23

Great article.
Thanks for posting it.

The invitation, of course, didn't mention The Stones, but it cryptically included their astrological signs!

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: June 2, 2015 22:47

Turner68
wellalright

[www.utsandiego.com]

in onlystones defense, there once was a time when the rolling stones were crass and distasteful. he's just behind the times.

we need a little crass and distasteful around here once in awhile,there are days when we look like a book club...."and so what do you think mick actually meant by the lyric in the 3rd verse where he says...."

Posted by: djgab ()
Date: June 2, 2015 23:05

thanks for this amazing true story.

Date: June 2, 2015 23:23

THe invitation is cool! Thanks for posting this story, its an eye opener.

Date: June 2, 2015 23:36

Great article. Thanks for posting.

Posted by: TornAndFried ()
Date: June 3, 2015 09:14

wellalright

[www.utsandiego.com]

Has it been verified beyond a reasonable doubt that onlystones fabricated his story about attending the Belly Up show? Was there an actual confession?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-03 09:15 by TornAndFried.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: June 3, 2015 09:45

Was Björnulf the only iorr:ian attending the Belly Up gig?

Date: June 3, 2015 10:08

There's no proof "beyond a reasonable doubt." Hey, Onlystones had a great time at Whitworth's party. He sounds like he can basically do whatever he wants!

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: June 3, 2015 10:10

TornAndFried
Has it been verified beyond a reasonable doubt that onlystones fabricated the story about attending the Belly Up show? Was there an actual confession?

Close enough - s/he posted something like "well you were amused weren't you", and is apparently a female

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2425262728293031323334Next
Current Page: 32 of 34

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1783
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home