Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...130131132133134135136137138139140...LastNext
Current Page: 135 of 307
Re: Mick Taylor Talk - what's on your mind right now...
Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: June 25, 2015 20:54

DandelionPowderman
You, obviously, are not familiar with all of his work.

Don't act foolishly. I know he's your hero, but now you're going too far. smiling smiley

Date: June 25, 2015 20:58

Keith does that E7 when he plays Jimmy Reed-stuff + Midnight Rambler (middle section) + in 12 bar blues descending etc. I think he just brought it into Angie, as that 7 fits very well with latin-esque music as well.

The G/C thing up on the 5th fret (while fretting the 3rd fret with his index finger) with his ring finger and pinky is more intricately done, imo. He played chords there immediately when they played it live on the euro tour.

As Keith wrote this one, and Taylor plays something different, we don't have any indications whether he wrote parts of the riff.

Date: June 25, 2015 21:00

kleermaker
DandelionPowderman

Don't act foolishly. I know he's your hero, but now you're going too far. smiling smiley

You don't think his spanish runs are fast? There will be at least ten push ups for you when I have proved you wrong tomorrow...

And I'm not talking about bras..

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-25 21:02 by DandelionPowderman.

Date: June 25, 2015 22:15

DandelionPowderman
kleermaker
DandelionPowderman

You don't think his spanish runs are fast? There will be at least ten push ups for you when I have proved you wrong tomorrow...

I'm all confidence.

Date: June 25, 2015 22:50

kleermaker
DandelionPowderman
kleermaker
DandelionPowderman

I'm all confidence.

While you're waiting, have a listen to Rock And A Hard Place from the Live In Tokyo album (3:46 and 4:26).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-25 22:52 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: June 26, 2015 01:01

DandelionPowderman
kleermaker
DandelionPowderman
kleermaker
DandelionPowderman

I'm all confidence.

While you're waiting, have a listen to Rock And A Hard Place from the Live In Tokyo album (3:46 and 4:26).

Do we have to? smoking smiley

Date: June 26, 2015 01:11

71Tele
DandelionPowderman
kleermaker
DandelionPowderman
kleermaker
DandelionPowderman

I'm all confidence.

Okay, okay, I surrender and believe you without listening. cool smiley

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: June 26, 2015 01:18

kleermaker
71Tele
DandelionPowderman
kleermaker
DandelionPowderman
kleermaker
DandelionPowderman

I'm all confidence.

I listened and I'm still not convinced. Fast Keith runs? Where? Short bursts of highly emotive and energetic notes, yes. Fast runs? Post something dandie, I'd love to hear them.

Posted by: HearMeKnockin ()
Date: June 26, 2015 01:25

Naturalust
kleermaker
71Tele
DandelionPowderman
kleermaker
DandelionPowderman
kleermaker
DandelionPowderman

I'm all confidence.

I listened and I'm still not convinced. Fast Keith runs? Where? Short bursts of highly emotive and energetic notes, yes. Fast runs? Post something dandie, I'd love to hear them.

Well, DP never actually said this was an example of Keith's speedy (dare I say) Taylor-esque runs, he just said it was waiting music... but personally I've never heard Keith flying around on guitar particularly fast (at least while sober, this could qualify as fast Keith soloing, if it's not Brian.)

Date: June 26, 2015 01:44

Naturalust
kleermaker
71Tele
DandelionPowderman
kleermaker
DandelionPowderman
kleermaker
DandelionPowderman

I'm all confidence.

In the right speaker at the spots I mentioned. Fast indeed.

Date: June 26, 2015 01:46

HearMeKnockin

Well, DP never actually said this was an example of Keith's speedy (dare I say) Taylor-esque runs, he just said it was waiting music... but personally I've never heard Keith flying around on guitar particularly fast (at least while sober, this could qualify as fast Keith soloing, if it's not Brian.)

Nice! That could be as fast as we've ever heard Keith play lead. Although it almost sounds like they were speeding up the tape. grinning smiley Still waiting for some examples of Keith truly playing fast runs. I've heard his in rehearsals riffing away a lead stuff but they are rarely very fast or very long. I think he realized early on it wasn't in his basket of tricks.

Date: June 26, 2015 01:47

HearMeKnockin
Naturalust
kleermaker
71Tele
DandelionPowderman
kleermaker
DandelionPowderman
kleermaker
DandelionPowderman

I'm all confidence.

I said fast spanish guitar licks and that's exactly what it is.

If people can't hear it they lack fundamental musicality, because it's a fact, not up for debate. Nothing to be convinced about. It's fast, it's spanish licks, it's Keith and he does it repeatedly on WOAF and RAAHP live.

Shouldn't be news to Stones fans.

Date: June 26, 2015 01:49

Naturalust
HearMeKnockin

Nice! That could be as fast as we've ever heard Keith play lead. Although it almost sounds like they were speeding up the tape. grinning smiley Still waiting for some examples of Keith truly playing fast runs. I've heard his in rehearsals riffing away a lead stuff but they are rarely very fast or very long. I think he realized early on it wasn't in his basket of tricks.

You already got two of them. Should be sufficient. Or do you have examples of other Stones guitarists playing like that?

Posted by: LieB ()
Date: June 26, 2015 02:05

DandelionPowderman

Then again, he did Let It Loose and ridiculously fast spanish guitar runs on WOAF and RAAHP live, so that cat is full of surprises smiling smiley

Thanks to all the MalagueƱa practicing in the fifties. smiling smiley

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: June 26, 2015 02:22

So has anyone actually heard what Taylor is doing now? Relaxing at home? Recording? Nothing?

Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: June 26, 2015 02:27

flacnvinyl
So has anyone actually heard what Taylor is doing now? Relaxing at home? Recording? Nothing?

at home.

Date: June 26, 2015 04:15

DandelionPowderman

If people can't hear it they lack fundamental musicality, because it's a fact, not up for debate. Nothing to be convinced about. It's fast, it's spanish licks, it's Keith and he does it repeatedly on WOAF and RAAHP live.

Everything is up for debate Dandie. Especially Keith's ability to play fast runs. smoking smiley Not that fast runs are important to Stones music. OK that lick on RAAHP is fast but wasn't that the tour Blondie was playing off stage? (kidding)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-26 04:29 by Naturalust.

Date: June 26, 2015 08:48

LOL! 12 years before the fourth guitar's time...

I know it's not the right thread, but if you see the natural progress from the latin-esque guitars in Angie we discussed I hope I am forgiven...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-26 08:51 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: TravelinMan ()
Date: June 26, 2015 09:30

Am I mistaken to believe Richard's fast runs are pull offs either open or with a capo?

Date: June 26, 2015 10:21

TravelinMan
Am I mistaken to believe Richard's fast runs are pull offs either open or with a capo?

Classical spanish licks that involves some open strings in standard tuning. The runs are both ascending and descending.

I will make a recording later today to elaborate a bit on this, but maybe in a different thread.

Posted by: liddas ()
Date: June 26, 2015 13:33

DandelionPowderman

Keith is higher in the mix here. "Spanish" licks starting roughly at the same mark (3.40)

[www.youtube.com]

I know this will not convince our St Thomases cause you can't see Keith's hands ...

C

Date: June 26, 2015 18:00

TravelinMan

Probably not mistaken in Keith's case but the true Spanish masters can pull off those Phrygian and Harmonic minor scales in any key up and down the neck. I hear what Keith is doing, not doubting anyone here. I agree it is a quick run but as most guitarists know, these open position Spanish runs aren't particularly hard to play. I do like how Keith works them into rock songs like RAAHP though, a somewhat unusual use of the form and it sounds great.

Posted by: DoctorFreddie ()
Date: June 26, 2015 22:14

Lets get back to Mick Taylor:
[www.youtube.com]

Date: June 26, 2015 23:03

liddas
DandelionPowderman

Keith is higher in the mix here. "Spanish" licks starting roughly at the same mark (3.40)

[www.youtube.com]

I know this will not convince our St Thomases cause you can't see Keith's hands ...

C

Awesome! Only fools can't hear these lovely fast licks. Probably the fastest licks played by any Stones guitarist thumbs up

Date: June 26, 2015 23:40

DandelionPowderman
liddas
DandelionPowderman

[www.youtube.com]

C

Awesome! Only fools can't hear these lovely fast licks. Probably the fastest licks played by any Stones guitarist thumbs up

It's not Keith, for sure.

Date: June 26, 2015 23:47

STOP IT he he I wanna hear or see something about Taylorsmiling smiley

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: June 26, 2015 23:50

DandelionPowderman

[www.youtube.com]

C

Awesome! Only fools can't hear these lovely fast licks. Probably the fastest licks played by any Stones guitarist [/quote]

The vid has been sped-up by a semitone (A# instead of A). It's the 2nd time i'm subjected to an official video that's been sped-up like this (the other one is the official "She Was Hot" ).
Both ugly and silly. Mick keep them the way they were... confused smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-26 23:52 by dcba.

Date: June 26, 2015 23:50

And b.t.w this is a fast one:
[www.youtube.com]

Date: June 27, 2015 00:06

dcba
DandelionPowderman

[www.youtube.com]

C

Awesome! Only fools can't hear these lovely fast licks. Probably the fastest licks played by any Stones guitarist

The vid has been sped-up by a semitone (A# instead of A). It's the 2nd time i'm subjected to an official video that's been sped-up like this (the other one is the official "She Was Hot" ).
Both ugly and silly. Mick keep them the way they were... confused smiley[/quote]

It's still fast.

Posted by: HearMeKnockin ()
Date: June 27, 2015 10:08

Praising of Keith's body of work on the Taylor thread... what is this world coming to?!?!

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...130131132133134135136137138139140...LastNext
Current Page: 135 of 307

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2007
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home