Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...8990919293949596979899...LastNext
Current Page: 94 of 168
Re: The Rolling Stones live in 2015
Posted by: wickerman ()
Date: March 16, 2015 16:26

a bigger nut
josepi
I keep thinking that gap between San Diego and Columbus looks suspicious.

Yea.
But I won't be surprised even nothing happened.

They had 5 days vacant between Tokyo 1st and 2nd show last year.
Then some of Japanese fan rumored possible BUDOKAN extra show. But nothing.sad smiley

As much as I'd love to see them doing secret Columbus show, I doubt it's gonna happen. They could do something like this in major martkets, like LA or NYC. Actually they could stay in SoCal a few days after San Diego and maybe do the rumoured Nokia Theatre gig around May 27, for example.

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: March 16, 2015 16:28

I would say that this itinerary screams that they are NOT marching off in a whimper.
They are FAR from done.
These American towns will @#$%& ROCK this summer!

Posted by: RockinJive ()
Date: March 16, 2015 16:29

DoomandGloom
They should announce this tour schedule on April 1st as it's an "April Fools" joke. IT's unlikely they'll fill stadiums in such small market cities. The Stones are avoiding the entire East Coast of the country. Boston, New York, Philly, Baltimore that's where the money and a good part of their fan base is. Maybe Mick Taylor decided he didn't want to spend his summer in Detroit, Buffalo, Pittsburgh and Milwaukee and declined the tour. Whatever the reasoning they are misguided, an organization that usually gets things right is marching off in a whimper, avoiding Vegas, LA as well... Only conclusion they must not think very much of their show.

What an idiotical post. Taylor didn't want to go to these citys?

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: March 16, 2015 16:31

RockinJive
DoomandGloom
They should announce this tour schedule on April 1st as it's an "April Fools" joke. IT's unlikely they'll fill stadiums in such small market cities. The Stones are avoiding the entire East Coast of the country. Boston, New York, Philly, Baltimore that's where the money and a good part of their fan base is. Maybe Mick Taylor decided he didn't want to spend his summer in Detroit, Buffalo, Pittsburgh and Milwaukee and declined the tour. Whatever the reasoning they are misguided, an organization that usually gets things right is marching off in a whimper, avoiding Vegas, LA as well... Only conclusion they must not think very much of their show.

I agree Rockinjive. Where do people come up with this stuff?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-16 16:32 by More Hot Rocks.

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: March 16, 2015 16:38

RockinJive
DoomandGloom

I wasn't serious about that but this list is dreadful. No way Mick Jagger would visit Detroit or Pittsburgh if he weren't playing there, a guy who pays beautiful people to attend to avoid looking at an old bald audience in the front rows. I hope I am dead wrong and they sell out these football parks during the summer when gasoline is 3 dollars a gallon and the economy is sputtering in these cities. Not only New York but how do they manage to avoid the entire East Coast? Philly has been one of their strongholds for decades. Maybe Charlie will smack some sense into them.

Posted by: EJM ()
Date: March 16, 2015 16:39

Presumably one important aspect of the NA tour is enabling them to go to South America ......

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: March 16, 2015 16:42

DoomandGloom
RockinJive
DoomandGloom

I wasn't serious about that but this list is dreadful. No way Mick Jagger would visit Detroit or Pittsburgh if he weren't playing there, a guy who pays beautiful people to attend to avoid looking at an old bald audience in the front rows. I hope I am dead wrong and they sell out these football parks during the summer when gasoline is 3 dollars a gallon and the economy is sputtering in these cities. Not only New York but how do they manage to avoid the entire East Coast? Philly has been one of their strongholds for decades. Maybe Charlie will smack some sense into them.

3 dollars a gallon ? Here in the UK it's £5 a gallon, approx $7.50. Which is why I flew to 2 and got the coach to 1 of my 3 Eurpean shows last year.

Date: March 16, 2015 16:47

2 years ago Charlie refused to play outdoor stadiums, citing the dampness and other health concerns. Now they're touring the middle of America, outdoors for a month plus then traveling to South America to do the same? That's as far as I'll go with this conjecture but avoiding big markets and New York/LA reviews has me suspicious of this tour's actual band line-up beyond the Sticky Fingers showcase.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-16 16:49 by DoomandGloom.

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: March 16, 2015 16:48

DoomandGloom
RockinJive
DoomandGloom

You guys got your shows last year, or the year before, or whenever it was. This year, in cities where they haven't played for 10 years or longer, it's our turn. I'm sure you'll get yours next year. Looks like it's going to be one of those Macca-style never-ending tours .... at least until the wheels all fall off.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-16 16:51 by tatters.

Posted by: dlowe ()
Date: March 16, 2015 16:57

waterrats
Another nice one in from Rochester, NY - thx to Dylan for sending 2me!

Sorry to bump this old post (my picture) but what a delight to see it on the IORR homepage! Thanks bv!

Chicago '13 was my first chance to see the band, only 22 here...and this summer will be special indeed. I plan for Columbus, Pittsburgh, Nashville (the day before Bonnaroo--seems too much of a coincidence) and of course the Ralph! Wild anticipation, hope to meet some of you this summer!

-Dylan

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-16 17:02 by dlowe.

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: March 16, 2015 16:58

DoomandGloom
2 years ago Charlie refused to play outdoor stadiums, citing the dampness and other health concerns.

You actually believed that?

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: March 16, 2015 17:05

At this point I would choose Orlando. It would advantageous if they played in UCF's stadium as opposed to the Citrus Bowl. Seats would be closer, if I remember the diagrams correctly.

We're going to the Concert!

Date: March 16, 2015 17:06

Dan
DoomandGloom
2 years ago Charlie refused to play outdoor stadiums, citing the dampness and other health concerns.

You actually believed that?
yes

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: March 16, 2015 17:14

Grison
In Europe they had also the lucky dip tickets and despite the comment of Björnulf a lot of ticket agencies sold those for quite a long time after the concert has been called sold out. For Instance Oslo was open for about 10 days and Zurich even for more then two weeks in which you were able to get Tickets. I know that it did not work for other concerts as well.

I can't recall how the lucky dip thing was in 2013 as we had Pit tickets for 6 concerts and seats for 1. But to my understanding the issue was that the Rolling Stones insisted to have 1000 low price tickets for eacht concerts. Mind you it was only AEG who lost money and not the Stones. And at the end even when they filled the gaps with free concertgoers. What the heck I enjoyed all the arena concerts and in an arena you will never be so close even on first row.

Still I am happy for all the ones who would like to see them in a big place and enjoy the roaring power of the fans to celebrate the band. I hope that all of you will get tickets what they want.

Agreed. I was at that Oslo show. Although the website showed 'Sold Out' after 15 minutes or so, Tickets were available on the website in all sections (incl GC) in the weeks leading up to the show. I bought my GA ticket at full price about 2 hours after it went on sale and Lucky Dip tickets were available for 2-3 weeks. It still seemed quite full on show day though I could see empty seats.

Zurich was another show which was easy to get tickets for. I met Crawdaddy in Oslo and he got a great seat with his LD ticket, repeating his good luck in Zurick a week later.

Posted by: wickerman ()
Date: March 16, 2015 17:47

Despite what others said, I think Lucky Dips are great thing for Stones fans going to multiple show on a budget. When you attend just one concert I'd say - buy the best seats possible. But if you travel to more shows, you have more chance on scoring pretty good tix with Lucky Dips and save a lot of $$ in your Stones tour budget. If you end up on the upper level on one of the shows, well - that happens but you might end up in the pit on another show!

Posted by: fadeaway13 ()
Date: March 16, 2015 18:00

im hoping for lucky dip.
I have 225 per ticket for the show.

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: March 16, 2015 18:18

I've been following this thread since page 1. Regarding American Express presale info there have been any codes issued yet, correct?

Best regards…..

Posted by: footlooseman ()
Date: March 16, 2015 18:22

GlimmerGirl24
IGTBA
Robin Leach was dead on in that February article. But I wonder about AEG's judgment. In 2013, they had to invent the "$85s discounting" to fill the overpriced US/Canada arenas. Same thing, or worse (like closed off sections), will happen this summer if they overprice stadiums. Hard to believe they will make more at a stadium show than they could at the MGM arena.

The $85 tickets weren't discounted. They sold a lot of upper deck and back of the arena seats for $85, that they would have had problems unloading for over $50. A small percentage of us ended up in high rent areas, but most got a seat that would have been priced less than $85. We paid a premium for a low rent district.

Arenas have to sell at least two shows at Stones' pricing to get into the black. They have pesky little deals with their season ticket holders to offer them tickets to any event for $X. X is less than a Stones ticket in the areas they have to offer seating. To make up for that loss, they need two nights. Which is why on the last two tours the Stones have skipped arenas in a lot of secondary markets - the arenas wouldn't sign onto their pricing. Markets like NYC, LA, Chicago, the Bay Area can sell two or more nights. However, they did have problems with Boston two years ago and the third Philadelphia show became a DC date.

It's two years later. The Stones want the same or more to tour the U.S. The Stones haven't done anything to have tourists clamoring to fill up arenas more than once in most cities. AEG would like to make a profit. They must have decided their best bet at a profit were secondary markets that the Stones haven't played in 10 to 18 years. Arenas are out. But college football and baseball stadiums are not. They do not have the issues with the pesky contracts that arenas have to honor and have a chance to break even or show a profit.

The Stones make the same regardless of the venue. Once they're paid - the promoter and venue scramble for the crumbs. And that is why we get to see the Stones in a stadium that worships Woody Hayes. More crumbs for AEG and the venue to sweep up than there would be at the United Center in Chicago.

hey glimmergirl!! good to see you back postin its been a long time

Posted by: forsure ()
Date: March 16, 2015 18:25

caught some shows in 13, psyched as hell to be catching some more shows in 15. Bring on Columbus, Orlando, Pitt, Buffalo and hopefully Quebec City.

Arrows of neon and flashing marquees out on Main Street
Chicago, New York, Detroit and its all the same street...

Most of the cats that you meet on the street speak of true love
Most of the time they're sitting and crying at home

Date: March 16, 2015 18:25

Maindefender
I've been following this thread since page 1. Regarding American Express presale info there have been any codes issued yet, correct?

Best regards…..

American Express presale code is almost always 412800 for any show.

Posted by: alhavu1 ()
Date: March 16, 2015 18:28

No it is not. Why keep saying that?

Posted by: footlooseman ()
Date: March 16, 2015 18:29

Dan
Maindefender

Best regards…..

thanks DAN!!!
who else you going to see this year?

Posted by: rbk ()
Date: March 16, 2015 18:30

God what a bunch of whiners. The Stones are in their seventies and are not going to be able to do this again. Everyone of the markets that have been rumored for this tour have a longstanding history with the band who obviously don't need the money but do enjoy playing live. This tour is a way of thanking all of those people like they did down under last year and in Asia before that and Europe before that and in the OTHER American markets before that. They might do one offs in LA, London or New York in the next few years but for the big spectacle Stones show this is it. This is all she wrote.

Of course the only way they're going to reach the number of fans that want to see them is to play stadiums. These markets are smaller and far more spread out and are lower population wise compared to NYC, Toronto, DC, Chicago and LA. The cost of living in these places is lower so the people's incomes are proportionately lower as well. Hence, more people at a lower ticket price, one last time. Simple economics. These markets are more like those in Europe where the Stones played virtually all stadiums and festivals as well. O2 notwithstanding nary a basketball or hockey venue in the bunch.

We'll know in a few days but I'm guessing the high-rollers who doled out $250 to $600 for middling tickets in the US in 2013 are going to be shocked. These shows will be priced to sell or else there would be no point in doing them.

Date: March 16, 2015 18:36

alhavu1
No it is not. Why keep saying that?

Ooops, that's Citi Card.

It's either INGOLD or INPLATINUM.

Posted by: rbk ()
Date: March 16, 2015 18:37

Also, the routing of this tour makes perfect sense if the Stones, like they have in the past, hopscotch two stages around the country. It's not like the band is going to be following in a bus. Rockstars have been LearJetting to gigs for eons now. Most of this tour, for them, can be comfortably spent in Toronto and require only a short plane ride on the day of the show.

Date: March 16, 2015 18:38

Long time casual lurker and first time poster!!!

Hello IROO!!
Very excited for this tour as I am sure all of you are.
I am sitting calmly waiting to hear the actual tour dates and cities. I hope that they play Raleigh for many reasons:

1) It would be the only stop between Atlanta and Pittsburg (and the still rumored Queens NY show. That is a huge area. The DC folks will miss out (they barely got a show last time as it was fit into the very tail end after some time)

2) carter Findley is a great place to see a show...it is small, no nose bleeds, and easier in/out than most stadiums with various free parking in the the surround area if you dont mind a 10-15 walk. Cartet Findley is not confirmed, as there are other locations close by including other football stadiums (Puke University), arenas (PNC), and amphatheaters with 25K...and plenty of small clubs too should they decide...

3) Carter-Findley is about 25 minutes from home and 10 minutes from work for w/o traffic.

4) While here in North Carolina, do't forget to pick up a bottle of your favorite BBQ sauce:

I might head up to Buffalo if no Raleigh show as i will be about 160km from there during that time in July.

Either way...I hope everyone get to see a show they want...I wish safe travels for all visit in from Euroland.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-16 18:39 by UndercoverLovingcup.

Date: March 16, 2015 18:41

footlooseman
Dan
Maindefender

Best regards…..

thanks DAN!!!
who else you going to see this year?

OOPPS, INGOLD or INPLATINUM, either way I have access to an account at presalepasswordinfo.com so I can always look it up before hand.

Faith No More x 3 (at least), The Replacements I hope, anxiously awaiting announcement of the L7 reunion, all the usual local bands I always go see, anything I can get into for free, almost everything at the Hollywood Bowl.

I always add here as I go along.

There's this great band called Tex Pawnshop & The Tremolos with Gary Myrick and Tony Sales that plays this mexican restaurant down the street once a month, mostly covers, a few originals, Gary Myrick is probably the best guitar player I have seen in ages.

[ijwthstd.webs.com]

Posted by: bv ()
Date: March 16, 2015 18:44

rbk
God what a bunch of whiners. The Stones are in their seventies and are not going to be able to do this again. Everyone of the markets that have been rumored for this tour have a longstanding history with the band who obviously don't need the money but do enjoy playing live. This tour is a way of thanking all of those people like they did down under last year and in Asia before that and Europe before that and in the OTHER American markets before that. They might do one offs in LA, London or New York in the next few years but for the big spectacle Stones show this is it. This is all she wrote.

Of course the only way they're going to reach the number of fans that want to see them is to play stadiums. These markets are smaller and far more spread out and are lower population wise compared to NYC, Toronto, DC, Chicago and LA. The cost of living in these places is lower so the people's incomes are proportionately lower as well. Hence, more people at a lower ticket price, one last time. Simple economics. These markets are more like those in Europe where the Stones played virtually all stadiums and festivals as well. O2 notwithstanding nary a basketball or hockey venue in the bunch.

We'll know in a few days but I'm guessing the high-rollers who doled out $250 to $600 for middling tickets in the US in 2013 are going to be shocked. These shows will be priced to sell or else there would be no point in doing them.

Best post of the year! I could not agree more. And this is the reason why I will spend the summer in North America. You only live once.

Bjornulf

Posted by: Steven ()
Date: March 16, 2015 18:44

This may come as a shock to many, but those living outside the high tax cities and states often have have far more disposable income. Traveling to an area with $75 rooms is far easier than NYC and $400 rooms with rediculous parking and car rental fees. Really, Newark and Brooklyn are hardly vacation destinations and were avoided by many. Besides, if you are worried about the price of gas you can't afford a Stones show in the first place.

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: March 16, 2015 18:49

rbk

The question is what does "priced to sell"mean? If tickets are generally under $100, that would be "priced to sell," to me, in those markets given the number of tickets to be sold. I can't see there being much of a demand for higher-priced tickets than that. And as glimmergirl pointed out, the Stones are protected from these issues once the contract is signed. They get their guarantee, the promoters take all the risk.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...8990919293949596979899...LastNext
Current Page: 94 of 168

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2061
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home