Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4
Re: NME-concert 1968, why no film?
Posted by: CaptainCorella ()
Date: January 6, 2017 04:37

Slightly late to the thread...

I can confirm the tale of the BBC re-using tapes. The sister of my brother's first wife worked there doing that exact job. Ouch! But as others have written, tape was vastly expensive then.

On Dave Clarke.... Not only does he own the rights to RSG! (fair enough - and he deserves credit for actually saving them) but he re-markets them from time to time in a chopped up form, with bits from one show coming up with bits from another, and invariably drops in a few guest spots from the Dave Clarke Five. That latter is fiction - his band was rarely on the show.

Re-presenting the shows in this way does something else. It breaks up the dynamic that the live shows were famous for. Personally I'd pay good money for a compilation of all of the shows, or a subset of the shows with Stones and/or Beatles on. They were simply magic.

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: January 6, 2017 04:46

Yeah, when RSG stuff was re-shown on UK tv in early 90's you would get something from 1964, but then some DC5 filmed footage from 1966 or so on a boat on the Thames, or riding horses etc etc would be thrown in. Fair pay though, were he not to have saved got ownership of that stuff, we might have nothing from RSG at all.

This NME '68 footage is mighty ace though! They look so, alive!! hot smiley

God, I @#$%& love The Rolling Stones!!! eye popping smiley A tiny snippet of unseen footage getting me all excited and bouncing like a kid!

They never cease to surprise or inspire!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-01-06 04:49 by His Majesty.

Posted by: TeddyB1018 ()
Date: January 6, 2017 05:10

That footage - wow. Brian looks so lively and present compared to the R&R Circus. Maybe the big live crowd had a different feel than the television taping, or it wasn't five AM.

Date: January 6, 2017 05:13

TeddyB1018
That footage - wow. Brian looks so lively and present compared to the R&R Circus. Maybe the big live crowd had a different feel than the television taping, or it wasn't five AM.

Possibly that, but also this was pre - 21st May drugs bust and drawn out wait for court appearance in September.

This was something that appears to have crushed his already very fragile being, seriously affecting his interest in himself, the stones. sad smiley

There is a notable difference between the Brian of spring 1968 and the end of the same year.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2017-01-06 05:22 by His Majesty.

Posted by: Milan ()
Date: January 6, 2017 05:39

So, it is an unseen stuff after all? Glad I brought you guys some joy with that footage! I also couldn't believe my eyes when after years of looking at the pics from the gig, I actually saw them moving, in colour...

I thought, "Whoa! Off to IORR with this..." But then again, I wasn't sure if it's old news or not. "His Majesty", my thoughts exactly about the happier, pre-21 may Brian.

Date: January 6, 2017 05:54

Milan
So, it is an unseen stuff after all? Glad I brought you guys some joy with that footage! I also couldn't believe my eyes when after years of looking at the pics from the gig, I actually saw them moving, in colour...

I thought, "Whoa! Off to IORR with this..." But then again, I wasn't sure if it's old news or not. "His Majesty", my thoughts exactly about the happier, pre-21 may Brian.

Thank you for alerting us! smileys with beer

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: January 6, 2017 06:01

His Majesty
Milan

Thank you for alerting us! smileys with beer

Yes, thank you a lot for finding and posting this gem on IORR. It was one of the most exciting videos ever posted here. Thank you again! smileys with beer

Date: January 6, 2017 06:04

Btw, someone download it asap!!!

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: January 6, 2017 06:13

His Majesty

Done! winking smiley

Date: January 6, 2017 06:13

Cristiano Radtke
His Majesty

Done! winking smiley

smoking smiley

Date: January 6, 2017 06:17

Something to note, it appears Stu throws a tambourine on to the stage from behind the amps. Always looking after his boys, eh!? Bless him!!! grinning smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-01-06 06:18 by His Majesty.

Date: January 6, 2017 06:19

Imagine being there and having them appear out of nowhere onstage! @#$%&! hot smiley

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: January 6, 2017 08:35

Brian still looks confident. What a difference a few months would make.

Posted by: lenchik ()
Date: January 6, 2017 09:05

Thanks for link! Hats off to the filmer.

Date: January 6, 2017 10:19

They look so damn cool in this footage. Brian is (almost) doing windmills on JJF. I really hope the sound will appear some day..

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: January 6, 2017 11:45

DandelionPowderman
They look so damn cool in this footage. Brian is (almost) doing windmills on JJF. I really hope the sound will appear some day..

Awfully cool, and it's an outburst of energy!

Mathijs

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: January 6, 2017 12:45

Amazing. Just amazing. And weird to see Brian on Jagger's right, not left as usual.

Posted by: rootsman ()
Date: January 6, 2017 13:05

Amazing!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-01-06 13:05 by rootsman.

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: January 6, 2017 13:13

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaahhh!!!!!!¡!!!!!!!¡!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: gimme_shelter ()
Date: January 6, 2017 14:24

Great find!!

Posted by: Eleanor Rigby ()
Date: January 6, 2017 16:09

No different to the 1969 US footage..minus brian..

Great find! Thanks

Date: January 6, 2017 16:27

Eleanor Rigby

Great find! Thanks

It's sensational to see 1968 footage of a vital Brian Jones on stage, though. I'd say it's a huge difference. I almost got sentimental when I saw this. Great stuff!

Posted by: IrelandCalling4 ()
Date: January 6, 2017 16:32

Incredible! After years of reading topics on here about that show and if footage would ever appear - here it is!^ Funny thing, being so used to the black and white photos, never would I picked out the colours the lads actually wore that evening!

Brilliant find, absolutely brilliant! Whomever filmed that Super8 footage, I wonder did they film more!

Posted by: hbwriter ()
Date: January 6, 2017 16:32

what a find- connects the dots to rock and roll circus - hyde park - MSG in fall of 69 - this captures, in a flash of movement, the physical and emotional transition of the band- just astounding.

Posted by: Eleanor Rigby ()
Date: January 6, 2017 16:38

DandelionPowderman
Eleanor Rigby

Great find! Thanks

It's sensational to see 1968 footage of a vital Brian Jones on stage, though. I'd say it's a huge difference. I almost got sentimental when I saw this. Great stuff!

That is very true!
Yes..enjoy!!

Date: January 6, 2017 16:41

Eleanor Rigby
DandelionPowderman
Eleanor Rigby

Great find! Thanks

That is very true!
Yes..enjoy!!

thumbs up

Posted by: Milan ()
Date: January 6, 2017 18:55

His Majesty
Something to note, it appears Stu throws a tambourine on to the stage from behind the amps. Always looking after his boys, eh!? Bless him!!! grinning smiley

Good catch, I was wondering what was thrown on the stage... thumbs up

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: January 6, 2017 19:08

DandelionPowderman
Eleanor Rigby

Great find! Thanks

Indeed great stuff...brings to mind a lot of 'what if's'...
Wondering if there's any more footage similar to this - there has to be!

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: January 6, 2017 19:11

And we have this footage but we need sound

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: January 6, 2017 20:04

Great footage

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1668
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home