Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456789Next
Current Page: 2 of 9
Re: Kansas City MO USA Rolling Stones 2015 show and travel info
Posted by: little queenie ()
Date: April 23, 2015 05:44

Just got a single in Floor section B, row 3 for $369....shouldn't this be some sort of precious stone package (ruby, emerald, etc?)

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: April 23, 2015 08:59

little queenie
Just got a single in Floor section B, row 3 for $369....shouldn't this be some sort of precious stone package (ruby, emerald, etc?)

Awesome seat, great price. Gotta Love it. Whoo Hoo!

peace

Date: April 23, 2015 16:48

Ticket Sales in Kansas City must be terrible.

Great seats in all sections and price ranges.

Keep an eye out for Lucky Dips for here.

KANSAS CITY TICKET SALES SUCK!

Posted by: josepi ()
Date: April 23, 2015 16:58

Naturalust
little queenie

Awesome seat, great price. Gotta Love it. Whoo Hoo!

peace

If that location is correct, and i have NO REASON to doubt you, then that was a diamond vip ticket! WOW, and i mean WOW!!!!

Posted by: josepi ()
Date: April 23, 2015 17:50

Emeralds dropping!

Posted by: Leonioid ()
Date: April 26, 2015 03:08

The Stones in Kansas City exactly 40 years ago. Id love this setlist in 2015.
The between songs "Jagger banter" from this show is hilarious

Honky Tonk Women; 5:16 All Down the Line; 9:34 If You Can't Rock Me/ Get Off My Cloud; 17:32 Star Star; 21:57 Gimme Shelter; 29:26 Ain't Too Proud to Beg; 34:35 You Gotta Move; 39:22 You Can't Always Get What You Want; 50:14 Sure the One You Need; 55:02 Tumbling Dice; 59:12 Luxury; 1:03:57 Dance Little Sister; 1:08:42 Fingerprint File; 1:19:38 Angie; 1:25:12 Wild Horses; 1:31:36 Band Intro/That's Life 1:36:35 Midnight Rambler; 1:49:09 Brown Sugar; 1:52:23 It's Only Rock 'n' Roll (But I like it); 1:57:39 Rip This Joint; 2:00:00 Street Fighting Man; 2:03:24 Jumpin' Jack Flash

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-26 03:13 by Leonioid.

Posted by: DubuqueStonesFan ()
Date: April 29, 2015 21:59

I was able to get Lucky Dip tickets the day they went on-sale. I see they are selling different parking passes on ticketmaster - is this necessary or will I be OK to pay at the gate? How long of a walk from the outer lots?

Posted by: Harpo ()
Date: April 30, 2015 07:32

Do you happen to have the Lucky Dip ticket link in your history and care to post it? It may help as I don't have tickets yet and hope to get Lucky!

Date: April 30, 2015 09:23

DubuqueStonesFan
I was able to get Lucky Dip tickets the day they went on-sale. I see they are selling different parking passes on ticketmaster - is this necessary or will I be OK to pay at the gate? How long of a walk from the outer lots?

I dont see them for sale on ticketmaster, I do see them for sale on stub priced from $69.00 for the parking section up by the Iowa border to $79.00 for spots closer. I find that price to be obscene. 70 bucks to park the car in that city? That is stupid, it is not downtown New York City.

[www.stubhub.com]

Could you please post the link for where you see parking passes for sale on ticketmaster or at least say how much they are?

Edit-
FOUND IT
You have to go down lower on the screen where it talks about arrowhead and then select parking.

LINK TO PARKING TICKETS>>> [www.ticketmaster.com]

Arrowhead Stadium Parking Fees
General Parking Price US $29.55
Gold Parking Price US $47.90
Platinum Parking Price US $58.10

At least it looks like they dont charge BS fees
on top of the cost. I went all the way through the
process but did not check out and it showed this>>>

Item
GEN1
Description
PRICE LEVEL 2
GENERAL PARKING
Seating Chart opens in a new window
Type
General Parking
Item Price US $29.55 x 1
Price Details
SUBTOTAL US $29.55
Tickets/Items US $29.55
Delivery via: Print-at-Home No Charge
TOTAL CHARGES
US $29.55

It cost the same to park your car as it does for a Lucky Dip ticket,
but at least it is not 75 freeking Dollars.

I would suggest picking up a parking pass for 29 bucks,
I was guessing it would be $45.00 and IT IS for some lots.

OR...
on second thought I might suggest calling Arrowhead or ticketbastard and ask them just exactly how close are the more expensive parking spots... and how far away (aka close to the Iowa border) are the $29.00 spots.

Arrowhead Stadium
(816) 920-9300
1 Arrowhead Dr, Kansas City, MO 64129

PPS
I further would advise either go GA or Platinum.
Pay either $29.00 OR $55.00 for parking, NOT 45 for gold

Platinum is only 10 more than gold and some gold parking
is going to be right next to the $29.00 GA...
where Platinum will probably put you next to the stadium.

But still to make sure call them and ask.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-30 09:53 by Leonioid.

Posted by: tauk ()
Date: April 30, 2015 20:17

I just bought a single ticket for Kansas City. Section C, Row 22, Seat fairly close to runway. . Total price with tax & TM fee= $373.60. So I'll not be super close to the main stage but I'll be close to the runway. She said there's 40 rows in Sec C so in Row 22 I'll be about midway back from the first row.

A few weeks ago I cancelled my San Diego Start Me Up because my sister was suddenly having medical problems....wasn't sure I could go anywhere but I think I can now. I hadn't even been checking Kansas City for tickets until last night. Looks like there are still some good floor seats, at least for singles. I'll be flying in from Vegas.

At least a few minutes ago there was a single seat in same Sec/Row as me-Sec C, Row 22, seat approx in middle of the row, for same price.

There was also Sec E, ROW 2, Seat 21 (out of 35 seats she told me)-I think the price for that one was about the same as what I bought.

So, at least for single seats there's some good Floor seats still in Kansas.

Edited 9 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-03 09:06 by tauk.

Posted by: Shesarainbow ()
Date: May 1, 2015 00:12

How many seats across in Section C??

Date: May 1, 2015 00:18

tauk
I just bought a singlet ticket for Kansas City. Section C, Row 22, Seat 7. Total price with tax & TM fee= $373.60. So I'll not be super close to the main stage but I'll be the 7th seat from the runway. Shen said there's 40 rows in Sec C so I'll be about midway back from the first row.

A few weeks ago I cancelled my San Diego Start Me Up because my sister was suddenly having medical problems....wasn't sure I could go anywhere but I think I can now. I hadn't even been checking Kansas City for tickets until last night. Looks like there are still some good floor seats, at least for singles. I'll be flying in from Vegas.

At least a few minutes ago there was a single seat in same Sec/Row as me-Sec C, Row 22, Seat 12 for same price.

There was also Sec E, ROW 2, Seat 21 (out of 35 seats she told me)-I don't know the price for that one. So, at least for single seats there's some good Floor seats still in Kansas.
^^^ Very Smart!!

It is not a chep seat but I bet you paid less than some people who
bought that seating area when they went on sale. And you are 22nd row
so you will have a fine view of the stage. It is smart to pick a slow
selling show and flying in versus... other ways.

I called today to ask them about parking, but I forgot today
is not a good day to try to talk to Arrowhead people... they are
waaaaaay more concerend with the NFL draft which begins today....
and they all busy setting up the draft day party, so I could not
get ahold of anyone who I trusted to really know anything about
which lots cost how much, I will try again next week... there is plenty of time

Date: May 1, 2015 03:36

Thanks Leonioid.

I am so pathetically a ROOKIE with all this--I wouldn't have been able to do "jack sh*t" without people like you on this forum. I didn't think I'd see a runway section with a seat anywhere.

Leonioid, have you got ticket(s) yet? Are they in Kansas? I guess if you're looking for parking you must be going to Kansas-good luck with parking. How far away do you live from Kansas? Are you driving in from another city/state?

If so, I'd love to meet you & anyone else that'll be in Kansas in the few hours before the show. In fact, I will wait until I see if/where anyone wants to meet up before the show before I choose a hotel/motel. I'm flying in & won't rent a car.

At least I like that with KS I have 4 extra weeks to figure out the logistics than I would/or will if I still want to try to do SOMETHING?? in San Diego.

So with Seat #7 from the runway-- hopefully the runway will be utilized by Mick/Keith. I can't believe there's only going to be 6 human bodies between me & the runway guard rail... between me & you-know-who-that fella with the great smile (Leonioid, I finally learned how to post pics on this web site a few days ago (see Don Was Interview, the very last post)-I still plan on posting those smiling Mick pics like we talked about under thread "In Praise of Mick Jagger".)

Another logistic to figure out--Now...what could one do with those 6 other bodies that will stand in between me and......winking smiley

Thanks for listening.

Carolyn G

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-01 08:13 by tauk.

Date: May 1, 2015 04:17

jumpontopofmebaby
Ticket Sales in Kansas City must be terrible.

Great seats in all sections and price ranges.

Keep an eye out for Lucky Dips for here.

KANSAS CITY TICKET SALES SUCK!

Kansas City ticket sales are wonderful for those who buy them!smiling smiley

Date: May 1, 2015 04:22

Shesarainbow
How many seats across in Section C??

I don't know how many seats go across Sec C. The TM rep didn't know anything other than what is (barely) visible on the seating chart-which only shows the # of Rows, but not # of seats across.

Good luck-
Carolyn G.

Date: May 1, 2015 05:51

tauk
Thanks Leonoid.

I am so pathetically a ROOKIE with all this--I wouldn't have been able to do "jack sh*t" without people like you on this forum. I didn't think I'd see a runway section with a seat anywhere.

Leonoid, have you got ticket(s) yet? Are they in Kansas? I guess if you're looking for parking you must be going to Kansas-good luck with parking. How far away do you live from Kansas? Are you driving in from another city/state?

If so, I'd love to meet you & anyone else that'll be in Kansas in the few hours before the show. In fact, I will wait until I see if/where anyone wants to meet up before the show before I choose a hotel/motel. I'm flying in & won't rent a car.

At least I like that with KS I have 4 extra weeks to figure out the logistics than I would/or will if I still want to try to do SOMETHING?? in San Diego.

So with Seat #7 from the runway-- hopefully the runway will be utilized by Mick/Keith. I can't believe there's only going to be 6 human bodies between me & the runway guard rail... between me & you-know-who-that fella with the great smile (Leonoid, I finally learned how to post pics on this web site a few days ago (see Don Was Interview, the very last post)-I still plan on posting those smiling Mick pics like we talked about under thread "In Praise of Mick Jagger".)

Another logistic to figure out--Now...what could one do with those 6 other bodies that will stand in between me and......winking smiley

Thanks for listening.

Carolyn G
:)
I have lucky dips for the KC show, I am also hoping to make it to the Indy show at the Speedway and Nashville. If I can make it, I will be driving in for all of these shows.

I might suggest renting a car in KC, it is a car type of city. Depending on how long you are staying in town you might just get a room at a hotel out by the airport. On my previous "fly in" shows, where I am mostly interested in the concert and not the city I flew in the day before at 4-5PM, checked in for two nights, went to the show the next day, went back to the hotel afterwards and flew out the next day around 2-3PM leaving plenty of time to sleep in, pack up my cools Stones stuff, get rid of the car and make my flight.

The hotels by the KC airport are probably affordable and unaffected price wise by The Stones show, though I have heard that car rentals at that airport are tax expensive (read the car rental fine prinat about fees) but if you can get a cheap enough car maybe with the crazy taxes it wont be too much and only for 2 days.

Arrowhead is one of the best stadiums in the world for tail gating and I bet that goes for concerts too, but we better call them next week (after the NFL draft business is over) and ask them what time the parking lots will open. For football games I think they open at 6:00 AM (for 12:00 games) and allow people to cook and drink and pregame and there are many porto-potties. I bet for this show they will open at 12 or 2PM

So if you have a car you can park out there in the parking lot and have a blast for hours before the show. If there is a preshow meet up it might as well be in the Arrowhead parking lot (bringing your own "free" beer and food). Also if you stay in a hotel by the airport you will have VERY easy access to the I-435 loop (435 goes in a complete circle around the city) and it is one road to the stadium so you wont get lost (as long as you go South on the way to the stadium and North on the way back to the hotel) imagine a round clock, the airport is 12:00 and the stadium is 3:00. I-435 is even shown on the parking map above.

My feelings on partying at concerts- I love to partake and get a good preshow buzz going, I think it makes it all more fun. But I do not get wasted, especially if I know I have to drive after a show (but LOL... if I know I have a dependable driver I sometimes tend to ingnore my advice here)... just buzzed... and I taper off 1/2 way through concert and allow the music to be my buzz (and it really is). This is to both enjoy 110% the show (it is the biggest buzz of all ) and to make sure I am good to drive after the show. Those cops out there are crazy about nailing people with DUIs and that ruins a good buzz. And after this show I would not be surprised if the KC cops are looking to make some money on DUIers

As far as the 6 people, I am sure with your beauty and charms your seat mates will allow you move around as much as you desire... and really 22nd is pretty dang close to the stage... YOU DID GREAT!!!!
SHOW TIP- Once upon a time when we had similar seats and I used to go to a lot of shows with a girlfriend/concertpartner, who was very charming (when she wanted to be) and at shows we had an understanding that if she had a chance and an easy path, she would charm her way up to the front rows, and that was fine by me... and quite often she was able to charm her up very close to the stage, and if/when it did not work, I was holding down the fort where our seats were... and I'll tell ya... just seeing her delighted, wild-fire, front row eyes glowing, seeing how happy she was when she came back from up there made it awesome for me... and the times she came back and pressed newly obtained guitars picks into my hand as a gift to me made it even better... "Open 24 hours a day"... She was awesome.

So anyway...22nd row is a great place for you to start your self upgrade to the front, or maybe 2nd row. Just be charming and no one will mind sharing their area with you... and if it does not go well, then return to the 22nd row and take your place right by the walk way... 6thseat6thschmeet 6bodies6schmodies No one will care about lil ole you dancing around in the 22 aisle right by the walk way, And Mick will come by and smile at you, that glimmer.;)
GO FOR IT!!!! Feel the Stones magic, it is real.

We will probably drive in the day of the show getting there about 6:00 PM to do a lil tail gating and then go into the concert and after the show drive back. The post concert buzz lasts for hours. That is the plan for all the shows we might be able to attend, as we try to do as many shows for as little money as possible.

Congrats on posting pictures YAY!! The more the merrier!!! Cheers!

EDIT- I might also suggest checking Southwest for flying, I think they have a nice hub in both Vegas and KC which tends to make their prices good. And I will also add I usually go ahead and pay the 10-15 auto check in feature they offer, that way you can grab a nice aisle seat before the hoards are unleashed.... further offering advice... ALWAYS go for non-stop [CHECK MARK THE BOX NON STOP] especially between these easy cities... or at least ALWAYS avoid damned changing planes... it still looks like it is easy to obtain $300 round trip (170 going to / 135 coming from)...

WORTH IT!!!
Yes, it is a scam, but it is worth it>>>>

...and the best thing about Southwest if you decide to cancel the whole trip, you can reuse the value of your tickets with no extra fees for a year, if you call them and tell you are not flying before hand.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-01 06:53 by Leonioid.

Date: May 1, 2015 07:31

Leonioid, LOL but also, hey, thanks for all the info and creative advice. I agree with all you say re. flying Southwest. And I think you're right about coming in the day before, not the day of, the concert.

I am a little shy of driving--I drove all my life until I decided to become car-free for financial reasons a few years ago. Living in Vegas is not hard to do w/o a car, public city bus is fine usually & I save so much money this way....I probably won't rent a car because I literally haven't driven anything in 4 1/2 years, starting when my husband died. I'm sure I'll drive again someday but I don't want to re-acclamate myself to it with a rental car spinning smiley sticking its tongue out So I'll get around o.k, maybe with a hotel shuttle van to airport & taxi to stadium.

But most of all I'd like to meet you guys wherever ya'll want to be. If you're tailgating I'll find you. I can probably get some food & drink on the way to the parking lot. So, I guess you & whoever is with you, y'all aren't staying overnight in a hotel/motel? You must live close nearby then?

BTW, I've never "tailgated" in my whole life. See how this Forum has widened my world already?smiling smiley

I appreciate your advice re. "self-upgrading"... you all seem to know the knack of it--LOL that's funny-- "6thseat6thschmeet 6bodies6schmodies"thumbs up but being as how I've never tried it (but trust me, I am NOT shy of trying that type of thing)...I just can't picture how there is any extra room in any given row for anyone extra to be trying to take up space. Unless there is an empty seat somewhere, how does one fit their body into a row where everyone is already taking up their own amount of space, even if everyone is standing up? The size of the seats aren't really very wide are they? And you can't just walk up to the front rows & simply stand in the aisles, right? That's when the security guards will be able to easily see you & would tell you no, right?

I'm thinking about wearing all black from head to toe as a camouflauge.

As a last resort, I have wondered if I should bring extra cash in hand, & so when I get up to the 2nd row I can use good old bribery on someone who has a great seat, such as, how much would I have to pay you to let me have your seat/space for,say, 30 minutes, meaning they would switch seats with me for a little while. But I "hear" what you're saying...I'd only use money if I've tried everything else first. grinning smiley

BTW my Facebook page is Carolyn Frieburg Graham--so you can kinda tell what I roughly look so we can locate each other when we get there & my email is as listed on My Profile on this Forum if it makes it easier to communicate.

Thanks again Leonioid.

I'm so happy to be getting this chance for a Stones show. I seen them in the '90's in Madison, Wisconsin (when I lived in central Illinois). However, my seats were so high up, I really forget sometimes that I've "seen" the Stones, because I didn't really "see" them at all!

Yay!! This is gonna pure Joy! Thanks for everything.

Carolyn G

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-01 08:05 by tauk.

Date: May 1, 2015 09:26

My pleasure to offer some ideas Carolyn... and if any of them seem over the top or too nutty, then at least hopefully they might spark another idea... there are a million ways to do this.

I am not sure how she worked it up there on the front 2 rows...
I have never really worked it myself but I have had tickets up there many many times (a lot more in the good ole days) and I had a lot of charming ladies work their way up there and when it turned out to be more fun with them up there, then what the heck... :)

Just see how it feels... and if it feels right DO IT!!
I dont think I would advise offering them money... I would use your charms and make it a more fun time with you, than not. I suppose the crazier and more jumbled it is then the easier will be... but as long as there is room and you are charming I bet people will not care much.

And by charming I dont mean anything weird, it is a concert after all. I mean be pleasant, smile and make it all a better time with you there... but even if you don't make the front row, at least own the walk way :)

Of course with people paying 2 kazillion Dollars for tickets I could be wrong about all of this... but it is worth looking at... and it is easier to make the jump from where you are than up in the balcony.

Getting to the stadium might be tricky. I appreciate you not wanting to drive. Maybe you can call some KC bars and hotels etc etc, maybe the radio stations and ask them if they are OR KNOW OF ANYBODY WHO IS running a shuttle for the Stones concert. When people say nope ... BE SURE to ask who we should ask to see if they know of anyplace that is running a bus or shuttle.

I think the 2 bar districts in KC are called WESTPORT and THE POWER AND LIGHT DISTRICT(downtown KC). They are 2 seperate areas, but if a bar might be running a shuttle bus it will probably be from one of those areas.

The airport is in an area I think they call "The Northland"

If you do get a hotel up by the airport make sure they have a free shuttle that will pick you up and drop you off at the terminals (it is the least they can do)

So if you can find a bar or hotel that is running a party bus to the concert then you can take a cab from the hotel to that location and back easily... but getting cab to the stadium might be tricky. Actually it is the getting the cab to pick you up after the concert that will be tricky.

So as far as costs go-
Cabs-
from the airport to the stadium $30-40.00
from the airport to downtown 30-40,
from the airport to westport 35.50-40.00... and of course double for a round trip.

$30-60 just to park at the stadium.

But lets get closer to the show and see how it all works out...

Posted by: northof49 ()
Date: May 4, 2015 05:20

Lower bowl ticket drop right now. Section 103, close to stage. Row 10,singles and doubles available. Ticketmaster.

Posted by: vibrolux ()
Date: May 5, 2015 02:11

I posted this on the ticket page, but just in case, I'll repost here:

A friend of mine backed out, so I have one seat available in Section B, row 3, near the middle of the section for the KC show.

I bought it for $373.60 right when they lowered the price.

Let me know if you're interested.

MakeAGrownManCry@gmail.com

Date: May 6, 2015 20:18

Wow Wee

Still some of the best seats still available for Kansas City

Time to add a warm up act yet?

Posted by: Snoopy ()
Date: May 6, 2015 21:25

"As far as the 6 people, I am sure with your beauty and charms your seat mates will allow you move around as much as you desire... and really 22nd is pretty dang close to the stage... YOU DID GREAT!!!!
SHOW TIP- Once upon a time when we had similar seats and I used to go to a lot of shows with a girlfriend/concertpartner, who was very charming (when she wanted to be) and at shows we had an understanding that if she had a chance and an easy path, she would charm her way up to the front rows, and that was fine by me... and quite often she was able to charm her up very close to the stage, and if/when it did not work, I was holding down the fort where our seats were... and I'll tell ya... just seeing her delighted, wild-fire, front row eyes glowing, seeing how happy she was when she came back from up there made it awesome for me... and the times she came back and pressed newly obtained guitars picks into my hand as a gift to me made it even better... "Open 24 hours a day"... She was awesome.
"

Hey Leoniod, hope you see this! (Not sure how to call your attention to it)

Have read a lot of your advice on the site and appreciate it as well... Regarding what you said above I'm feeling pretty good about Pittsburgh now. Got seats in row 20 next to catwalk (about 6 seats in) at face value! ... As I mentioned elsewhere I haven't seen the Stones from very close and would like to treat myself this summer, so wondered if you thought my Pittsburgh seats will take care of that "bucket list" item or if I really should shell out for first couple rows at another show?

I like your girlfriend story as well. I feel same way, bringing mine to Pittsburgh show and it would make me extremely happy to see her work her way up front while I guarded our seats. Nothing better than seeing her excited smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-06 21:26 by Snoopy.

Date: May 6, 2015 21:55

Snoopy
"As far as the 6 people, I am sure with your beauty and charms your seat mates will allow you move around as much as you desire... and really 22nd is pretty dang close to the stage... YOU DID GREAT!!!!
"

Hey Leoniod, hope you see this! (Not sure how to call your attention to it)

Have read a lot of your advice on the site and appreciate it as well... Regarding what you said above I'm feeling pretty good about Pittsburgh now. Got seats in row 20 next to catwalk (about 6 seats in) at face value! ... As I mentioned elsewhere I haven't seen the Stones from very close and would like to treat myself this summer, so wondered if you thought my Pittsburgh seats will take care of that "bucket list" item or if I really should shell out for first couple rows at another show?

I like your girlfriend story as well. I feel same way, bringing mine to Pittsburgh show and it would make me extremely happy to see her work her way up front while I guarded our seats. Nothing better than seeing her excited smiling smiley

My pleasure to offer any advice that might work :)

If you can afford it, if you can scrape up the cash... I would go to as many shows as you can get to. Seriously. 5-10-20 years from now you will be so happy that you went when you had the chance. I understand it is very expensive now, but if you can get to the shows even without a ticket and work it from there I would do it... if you can afford it.

I have seen them 30-40 times and I never regretted spending the money one time. I am still trying to go to 3 shows on this tour and it sucks that I can not afford $400.00 for tickets, but I am OK with that... but I tell ya... if I had an extra $400.00 (x 3-4)... it would be to buy a center section close up Stones ticket for as many show as I could go to.

Posted by: Starr ()
Date: May 6, 2015 22:19

I have lucky dips for this show but no idea of the area/ city - will be flying in from UK. Anyone got any suggestions for reasonable priced hotel/ safe area/ near stadium? I'd rather not rent a car so is it easy to get a taxi there - and of course, back? I've not booked any hotel yet but will probably stay 4 days or so. Any advice on the city regarding safety and interest for a day or two? Any news of fans meeting up before concert? Any advice much appreciated, thanks.

"till the next time..."

Star

Date: May 6, 2015 22:30

Starr
I have lucky dips for this show but no idea of the area/ city - will be flying in from UK. Anyone got any suggestions for reasonable priced hotel/ safe area/ near stadium? I'd rather not rent a car so is it easy to get a taxi there - and of course, back? I've not booked any hotel yet but will probably stay 4 days or so. Any advice on the city regarding safety and interest for a day or two? Any news of fans meeting up before concert? Any advice much appreciated, thanks.

"till the next time..."

Scroll up, for what little I know about KC I wrote. Going to the show in a cab will work, getting one home is another story. Look over what I wrote.

Trying to find a bar or someplace runing a shuttle would be a good way to get to the show, although I dont know if anyplaces are doing that.

If I was flying into KC I would get a place by the airport for cheap and rent a car for one day, due to the high rental car taxes.

Staying on the Plaza would be great for sight seeing but will cost you more per night, but I think it is a nice part of the city.

Westport and the "Power and light district" are the drinking areas, so you can look that up and check maps for hotels and stuff if you are stayuing a few days.

The stadium is 20 miles away from any of those places. There is one or maybe two hotel by it, but I have not even tried them, I imagine they are already booked solid, plus we are not planning staying the night, we are planning on driving back after the show.

Search this [www.google.com]

Arrowhead Stadium and Kaufmann Stadium are next to each other in the Harry s Truman sports complex. It has a huge parking lot.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-06 22:33 by Leonioid.

Date: May 6, 2015 22:46

I just called them about parking-

Arrowhead Stadium
(816) 920-9300
1 Arrowhead Dr, Kansas City, MO 64129

They were really nice, ask for customer relations (press 3).

She said parking day of show for GA will be $30.00 and is the back half of all of the lots. The parking lot will open at 3:00 and gates will open at 6:00

If I was you I would double check all of this information of your own, especially if it is critical.

She said there are actually 3 hotels tight by the stadium, a Holidayinn express, a Drury suites and one call 4 Points and she said they may still have rooms. If you are staying the night I WOULD CALL THEM RIGHT NOW TO CHECK/BOOK. I know nothing about these hotels, but I guess they are within a 1/2 mile of the gates. Look at a map.

Of course the close by hotels are probably jacking up rates, which will probably not be the case at hotels farther away (like at the airport) so run your numbers and see what is best for you.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-06 22:47 by Leonioid.

Date: May 6, 2015 22:52

Leonioid
Starr

"till the next time..."

Scroll up, for what little I know about KC I wrote. Going to the show in a cab will work, getting one home is another story. Look over what I wrote.

Trying to find a bar or someplace runing a shuttle would be a good way to get to the show, although I dont know if anyplaces are doing that.

If I was flying into KC I would get a place by the airport for cheap and rent a car for one day, due to the high rental car taxes.

Staying on the Plaza would be great for sight seeing but will cost you more per night, but I think it is a nice part of the city.

Westport and the "Power and light district" are the drinking areas, so you can look that up and check maps for hotels and stuff if you are stayuing a few days.

The stadium is 20 miles away from any of those places. There is one or maybe two hotel by it, but I have not even tried them, I imagine they are already booked solid, plus we are not planning staying the night, we are planning on driving back after the show.

Arrowhead Stadium and Kaufmann Stadium are next to each other in the Harry s Truman sports complex. It has a huge parking lot.

I say the Plaza or Downtown. If you are there for 2 nights you can do the Power and Light District or there are several Casino's North of Downtown. Not to sure a Taxi isn't the way to go. I think the money you save on not having to pay for parking, the rental car expense and gas might just cover what you spend on a Taxi.

Date: May 6, 2015 23:00

jumpontopofmebaby
Leonioid
Starr

"till the next time..."

I say the Plaza or Downtown. If you are there for 2 nights you can do the Power and Light District or there are several Casino's North of Downtown. Not to sure a Taxi isn't the way to go. I think the money you save on not having to pay for parking, the rental car expense and gas might just cover what you spend on a Taxi.

If I was calling around to the hotels (I do that as opposed to calling national numbers) I would ask the person if they knew about the Stones show and if they are running a shuttle to and from the concert... and if they say no, I would ask them if they knew of any place that was running shuttle. And if a hotel was runing a shuttle for the show, I would book it...

...actually I wouldnt book it, because I would rent and drive a car so I could tail gate party in the stadium parking lot so I would look for a cheap (but not too cheap) hotel...

BUT if I didnt want to rent a car I would try to find/book a hotel that was running a shuttle, if I could find one.

Posted by: 6s7s9s ()
Date: May 6, 2015 23:06

Warning...

A taxi from MCI airport to the Plaza will cost over $60. Take the blue Super Shuttle. I am not sure about airport to downtown...maybe a flat rate is in effect.

Much cheaper to rent a car for transportation to those areas.

As for getting to the concert...the stadium is in an area all to itself. There are 2 hotels within walking distance, but as one said before, they are most likely booked by now.

There are taxis at the stadium complex for baseball games...maybe you could arrange one in advance, or with the same taxi if you are taking one TO the concert.

Date: May 7, 2015 16:03

Holy Moly

Just did my daily ticket check for Kansas City. You still can get 8 tickets in Section B on row 13 wowsa

Also Section 103.

Something has to give soon

Goto Page: Previous123456789Next
Current Page: 2 of 9

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1519
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home