Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456789Next
Current Page: 4 of 9
Re: Kansas City MO USA Rolling Stones 2015 show and travel info
Posted by: Leonioid ()
Date: May 13, 2015 15:02

Snoopy
Leonioid
Snoopy
Anyone know how seat numbers work for floor sections/ section E? Stage left to right, or reverse etc? Thanks.
IDK, but when I called these people they were very friendly and nice, they might know

Arrowhead Stadium
(816) 920-9300
1 Arrowhead Dr, Kansas City, MO 64129

And if it was critical I would also call ticketmaster to confirm.

I would guess... it could be set up several ways... so I wont guess.

Thanks for this.

My pleasure to assist Snoopy... if/when you are sure the above answers to your question are fact I would like to know too.

Posted by: Snoopy ()
Date: May 13, 2015 23:37

Leonioid
Snoopy
Leonioid
Snoopy
Anyone know how seat numbers work for floor sections/ section E? Stage left to right, or reverse etc? Thanks.
IDK, but when I called these people they were very friendly and nice, they might know

Arrowhead Stadium
(816) 920-9300

And if it was critical I would also call ticketmaster to confirm.

I would guess... it could be set up several ways... so I wont guess.

Thanks for this.

My pleasure to assist Snoopy... if/when you are sure the above answers to your question are fact I would like to know too.

Just got off phone with Arrowhead and they said the floor sections in front the seat #'s start in middle and move out to sides. For example, my newest seats are section E seat 25/26 and they will be closer to section F than section D.

Looks like I may be taking another money hit and trying again for seats closer to middle. Wish they had choose your seat feature for this show.

Hope this makes sense.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-14 00:01 by Snoopy.

Date: May 14, 2015 00:00

Actually didn't have to make a new purchase. Called ticketmaster and was able to trade my tickets for aisle towards center by agreeing to move two rows back.

They did state their policy is not to do this, but persistance and politeness smiling smiley

Date: May 14, 2015 00:02

Arrowhead Stadium
(816) 920-9300

Snoopy
Just got off phone with Arrowhead and they said the floor sections in front the seat #'s start in middle and move out to sides. For example, my newest seats (I keep trying to upgrade) are section E seat 25/26 and they will be closer to section F than section D.

So, looks like I may be taking another money hit and trying again for seats closer to middle. Wish they had choose your seat feature for this show.

Hope this makes sense.

Makes perfect sense. For fun I might call ticketmaster and ask them too.
Not saying the nice ladies at Arrowhead are wrong, but this is critical,
and I have had people tell me wrong before.

btw- werent the ladies at Arrowhead nice? I like them a lot. :)

Are you doing advance parking or day of show? I think we will just buy them day of the show, she said it would only be a Dollar more... $30.00 and I bet it wont be too far away... and if all heck breaks loose and we cancel it will save the $29.00 advance price.

Date: May 14, 2015 00:09

Leonioid
Arrowhead Stadium
(816) 920-9300

Snoopy
Just got off phone with Arrowhead and they said the floor sections in front the seat #'s start in middle and move out to sides. For example, my newest seats (I keep trying to upgrade) are section E seat 25/26 and they will be closer to section F than section D.

So, looks like I may be taking another money hit and trying again for seats closer to middle. Wish they had choose your seat feature for this show.

Hope this makes sense.

Are you doing advance parking or day of show? I think we will just buy them day of the show, she said it would only be a Dollar more... $30.00 and I bet it wont be too far away... and if all heck breaks loose and we cancel it will save the $29.00 advance price.

I'm with ya. Since I traded seat numbers on opposite ends of spectrum I'm really hoping everyone got this right. I also asked the ticketmaster guy, and his words were, "according to the map we were given by Arrowhead the lower # seats on the floor are closer to center."

Yes, Arrowhead staffer was very friendly.

I don't have any plans for KC yet. No lodging, no parking etc. We'll be driving from either Pittsburgh or Milwaukee and somewhere along the way will have to figure it out. I'd prefer to stay close and walk, or cab it so we can have a beer (or two), but sounds like nothing much near the stadium?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-14 00:11 by Snoopy.

Date: May 14, 2015 00:22

Snoopy
Leonioid
Arrowhead Stadium
(816) 920-9300

Snoopy

Hope this makes sense.

I'm with ya. Since I traded seat numbers on opposite ends of spectrum I'm really hoping everyone got this right. I also asked the ticketmaster guy, and his words were, "according to the map we were given by Arrowhead the lower # seats on the floor are closer to center."

Yes, Arrowhead staffer was very friendly.

I don't have any plans for KC yet. No lodging, no parking etc. We'll be driving from either Pittsburgh or Milwaukee and somewhere along the way will have to figure it out. I'd prefer to stay close and walk, or cab it so we can have a beer (or two), but sounds like nothing much near the stadium?

Right on man, I just asked ticketmaster too and indeed low numbers are in the middle.

So section D and section C are in the center, and seat 1 in dead center in both sections.

To triple confrim if you zoom waaaaay in on the map here you can kind of see the "1" in each section.

This info is important to me when I might be obtaining tickets outside day of the show.

For more info read through the stuff up above about cabs and hotels. I dont think you will be able to get a cab out of there after the show, but the tailgating is awesome if you drive in and park.

I checked the other day for hotels and it loked like the hotel with the water park still had rooms available for $150.00. That hotel is kind of across the highway... take a look at google maps to see. One benefit (if hotel guest parking is free) is you save $30.00 to go to the room.

Or another plan that might work good is...
If you guys are driving in, time your trip so you drive all day from where ever and then stay at some cheap highway motel a couple of hours (or so) outside of KC, check out at noon and then get to the stadium for the 3:00 gate opening. Maybe buy some food, ice and beers for the tail gating...

Then after the show... get the heck out of dodge, drive a couple of hours and grab another highway hotel...

I have done shows like that many times... moving on down the road...

Or.... many other ways...

PS copy/paste info about the hotel acorss the street

INFO FROM LAST WEEK

Adam's Mark Hotel
9103 E 39th St
Kansas City, MO 64133
Adam's Mark Hotel9103 E 39th StKansas City, MO 64133
cocokeykansascity.com
(816) 737-0200
AdBook for $150, Fri, Jun 26 – Sun, Jun 28
AdBook a room
Check-inFri, Jun 26
Check-outSun, Jun 28
Adam's Mark Hotel
$150/ night
Book

not sure about the $150...
OR try this.... it is direct, but they say they have rooms,
[www.cocokeykansascity.com]
but be aware, a lot of people look at this site.. and maybe
this post... and might grab the rooms too.

[bookings.ihotelier.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-14 00:29 by Leonioid.

Date: May 14, 2015 21:06

Thanks for info. Rooms are now over $200 for those dates for waterslide hotel, but I like your idea of staying nearby, driving in at noon and tailgating smiling smiley

Date: May 14, 2015 21:56

Snoopy
Thanks for info. Rooms are now over $200 for those dates for waterslide hotel, but I like your idea of staying nearby, driving in at noon and tailgating smiling smiley

I have a Hotel right next to the Stadium! If there is a tailgate party I want in!

Date: May 15, 2015 00:46

jumpontopofmebaby
Snoopy

I have a Hotel right next to the Stadium! If there is a tailgate party I want in!

smiling smiley

Date: May 15, 2015 01:04

Snoopy
jumpontopofmebaby
Snoopy

smiling smiley

There will be...

Posted by: tauk ()
Date: May 15, 2015 01:32

Leonioid, I have had a change of plans. I'm going to the San Diego concert. I wish I could afford to still come to Kansas City. However, it will be very difficult to afford both venues.

For SD I might have to forego any sleep for about 36 hours if I decide I can't afford any hotel...I might just take the 1 hour flight from Vegas to SD on the day of the show & then after the show stay up all night (probably at the SD airport) & fly back home at 7:30 A.M.

I really wanted to meet you & any others who are going to Kansas City...maybe another Tour sometime, hopefully. I'm sure y'all will have a great time.

I ended up in SD with Section A4 Row 3 Center Front section with the runway that runs down through it. I hate giving up my 7th seat from the runway in KS, wish I was rich enough for both cities.

I appreciate all your help & advice. I did have reservations at The Holiday Inn which was going to be about a 30 minute walk to Arrowhead Stadium. I had checked a couple of other places, one that you mentioned, but they were all full.

Next on my To do List: see if I have any furniture in my apt that I might possibly be able to sell. After all, not all furniture is a real, actual necessity smiling smiley

Date: May 15, 2015 02:02

tauk
Leonioid, I have had a change of plans. I'm going to the San Diego concert. I wish I could afford to still come to Kansas City. However, it will be very difficult to afford both venues.

For SD I might have to forego any sleep for about 36 hours if I decide I can't afford any hotel...I might just take the 1 hour flight from Vegas to SD on the day of the show & then after the show stay up all night (probably at the SD airport) & fly back home at 7:30 A.M.

I really wanted to meet you & any others who are going to Kansas City...maybe another Tour sometime, hopefully. I'm sure y'all will have a great time.

I ended up in SD with Section A4 Row 3 Center Front section with the runway that runs down through it. I hate giving up my 7th seat from the runway in KS, wish I was rich enough for both cities.

I appreciate all your help & advice. I did have reservations at The Holiday Inn which was going to be about a 30 minute walk to Arrowhead Stadium. I had checked a couple of other places, one that you mentioned, but they were all full.

Next on my To do List: see if I have any furniture in my apt that I might possibly be able to sell. After all, not all furniture is a real, actual necessity smiling smiley

In many parts of the world no one has furniture, they love sitting on the floor ;) Well, you tried for KC... it is a car town for sure... whereas I think SD has a lot better public transportation.

i am curious how easy it was to spin off your KC ticket and did you gain or lose?

Plus the great gathering of Stones fans on the West coast will be in SD, and i bet you could find someone who will let you bunk with them for not much money.

Plus plus... you will make it to more shows... no one can see just one...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-15 02:02 by Leonioid.

Posted by: tauk ()
Date: May 15, 2015 02:35

Leonioid
tauk

In many parts of the world no one has furniture, they love sitting on the floor ;) Well, you tried for KC... it is a car town for sure... whereas I think SD has a lot better public transportation.

i am curious how easy it was to spin off your KC ticket and did you gain or lose?

Plus the great gathering of Stones fans on the West coast will be in SD, and i bet you could find someone who will let you bunk with them for not much money.

Plus plus... you will make it to more shows... no one can see just one...

Leonioid, I haven't sold my KS city ticket yet. I posted it here on the Sold Out ticket selling list just a little while ago this afternoon. I'm selling it with a $27 discount, I've removed all the taxes & TM fees. Front center section C, Seat #7, which means 7th seat from the runway. If I do get it sold I will always wonder how good that seat might've turned out to be...HARD DECISION! It's in a row about halfway back, perhaps near the round end of the runway.

Ya, it looks like public transporation will be a cinch from the airport to Petco Park or to any Gaslight Light District or hotels or other restaurants, bars, etc near the stadium. KS just isn't set up like that.

I keep wondering if, after being in a fairly close to the stage row at SD, I will find myself satisfied & will be able to patiently wait another couple years hoping for another Stones USA Tour...Or, I wonder, will this experience just cause the opposite effect on me? Will I find it difficult to not just KEEP GOING until I'm penniless, homeless, hungry, ragged, & hitch-hiking to every show possible? I'm clueless here...just going with the flow!

I know one thing, as bv suggested many, many pages ago on iorr when I first started asking questions, it would be a good idea for me to start saving money in a special Stones-Shows-Only savings account to get ready for whenever, hopefully, they might tour again in the US. I've learned so much from you "veteran" Stones-Show-Goers in the past 2 or 3 months!

I'm sure you guys will love the show & will have a fun road trip experience. How many people are you traveling with to KS? And then to Indy?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-15 02:44 by tauk.

Date: May 15, 2015 02:59

tauk
Leonioid, I haven't sold my KS city ticket yet. I posted it here on the Sold Out ticket selling list just a little while ago this afternoon. I'm selling it with a $27 discount, I've removed all the taxes & TM fees. Front center section C, Seat #7, which means 7th seat from the runway. If I do get it sold I will always wonder how good that seat might've turned out to be...HARD DECISION! It's in a row about halfway back, perhaps near the round end of the runway.

Ya, it looks like public transporation will be a cinch from the airport to Petco Park or to any Gaslight Light District or hotels or other restaurants, bars, etc near the stadium. KS just isn't set up like that.

I keep wondering if, after being in a fairly close to the stage row at SD, I will find myself satisfied & will be able to patiently wait another couple years hoping for another Stones USA Tour...Or, I wonder, will this experience just cause the opposite effect on me? Will I find it difficult to not just KEEP GOING until I'm penniless, homeless, hungry, ragged, & hitch-hiking to every show possible? I'm clueless here...just going with the flow!

I know one thing, as bv suggested many, many pages ago on iorr when I first started asking questions, it would be a good idea for me to start saving money in a special Stones-Shows-Only savings account to get ready for whenever, hopefully, they might tour again in the US. I've learned so much from you "veteran" Stones-Show-Goers in the past 2 or 3 months!

I'm sure you guys will love the show & will have a fun road trip experience. How many people are you traveling with to KS? And then to Indy?

Hopefully you can get almost what you paid for your ticket. Have you ever looked at stub hub? I have not had to sell a ticket in a long long time... so I am curious how it goes these days. Good luck on that.

I am only going with one person, I dont like big groups. I like to stay nimble and I dont like to baby sit people. So my one trusted concert buddy is who it will be. We have done bunches of concerts and they trust me to do it right and when I say go they do not stand around wanting to talk about it.:)

I am sure you will do great, and OPENING SHOW IS ALWAYS EXCITING!! YAY!!

Date: May 19, 2015 21:58

Wowsa

Kansas City has to be to worst selling show of the tour.

Lower Level Seats Now $144.

Lots and lots of great seats left.

Sections B and E Floor Seats Row 12 Still Available and now cheaper.

Good thing this show is towards the end of the tour

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: May 19, 2015 22:12

Wow they even have tickets advertised for $35.50 in the top half of the upper sections.

Date: May 19, 2015 22:34

kovach
Wow they even have tickets advertised for $35.50 in the top half of the upper sections.

Yes got my son two lucky dips.

Wonder where they will be located?

Date: May 21, 2015 12:20

Ticket claimed

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-25 23:39 by Snoopy.

Posted by: cmc ()
Date: May 22, 2015 05:25

Driving Minneapolis to KC the day of. No tickets in hand yet. But, my truck has a tailgate! See you all there!

Posted by: 6s7s9s ()
Date: May 22, 2015 18:09

How do you tell which tickets are left for KC...other than search one price level at a time? Some have maps on the Ticketmaster sites showing what is available, but that feature isn't available for KC.

Posted by: HollywoodStone ()
Date: May 22, 2015 18:12

6s7s9s
How do you tell which tickets are left for KC...other than search one price level at a time? Some have maps on the Ticketmaster sites showing what is available, but that feature isn't available for KC.

I think the easiest way is to call Ticketmaster, be polite, and ask them what's available based on your price point and seat preference. Worked for me and I was able to consolidate all 8 of my tickets together on the field.

Posted by: perle ()
Date: May 26, 2015 18:44

I am still trying to figure out who to get from downtown KC to arrowhead without having to drive. Does anyone know of a bar, restaurant or hotel that may have a shuttle.

Date: May 26, 2015 20:39

Seems like there is starting to be a little more interest in tickets. Checked again this morning and seats are now several rows farther back then before.

Still 4 weeks to go. I guess they know what they were doing after all? Just a slow sell. I like it fast and furious. I tend to think when tickets go quick the crowd all excited to be there and makes for a good rowdy and loud crowd.

bwtfdik

Date: May 26, 2015 21:32

jumpontopofmebaby
Wowsa

Where do you see this? I have been watching closely and the only LL seats @ $144 are in the back of the stadium. What is the closest section that you see for $144? THX

Date: May 26, 2015 21:34

perle
I am still trying to figure out who to get from downtown KC to arrowhead without having to drive. Does anyone know of a bar, restaurant or hotel that may have a shuttle.

I would look at the Power and Light district downtown. Check the bars and hotels.

Date: May 26, 2015 21:37

6s7s9s
jumpontopofmebaby
Wowsa

Where do you see this? I have been watching closely and the only LL seats @ $144 are in the back of the stadium. What is the closest section that you see for $144? THX

Call ticketmaster . Ask for specific sections. Section 118 and 119 both came up for the $144

Date: May 27, 2015 00:40

6s7s9s
perle

I would look at the Power and Light district downtown. Check the bars and hotels.

I emailed the Power and Light District...no shuttles planned at this time.

Posted by: perle ()
Date: May 28, 2015 18:55

There is always hope, of someone else (responsible) driving.

Posted by: Sinkiller ()
Date: May 29, 2015 17:49

I'm very excited about the Arrowhead show. It will be only my second Stones show, and the first time for my wife. My first show was in Oklahoma City on the 40 licks tour. I was in the last row of the upper level, at the farthest point from the stage you could get. There were probably people driving by in the street outside where actually closer than me. grinning smiley

And it was still an awesome show from my perspective.

So...this time I bought during the presale, and got upper deck 301 section. I've set there before and for the price they are exceptionally good seats to have if you're toward the front of the section. I know they are upper deck, but they are priced well, and quite decent. Again..for the price. I enjoyed that section last time I was there.

Then yesterday I'm scanning ticketmaster as I always do... just to see what's still out there. Section D tickets about 27 rows back, seat 1 and 2 pop up. Right next to the ramp.

I debated about half a second and pounced on them.

So now I have two tickets too many. LOL. I put them up for sale on the ticketmaster site, at a reduced price, since I'm not interested in a profit. I just want to get rid of the extras.

I guess my question is... has anyone had any luck selling through them?

Posted by: Harwood518 ()
Date: June 3, 2015 04:48

Got two tickets , section 102, row 34,#26 and 27. Driving in from St Louis, 4 hour drive on 70. Not too bad. Still deciding on a hotel. Great place to tailgate!

Goto Page: Previous123456789Next
Current Page: 4 of 9

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1795
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home