Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...149150151152153154155156157158159...LastNext
Current Page: 154 of 307
Re: Mick Taylor Talk - what's on your mind right now...
Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: July 16, 2015 21:43

LuxuryStones
kleermaker
LuxuryStones
lphz
Whenever you guys start this sort of chat, I amble over to the MT Facebook page to see if he has anything to say on the topic. Here are his comments from today:

Dion Akers Sr Did the Stones give u a Reason why u weren't invited on the Zip Code Tour Mick Taylor.
3 hrs

Mick Taylor I was told they wanted to do something 'more creative'.
2 hrs

View more replies

Detlef Mönnich MICK WHY YOU NOT WITH THE LAST STONES TOUR?
6 hrs

Mick Taylor You should ask them. I don't have the answer to that question.

"More creative" - priceless.

That's not Taylor, unless he's being brainwashed.

It's very witty and it does resound Taylor's dry sense of humour to me. But none of us knows.

That same MT FB fan page is quoting Taylor: "I don't have an answer to that question", referring to not being re-invited. After playing together for 2 years(?) not knowing why bla bla? Come on Kleer, get realistic.

I was of course referring to 'his' answer: "I was told they wanted to do something 'more creative'."

As for the rest we both don't know anything.

Posted by: Olly ()
Date: July 16, 2015 22:05

kleermaker
LuxuryStones
kleermaker
LuxuryStones
lphz
Whenever you guys start this sort of chat, I amble over to the MT Facebook page to see if he has anything to say on the topic. Here are his comments from today:

Dion Akers Sr Did the Stones give u a Reason why u weren't invited on the Zip Code Tour Mick Taylor.
3 hrs

2 hrs

View more replies

6 hrs

It's very witty and it does resound Taylor's dry sense of humour to me. But none of us knows.

That same MT FB fan page is quoting Taylor: "I don't have an answer to that question", referring to not being re-invited. After playing together for 2 years(?) not knowing why bla bla? Come on Kleer, get realistic.

I was of course referring to 'his' answer: "I was told they wanted to do something 'more creative'."

There is of course the possibility that no 'dry sense of humour' is at play here.

It may be read and subsequently interpreted by some that way, but looking at the quote from 'Taylor', he could be simply giving an explanation which includes a verbatim quote.

I don't believe there is anything inherently humorous about the statement.

Olly.

Posted by: LuxuryStones ()
Date: July 16, 2015 22:07

kleermaker
LuxuryStones
kleermaker
LuxuryStones
lphz

3 hrs

2 hrs

View more replies

6 hrs

I cannot imagine the Rolling Stones gave him an answer like that, they are too professional for that, or it's put out of context. Sometimes knowing nothing is also knowing. The elephant in the room so to speak. Let's leave it at that.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: July 16, 2015 22:46

Olly

Well perhaps it was adventitiously humorous. It sure made me laugh.

Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: July 17, 2015 00:26

Naturalust
Olly

it's a cheap shot. no way Taylor would have said it, as he is not doing much either.

Date: July 17, 2015 00:50

Turner68
Naturalust
Olly

it's a cheap shot. no way Taylor would have said it, as he is not doing much either.

Well if anyone is justified in giving the Stones a cheap shot it's Taylor. grinning smiley I still think it's an attempt at humor whether from MT or someone else. When you consider it was Jagger's lawyer who delivered the news to Taylor it becomes even more funny.

And since none of us know what Taylor is up to, saying he isn't doing much (creatively) is pretty meaningless. For all we know he could be writing new songs every day, collaborating with some other rock gods and writing poetry and painting. smoking smiley

Date: July 17, 2015 00:55

Naturalust
Turner68
Naturalust
Olly

Well if anyone is justified in giving the Stones a cheap shot it's Taylor. grinning smiley I still think it's an attempt at humor whether from MT or someone else. When you consider it was Jagger's lawyer who delivered the news to Taylor it becomes even more funny.

And since none of us know what Taylor is up to, saying he isn't doing much (creatively) is pretty meaningless. For all we know he could be writing new songs every day, collaborating with some other rock gods and writing poetry and painting. smoking smiley

either you believe the source or you don't. if you believe the source, then we do know what he is doing, he is just "relaxing". if you don't, this whole discussion is a waste of time. I'm of the latter camp. i don't think MT is petty or vindictive.

Posted by: LieB ()
Date: July 17, 2015 02:12

I have the feeling it was Mick T who wrote that (about doing something creative). It's all speculation, but considering how they treated Bill Wyman, I'm not surprised if they booted Mick without proper communication. Yes, they have every right to do as they please, but it must feel pretty bad for Mick T to be left out in the cold in that manner.

Posted by: Brstonesfan ()
Date: July 17, 2015 03:23

Horribly sad what they have done to abuse Mick and Bill...Bill at least made some big $$$ with the band and has a decent solo career. MT was brought back reluctantly to promote the 50th and counting tour and shoved out like a circus clown for mostly one (1) song. Then the have the gall to claim their touring and going to cover Sticky Fingers and unload him on an album he clearly had a significant impact on. I love the Stones, but they are ruthless ...and Charlie , who said he wanted him on board, should have taken a stand and demanded it...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-07-17 04:50 by Brstonesfan.

Date: July 17, 2015 03:33

Brstonesfan
Horribly sad what they have done to abuse Mick and Bill...Bill at least made some big $$$ with the band and has a decent solo career. MT was brought back on reluctantly to promote the 50th and counting and shoved out like a circus clown for mostly one (1) song. Then the have the gall to claim their touring and going to cover Sticky Fingers and unload him on an album he clearly had a significant impact on. I love the Stones, but they are ruthless ...and Charlie , who said he wanted him on board, should have taken a stand and demanded it...

Therein lies the rub: perhaps it is one Stone who is ruthless.

Olly.

Posted by: lapaz62 ()
Date: July 17, 2015 03:36

Taylor doesn't get on social media, the Facebook page is not reliable information.

Date: July 17, 2015 03:37

lapaz62
Taylor doesn't get on social media, the Facebook page is not reliable information.

Evidence?

Olly.

Date: July 17, 2015 03:53

Olly
lapaz62

Evidence?

It's been pretty scare on any information actually. What has been posted seems believable enough. Taylor wasn't invited, doesn't know why and probably is a bit disappointed about it. Who wouldn't be? The Stones are arguably the biggest and most successful rock band on the planet...of course Taylor is going to be bummed about them celebrating a record he played on without being invited to the party. Besides, the royalty issue alone is enough to make anyone in their right mind a bit bitter.

I suggest you guys who are truly interested take your questions over to Facebook. Perhaps if you ask nice enough and are persistent you will get some clarity. We sure aren't going to get any answers here on iorr.

Posted by: Brstonesfan ()
Date: July 17, 2015 04:50

Olly
Brstonesfan
Horribly sad what they have done to abuse Mick and Bill...Bill at least made some big $$$ with the band and has a decent solo career. MT was brought back on reluctantly to promote the 50th and counting and shoved out like a circus clown for mostly one (1) song. Then the have the gall to claim their touring and going to cover Sticky Fingers and unload him on an album he clearly had a significant impact on. I love the Stones, but they are ruthless ...and Charlie , who said he wanted him on board, should have taken a stand and demanded it...

Therein lies the rub: perhaps it is one Stone who is ruthless.

Yes!!!!!!!!

Date: July 17, 2015 12:21

Naturalust

lapaz62

I suggest you guys who are truly interested take your questions over to Facebook. Perhaps if you ask nice enough and are persistent you will get some clarity. We sure aren't going to get any answers here on iorr.

With all respect Naturalist, there's no life on Pluto. Some very interesting science fiction available though. I read quite a lot, so well written that I almost believed it. Just like you, probably.

Posted by: pepganzo ()
Date: July 17, 2015 12:32

I love this song...
[www.youtube.com]

Date: July 17, 2015 12:34

pepganzo
I love this song...
[www.youtube.com]

Two of the best slide players together. thumbs up

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: July 17, 2015 15:16

Turner68
Naturalust
Olly

How do you know that Turner? Inside info? Maybe he is writing a book, who knows. Or making long walks somewhere. Again: we just don't know. But that remark was funny!

Posted by: Stoneburst ()
Date: July 17, 2015 15:33

LuxuryStones
pepganzo
I love this song...
[www.youtube.com]

I think this is one of Taylor's best ever blues performances. His tone, phrasing and touch are otherworldly.

Date: July 17, 2015 17:35

LuxuryStones
Naturalust

lapaz62

With all respect Naturalist, there's no life on Pluto. Some very interesting science fiction available though. I read quite a lot, so well written that I almost believed it. Just like you, probably.

:-)

Date: July 17, 2015 17:43

kleermaker
Turner68
Naturalust
Olly

How do you know that Turner? Inside info? Maybe he is writing a book, who knows. Or making long walks somewhere. Again: we just don't know. But that remark was funny!

I should not have said it, perhaps he is doing something creative. More important, I hope whatever he is doing he is happy and at peace.

Date: July 17, 2015 18:52

LuxuryStones
pepganzo
I love this song...
[www.youtube.com]

Always made me wonder what Taylor could have done on some of the other Little Feat tunes! I'm still saddened and hurt by Richie Hayward's passing, he was a friend and my all time favorite drummer, "in the pocket" doesn't begin to describe his awesome playing.

I still believe that a Taylor collaboration with the remaining members of Little Feat could yield some great musical fruit!

Date: July 17, 2015 19:11

Unfortunately it didn't happen. I think Taylor would have fit Little feat very well.

Posted by: toomuchforme ()
Date: July 17, 2015 19:14

154 pages on Taylor in 2015 ? WTF. What yousay ? Ronnie Stones

"we know it's a bit late but we hope you don't mind if we stay"

Date: July 17, 2015 19:22

toomuchforme
154 pages on Taylor in 2015 ? WTF. What yousay ? Ronnie Stones

Rolling Stones playing setlists with a majority of Taylor era songs in 2015? I think the music created from 1969-1973, plus his great guest spots from 2012-2013 pretty much guarantee Taylor will be a popular topic as long as people are talking about the Rolling Stones.

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: July 17, 2015 19:40

MT will always be a "hot topic", the guy was in the band at its peak and he played f.... good guitar. Just ask Charlie Watts!!

Date: July 17, 2015 21:05

Naturalust
LuxuryStones
pepganzo
I love this song...
[www.youtube.com]

Always made me wonder what Taylor could have done on some of the other Little Feat tunes! I'm still saddened and hurt by Richie Hayward's passing, he was a friend and my all time favorite drummer, "in the pocket" doesn't begin to describe his awesome playing.

I still believe that a Taylor collaboration with the remaining members of Little Feat could yield some great musical fruit!

In 1979 Lowell George wanted to reunite LF but with a different line up: a different second guitarist and a different piano player. I think that Mick Taylor could play very well with them. Lowell George also performed in MT first album.
From the other hand MT played two songs during their first show at Rainbow in 1977: A Apolitical Blues e Teenage Nervous Breadown

Date: July 17, 2015 21:26

pepganzo
In 1979 Lowell George wanted to reunite LF but with a different line up: a different second guitarist and a different piano player. I think that Mick Taylor could play very well with them. Lowell George also performed in MT first album.
From the other hand MT played two songs during their first show at Rainbow in 1977: A Apolitical Blues e Teenage Nervous Breadown

Thanks for that pepganzo. Can't get me enough Little Feat, never get tired of them. Wasn't even aware of this other tune with Taylor!

Yeah it's strange to me that Lowell was ready to make a break with Billy Payne and Paul Barrere. I've heard the stories that he was pissed at Billy playing with some jazz cats. But those guys seem such an integral part of what made that band work. Who knows how that would have turned out but no doubt Billy Payne kept the train running after Lowell's tragic death.

Little Feat is still on the road though so it's not too late for a Taylor collaboration! One can only hope.

Date: July 17, 2015 22:11

Naturalust
pepganzo

Thanks for that pepganzo. Can't get me enough Little Feat, never get tired of them. Wasn't even aware of this other tune with Taylor!

Yeah it's strange to me that Lowell was ready to make a break with Billy Payne and Paul Barrere. I've heard the stories that he was pissed at Billy playing with some jazz cats.

This is true but after waiting for columbus LG returned to be the producer of LF. The problems with BP and PB continued during the down on the farm sessions Cause of the direction of the album and the production of its (Payne wanted to be the co producer) and so PB and BP left the band (creating a new band with other people) and LG returned to work on his album. Sorry for the OT

Posted by: Jimmy C ()
Date: July 17, 2015 23:13

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-07-18 00:12 by Jimmy C.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...149150151152153154155156157158159...LastNext
Current Page: 154 of 307

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1454
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home