Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...5354555657585960616263...LastNext
Current Page: 58 of 308
Re: Mick Taylor Talk - what's on your mind right now...
Date: April 14, 2015 15:40

palerider22
Nice to see the thread back open...I'm going to listen to Essen on your youtube channel later today kleermaker...Thanks again for putting all the Mick Taylor music on there...

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: April 14, 2015 15:57

palerider22
Nice to see the thread back open...I'm going to listen to Essen on your youtube channel later today kleermaker...Thanks again for putting all the Mick Taylor era music on there...

My pleasure pale, and it proves there's still a market for it. smiling smiley Anyway the credits have to go to those who recorded all that music. I only uploaded it, that's all.

Posted by: palerider22 ()
Date: April 14, 2015 15:58

DandelionPowderman
palerider22
Nice to see the thread back open...I'm going to listen to Essen on your youtube channel later today kleermaker...Thanks again for putting all the Mick Taylor music on there...

LOL...ya caught me before I caught it and made an edit..

Date: April 14, 2015 15:59

DandelionPowderman
palerider22

I guess you're walking on thin ice now Dandy! Misquoting isn't allowed according to the rules. I mean: one has to wait a second for editing time. smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-14 16:00 by kleermaker.

Date: April 14, 2015 16:02

palerider22
DandelionPowderman
palerider22

LOL...ya caught me before I caught it and made an edit..

winking smiley

Posted by: bv ()
Date: April 14, 2015 16:15

Just for the record, I never deleted any single posts in this thread. I just closed the door for a few hours. Because people asked nicely I re-opened it, no worries.

Bjornulf

Posted by: PhillyFAN ()
Date: April 14, 2015 16:25

Naturalust
PhillyFAN
Here is Mick Taylor's version of Silver Train. He does know how to play it and very well in fact. Don't know what happened with the Stones version last year but here it is...

[www.youtube.com]

Although I don't care for Carla's country diva vocals, MT and the band definitely nail it. Thanks for the post.

peace

I really don't like Carla Olson's voice either but this version of Silver Train is kicking it. I don't think her voice is suited to his playing. I wonder how Merry Clayton would work out doing vocals with him?

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: April 14, 2015 16:39

glad the door is open again on this..

its definitely a Top 10 thread here..

Date: April 14, 2015 17:01

bv
Just for the record, I never deleted any single posts in this thread. I just closed the door for a few hours. Because people asked nicely I re-opened it, no worries.

Thanks!

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: April 14, 2015 18:20

kleermaker
bv

Thanks!

Yes, thanks for re-opening this one.

And also for the record, my North Korea comment was not made to express any lack of support for IORR or aimed personally at you, just an observation that after being censored in such a way, we could relate a bit better to how the billions of people in those countries must feel due to the strong censorship there.

I hope we hear from Mick Taylor soon. I am perplexed by his silence throughout this Stones tour buildup and the inherent Taylor buzz it's created. I can't imagine he is being paid to keep quiet till all the tickets are sold but it seems that could very well be the case. I know he's been known to "disappear" for extended periods but while his name is in the media, I hope he and his management recognize opportunities it could create.

"No I'm not playing with the Stones again but you can catch me at such and such venues on these dates" would go a long way to ease my frustration on the issue and would likely be picked up by all the entertainment news sites.

peace

Date: April 14, 2015 18:34

Naturalust
I can't imagine he is being paid to keep quiet till all the tickets are sold but it seems that could very well be the case. I know he's been known to "disappear" for extended periods but while his name is in the media, I hope he and his management recognize opportunities it could create.

"No I'm not playing with the Stones again but you can catch me at such and such venues on these dates" would go a long way to ease my frustration on the issue and would likely be picked up by all the entertainment news sites.

peace

I can imagine that and I can also imagine that he's been paid for not performing during the Stones tour, just to remain quiet in all respects. It seems far fetched but I wouldn't rule it out.

Date: April 14, 2015 18:39

kleermaker
Naturalust
I can't imagine he is being paid to keep quiet till all the tickets are sold but it seems that could very well be the case. I know he's been known to "disappear" for extended periods but while his name is in the media, I hope he and his management recognize opportunities it could create.

peace

I can imagine that and I can also imagine that he's been paid for not performing during the Stones tour, just to remain quiet in all respects. It seems far fetched but I wouldn't rule it out.

eye popping smiley

Posted by: LuxuryStones ()
Date: April 14, 2015 18:45

kleermaker

Lol, don't tell that to Jagger: a capo on the 22nd fret would be much cheaper, you pay 5 € these days.grinning smiley

Date: April 14, 2015 18:46

DandelionPowderman
kleermaker
Naturalust

peace

eye popping smiley

Reality is sometimes stranger than imagination Dandy. I said: I don't rule it out, nothing more or less.

Date: April 14, 2015 18:51

kleermaker
DandelionPowderman
kleermaker
Naturalust

peace

eye popping smiley

Reality is sometimes stranger than imagination Dandy. I said: I don't rule it out, nothing more or less.

Don't you mean "truth is stranger than fiction"?

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: April 14, 2015 18:53

LuxuryStones
kleermaker

Lol, don't tell that to Jagger: a capo on the 22nd fret would be much cheaper, you pay 5 € these days.grinning smiley

HA HA! What's all that capo on the 22nd fret - it's just some friends of mine drivin' Prince's Little Red Corvette!

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: April 14, 2015 19:24

Good discussion here, but what's the upshot? That we should just eat our porridge and be happy with what we get. I am not in that camp. Other things to do with my time and money this summer.

Date: April 14, 2015 19:29

LuxuryStones
kleermaker

Taylor could deal with that. A 24 fret guitar and slide...smoking smiley

peace

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: April 14, 2015 19:31

71Tele
Good discussion here, but what's the upshot? That we should just eat our porridge and be happy with what we get. I am not in that camp. Other things to do with my time and money this summer.

cool smiley

its probably just as well...

none of our brilliant arguments for re-instating Mick Taylor are going to have the slightest bit of influence on what Mick Jagger thinks...

Date: April 14, 2015 19:39

DandelionPowderman
kleermaker
DandelionPowderman
kleermaker
Naturalust

peace

eye popping smiley

Nope smiling smiley

Naturalust
LuxuryStones
kleermaker

Taylor could deal with that. A 24 fret guitar and slide...smoking smiley

peace

Boris already tried the capo trick. It made him look bad...

Posted by: latebloomer ()

Naturalust
kleermaker
bv

Thanks!

Yes, thanks for re-opening this one.

And also for the record, my North Korea comment was not made to express any lack of support for IORR or aimed personally at you, just an observation that after being censored in such a way, we could relate a bit better to how the billions of people in those countries must feel due to the strong censorship there.

I hope we hear from Mick Taylor soon. I am perplexed by his silence throughout this Stones tour buildup and the inherent Taylor buzz it's created. I can't imagine he is being paid to keep quiet till all the tickets are sold but it seems that could very well be the case. I know he's been known to "disappear" for extended periods but while his name is in the media, I hope he and his management recognize opportunities it could create.

peace

I'm glad that BV chose to re-open this thread, for the sake of those who want to continue the discussion...and not that BV needs me to defend him, but equating his moderation of this forum to the repressive regime and censorship in North Korea is really over the top, and I don't see how it can be taken anyway but personally. So, if you wanted to bring it up again NL, a simple apology would probably have been your best course of action.

Anyways, like 71Tele, I don't have anything else to contribute here, so I'll see you all in the concert threads. smiling smiley

Date: April 14, 2015 19:40

kleermaker
DandelionPowderman
kleermaker
DandelionPowderman
kleermaker
Naturalust

peace

eye popping smiley

Nope smiling smiley

You even refuse to recite something that was written after Taylor quit, don't you? winking smiley

Date: April 14, 2015 19:42

duke richardson
none of our brilliant arguments for re-instating Mick Taylor are going to have the slightest bit of influence on what Mick Jagger thinks...

You never know. I get the feeling that out of all the Stones, Jagger is more concerned with what other people think and say than any of the others...by far.

Not that he will change his mind about Taylor's tour participation but he just might be thinking about it. After listening to and re-mastering all the SF stuff for the impending release how could he not have Taylor on his mind? I think the possibility of him showing up for a one-off Sticky Fingers performance is still good. Fingers crossed.

peace

Date: April 14, 2015 19:44

DandelionPowderman
kleermaker
DandelionPowderman
kleermaker
DandelionPowderman
kleermaker
Naturalust

peace

eye popping smiley

Nope smiling smiley

You even refuse to recite something that was written after Taylor quit, don't you? winking smiley

Ah, I didn\t know that! But truth sounds more as a fact than reality seen as an abstraction. And it's just imagination, not fiction. cool smiley

Date: April 14, 2015 19:46

kleermaker
DandelionPowderman
kleermaker
DandelionPowderman
kleermaker
DandelionPowderman
kleermaker
Naturalust

peace

eye popping smiley

Nope smiling smiley

Ah, I didn\t know that! But truth sounds more as a fact than reality seen as an abstraction. And it's just imagination, not fiction. cool smiley

In Too Much Blood, kleerie.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: April 14, 2015 20:21

Naturalust
... after being censored in such a way...

You must be joking. I mean really joking. What censorship? At least 99.9% of all posts on IORR are still here. At ALL times... I delete may be one post per week out of thousands of posts as a moderator.

This thread was closed for a few hours. Everybody is free to open new posts and threads at any time. Having "Peace" as a signature and naming me Kim and comparing IORR to North Korea is pathetic. Peace?

Bjornulf

Date: April 14, 2015 21:01

bv
Naturalust
... after being censored in such a way...

You must be joking. I mean really joking. What censorship? At least 99.9% of all posts on IORR are still here. At ALL times... I delete may be one post per week out of thousands of posts as a moderator.

This thread was closed for a few hours. Everybody is free to open new posts and threads at any time. Having "Peace" as a signature and naming me Kim and comparing IORR to North Korea is pathetic. Peace?

Obviously you misunderstood me. For the record, I never named you Kim, never compared iorr to N. Korea, just mentioned it felt like censorship to have a thread closed and this is what it must feel like in those countries. I wasn't joking, and I'm sure others felt similarly. Just because you don't delete the posts doesn't make closing a thread any less "censored". In affect you are saying "You can't talk about this anymore" so it may be semantics but prohibiting people from talking nicely about a subject doesn't feel very good from this side of the table, especially when that topic is a big part of the Stones musical experience.

I apologize, especially since you were obviously offended by the remark. My intention was not to offend, just to make sense of the feelings I had after seeing the thread closed. Please don't make it any bigger than what it was, I felt hurt by your actions and peoples feelings shouldn't be called pathetic. I find it strange that you choose to attack me over the issue since I basically was just stating how it made me feel, and I doubt I was alone in those feelings.

As I have posted, I truly appreciate you re-opening the thread. Feel free to delete my previous comments and these, I've got no problems with it. But try to understand that where they came from was certainly NOT a personal attack on you and NOT a declaration of disrespect to iorr.

peace

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-14 21:19 by Naturalust.

Posted by: deadegad ()
Date: April 14, 2015 21:01

BV . . .. a few deletions are not censorship at all . . .. But would it be OK if we called you Dear Leader?

It is such fun saying Dear Leader. LOL!winking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-14 21:02 by deadegad.

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: April 14, 2015 21:32

Somethings you just have to let go of. BV explained himself, put back the thread. I'm not sure what satisfaction people get by elaborating. BV is a fair moderator, considering how protective the band is about their image IORR is an amazing site. No one in the band can make a misstep without a thread popping up, from shoes to booze they get little breathing room. The Taylor complaining situation goes back as far as when I became a conscious fan in 1978. I believe the tour is still far enough away for there to be a change in plans, surprises are nice..

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...5354555657585960616263...LastNext
Current Page: 58 of 308

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1671
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home