Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

RIP Bobby Jameson
Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: May 20, 2015 20:20

Not really off-topic, Bobby Jameson has a brief footnote in the Stones story having recorded "All I Want Is My Baby" and "Each And Every Day Of The Year" for a single produced by ALO in 1964.
He posted on these very pages about his experience back in 2008:
"The way I got to England to cut ALL I WANT IS MY BABY was I received a letter from ANDREW LOOG OLDHAM stating that if I should ever come to London he would be interested in working with me. I got this letter in the midst of an American release on Talamo Records that was a hit throughout the midwest and Canada in 1964 called "I'M SO LONELY". TALAMO stands for T. Alamo or TONY ALAMO, he was my manager at the time and discovered Jesus. He became an insane born again christian and I wanted as far away from him as I could get, hence the letter from OLDHAM was followed up on that basis. KIM FOWLEY, who I have known since 1963, had nothing to do with it, even if it says he did in Andrew's book, Andrew and Decca never paid me one penny for making the record to this day."
[www.iorr.org]

He died on 12 May 2015 in San Luis Obispo, aged 70

[www.45cat.com]

[lifeandtimesofbobbyjameson.blogspot.co.uk]

RIP Bobby.

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2026
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home