Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4344454647484950515253...LastNext
Current Page: 48 of 65
Re: The Rolling Stones at The Fonda Theatre LA Wed May 20
Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: May 21, 2015 15:36

Thanks for the clip, Worst!

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: May 21, 2015 15:37

Don Was, Bruce Willis... need to rub it in? confused smiley

Posted by: roller99 ()
Date: May 21, 2015 15:37

Long John Stoner
Mathijs
JumpinJeppeFlash
Justin
wellalright
a VIP corporate gig. would you expect anything less at this point? all of it so misleading--the faux twitter thing, the non-periscope event, the weird ticket "sale" - whoever works with the Stones on this crap is just so out of touch.and sadly, almost no buzz about this event today--no online trending, nothing. Old men playing by old rules, sorry. I'm sure the show was solid; they are still professional. But they're so out of touch.

There were many many fans including myself who were completely locked out. Announcing a club show on Twitter and making everyone log on to snag a little more than 100 tickets was an illusion to make it appear like it was open to the public. Truth was that by the time they announced the show this afternoon, 95% of the tickets were already claimed for by industry-types, people in the know and insiders who are connected to the band and/or related record company.

Club/theater shows are (were?) the only place where fans could have the band for themselves and weed out the industry type. Really a shame that a classic album was in essence wasted on this type of crowd. From the outside you could clearly see many many people leave after 15, 20 minutes after the show started. They would still not let people in. Fans who waited all day at both the El Rey and the Fonda were shocked that they were locked out.

If this is how the band wants to handle club shows from now on---I'd rather they not come back to LA.

such a shame to treat real fans like this, but no one can hardly be surprised.

You people are awful. The Stones owe you nothing, they can do whatever they like. They can hold a private party for their freinds and associates as a warm up whenever they like it. Be glad they invited some 100 fans to join in.

Mathijs

Agree completely, Mathijs. What a group of entitled, spoiled brats who wrote those things.

Totally. Go somewhere else to whine. Not everyone gets in. Out of sheer luck, I ended up at the show in the first row. Pure luck.

Posted by: jahisnotdead ()
Date: May 21, 2015 15:39

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/wireStory/rolling-stones-rock-small-la-club-ahead-stadium-31198363

"Good Morning America" on ABC TV here in the US just did a segment on the show last night, with brief footage of the "Brown Sugar" performance. Unfortunately, it seems the video is not up on their website (yet.)

I was very pleased to see this great setlist, I hope it bodes well for the future. Looking forward to seeing the setlist on Sunday!

Posted by: detroitken ()
Date: May 21, 2015 15:46

Thanks for all the great posts/reviews.....

Posted by: liddas ()
Date: May 21, 2015 15:56

roller99
Long John Stoner
Mathijs
JumpinJeppeFlash
Justin
wellalright
a VIP corporate gig. would you expect anything less at this point? all of it so misleading--the faux twitter thing, the non-periscope event, the weird ticket "sale" - whoever works with the Stones on this crap is just so out of touch.and sadly, almost no buzz about this event today--no online trending, nothing. Old men playing by old rules, sorry. I'm sure the show was solid; they are still professional. But they're so out of touch.

There were many many fans including myself who were completely locked out. Announcing a club show on Twitter and making everyone log on to snag a little more than 100 tickets was an illusion to make it appear like it was open to the public. Truth was that by the time they announced the show this afternoon, 95% of the tickets were already claimed for by industry-types, people in the know and insiders who are connected to the band and/or related record company.

Club/theater shows are (were?) the only place where fans could have the band for themselves and weed out the industry type. Really a shame that a classic album was in essence wasted on this type of crowd. From the outside you could clearly see many many people leave after 15, 20 minutes after the show started. They would still not let people in. Fans who waited all day at both the El Rey and the Fonda were shocked that they were locked out.

If this is how the band wants to handle club shows from now on---I'd rather they not come back to LA.

such a shame to treat real fans like this, but no one can hardly be surprised.

You people are awful. The Stones owe you nothing, they can do whatever they like. They can hold a private party for their freinds and associates as a warm up whenever they like it. Be glad they invited some 100 fans to join in.

Mathijs

Agree completely, Mathijs. What a group of entitled, spoiled brats who wrote those things.

Totally. Go somewhere else to whine. Not everyone gets in. Out of sheer luck, I ended up at the show in the first row. Pure luck.

Don't know how can people criticize the organization this time: not only they gave you a Stones club show with an incredible set for 5$, on top of that they even packed up the place with beautiful babes!

C

Posted by: NEWMAN ()
Date: May 21, 2015 15:56

Hmmmm.... Mick on the snippet of Moonlight Mile sounded, well not very steady.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: May 21, 2015 15:58

liddas
not only they gave you a Stones club show with an incredible set for 5$, on top of that they even packed up the place with beautiful babes!

C

... who thought the awful bunch of old men onstage were warming the place up for the Taylor Swift secret show? >grinning smiley<

Posted by: angee ()
Date: May 21, 2015 15:58

onlystones, I am still curious on how you got your ticket.
How did your "guy" find you, and you him?

Very happy for you and others that you were able to attend.

Bjornulf, thats a marvelous testimony. I love the album too.

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: donvis ()
Date: May 21, 2015 16:00

The Stones owe their fans everything, without them they could never have enjoyed the privileged lifestyle they have. I'm not saying they should hang out with the fans but having a bunch of models down front who don't stay for even half the show is a pretty shitty way to treat the hard core supporters who have stuck with them, buying every release, going to every tour. Let's hope this doesn't become a lost show like Knebworth, Altamont, and El Mocambo.

Posted by: roller99 ()
Date: May 21, 2015 16:01

People! This is a thread about the gig, not a forum to complain or be critical. The Stones are a gift. Yes, they have warts. Enjoy them while we have them.

Peace

Posted by: gotdablouse ()

Seems like you've become the biggest fan now Roller99, quite the turnaround isn't it since last week when you told us you were not that much of a fan ? Yet you managed to cook up a story about SF that you got you selected for an interview and thus a ticket ?...Care to explain that miracle of sorts ?

NEWMAN

That's what it looked like to me too...nice guitar though, reminds me of Ronnie's Zematis :

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-21 16:08 by gotdablouse.

Posted by: Rokyfan ()

roller99

So if someone doesn't like the fact that what the Rolling Stones are about today involves an almost private show with 90% of the tickets given to celebrities, etc while the fans, outside, are shut out, it's whining and an opinion that doesn't belong here?' Why, because you lucked out? Some people remember why they became fans of this band. I know you just want to read things you agree with and everyone else should go somewhere else, but fans who don;t share your opinion on these things have a legit point of view.

Posted by: mjmjr ()
Date: May 21, 2015 16:04

Nikkei
Sounding good, looking good, doin' everything they should...
brutal "Whoo" by Lisa though

It was a brutal whoo....that's not part of the song......but yea everything else sounded great!

Date: May 21, 2015 16:10

roller99
People! This is a thread about the gig, not a forum to complain or be critical. The Stones are a gift. Yes, they have warts. Enjoy them while we have them.

Peace

Do you notice that you, yourself, are complaining now?

Date: May 21, 2015 16:12

This was an epic show and one for the Stones history books for sure! I truly hope they release it so the fans can have it and be happy, even if they didn't get to experience the almost impossible to get into live event at the Fonda Theater.

Thanks to everyone for the setlists, reviews and photos. Keep it coming, I cant get enough of hearing about this show!

Posted by: djgab ()
Date: May 21, 2015 16:14

The bass in Brown Sugar is very upfront !
edit:I wrote "start me up", the Fonda night made me lost winking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-22 09:01 by djgab.

Date: May 21, 2015 16:16

NEWMAN

Commander surely has a problem with the high notes here. It's a pity since it's a favourite song of mine.

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: May 21, 2015 16:17

roller99

Peace

I can be critical of the gig if I want to. I am not because by all accounts it was the bomb.
If they publish only one minute of live footage and it features Bruce Willis smug face and Don Was standing on a bucket to be seen or something, I am critical of that.

Posted by: onlystones ()
Date: May 21, 2015 16:20

angee
onlystones, I am still curious on how you got your ticket.
How did your "guy" find you, and you him?

Very happy for you and others that you were able to attend.

Bjornulf, thats a marvelous testimony. I love the album too.

I put out feelers everywhere. I finally just rode around the area of the theatre and asked everyone I saw "how much?" he said "five grand" I said "get in". When he got in I started to feel him out. I determined he was for real, then asked him what else he wanted. He stated he wanted a pub crawl all over LA in a limo and the company of a nice young lady for the night. I told him DONE AND DONE AND I WAS IN. The rest of the night was magical.

Posted by: longlongwinter ()
Date: May 21, 2015 16:21

The Stones are blessed…more energy and better playing in their 70's….look at U2 in their 50's, still good but big difference from 10yrs ago

Posted by: KeithFnRichards ()
Date: May 21, 2015 16:22

Posted by: Cocaine Eyes ()
Date: May 21, 2015 16:29

So very thrilled my professor friend from Toronto got in. NOW he'll have more to teach his university students. He's thrilled as well. hot smiley

CE smoking smiley

Date: May 21, 2015 16:30

TIRED
wellalright

you really brought it to the point and expressed what many of us are feeling or suspecting.... they're all so "out of touch" by now - how true! how sad!

Sad but true. I guess it's there ship to run and we just have to put up with it...

Mike

[www.flickr.com]

Posted by: JumpinJeppeFlash ()
Date: May 21, 2015 16:31

Rokyfan
roller99

So if someone doesn't like the fact that what the Rolling Stones are about today involves an almost private show with 90% of the tickets given to celebrities, etc while the fans, outside, are shut out, it's whining and an opinion that doesn't belong here?' Why, because you lucked out? Some people remember why they became fans of this band. I know you just want to read things you agree with and everyone else should go somewhere else, but fans who don;t share your opinion on these things have a legit point of view.

It´s easy to tell someone to go "somewhere else to whine" when you just had the luck of your life. I don´t think all the hardcores queuing outside the venue for most of the day and night without a chance of getting those tickets and seeing a lot of people who couldn´t care less walk away from the venue after 15-20 minutes of the gig, agree with roller99 that all of us expressing our opinions about that should go "somewhere else to whine".

Posted by: stones2000 ()
Date: May 21, 2015 16:35

The Worst.
A few bits from Brown Sugar and Moonlight Mile here:

Thanks for posting!

Posted by: DEmerson ()
Date: May 21, 2015 16:36

That is a great write up, I assume you need to be on Facebook to see it (but maybe not). Kind of puts you there - although sort of not. Would like to hear more about the atmosphere, the crowd etc. Guessing those reports from the VERY lucky few will come.
I'm a bit saddened to see RS.com say it's a one time only set list - makes me think this could be the only time they play all of SF - but we shall see - soon!

Date: May 21, 2015 16:38

bv
BEST SHOW EVER

I have been on my feet today since 7am in the morning, and I am resting my tired feet and drinking Budweiser now. Trying to write up a short report before I fall to sleep. The short version is this:

BEST SHOW EVER

Budweiser? Surely BV you can find something better to celebrate with...eye rolling smiley

Mike

[www.flickr.com]

Posted by: Cocaine Eyes ()
Date: May 21, 2015 16:39

roller99

Peace

Thank you for saying it. Indeed, they are a gift. No time to be critical.

Thanks again,
CE smoking smiley

Posted by: bart-man ()
Date: May 21, 2015 16:43

A couple of nice looking ladies on the first row (Are they real Stones fans confused smiley ) a couple of celebs and friends and a bounch of real Stones fans. Sounds like a Stones clubshow ;-)

I only think the bass on Brown Sugar was a bit to loud. But hey, if you where there, who cares ;-)

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4344454647484950515253...LastNext
Current Page: 48 of 65

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2094
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home