Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1920212223242526272829...LastNext
Current Page: 24 of 34
Re: Private Rolling Stones gig at the Belly Up, Solana Beach San Diego tonight
Posted by: StonedAsia ()
Date: May 29, 2015 02:46

Reading this thread has been an eye opener. I'm not jealous of those lucky few IORRians who got in, just a tad envious! I am seriously happy for those who made it in. It's a dream of mine which will probably never come true; the smallest venue I've ever seen the Stones in was in Singapore and then, I think, Hong Kong next. I'd love to see them in a small club some day but alas, I can only dream! smileys with beer

Posted by: donvis ()
Date: May 29, 2015 02:49

Onlystones's silence speaks volumes.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: May 29, 2015 03:01

donvis
Onlystones's silence speaks volumes.

I think he's over at Rocks Off giving the play by play for his journey to tonight's secret show. grinning smiley

peace

Posted by: onlystones ()
Date: May 29, 2015 03:09

No I'm here.

Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: May 29, 2015 03:12

swimtothemoon
Hookers, bribes, Limos and wades of cash. Sounds like a bad 70's movie to me.

Or a Stones bootleg.

Date: May 29, 2015 03:16

onlystones
No I'm here.

eye popping smiley. Actually glad you still are. Any news on another show tonight? No need to defend yourself in any way but a few more show details for the sake of us who are truly interested would be welcome. Much Thanks.

peace

Posted by: donvis ()
Date: May 29, 2015 03:20

onlystones
No I'm here.
Well what happened at the show?

Posted by: Sighunt ()
Date: May 29, 2015 03:21

donvis
onlystones
No I'm here.

....inquiring minds want to know (LOL)!

Posted by: 2120Wolf ()
Date: May 29, 2015 03:51

Sighunt
donvis
onlystones
No I'm here.

This is not that hard to figure out...it's an easy one....
The Rolling Stones probably played some Rock N' Roll ????
Songs that we have probably even heard live before.....

Posted by: bv ()
Date: May 29, 2015 03:56

Please don't make offending jokes about Ralph Whitworth. He could have paid for any band for his party but he paid for the Stones. He took the check. He brought great friends and associates to his party. They were a great crowd. It was a blast for everyone in the room including the Stones.

And please do not argue about this. He is more successful than you and me. That means he is smart. He makes things work. I would admire any person who had the money to buy anything, but rather than buying a million dollar car, he is getting the Stones for a private show. I would do the same, if I could.

Bjornulf

Posted by: StonesSoCal ()
Date: May 29, 2015 03:58

Good post BV. Congrats again on getting in! Ralph is highly respected here in San Diego.

Posted by: Reagan ()
Date: May 29, 2015 04:02

1969Fan
...any day you wake up on the right side of the dirt is a good day.

So true.

Stay strong and get through this.

Edit: Just saw that you responded to my post on the Fonda thread. Sorry to be redundant.

The day the new SF arrives in your mailbox will be a sweet day indeed.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-29 04:21 by Reagan.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: May 29, 2015 04:04

2120Wolf
Sighunt
donvis
onlystones
No I'm here.

This is not that hard to figure out...it's an easy one....
The Rolling Stones probably played some Rock N' Roll ????
Songs that we have probably even heard live before.....

thumbs up

Seriously, this has become the inquisition of onlystones with a mob mentality.
Who really gives a crap whether he was there or not? After reading his detailed adventure, I can only hope he was...

Time to move on and speculate whether or not there will be any other small shows during this tour.

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: May 29, 2015 04:07

Admiration for the wealthy .... now that's what rock and roll has really always been all about eye rolling smiley

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-29 13:59 by tatters.

Posted by: tumblingdice ()
Date: May 29, 2015 04:12

tatters
Admiration for the wealthy is really what rock and roll is all about grinning smiley
It truly is! The band most of us admire most haven't been anything but wealthy for over 50 years. Nothing wrong with that at all.

Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: May 29, 2015 04:16

bv
Please don't make offending jokes about Ralph Whitworth. He could have paid for any band for his party but he paid for the Stones. He took the check. He brought great friends and associates to his party. They were a great crowd. It was a blast for everyone in the room including the Stones.

And please do not argue about this. He is more successful than you and me. That means he is smart. He makes things work. I would admire any person who had the money to buy anything, but rather than buying a million dollar car, he is getting the Stones for a private show. I would do the same, if I could.

Your premise is completely wrong. There is a very low correlation between becoming wealthy and being smart or doing worthwhile things.

Date: May 29, 2015 04:21

bv

more successful than you and me
That all depends on how you gauge success...(Corporate Finance yes I agree, you and I are not billionaires.
However we have to include Spiritually..Trustworthiness...Honesty...Loyalty...Who pays the price for ones decisions...and a list of others. I am not impressed or intimidated by ones wealth...It means nothing to me, however I appreciate your dedication and all your hard work...Always remember BV Success is a State of Mind, not a cast of judgement....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-29 04:22 by 2120Wolf.

Date: May 29, 2015 04:21

tumblingdice
tatters
Admiration for the wealthy is really what rock and roll is all about grinning smiley
It truly is! The band most of us admire most haven't been anything but wealthy for over 50 years. Nothing wrong with that at all.

True, but it's only in the last 15 years or so that they've required their biggest fans to be wealthy as well.

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: May 29, 2015 04:24

Turner68
bv

Your premise is completely wrong. There is a very low correlation between becoming wealthy and being smart or doing worthwhile things.

Too true, there are plenty of people with loadsamoney who got there by being dishonest, ruthless/murderous, cunning, lucky etc etc, maybe smart but not necessarily...........

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-29 04:25 by EddieByword.

Date: May 29, 2015 04:24

Turner68
bv

Agreed Turner

Posted by: SharksWillCry ()
Date: May 29, 2015 04:30

Hairball
Seriously, this has become the inquisition of onlystones with a mob mentality.
Who really gives a crap whether he was there or not? After reading his detailed adventure, I can only hope he was...

The only fishy thing I noticed was when he reported wanting to go home and blast the UMG Some Girls remaster. I don't know if I can believe that someone would do that. Other than that, the story is entirely plausible. Lack of attention to little details like that can blow a hole right through the narrative.

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: May 29, 2015 04:32

tatters
tumblingdice
tatters

True, but it's only in the last 15 years or so that they've required their biggest fans to be wealthy as well.

Plus, that's not why I admire them if admire is the right word, initially it was an interest and acknowledgement of their creative abilities and latterly the cracking live shows they put on, notwithstanding the over cautious setlist situation........nothing to do with the limos and lear jets.....there's planty of reprehensible scum with limos and learjets that wouldn't get my time let alone admiration.........

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-29 04:35 by EddieByword.

Date: May 29, 2015 04:33

2120Wolf
bv

more successful than you and me
That all depends on how you gauge success...(Corporate Finance yes I agree, you and I are not billionaires.
However we have to include Spiritually..Trustworthiness...Honesty...Loyalty...Who pays the price for ones decisions...and a list of others. I am not impressed or intimidated by ones wealth...It means nothing to me, however I appreciate your dedication and all your hard work...Always remember BV Success is a State of Mind, not a cast of judgement....

thumbs up Well said Wolf. Couldn't agree more. How people measure success tells us more about the person than anything about the true meaning of success.

peace

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-29 18:09 by Naturalust.

Posted by: mickboy ()
Date: May 29, 2015 04:38

This is just unreal........
mickboy

Posted by: tumblingdice ()
Date: May 29, 2015 04:39

tatters
tumblingdice
tatters

Now that made me lol. I do wish I could be one of the wealthy ones, instead of having to go negative in my bank account to go to a show.

Posted by: DEmerson ()
Date: May 29, 2015 04:41

Mick posted on facebook that he's leaving CA and going to Toronto and then later Chicago. Hmmmm...

APOLOGIES - I looked again and someone for some reason had posted a pic of Mick from 2013. Nevermind.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-29 05:07 by DEmerson.

Posted by: roller99 ()
Date: May 29, 2015 04:47

DEmerson
Mick posted on facebook that he's leaving CA and going to Toronto and then later Chicago. Hmmmm...

Hmm, I wonder what's going on in T.O......

Posted by: angee ()
Date: May 29, 2015 04:50

Beautiful photo, tatters.

~"Love is Strong"~

Date: May 29, 2015 04:55

angee
Beautiful photo, tatters.

I think the naked dude might be one of the admirable Rockefeller cousins. You know, the one they never talk about tongue sticking out smiley

Posted by: JTHanis ()
Date: May 29, 2015 05:03

EddieByword
Turner68
bv

Too true, there are plenty of people with loadsamoney who got there by being dishonest, ruthless/murderous, cunning, lucky etc etc, maybe smart but not necessarily...........

Exactly - some are just plain stupid. I'm amazed that such a statement was made. I can't decide if it's just being naive or ignorant. I'm leaning towards the latter.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1920212223242526272829...LastNext
Current Page: 24 of 34

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2111
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home