Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4142434445464748495051...LastNext
Current Page: 46 of 65
Re: The Rolling Stones at The Fonda Theatre LA Wed May 20
Posted by: 1962 ()
Date: May 21, 2015 11:44

what about Mick's voice on MM???

Posted by: bv ()
Date: May 21, 2015 11:47

Mick said next year they will come back and do the entire "Satanic Majesties". Hey Mick don't make jokes about that album. You would need to bring back Bill for "In Another land", and I am really looking forward to more versions of "2000 Light Years From Home". Also, Matt Clifford is ready!

Bjornulf

Posted by: Leonioid ()
Date: May 21, 2015 11:49

likecats
syrel
Leonioid

Now.... I wonder if any of the cats that were hanging around out front and asking here about it got in for any part of the show... I was hoping for them the whole time. I wonder if they did?

I was pretty much at the front of the 'just in case' line up at Fonda until 9.15 - no one got in (as far as I know), except for one or two that were able to benefit from favours/connections.

syrel

I stayed until the end of the show. The crowd continued to thin out and I was the very last one to walk away. As far as I could tell, not one person got in who was hoping for a miracle ticket. I couldn't even find a scalper. It was a long, sad drive back to San Diego.

Sorry to hear that cats :( but if you did your best and it didnt work out.... then at least you own your story. You were there and you did what you could and waited until you were the very last person to walk away. That is admirable. A sad story, but a good story to have as your own.

Sometimes our stories of when things did not work out are the best stories. You have my admiration for what you did and hopefully in the long run you will get paid your due for your efforts.

Good job on trying. If I had been as close as San Diego I would have done what you did too with probably the same results and this is what I would saying to myself right now. All we can do is what we can do.

Have fun at opening night, it will be a blast.

Date: May 21, 2015 11:50

Great review bv, nicely put. After the number of shows and the variety of shows you have witnessed, this one must have been very special for you to rate it so highly. Way cool!

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: May 21, 2015 11:50

DandelionPowderman
Justin
LA Corporate gig is underway with Start Me Up

Ah, I hoped you got in, my friend!

Thank you buddy...wish I did too!

Posted by: onlystones ()
Date: May 21, 2015 11:51

onlystones
Turner68
onlystones
Real Quick...That was utterly fantastic. Easily my favorite show, set-list performance in a long while. I cant type I'm shaking so bad with excitement. That was incredible. I will stay on for a few minutes, then we are going to party. What a great trip so far. I promise details I guarantee I will be up all night then sleep on the plane home tommorow

Glad you liked! What was the highlight?

I am a huge Bitch fan. Sister morphine is very personal to me. But Moonlight Mile... I felt so sad and lonesome I could not help but cry.

Date: May 21, 2015 11:52

This last post was in response to the MM questions.

Date: May 21, 2015 11:52

muenke
Thanks Oldstones and BV! Very cool setlist and for sure a very special event! Was it filmed? Did you see any cameras? I really would like to see/hear this gig!

Indeed! This was a filming event! There were at least three remote control cameras in the front, and in the roof of the stage. How great it was to get rid of the guys behind those cameras up front. Then they had taken out a few hundred seats for cameras and mixers. Hopefully they will release this next month.

Bjornulf

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: May 21, 2015 11:54

gotdablouse
Justin
From the outside you could clearly see many many people leave after 15, 20 minutes after the show started.

People leaving that early, wow...

Saw the same thing happening in London, at the Astoria, 2003...
Pretty repulsive; all these UK showbizz 'A'-listers getting out after a mere 20 to 25 mins...

Date: May 21, 2015 12:03

It is like 30 pages on this thread since I left my hotel room this morning. It will take some time before I am catching up. I hope some of you made it to the show. It was the hardest ticket for a lnng time.

Bjornulf

Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: May 21, 2015 12:10

If the reports are true that was primarily an industry show, I wonder if this might have been a demo to court a potential new label? i.e. to show that they are still a functioning, viable band?

Date: May 21, 2015 12:13

Father Ted
If the reports are true that was primarily an industry show, I wonder if this might have been a demo to court a potential new label? i.e. to show that they are still a functioning, viable band?

If the Stones need to "audition" for a record contract, there won't be much hope for us other bands grinning smiley

Posted by: welshphil ()
Date: May 21, 2015 12:19

RoughJusticeOnYa
gotdablouse
Justin
From the outside you could clearly see many many people leave after 15, 20 minutes after the show started.

People leaving that early, wow...

Saw the same thing happening in London, at the Astoria, 2003...
Pretty repulsive; all these UK showbizz 'A'-listers getting out after a mere 20 to 25 mins...

Saw exactly the same outside The Roseland Ballroom New York in 2002. People leaving after 15 minutes claiming they had somewhere else to be seen . Anyway , am flighing from the U.K. for the Milwaukee show ( haven't managed to get ticket yet ) and 8 days of Summerfest ..The BEST music festival of them all!!

Posted by: MAF ()
Date: May 21, 2015 12:26

Here are the photos made last night, kowalski has already posted some of them above:

http://www.gettyimages.de

Posted by: JumpinJeppeFlash ()
Date: May 21, 2015 12:27

MAF
Here are the photos made last night, kowalski has already posted some of them above:

http://www.gettyimages.de

Harry Styles? Off course, what else to expect?

Met him backstage in Stockholm last year...

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: May 21, 2015 12:28

Thanks for your review BV !!
Wish i could have been there.

Enjoy the restof the Tour !!

jeroen

Posted by: TE ()
Date: May 21, 2015 12:29

bv
You simply can't write about this show without getting emotional. Well at least that goes for me. "Sticky Fingers" was my first Stones album...
Snip Snip

Tnx, great, down to Earth report from a Stones Heart!!!

TE
Oslo

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: May 21, 2015 13:23

Did someone follow the models, or Harry Stiles, to the after-party?

Posted by: Handova ()
Date: May 21, 2015 13:35

Is there anywhere where I'd see the set list?

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: May 21, 2015 13:38

Handova

Is there anywhere where I'd see the set list?

[Twitter.com]

[Twitter.com]

Show reports: [www.rollingstones.com] as well as [www.iorr.org] , [www.iorr.org] .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-21 14:15 by Irix.

Posted by: Handova ()
Date: May 21, 2015 13:42

Thank you, Irix !!! ... As much as I'm loving reading all the comments it was becoming frustrating not to find out what they actually played. What a lovely set list...

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: May 21, 2015 13:43

JumpinJeppeFlash
Mathijs
JumpinJeppeFlash
Justin
wellalright
a VIP corporate gig. would you expect anything less at this point? all of it so misleading--the faux twitter thing, the non-periscope event, the weird ticket "sale" - whoever works with the Stones on this crap is just so out of touch.and sadly, almost no buzz about this event today--no online trending, nothing. Old men playing by old rules, sorry. I'm sure the show was solid; they are still professional. But they're so out of touch.

There were many many fans including myself who were completely locked out. Announcing a club show on Twitter and making everyone log on to snag a little more than 100 tickets was an illusion to make it appear like it was open to the public. Truth was that by the time they announced the show this afternoon, 95% of the tickets were already claimed for by industry-types, people in the know and insiders who are connected to the band and/or related record company.

Club/theater shows are (were?) the only place where fans could have the band for themselves and weed out the industry type. Really a shame that a classic album was in essence wasted on this type of crowd. From the outside you could clearly see many many people leave after 15, 20 minutes after the show started. They would still not let people in. Fans who waited all day at both the El Rey and the Fonda were shocked that they were locked out.

If this is how the band wants to handle club shows from now on---I'd rather they not come back to LA.

such a shame to treat real fans like this, but no one can hardly be surprised.

You people are awful. The Stones owe you nothing, they can do whatever they like. They can hold a private party for their freinds and associates as a warm up whenever they like it. Be glad they invited some 100 fans to join in.

Mathijs

Wow, have you woken up on the wrong side of bed today?

Matthijs is absolutely 100% on the right side of the bed - ànd the argument, here. smileys with beer

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: May 21, 2015 13:51

Great pictures. This goes to the Stones of course, Getty Images just did their job cool smiley

Matt Clifford in the final bow? What an achievement, Boy! You've come a long way. >grinning smiley<

Date: May 21, 2015 13:54

RoughJusticeOnYa
JumpinJeppeFlash
Mathijs
JumpinJeppeFlash
Justin
wellalright
a VIP corporate gig. would you expect anything less at this point? all of it so misleading--the faux twitter thing, the non-periscope event, the weird ticket "sale" - whoever works with the Stones on this crap is just so out of touch.and sadly, almost no buzz about this event today--no online trending, nothing. Old men playing by old rules, sorry. I'm sure the show was solid; they are still professional. But they're so out of touch.

There were many many fans including myself who were completely locked out. Announcing a club show on Twitter and making everyone log on to snag a little more than 100 tickets was an illusion to make it appear like it was open to the public. Truth was that by the time they announced the show this afternoon, 95% of the tickets were already claimed for by industry-types, people in the know and insiders who are connected to the band and/or related record company.

Club/theater shows are (were?) the only place where fans could have the band for themselves and weed out the industry type. Really a shame that a classic album was in essence wasted on this type of crowd. From the outside you could clearly see many many people leave after 15, 20 minutes after the show started. They would still not let people in. Fans who waited all day at both the El Rey and the Fonda were shocked that they were locked out.

If this is how the band wants to handle club shows from now on---I'd rather they not come back to LA.

such a shame to treat real fans like this, but no one can hardly be surprised.

You people are awful. The Stones owe you nothing, they can do whatever they like. They can hold a private party for their freinds and associates as a warm up whenever they like it. Be glad they invited some 100 fans to join in.

Mathijs

Wow, have you woken up on the wrong side of bed today?

Matthijs is absolutely 100% on the right side of the bed - ànd the argument, here. smileys with beer

And your point is? I have the right to my opinion and i have never called anyone "awful" because of that.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-21 14:02 by JumpinJeppeFlash.

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: May 21, 2015 13:59

So - are there any videos yet? I couldnt find any. No cameras allowed? Looks like a fantastic set and a fantastic tour to come.
Cheers
schwonek

Posted by: UnpurePurist ()
Date: May 21, 2015 14:01

Please release this one boys...

Congrats to all the fans who made it in, sounds like you all had a blast! thumbs up

Posted by: Stoneburst ()
Date: May 21, 2015 14:02

schwonek
So - are there any videos yet? I couldnt find any. No cameras allowed? Looks like a fantastic set and a fantastic tour to come.
Cheers
schwonek

It was apparently proshot, but no cameras or smartphones were allowed it. Also, this was a one-off setlist. I guess they might retain one or two of the deeper cuts for the stadium shows - hard to say which ones.

Date: May 21, 2015 14:02

It's 4am LA time, I'm back in my room. This is my perspective. I know this is the best I show I have ever seen. Bottom line is that flew to LA. Got a nice hotel room, and then bought a ticket then partied before and after the show with my own money. No favors from anyone, which is the only way I travel to Stones shows. I am just a fan. I have been to many shows. A count or a list of them is not needed. If you want more details, ask on this forum and I'll tell you whether or not I will answer them. They are now only war stories. I am truly only about the Stones music and performances.

As for the performance, they are better than ever. I think it is because the whole total unit works better than ever. Bitch (L and G/STP) was my favorite performance until now. I know there was no Bobby or MT but it rolled hard. Moonlight Mile was truly moving. I did have a tear in my eye. Sister morphine is too personal to comment on for me. I just stood there in awe. I could go blow by blow on the rest of the set, but let me make it easy...OUTSTANDING!!!

My next show, as of now, is Atlanta, LD's with my aunt (followed by ORL,Nashville and Raleigh). Gold Rings on you all.

I will stay on for awhile if anyone cares to give their perspective.

Date: May 21, 2015 14:04

Stoneburst
schwonek
Cheers
schwonek

It was apparently proshot, but no cameras or smartphones were allowed it. Also, this was a one-off setlist. I guess they might retain one or two of the deeper cuts for the stadium shows - hard to say which ones.

They film every show so notning special about that. But according to BV and a few others there were a LOT of cameras and mixing desks in the room so hopefully they will release this show togheter with the Sticky re-release.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-21 14:04 by JumpinJeppeFlash.

Date: May 21, 2015 14:06

onlystones
It's 4am LA time, I'm back in my room. This is my perspective. I know this is the best I show I have ever seen. Bottom line is that flew to LA. Got a nice hotel room, and then bought a ticket then partied before and after the show with my own money. No favors from anyone, which is the only way I travel to Stones shows. I am just a fan. I have been to many shows. A count or a list of them is not needed. If you want more details, ask on this forum and I'll tell you whether or not I will answer them. They are now only war stories. I am truly only about the Stones music and performances.

As for the performance, they are better than ever. I think it is because the whole total unit works better than ever. Bitch (L and G/STP) was my favorite performance until now. I know there was no Bobby or MT but it rolled hard. Moonlight Mile was truly moving. I did have a tear in my eye. Sister morphine is too personal to comment on for me. I just stood there in awe. I could go blow by blow on the rest of the set, but let me make it easy...OUTSTANDING!!!

My next show, as of now, is Atlanta, LD's with my aunt (followed by ORL,Nashville and Raleigh). Gold Rings on you all.

I will stay on for awhile if anyone cares to give their perspective.

How did You Gotta Move go down? Did Keith sing back up vocals on it?

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4142434445464748495051...LastNext
Current Page: 46 of 65

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1873
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home