Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345678Next
Current Page: 7 of 8
Re: Post your favorite photos of young Mick & Keith here
Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: May 30, 2015 18:59

Date: May 30, 2015 20:48

Carolyn, thank you so much for all of the photos and thanks everyone else as well!! I ended up not being able to print anything on the shirt that I bought because it was black and 100% polyester (I called a few screen printing shops and they said it wasn't possible + I didn't want to ruin the shirt). I did score a last minute stones shirt online however, so I won't be there in a plain shirt at least!!! My guy and I are en route to columbus right now smiling smiley I can't believe it's today!

Cheers smiling smiley

Date: May 30, 2015 21:07

Also, I hope you had an amazing time in San Diego!!! How was the show?!

Posted by: alieb ()
Date: May 30, 2015 21:26

Hope you have an amazing time brokecollegestudent!

Date: May 30, 2015 21:40

Thanks alieb!!

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: June 28, 2015 00:45

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: June 28, 2015 00:47

Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: June 28, 2015 03:26

tauk
I LOVE this pic & I'm not real sure why...Kinda different look in this pic, at least for Mick who usually stays a little dressier in his clothing. Keith looks more menacing than usual here cool smiley

Again, unknown source/year/etc for this pic. Any info would be great.

OMG Tauk, I LOVE the pic too and I'm real sure why!!! You are a woman after my own heart

Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: June 28, 2015 18:06

never seen some of these. love em, keep em coming thanks..

Posted by: tauk ()
Date: June 29, 2015 08:03

steffialicia
tauk
I LOVE this pic & I'm not real sure why...Kinda different look in this pic, at least for Mick who usually stays a little dressier in his clothing. Keith looks more menacing than usual here cool smiley

Again, unknown source/year/etc for this pic. Any info would be great.

OMG Tauk, I LOVE the pic too and I'm real sure why!!! You are a woman after my own heart
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++to steffialicia from me, tauk. Thanks I'm glad you like this pic. Yes, you & I seem to come from the same place re. guys. By now I have figured out why I like this pic so much-it's because of what you helped to clarify in my mind a couple weeks ago about liking the BAD BOYs. Only thing missing is the cigarette pack & matches. And maybe tattoos.

Date: June 29, 2015 08:26

To Tauk: if you still want to continue the thread you had that was closed, or even this thread, my email is on my profile. I won't be posting here anymore, and I can't figure out how to delete my profile so I guess I'll just stop.

Peace!

Date: June 29, 2015 08:54

brokecollegestudent
To Tauk: if you still want to continue the thread you had that was closed, or even this thread, my email is on my profile. I won't be posting here anymore, and I can't figure out how to delete my profile so I guess I'll just stop.

Peace!

to brokcollegestudent: You'e a sweetheart. I'll contact you privately. Thank you very much. I appreciate your consideration.

Date: June 29, 2015 10:30

To brokecollegestudent: I just now sent my email to you. It is 12:25 PM Pacific, 2:25 AM Central (I think you're in Central Time) My email sometimes doesn't get sent properly to people I write to. Therefore, please let me know if/when you receive my email.
Thanks. I appreciate it.

Posted by: swiss ()
Date: June 29, 2015 11:56

brokecollegestudent
I won't be posting here anymore, and I can't figure out how to delete my profile so I guess I'll just stop.

Peace!

hi - why will you not be posting here anymore?

btw...only way to de-activate your account and is to utter some kind of super-charged "rebel yell" or otherwise make a comment pertaining to the litany of verboten topics, and bv will ban you (i.e., deactivate your account). Sort of like suicide by cop. Otherwise, the account will remain active in perpetuity...which might be cool if you should decide to post here again for a future unanticipated reason.

winking smiley

- swiss

Date: June 29, 2015 13:42

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-29 14:02 by brokecollegestudent.

Date: June 29, 2015 13:58

swiss
brokecollegestudent
I won't be posting here anymore, and I can't figure out how to delete my profile so I guess I'll just stop.

Peace!

btw...only way to de-activate your account and is to utter some kind of super-charged "rebel yell" or otherwise make a comment pertaining to the litany of verboten topics, and bv will ban you (i.e., deactivate your account). Sort of like suicide by cop. Otherwise, the account will remain active in perpetuity...which might be cool if you should decide to post here again for a future unanticipated reason.

winking smiley

- swiss

Hi Swiss-

I have to maintain a professional appearance on practically all social media. Being a business/marketing student, as ridiculous as it sounds, I cannot just go posting any old thing about the bands that I enjoy, for example. I am sure you can guess things that would turn potential employers away.

I went from being a mostly-carefree teenager who loved music, quit classical music & began guitar, who has seen and met and played the music of many of my favorite bands and constantly tried to learn more about them through reading books and finding online sources, because it interests me. I have other interests, but music in general has stuck with me the longest. Now I am in my early twenties, and considering I am expected to act like a responsible, professional, adult almost 24/7, I refuse to feel like I am wrong for being whimsical, or silly when speaking of my favorite musicians, as long as I am being respectful. Even while following my own standards of ethics, respect, and manners, I refuse to follow someone else's rules when posting about music, one of the few interests in my life that makes me feel free (and quite frankly relieves almost as much as stress as running and working out does for me- it is truly therapeutic to get into my car after work, blast my music library, and sing in the car, not kidding) Still, I understand that this is BV's organization, and in order to use it, one must abide by his rules. However, I follow so many rules for school and for work and simply to be successful, that I will not follow rules I do not find necessary pertaining to the discussion of all things regarding my favorite band in the world. In fact, that is the last place I will follow rules. I will continue to learn and discuss, on my own terms, which I have determined to be the necessary tactic. Additionally, I refuse to feel insulted or denigrated by someone who first: I do not know personally, and second: I have done nothing of malicious or harmful intent to. Bv, if you were insulted, I apologize for the off topic thread I participated in. However, it strikes me as unfair that you made derogatory comments toward someone who you don't even know. I'll leave it at that- I will not call someone names or act condescendingly toward someone whom I don't know and who has never done anything wrong to me. If you see this, please ban me.

It was very nice meeting all of you, (most of you), and I hope everyone who has shows left enjoys the rest of the tour. I feel extremely lucky that I was able to attend two stops, CBus and Pittsburgh.

Take care, iorr community!

Date: June 30, 2015 01:48

brokecollegestudent
swiss
brokecollegestudent

Peace!

winking smiley

- swiss

Hi Swiss-

I have to maintain a professional appearance on practically all social media. Being a business/marketing student, as ridiculous as it sounds, I cannot just go posting any old thing about the bands that I enjoy, for example. I am sure you can guess things that would turn potential employers away.

I went from being a mostly-carefree teenager who loved music, quit classical music & began guitar, who has seen and met and played the music of many of my favorite bands and constantly tried to learn more about them through reading books and finding online sources, because it interests me. I have other interests, but music in general has stuck with me the longest. Now I am in my early twenties, and considering I am expected to act like a responsible, professional, adult almost 24/7, I refuse to feel like I am wrong for being whimsical, or silly when speaking of my favorite musicians, as long as I am being respectful. Even while following my own standards of ethics, respect, and manners, I refuse to follow someone else's rules when posting about music, one of the few interests in my life that makes me feel free (and quite frankly relieves almost as much as stress as running and working out does for me- it is truly therapeutic to get into my car after work, blast my music library, and sing in the car, not kidding) Still, I understand that this is BV's organization, and in order to use it, one must abide by his rules. However, I follow so many rules for school and for work and simply to be successful, that I will not follow rules I do not find necessary pertaining to the discussion of all things regarding my favorite band in the world. In fact, that is the last place I will follow rules. I will continue to learn and discuss, on my own terms, which I have determined to be the necessary tactic. Additionally, I refuse to feel insulted or denigrated by someone who first: I do not know personally, and second: I have done nothing of malicious or harmful intent to. Bv, if you were insulted, I apologize for the off topic thread I participated in. However, it strikes me as unfair that you made derogatory comments toward someone who you don't even know. I'll leave it at that- I will not call someone names or act condescendingly toward someone whom I don't know and who has never done anything wrong to me. If you see this, please ban me.

It was very nice meeting all of you, (most of you), and I hope everyone who has shows left enjoys the rest of the tour. I feel extremely lucky that I was able to attend two stops, CBus and Pittsburgh.

Take care, iorr community!

hi BCS,

I think many of us--male and female--make sure to keep an eye on our social media presences. My Facebook account is very locked down, in terms of privacy, and I Friend very few people, almost no one associated with work. Still, I have to delete Friend's comments if they get too far out there re: various things I would not want to be associated with professionally. That, I believe, is universal these days.

And it is doubtful you will be banned. And you'll have the opportunity, therefore, to pop back if the mood should strike. But back to social media...most (many? some?) of us do have to be prudent about our avocational interests on social media vis-a-vis perceptions of the professional world. Women especially, I think.

For a "guy" in the high-powered professional game to be into guitars and Keith Richards and going to shows, it's one thing; for a woman...? At best, eccentric; at worse, unwomanly, unnatural, immature, potentially groupie-esque, and definitely carrying more than a tinge of the proletariat to it. The class thing is definitely not the case with men. For a hedge fund manager to round up some buds and clients and spend $10,000 in a night going to the best restaurant and bar and VIP seats for Eric Clapton atthe Gardne and then hit a cigar bar/strip club is totally acceptable. For a woman to have fervor and passion for a band...not so much. We're not quite there yet. And I do think it has to do, in part with women's expression of passion. What is acceptable and what is viewed by some as unseemly.

On that, the many forms of expression of passion, I've never seen a man here told to take a cold shower or have their thread shut down when posting photos or salacious comments re: women in wet Stones t-shirts or going on about who Mick is "boning,"or constant comments about licking the fuzz off the peach, etc. and I can appreciate your frustration. And I may be banned for saying that.

Someone once posted here about homoeroticism, androgyny, and the Stones. I found it quite interesting. It certainly isn't restricted to the Stones, but various types of fandom. Mick himself has said male fans have always been extremely amped up by him, and he finds that amusing. The appeal of a powerful performer, however, can't be denied (well, it can be, but it's silly to). To some degree seeing and being in the energy of these talented powerhouses excites our lifeforce, our chi, our libidos (same thing).

For some men who identify as straight that gets channeled into a fist pumping bellowing machismo --some, even here on iorr, and I love these guys, will say, man I'm straight but I might even do Mick sometimes winking smiley For females--it's a really weird paradox, since these are straight men on stage, exciting response from, among others, straight women, and yet we're sort of discouraged from talking about the full range of attraction we might have to the band, from band pros and cons of various personnel, to song structure, to chord changes, to production quality, to lyrical content, to their undeniably compelling physical appearances and vibes. Why? Does it make some folks resentful that straight women are at least the gender and orientation that the band does find attractive? Go take a cold shower? Hmmmm. Following them around the world and wanting to touch the hem of their garments isn't that a bit...cold-shower-worthy for most of us?

Anyway. that's enough on the topic. I mostly just ignore that elephant in the rock n roll room. And am glad to meet like-minded women who love love love music! And after many years in the professional world of being a secret rock and roll chick, it's now the focus of my business, and oddly because it makes money it seems not to be a problem for some of the same fellows who would look askance at it if it were simply one of my greatest life pleasures! Funny world smiling smiley

- swiss

Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: June 30, 2015 02:00

You are 100% right. Very sad and apparently, very threatening. I am a 62 year old woman.

Date: June 30, 2015 02:13

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-30 02:15 by brokecollegestudent.

Date: June 30, 2015 02:14

Thank you for pointing all of this out, Swiss, you are spot on. Nothing we posted was close to vulgar or offensive, but apparently there's an extreme double standard. My boyfriend was really interested in my music knowledge when we first met and is one of the things that he loves about me. Most men are surprised, but impressed because i suppose it is unexpected.

Let's put that double standard to rest.

How dare someone tell me to "go take a cold shower"

Here: MICK JAGGER IS HOT. KEITH RICHARDS IS HOT. Yes I am young, yes I am hormonal. What about all the old men on here posting about "licking peach fuzz" and dead hookers, huh bv?

By the way, cold showers aren't my thing. I think I'll go take a hot shower wih my boyfriend instead. Also I have economy homework and work stuff to do. Much better things than to be chastised for @#$%& double standards.

Good bye iorr, for good.

Again, thank you Swiss.

And to the site owner/moderator--- PLEASE deactivate my account if you see this.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-30 02:16 by brokecollegestudent.

Posted by: alieb ()
Date: June 30, 2015 03:57

sad to see you go BCS, take care!

Date: June 30, 2015 04:09

brokecollegestudent
Thank you for pointing all of this out, Swiss, you are spot on. Nothing we posted was close to vulgar or offensive, but apparently there's an extreme double standard. My boyfriend was really interested in my music knowledge when we first met and is one of the things that he loves about me. Most men are surprised, but impressed because i suppose it is unexpected.

And, if music continues to be a central part of your life you'll always be with guys who appreciate that about you. The men I've been involved with, my entire life, have been thus--and I love and appreciate them all, truly, and all the guy friends I've had from childhood to the present, who treat me like a person when it comes to music and other matters (like that should be something to be grateful for - lol - but it is! and I don't take it for granted)

brokecollegestudent
Here: MICK JAGGER IS HOT. KEITH RICHARDS IS HOT. Yes I am young, yes I am hormonal.

Where I come from "hormonal" is sort of an insult, for women who are slightly out of their brains--i.e., the 21st century version of the 19th century malady of "female hysteria" (meaning your womb's out of joint, and hence you're expressing things that upset the men, from temper to the unvarnished desire to @#$%&).

Young or not young -- who wants to go through life with a tamped-down lust for life, joie de vivre, lifeforce, or libido?

You think you're "hormonal now"? Baby, you haven't even begun to grow into yourself yet smiling smiley It's great. And you will also find guys who are very happy about that too. i.e., Not members of the Get thee to a nunnery/cold-shower crew.

- swiss

Posted by: Bashlets ()
Date: June 30, 2015 06:34

The pic u are referring to above are from the promo shots for Emotional Rescue 1980

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: June 30, 2015 09:15

brokecollegestudent - very sorry to lose you, but I do see why. Surely this should be one place where you don't have to worry all the time about being Respectable - but I'm afraid the locker room here is marked Men Only and there isn't one for women, and that is not about to change. Good luck in your career - and don't hide your joy in music too thoroughly; there's already too much dull respectability in the world.

Re: The Rolling Stones
Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: June 30, 2015 09:31

Not sure why BCS feels the cold-shower advice was directed at her in particular
rather than at the posters (including males) who really had gone overboard
and had their posts deleted. But I probably missed something, as usual.
I'm sorry BCS won't be here to share her musical enthusiasm & knowledge.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-30 12:23 by with sssoul.

Date: June 30, 2015 15:28

with sssoul

Yeah, I think I may have missed something too, and I also don't think the advice was directed at BCS only.
Broke, it was very nice to have a young woman here with so much passion for our old band. I have daughters around your age and I wish they had some of that same appreciation. Take care and hope to see you back soon. smiling smiley

Date: June 30, 2015 21:32

latebloomer
with sssoul

Yeah, I think I may have missed something too, and I also don't think the advice was directed at BCS only.
Broke, it was very nice to have a young woman here with so much passion for our old band. I have daughters around your age and I wish they had some of that same appreciation. Take care and hope to see you back soon. smiling smiley

Last post I swear! Bv told me, and other posters including Tauk and I believe naturalust, to "take a hike.. Take a cold shower maybe two".

Nothing to do with Swiss, her post was very sweet and very thought provoking!

Date: June 30, 2015 21:46

brokecollegestudent
latebloomer
with sssoul

Last post I swear! Bv told me, and other posters including Tauk and I believe naturalust, to "take a hike.. Take a cold shower maybe two".

Swiss did have some interesting points, I agree. Maybe you should email BV and see if you can straighten things out before you decide to disappear completely, especially since you seemed to enjoy this place very much. It's the advice I would give to my twenty something daughter. smiling smiley

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: June 30, 2015 21:54

brokecollegestudent
latebloomer
with sssoul

I hope you reconsider BCS. Although I was never told to take a cold shower, I would probably have felt a bit taken back by it too. I probably missed something here but from what I have seen, your ladies infactuation with the sexuality of the Stones was pretty harmless and probably would be something highly approved of by the Stones themselves. It certainly has been part of their image since 1962 or so.

Perhaps a private discussion with the moderator would clear up this misunderstanding.

In any case I too have enjoyed your posts and passion for the band and hope both continue here on iorr.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: July 1, 2015 00:13

It was probably just a skin-care tip, cold showers are great for tightening pores.

winking smiley

Goto Page: Previous12345678Next
Current Page: 7 of 8

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2403
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home