Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...181182183184185186187188189190191...LastNext
Current Page: 186 of 307
Re: Mick Taylor makes public outrage on Facebook regarding Exhibitionism
Posted by: onestep ()
Date: April 7, 2016 16:21

His Majesty
alimente
His Majesty

His worst decision was joining the stones.

Nice joke indeed, but what would have become of him without joining the Stones?

It's not a joke. It's something Taylor himself has pondered.

As for what ifs... I guess he would have escaped the particular mind, body and soul @#$%& that being with and for ever related to the stones has brought him.

He was thinking of doing a solo album in 1969, who knows.

Sounds like a Predestination Paradox to me......

Posted by: PhillyFAN ()
Date: April 7, 2016 16:25

Sometimes mistakes really do happen. After touring with the band on previous tours it is hard to believe they would deliberately not invite Mick Taylor. I'm sure they leave all they inviting and Exhibition opening open to their paid staff. Maybe even the Saatchi staff that could not find him in time. The band members themselves were probably sure he was invited and really surprised and disappointed he was not there. Obviously Mick Taylor took this as a personal snub and vented on Facebook. It would be worth the time to find out what actually happened and avoid all the hard feelings when this may have been a oversight on someones part.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: April 7, 2016 16:30

The Glimmer twins should find a way to put Mr. Taylor on the payroll that would provide for his living expenses and his health care ,so he is not broke and close to living on the dol. I know that some will turn there noses up that he is not owed a cent ,but it would be the right thing to do for the living legend that Mr. Taylor is beside he was there during the "golden era".

Posted by: 1962 ()
Date: April 7, 2016 16:31

The never ending boring Mick Taylor soap opera

Posted by: PhillyFAN ()
Date: April 7, 2016 16:33

PhillyFAN
Sometimes mistakes really do happen. After touring with the band on previous tours it is hard to believe they would deliberately not invite Mick Taylor. I'm sure they leave all they inviting and Exhibition opening open to their paid staff. Maybe even the Saatchi staff that could not find him in time. The band members themselves were probably sure he was invited and really surprised and disappointed he was not there. Obviously Mick Taylor took this as a personal snub and vented on Facebook. It would be worth the time to find out what actually happened and avoid all the hard feelings when this may have been a oversight on someones part.[/qu

ote]
After a little more reading, Mick Taylor no longer resides in England. Maybe the people doing the inviting could not reach him in time and sent an email. They may have assumed he was in England and could just pick the tickets up at the opening. Bill was invited. I'm sure the Stones did not publicly snub him for a retrospective on Stones history.

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: April 7, 2016 16:57

onestep

Sounds like a Predestination Paradox to me......

grinning smiley

Posted by: alimente ()
Date: April 7, 2016 17:04

Mathijs
mickschix
My personal opinion is that MT was treated poorly by the band. There ARE two sides to the story but hey, the Stones have millions and he does not...not sure of all the reasons for this but he has legitimate reasons for being upset. He was not given writing credits way back in the 70's for his contribution to songs he helped write. He quit, according to him, to save his own life when Keith was so screwed up on heroin etc and he started to use. Mick Taylor has a bad back and years ago got into meds for the pain that messed him up. That is only a tiny part of his story. The Stones COULD have been magnaminous and invited him to the opening of this show. What would it have hurt? I know that when he was on your with them in 2013 there was some unwanted drama...isn't there always with the Stones? Give the guy a BREAK! He is a brilliant guitar player and I have always suspected Keith is the one who prefers he stay away....jealousy rears its' ugly head again. I saw MT with the Stones in 2013 and when he played SWAY, it was amazing! No one can touch his particular style, IMO. They cannot deny the impact he had on them musically when he was a Stone!

This is all such bollocks. Taylor didn't receive writing credits because he didn't write songs. He quit to save his life, only to join Jack Bruce, who was even a bigger heroin addict than Keith. The Stones put their ego aside on various occaissions: Kansas City in 1981, Keith's solo album , and the 2013 and 2014 tour.

And instead of taking that huge opportunity to revive his carreer, he basically blew it by being unrehearsed, taking the spot light too much, and annoying Mick and Keith by taking over too much. Watch Midnight Rambler from Berlin 2014 and you know what I mean.

Mathijs

Thanks a lot, Mathijs. I couldn't have said it more precise. Add to all that the fact that considering the ongoing "royalty payment stop"-accusations brought up by his people it was even a miracle that the Stones invited him to tour with them between 2012 and 2014 at all and it's easy to see that a lot of things concerning Taylor, as much as I adore him musically, simply don't add up.

Here's a quote by matxil from earlier in this thread that sums it up in a way that leaves nothing more to add from my side:

"I am really very sorry for Mick Taylor, but either he or some people around him are making things much worse for him and it's getting all real sad and pathetic. It's time for him to realize that his undeniable talent didn't bring him what he thought it would bring him, and at least for *that* he cannot blame the Stones."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-04-07 17:07 by alimente.

Date: April 7, 2016 17:09

I see 'solo career' mentioned a lot, I don't get the impression Taylor is interested in such a thing, at least not a solo career in the way people seem to be meaning.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-04-07 17:15 by His Majesty.

Posted by: Fan Since 1964 ()
Date: April 7, 2016 17:16

I understand MT's rage! It's a shame that the Rolling Stones don't acknowledge him for his tribute to the band more than this. I don't like the egoism that on a exhibitonism. Every member that has participated in the history of the greatest rock and roll band should have been invited to this event. Apart from Brian and Stu (RIP) everyone should have been invited.

Been Stoned since 1964 and still am!

Posted by: onestep ()
Date: April 7, 2016 18:28

TheGreek
The Glimmer twins should find a way to put Mr. Taylor on the payroll that would provide for his living expenses and his health care ,so he is not broke and close to living on the dol. I know that some will turn there noses up that he is not owed a cent ,but it would be the right thing to do for the living legend that Mr. Taylor is beside he was there during the "golden era".

That would be a really good thing....a pension so to speak.
Nothing lavish, but at least he wouldn't have to worry about money
the rest of his life. Of course we don't know anything about his finances.

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: April 7, 2016 18:30

LieB
jammingedward
Having his photos removed will only further diminish the general public's knowledge of his importance and great work, instead of using the opportunity to leverage some of that publicity to reignite his solo career. Not to mention further damage his relationship with The Stones.

Terrible management of his affairs.

Agreed. What's the point in messing with old photos. I thought that being remembered for his contributions to the Stones is what he wanted.

Yes he is working to airbrush himself right out of the Stones history by his
own doing. I assume he is paying his manager to do this for him which would
transfer money from Mick Taylor to his manager, which if true, sounds like a
conflict of interest. If Mick's manager is really advising these things it's sad to watch this disaster. Hopefully it's all just talk.

Posted by: Seb91 ()
Date: April 7, 2016 19:03

It's a real shame that this has clouded what looks like a magnificent exhibition. Can't wait to go next time I'm back home London way. I guess we'll never know the truth behind what happened re him being invited or not. I mean, Bill was invited who made his feelings about the 2012 reunion known (although maybe it was because he's a more 'key' member - he was around a lot longer than MT and was never officially replaced).

I think it's a shame that all stuff related to MT has been removed from the exhibition as the time that he was in the band is probably my favourite (I love all eras though!).

To echo some other comments, I've also don't get why he doesn't get a solo band together and do some dates (he may of course have health issues preventing him from doing so). The guy's still a mighty fine guitar player as evidenced by the 2013/14 shows and prior to the Stones reunion he was going to do a tour. Sure, he'd hardly be playing the O2 Arena but I imagine he could make a decent living doing the club/theatre circuit. He could do what Bill did - have some fun playing some old blues standards and the odd Stones cover.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2016-04-07 19:05 by Seb91.

Date: April 7, 2016 19:50

Seb91

I think it's a shame that all stuff related to MT has been removed from the exhibition.

That very very unlikely.

Posted by: Rollin92 ()
Date: April 7, 2016 19:54

His Majesty
Seb91

I think it's a shame that all stuff related to MT has been removed from the exhibition.

That very very unlikely.

In all fairness MT hardly featured but tbh I didn't really care because it was refreshing to see Brian get a fair crack of the whip.

Date: April 7, 2016 19:56

"All stuff related" = anything from 1969 - 1974. grinning smiley

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: April 7, 2016 19:59

swimtothemoon
I assume he is paying his manager to do this for him which would transfer money from Mick Taylor to his manager, which if true, sounds like a conflict of interest. If Mick's manager is really advising these things it's sad to watch this disaster. Hopefully it's all just talk.

As was mentioned earlier in this thread, apparently his girlfriend is his manager.

Posted by: desertblues68 ()
Date: April 7, 2016 20:33

I might be wrong and do not know Mick Taylor personal circumstances, but I thought he would have made a bit of money from his appearances with the boys in 2012 to 2014. Possibly enough for a decent retirement.

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: April 7, 2016 21:02

Koen
swimtothemoon
I assume he is paying his manager to do this for him which would transfer money from Mick Taylor to his manager, which if true, sounds like a conflict of interest. If Mick's manager is really advising these things it's sad to watch this disaster. Hopefully it's all just talk.

As was mentioned earlier in this thread, apparently his girlfriend is his manager.

Oh I didn't realize they were not two separate people. The situation seems to be
a complete mess then. Is she the woman with him in the 2014 Hyde Park film? Seems
I saw her with him at the NYC club shows with Mick and Ronnie. She was very pleasant.

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: April 7, 2016 21:14

I spent some time around Mick T and the Stones...
He seldom fully expressed himself in words...only musically.

I find it hard to believe that he actually said all this stuff on Facebook.

And he certainly isn't the only musician who lets a "best friend" or "girlfriend" do all the talking. Mick seems to have a real pattern
of allowing others to step to the front to whine or pontificate or handle his money.

Mick has always been somewhat shy
BUT he's also an aging adult who needs to get serious help from a good shrink...

Very tragic that such a talented human is so insecure.

Date: April 7, 2016 21:34

He seems such a gentle soul, it doesn't surprise me that he'd be a bit damaged after exposure to the world of the stones and rancid music industry.

Of course, I know him not one bit, so maybe he's perfectly happy. smiling smiley

Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: April 7, 2016 21:54

I have seen Mick Taylor several times as a solo artist playing with his band and each time the music was great but Taylor seemed to be pissed off(the american meaning of it) at his musicians. He seemed tense and not relaxed at all. My feeling is that he isn't an easy person to deal with, the total opposite of a Ronnie Wood. I wish Taylor would still be friends with the stones, it is very sad because he did some fantastic music with them.
Rock and roll,
Mops

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: April 7, 2016 22:27

Don't know if this has been posted before, but I knew the tabloids will make a story out of it with an unflattering pic or two.

I could see it coming after the FB stuff. It's all so sad. sad smiley

Mick Taylor

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: April 7, 2016 22:48

dcba
boogaloojef

Charlie Watts admitted to being addicted to heroin during the 70s.

No no it was around 83-85. That's one of the main reasons why Mick refused to tour behind DW.

It had to be longer than that. I recall an interview w/ Charlie where he said he was 'lost' to drugs for a 7 year stretch.

Posted by: Testify ()
Date: April 7, 2016 22:50

I believe that Taylor is still bad for the fact that has not been called to play with the Stones last tour, I do not think that the problem is the invitation to the exhibition which is just formality. He knew the opening date, was organized in the period that Taylor was on tour with the Stones.
I also understand that seeing his former companions make as much money is unnerving, the RS have started to earn so much with the '81 tour, I understand that this is frustrating, but the choice was all his.

Posted by: TaylorYears ()
Date: April 7, 2016 23:06

---------

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: April 7, 2016 23:57

TaylorYears
crawdaddy
Don't know if this has been posted before, but I knew the tabloids will make a story out of it with an unflattering pic or two.

Mick Taylor

My guess would be that his manager got paid very well for it.

Really? Don't the press just crib all this stuff from here?!

Posted by: CloudCat ()
Date: April 7, 2016 23:58

Beast
TaylorYears
crawdaddy

Mick Taylor

My guess would be that his manager got paid very well for it.

Really? Don't the press just crib all this stuff from here?!

winking smiley

Posted by: Stoneburst ()
Date: April 8, 2016 00:00

Paid well by the Daily Express? The Express scarcely have the money to pay anyone for scoops, even when there's actual news involved, and there's no sign that the journalist here did anything more than look at Taylor's Wikipedia article.

Posted by: TaylorYears ()
Date: April 8, 2016 00:06

-------

Posted by: HamburgerToGo ()
Date: April 8, 2016 01:40

Mr. Taylor was / is an ace guitar player, but it seems as if either he or his management / representative(s) lack any degree of class.

(In my opinion, his solos in the early 1970s often bordered upon the obtrusive.)

(In my opinion #2, Facebook Sucks - and not in a good way!)

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...181182183184185186187188189190191...LastNext
Current Page: 186 of 307

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2025
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home