Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3940414243444546474849...LastNext
Current Page: 44 of 65
Re: The Rolling Stones at The Fonda Theatre LA Wed May 20
Posted by: JumpinJeppeFlash ()
Date: May 21, 2015 09:01

Turner68
swimtothemoon
JumpinJeppeFlash
After this fantastic set we will be back to miss you and the rest of them on sunday.

I hope not! Certainly would be disappointing to this fan. Doesn't make sense
To spend all the rehersal effort, learning SF, for only one tiny free show.

Their web site says it was a "one time only" set list

That's the reality i'm afraid. I'm going for Orlando & Nashville and expect nothing but warhorses and tons of miss yousad smiley

Posted by: alieb ()
Date: May 21, 2015 09:02

JumpinJeppeFlash
Turner68
swimtothemoon
JumpinJeppeFlash
After this fantastic set we will be back to miss you and the rest of them on sunday.

That's the reality i'm afraid. I'm going for Orlando & Nashville and expect nothing but warhorses and tons of miss yousad smiley

Well... at least they're being honest.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: May 21, 2015 09:02

StickyExile98
Apparently camera's and phones weren't permitted inside the venue. Does that mean I'm not going to get to hear/watch them play Moonlight Mile, Can't You Hear me Knocking,Sister Morphine, I Got the Blues, You Gotta Move, Rock Me Baby and Can't Turn You Loose?

Some has to have video footage... Come on

Posted by: stones2000 ()
Date: May 21, 2015 09:06

Green Lady
StickyExile98
Apparently camera's and phones weren't permitted inside the venue. Does that mean I'm not going to get to hear/watch them play Moonlight Mile, Can't You Hear me Knocking,Sister Morphine, I Got the Blues, You Gotta Move, Rock Me Baby and Can't Turn You Loose?

Some has to have video footage... Come on

grinning smiley Haha good one

Date: May 21, 2015 09:07

Would be extremly ignorant to the real fans not to release this show.

Date: May 21, 2015 09:08

onlystones
Turner68
onlystones
Real Quick...That was utterly fantastic. Easily my favorite show, set-list performance in a long while. I cant type I'm shaking so bad with excitement. That was incredible. I will stay on for a few minutes, then we are going to party. What a great trip so far. I promise details I guarantee I will be up all night then sleep on the plane home tommorow

Glad you liked! What was the highlight?

I am a huge Bitch fan. Sister morphine is very personal to me. But Moonlight Mile... I felt so sad and lonesome I could not help but cry.

thumbs up Tell us more!

Posted by: a bigger nut ()
Date: May 21, 2015 09:10

Request candidates must be filled by Sticky Fingers I think.smiling smiley

Posted by: RobberBride ()
Date: May 21, 2015 09:11

Thanks for the poster and images, Irix ++
It´s a great day. So what, some connected people were there? Its LA. Its how it works there. I´d bet they will release this on some format soon enough.
So it will all be fine -

Lets be glad this went down.

Posted by: onlystones ()
Date: May 21, 2015 09:12

I can't believe I am the only IORRer reporting. I never name names or places, but I saw several prominent IORR posters tonight. I am going off now I have regained my composure. I have stopped shaking and started breathing normally. My ears are still ringing. We are going to party in LA tonight. There are a lot of people around and lots of excitement still in the air. A good time will be had by all... I will check back in a little while.

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: May 21, 2015 09:13

alieb
JumpinJeppeFlash
Turner68
swimtothemoon
JumpinJeppeFlash

Well... at least they're being honest.

My first show is Minneapolis. I guess we will see once they play the San Diego
show.

Posted by: JadedFaded ()
Date: May 21, 2015 09:14

Turner68
swimtothemoon
JumpinJeppeFlash

I am looking forward to San Diego. I don't mind the old war horse hits, but I would really enjoy if they did a couple of my SF favorites like IGTB or YGTM. I'm guessing they will do DF, they might do Rock Me Baby for BB at every show. I am also going to Milwaukee and with Buddy Guy, they will surely do a BB tribute. I can't believe I am only going to two concerts this tour. The last time I went to so few shows was in the 80s. But the schedule for this tour was just not condusive for me

Posted by: TIRED ()
Date: May 21, 2015 09:15

wellalright
a VIP corporate gig. would you expect anything less at this point? all of it so misleading--the faux twitter thing, the non-periscope event, the weird ticket "sale" - whoever works with the Stones on this crap is just so out of touch.and sadly, almost no buzz about this event today--no online trending, nothing. Old men playing by old rules, sorry. I'm sure the show was solid; they are still professional. But they're so out of touch.

you really brought it to the point and expressed what many of us are feeling or suspecting.... they're all so "out of touch" by now - how true! how sad!

Posted by: Sam4741 ()
Date: May 21, 2015 09:21

TIRED
wellalright
a VIP corporate gig. would you expect anything less at this point? all of it so misleading--the faux twitter thing, the non-periscope event, the weird ticket "sale" - whoever works with the Stones on this crap is just so out of touch.and sadly, almost no buzz about this event today--no online trending, nothing. Old men playing by old rules, sorry. I'm sure the show was solid; they are still professional. But they're so out of touch.

you really brought it to the point and expressed what many of us are feeling or suspecting.... they're all so "out of touch" by now - how true! how sad!

What exactly made this a VIP corporate gig? Rumors had been circulating on here for months and it was tweeted by the Stones twitter account hours before tickets went on sale.

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: May 21, 2015 09:25

Sam4741
What exactly made this a VIP corporate gig? Rumors had been circulating on here for months and it was tweeted by the Stones twitter account hours before tickets went on sale.

That's true but when only approx 100 to 200 Tickets go on sale it does look a bit figleafish

edit: I don't claim to know the number, but Justin was there and he said so

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-21 09:31 by Nikkei.

Date: May 21, 2015 09:27

TIRED
wellalright

They need to dump this Twitter thing and periscope thing. It's an embaresment. When the fans are allowed to use their cell phones we get the same thing only better. Come on we know Keith is not twittering!

Re: TICKETS ON SALE FOR FONDA (SORRY NEW THREAD)
Posted by: roller99 ()
Date: May 21, 2015 09:29

awesome show! Front row, KR side. Wow!

Posted by: Justin ()

wellalright

There were many many fans including myself who were completely locked out. Announcing a club show on Twitter and making everyone log on to snag a little more than 100 tickets was an illusion to make it appear like it was open to the public. Truth was that by the time they announced the show this afternoon, 95% of the tickets were already claimed for by industry-types, people in the know and insiders who are connected to the band and/or related record company.

Club/theater shows are (were?) the only place where fans could have the band for themselves and weed out the industry type. Really a shame that a classic album was in essence wasted on this type of crowd. From the outside you could clearly see many many people leave after 15, 20 minutes after the show started. They would still not let people in. Fans who waited all day at both the El Rey and the Fonda were shocked that they were locked out.

If this is how the band wants to handle club shows from now on---I'd rather they not come back to LA.

Posted by: swiss ()

Leonioid
Lets hope this show is released.

Is it monetizable? Yes. Then it will be released. Pretty straightforward tongue sticking out smiley

Posted by: wellalright ()

exactly. hey industry shows are fine. whatever. they wanted a flashy audience to shoot the show against because hey, johnny depp luuuuuuvs the rolling stones, right, matey? many bands are using periscope in cool, interesting ways. but there was NO WAY IN HELL they were going to give this show away for free. not when there are at least 2-300 people that will pay for a deluxe bonus boxed set with poster and gold-plated zipper.

do a google news search. this show barely dented the wall of public attention. nary a blip. things have changed. it's sad, but true. it's kind of depressing but i've got no expectations these days. the band needs a refresh,as does the brand. it's gotten stale for me. sorry to be such a downer. will always love them, but it's just getting to be more past tense. they're selling day old bread now,and not too effectively.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-21 09:34 by wellalright.

Re: TICKETS ON SALE FOR FONDA (SORRY NEW THREAD)
Date: May 21, 2015 09:33

roller99
awesome show! Front row, KR side. Wow!

Sweet...

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: May 21, 2015 09:35

Sam4741
TIRED
wellalright

1) the invite only bit was already reported a couple weeks ago
2) the Fonda Theater holds about 1200 people; there were only 100-200 tickets actually sold this afternoon via their website. The other 1000 tickets were distributed to insiders. The Twitter announcement was a way to include SOME fans--but it was very slim chances.
3) most of the people who picked up their tickets at the El Re all followed the same trend; young, model types. Only a few of them looked like someone you'd find at a typical Stones show.

Posted by: wellalright ()
Date: May 21, 2015 09:37

all this aside.....where are the reviews? No real-time reporting? Nothing? Not one truly first hand account as of yet. I know they confiscated phones. Did they cut out tongues and chop off fingers, too?

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: May 21, 2015 09:40

That's why we need more club shows in Europe instead of Hollywood. They know they can't pull the fan figleaf here, so they do a surprise gig for the fans and a top secret banker show for the fatcats.

Date: May 21, 2015 09:42

wellalright
all this aside.....where are the reviews? No real-time reporting? Nothing? Not one truly first hand account as of yet. I know they confiscated phones. Did they cut out tongues and chop off fingers, too?

Sounds like only a couple IORR's made it in. The rest were Barbie and Ken.

BV will give us a full report.

Date: May 21, 2015 09:46

Justin
wellalright

There were many many fans including myself who were completely locked out. Announcing a club show on Twitter and making everyone log on to snag a little more than 100 tickets was an illusion to make it appear like it was open to the public. Truth was that by the time they announced the show this afternoon, 95% of the tickets were already claimed for by industry-types, people in the know and insiders who are connected to the band and/or related record company.

Club/theater shows are (were?) the only place where fans could have the band for themselves and weed out the industry type. Really a shame that a classic album was in essence wasted on this type of crowd. From the outside you could clearly see many many people leave after 15, 20 minutes after the show started. They would still not let people in. Fans who waited all day at both the El Rey and the Fonda were shocked that they were locked out.

If this is how the band wants to handle club shows from now on---I'd rather they not come back to LA.

such a shame to treat real fans like this, but no one can hardly be surprised.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: May 21, 2015 09:47

Justin

People leaving that early, wow...

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: The Stones ()
Date: May 21, 2015 09:54

That's pretty much a flawless setlist. Too bad it's a one time only. Would be great to hear reports from people from iorr who got in. I don't really care about seeing the band at big stadiums anymore, but I would've wanted to be a The Fonda and of course at Echoplex 2013. Anyway, hopefully many genuine fans made it to The Fonda and not only corporate people and models.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: May 21, 2015 10:05

BEST SHOW EVER

I have been on my feet today since 7am in the morning, and I am resting my tired feet and drinking Budweiser now. Trying to write up a short report before I fall to sleep. The short version is this:

BEST SHOW EVER

Bjornulf

Posted by: Glam Descendant ()
Date: May 21, 2015 10:14

swiss
Leonioid
Lets hope this show is released.

Is it monetizable? Yes. Then it will be released. Pretty straightforward tongue sticking out smiley

They have never released any pre-tour club shows on dvd afaik.

There was the LIGHT THE FUSE download but that's all I can recall.

Posted by: oldstones ()
Date: May 21, 2015 10:15

BV,

Really Great Show...especially keef singing backup on 3 songs... whens the last time anyone has seen that?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-21 10:16 by oldstones.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3940414243444546474849...LastNext
Current Page: 44 of 65

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1307
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home