Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: OT: U2 World Premiere Vancouver last night
Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: May 18, 2015 07:29

georgeV
If you are planning to see U2 this Summer be warned that the Ticketmaster map is very misleading for the stage set up. There is a long narrow stage with standing room on both sides as you will see on Ticketmaster but at one end, the end opposite the red zone, there is a traditional main stage. If you buy tickets at the end of the arena opposite the red zone, you are actually behind the main stage and they rarely came back there. Very hard to see much of anything and a huge disappointment. They do spend a lot of time at the B stage near the red zone so those are actually not bad seats.

This more detailed map for San Jose might be helpful.

Posted by: georgeV ()
Date: May 18, 2015 07:47

Yes, that is way different than the one Ticketmaster is showing. Total crap!

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: May 18, 2015 09:48

From what I saw on Youtube, the RED zones are not by the b-stage, but on the sides of the main stage and occupying some of the best place right in front of the main stage (even though on the sides). My impression is, that all people in the arena get to be sort of close to the band for certain amount of time. Those by the main stage probably a bit more, those behind the stage are disadvantaged of course. Still, I like to stand in the queue in the afternoon and be rewarded with being face to face with the band for two hours, which I don't think is possible here, since the band spends a good portion of the concert far away from the main stage. But yea, I will see in the autumn. From what I saw on youtube, I think the concerts are really great, except that Bono really doesn't age nicely :-)

Posted by: Papo ()
Date: May 18, 2015 11:36

As the band is moving a lot on stage, which is in fact three/four stages ("square", "screen" and "runway" " (they're playing underneath the screen as well as inside!) and 'round' ) there is no need get in line early, as beeing up front is not necessarily the best spot.
It'll be very relaxed on the foor, as there are many good spots and you're close to the action, no matter where you are located.

I will step back a little this time, to be able to watch the screen, the main stage, the square and the catwalk. If I take the San Jose map as a reference, my spot will be in front of section 101 or 115...

Enjoy the shows!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-18 11:37 by Papo.

Posted by: franzk ()
Date: May 19, 2015 20:04

So, what about the concept of the Innocence+Experience tour?

When they announced the tour dates it looked like they had a concept behind it. They announced even number of shows in each city (2,4,6 etc.) so I thought that maybe they would play entirely different set each night (maybe mostly old stuff the first "innocence" night and newer the second "experience" night?). But as I see they do more or less the same set each night. Is there any big difference between the first and second set?

Posted by: georgeV ()
Date: May 20, 2015 00:15

Happy24
From what I saw on Youtube, the RED zones are not by the b-stage, but on the sides of the main stage and occupying some of the best place right in front of the main stage (even though on the sides). My impression is, that all people in the arena get to be sort of close to the band for certain amount of time. Those by the main stage probably a bit more, those behind the stage are disadvantaged of course. Still, I like to stand in the queue in the afternoon and be rewarded with being face to face with the band for two hours, which I don't think is possible here, since the band spends a good portion of the concert far away from the main stage. But yea, I will see in the autumn. From what I saw on youtube, I think the concerts are really great, except that Bono really doesn't age nicely :-)

No, the red zones are to the side of the B Stage and they are there a fair bit of the time.

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: May 20, 2015 00:30

georgeV
No, the red zones are to the side of the B Stage and they are there a fair bit of the time.

Really? I haven't seen it in person and I am only judging from pictures, but it looks to me, like the red zones are on the sides of the floor close to the main stage, while there are not many people at the back of the floor by the b-stage, but it doesn't look like red zones to me:

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1394
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home