Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345678
Current Page: 8 of 8
Re: Post your favorite photos of young Mick & Keith here
Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: July 1, 2015 01:25

Aquamarine
It was probably just a skin-care tip, cold showers are great for tightening pores.

winking smiley

Best post of the week! I love you, Aqua...HAAAAAAAAA! smileys with beer

Posted by: swiss ()
Date: July 1, 2015 03:37

Wait, why should BCS appeal to bv?

She's right in what she perceived and articulated. As echoed by other women here. Not just me.

There is sexism on this board. There always has been. There's nothing to talk about....is there really?

As a woman, you either rage against the machine hoping it will change (it will not here), deny the reality of this to yourself, be a good sport about it, say boys will be boys, and/or see clearly what's what and consider it simply the reality of this place if you wanna stay and play.

I came across someone's comment last night re: every time he looks at a photo of one of the Rolling Stones wives, he gets so turned on he can "cut glass."

If a woman said anything remotely similar here..."to the cold shower with you!"

Anyhoo, it's an elephant in the room. But it is BV's room, and the culture resonates with many here, so basically a woman must suck it up or ignore it.

- swiss

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: July 1, 2015 03:55

Great posts LADIES.

As "stonesrule" my favorite posts are the assorted males who call me "Dude" and tell me that I don't know what I'm talking about.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: July 1, 2015 04:03

swiss

She's right in what she perceived and articulated. As echoed by other women here. Not just me.

There is sexism on this board. There always has been. There's nothing to talk about....is there really?

As a woman, you either rage against the machine hoping it will change (it will not here), deny the reality of this to yourself, be a good sport about it, say boys will be boys, and/or see clearly what's what and consider it simply the reality of this place if you wanna stay and play.

I came across someone's comment last night re: every time he looks at a photo of one of the Rolling Stones wives, he gets so turned on he can "cut glass."

Anyhoo, it's an elephant in the room. But it is BV's room, and the culture resonates with many here, so basically a woman must suck it up or ignore it.

- swiss
The culture doesn't resonate with all of us (males) here, swiss.. and I for one applaud you (and others) for speaking out about it.

I find a lot the sexist comments inappropriate (at best)and quickly move past them. There certainly should be standards for all the posts, but there shoudn't be double standards.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: July 1, 2015 04:12

swiss

- swiss

It doesn't resonate with me, I appreciate equality in all things...but I do believe dialogue is a better start to a solution than to accept things which are unfair. At some level, you obviously believe so too swiss or you probably wouldn't be naming the perceived elephant. winking smiley And since it is bv's room, dialogue with him seems the most probably effective.

I don't really know what happened here, but I know when the ladies are stirred up it's best to take notice. We need more women here not less, imo

Posted by: Thrylan ()
Date: July 1, 2015 04:19

I am at a point where when I here a comment like "cut glass....", I find it somewhat awkward- I'm not in Jr High anymore. Hope you ladies keep dusting off the line, and let us know if/when we've crossed it!

Date: July 1, 2015 04:25

Haven't followed the thread.. but hope this one isn't (or wasn't) amongst the offending pics... to anyone. Kinda funny.

Date: July 1, 2015 04:41

A fave..

Posted by: alieb ()
Date: July 1, 2015 06:57

swiss

- swiss

Very well-put
I am willing to bet that some of the comments made on here would never be made in real life... in my experience, with the exception of a certain thrice-banned member, they have been relatively few and far between. But they are definitely there. I hope none of this gets deleted because I think this has been a thoughtful discussion.

Re: The Rolling Stones
Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: July 1, 2015 10:04

brokecollegestudent
Last post I swear! Bv told me, and other posters including Tauk and I believe naturalust, to "take a hike.. Take a cold shower maybe two".

Yeah, I saw his post but didn't see any reason you would assume it was directed at you -
more likely it was addressed to posters whose posts, threads and/or accounts he deleted.
But as I said, maybe I missed something.

Goto Page: Previous12345678
Current Page: 8 of 8

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2384
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home