Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345
Current Page: 5 of 5
Re: ALBUM DEATH MATCH: GHS vs. IORR
Posted by: BroomWagon ()
Date: May 13, 2015 19:18

This album, though Goat's Head Soup song by song is probably better,

It's Only Rock 'n' Roll's first 3 songs seem to go together and the first two sort of build up to the album's title song. So, IORR has an ambience to it, I've always thought that, a sort of ambience, environment that is kind of cool.

1. If you can't rock me
2. Ain't too proud to beg
3. It's only rock 'n' roll

So this adds up to about 12 minutes of a mini-show.

Also, how interesting that Blue Magic do perform on "If you really want to be my friend", that is one of the most successful "soul" songs by the Rolling Stones, I think I'd go with that over winter.

Of course, Blue Magic was just posted over in one of the youtube threads for one of their hits: [www.youtube.com]

And Hide your love is a bit bluesy too off of Goat's Head Soup, I might go with that over Dance Little Sister which is acclaimed as a hit.

So, I score these albums if this was a "group stage" game in the World Cup as largely a draw though I guess I do like IORR slightly more.

Posted by: OldBarbarian ()
Date: May 20, 2015 20:16

I'm not kidding when I say that I prefer every single Goat's Head Soup track to It's Only Rock and Roll track when broken up this way but I still like It's Only Rock and Roll as an album.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: May 20, 2015 20:36

OldBarbarian
I'm not kidding when I say that I prefer every single Goat's Head Soup track to It's Only Rock and Roll track when broken up this way but I still like It's Only Rock and Roll as an album.

So, are we to assume you're lying then?

Goto Page: Previous12345
Current Page: 5 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2439
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home