Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4
Re: Rarest Officially Released Stones Track?
Posted by: saltoftheearth ()
Date: February 2, 2015 15:23

EP Got live if you want it! (Original 1965)

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: February 2, 2015 15:31

DGA35
Rare in terms of spelling mistake could be the first couple hundred copies of the single I Wanna Be Your Man/ Stoned - misspelled Stones.

I have two copies of that one! spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Date: February 2, 2015 15:33

Come On
It would be rather ironic if someone would mention a track from the Stones ' Rarities 1971-2003 ', because when such an album is released, it is hardly rare anymoresmiling smiley

It must be from some 12' single with a 'dance mix 11' or something...

That album itself is also now rare.

Date: February 2, 2015 15:42

treaclefingers
DGA35
Rare in terms of spelling mistake could be the first couple hundred copies of the single I Wanna Be Your Man/ Stoned - misspelled Stones.

That one goes for appr. $100 here in Norway. Not that rare.

Date: February 2, 2015 15:56

DandelionPowderman
treaclefingers
DGA35

I think I paid about $10 for each one, so at least my return on investment is solid!

Date: February 2, 2015 16:03

thumbs up

PS: Do you have dyslectic connections that you buy from?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-02-02 16:03 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: February 2, 2015 16:59

treaclefingers
DandelionPowderman
treaclefingers
DGA35

I think I paid about $10 for each one, so at least my return on investment is solid!

Wow that was cheap...he had no over-ex of Elvis 5 Sun-singles ..grinning smiley

2 1 2 0

Date: February 2, 2015 17:14

DandelionPowderman
thumbs up

PS: Do you have dyslectic connections that you buy from?

they were ebay purchases from 7-10 years ago (time flies)...haven't done much of that in a long time.

Also, haven't checked what a lot of the collection is now worth. I'm sure I've overpaid for a few things but mostly tried to pull the trigger only when I knew there was underlying value.

Posted by: Bashlets ()
Date: February 2, 2015 18:00

Pretty Beat Up off the Undercover cassette is different? Was not aware of this. Can someone post it.

Posted by: mitch ()
Date: February 2, 2015 18:17

I think that the first EMI CD pressing also contains a different mix of "I Wanna Hold You".

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-02-02 18:17 by mitch.

Date: February 2, 2015 20:51

Bashlets
Pretty Beat Up off the Undercover cassette is different? Was not aware of this. Can someone post it.

I had the cassette, but it was I Wanna Hold You that was different, and not PBU, if memory serves..

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: February 2, 2015 21:07

DandelionPowderman
Bashlets

I had the cassette, but it was I Wanna Hold You that was different, and not PBU, if memory serves..

I Wanna Hold You on the original vinyl was approximately forty seconds shorter than the version currently available on CD.
The longer version had previously been available on the cassette releases of the album.

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Date: February 2, 2015 22:19

Yep, that's it! Thanks thumbs up

Date: February 2, 2015 22:36

treaclefingers
Come On
It would be rather ironic if someone would mention a track from the Stones ' Rarities 1971-2003 ', because when such an album is released, it is hardly rare anymoresmiling smiley

It must be from some 12' single with a 'dance mix 11' or something...

That album itself is also now rare.

All for good reason...

Posted by: stonesstein ()
Date: February 3, 2015 04:58

kowalski
Some rare "tracks" officially released but never compiled or reissued :
- Under My Thumb (live from New Castle, October 1965) - released on the first CD edition of Got Live If You Want It!
- full length version of The Under Assistant West Coast Promo Man (released on the first edition of Singles Collection in 1989)
- Sway - alternate version (released on a 7" single, the version on the Singles box set is actually an edited version of the album version...)
- Dance - instrumental version (released on a promo 12" single)
- Before They Make Me Run - Bob Clearmountain mix
- extended versions of Miss You and Beast of Burden (8-track)
- Too Much Blood - dance version
- Winning Ugly remixes
- Rock and a Hard Place - Rock Mix
- Almost hear You Sigh - promo remix
- Highwire - full length version (with count in) - released only on a 4-track single
- Gimme Shelter (live version) from a 1993 single
- Tumbling Dice (live) and Street Fighting Man (live) - released as b-sides to JJF 1991 single
- Out of control (Don Was live remix)
- Under The Radar & Don't Wanna Go Home (released on a bonus DVD only)
- Biggest Mistake - instrumental version
- Plundered My Soul - radio mix (can be found as download though)

Kowalski, man I am impressed! I had forgotten about some of these and had to dig to get them out. Good stuff.

It also reminds me of some of the millions of Love Is Strong, You Got Me Rocking, Out of Tears, Anybody Seen My Baby remixes on 12" and CD-singles that we have forgotten over the years.

I guess that Well Well Well and Extreme Western Grip need to come in somewhere.

Man, y'all are really awesome in all these tracks.

stonesstein

Kick me like you did before
I can't even feel the pain no more
Rocks Off, 1972

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: February 3, 2015 17:40

Come On
It would be rather ironic if someone would mention a track from the Stones ' Rarities 1971-2003 ', because when such an album is released, it is hardly rare anymore.

I did - the track that is the only track that made me buy that album - Through The Lonely Nights.

Posted by: stonesstein ()
Date: February 5, 2015 00:56

What about the Star Star without the messy overdub that was released on the Goats Head Soup Jukebox EP. Was it ever released elsewhere?

stonesstein

Kick me like you did before
I can't even feel the pain no more
Rocks Off, 1972

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: February 5, 2015 10:59

DandelionPowderman
mitch
DandelionPowderman
Co ck Su ck erblues on The Rest Of The Best, Stones Story part 2.

Not really official since they didn't use the master for the release...

It was officially released anyhow. They didn't have the best/complete master for I Think I'm Going Mad either (the intro). It was released, and it is rare.

That release was NOT an official release. And just to state: CS Blues has never been released officially, also not in Germany in the early 80's. That was also a bootleg.

Mathijs

Date: February 5, 2015 11:07

The german release is using the Decca-label as well as the catalogue number:

Record Label: Decca
Catalogue No: 6.30125

It is also listed at different compilation sites: [www.stones.at]

I'm aware of CS being immersed illegally, but my point was that it still wound up on an official release. Would you care to elaborate on why this release wasn't official? For the same reasons albums like Stone Age wasn't approved by the band?

Posted by: silkcut1978_ ()
Date: February 5, 2015 11:22

Mathijs
DandelionPowderman
mitch
DandelionPowderman
Co ck Su ck erblues on The Rest Of The Best, Stones Story part 2.

Not really official since they didn't use the master for the release...

It was officially released anyhow. They didn't have the best/complete master for I Think I'm Going Mad either (the intro). It was released, and it is rare.

That release was NOT an official release. And just to state: CS Blues has never been released officially, also not in Germany in the early 80's. That was also a bootleg.

Mathijs

This is simply wrong - German DECCA released the box-set INCLUDING the single but without asking British DECCA. As soon as they learned about the release the Germans were forced to stop the sale immediately.

I bought my new and sealed copy a few days after it's initial release in a store in Vienna and tho' it looks like a bootleg with it's white label it was well packed together in the box with the 4 LPs and with a sticker on the front, hinting the inclusion of "CS Blues".

Even advanced copies of the single exists as I have one.

Please don't tell me that German DECCA released a bootleg - that's simply wrong. The had no permission to release it but on the other hand they had no permission for "Tell Me Baby" either but nobody cared in this case. Would you consider the whole box-set being a bootleg?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-02-05 11:23 by silkcut1978_.

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: February 5, 2015 11:26

DandelionPowderman

I'm aware of CS being immersed illegally, but my point was that it still wound up on an official release. Would you care to elaborate on why this release wasn't official? For the same reasons albums like Stone Age wasn't approved by the band?

CS Blues was issued in Germany as an extra, separate single to the second issue of the 1984 boxset 'The Best of the Rest'. The single was a bootleg -it had no order or matrix number, and was issued by the German publisher without approval of Decca. So even though it was available in shops, it was never released officially.

Mathijs

Date: February 5, 2015 11:38

Mathijs
DandelionPowderman

CS Blues was issued in Germany as an extra, separate single to the second issue of the 1984 boxset 'The Best of the Rest'. The single was a bootleg -it had no order or matrix number, and was issued by the German publisher without approval of Decca. So even though it was available in shops, it was never released officially.

Mathijs

But it was immersed in an official release?

Posted by: silkcut1978_ ()
Date: February 5, 2015 11:41

The German publisher was "German Telefunken DECCA". I'm almost sure they had their own approval.

Must be a simple world for you:

LP1 has got an order- and matrix-number, so "Tell Me Baby" was officially released

LP2, LP3, LP4 had an order- as well as matrix-numbers as well - officially released

single: no order number, no matrix - one-sided only - almost slipped on it's own into the package, bootleg BOOTLEG !!

Have a nice one

Posted by: alimente ()
Date: February 5, 2015 11:53

DandelionPowderman
Mathijs
DandelionPowderman

Mathijs

The "bootlegging publisher" was in fact TELDEC (Telefunken-Decca....!) in Germany who had more than the name in common with UK Decca.

Full story was just recently discussed here in this forum. Just try the "search" function.

Date: February 5, 2015 11:55

alimente
DandelionPowderman
Mathijs
DandelionPowderman

Mathijs

The "bootlegging publisher" was in fact TELDEC (Telefunken-Decca....!) in Germany who had more than the name in common with UK Decca.

Full story was just recently discussed here in this forum. Just try the "search" function.

By the same participants grinning smiley

Date: February 5, 2015 12:12

This debate about the legitimacy of the "official" appellation for this release show it is not that obvious.
Release not approved by DECCA headquarters, not approved by the band, without matrix number, copied from a bootleg... it begins to makes a lot!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-02-05 12:13 by mitch.

Date: February 5, 2015 12:15

DandelionPowderman
alimente
DandelionPowderman
Mathijs
DandelionPowderman

Mathijs

By the same participants grinning smiley

Yeah, right!

Date: February 5, 2015 12:21

mitch
This debate about the legitimacy of the "official" appellation for this release show it is not that obvious.
Release not approved by DECCA headquarters, not approved by the band, without matrix number, copied from a bootleg... it begins to makes a lot!

Yes, the question at stake is who was/is it who had/still has something against the release. One might guess that CS Blues was indeed approved by the band who delivered it as a "contract filler" to DECCA in the early 70's as the story goes...but, of course, expecting that DECCA would never release it. But, in legal terms, they could - otherwise, it would not have been a 'contract filler'. Interesting question, indeed.

Date: February 5, 2015 12:35

IMO, it's as simple as this: The release was official, but the inclusion of CSB was dubious. That doesn't alter the fact that a lot of customers got CS Blues on an official release.

So, it was released to the public (think about what that word means) for a limited time. Whether it was legal or not is another matter.

Stone Age and Metamorphosis were also release and NOT approved by the band.

Date: February 5, 2015 12:51

DandelionPowderman
IMO, it's as simple as this: The release was official, but the inclusion of CSB was dubious. That doesn't alter the fact that a lot of customers got CS Blues on an official release.

So, it was released to the public (think about what that word means) for a limited time. Whether it was legal or not is another matter.

Stone Age and Metamorphosis were also release and NOT approved by the band.

You can't compare.

Stone Age and Metamorphosis are issued from the archives, it wasn't the case for the Rest Of The Best (Tell Me Baby is also copied from a boot!)
There is some amateurism in this compilation. It makes its charm too.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-02-05 12:51 by mitch.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2132
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home