Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...8889909192939495969798...LastNext
Current Page: 93 of 168
Re: The Rolling Stones live in 2015
Posted by: a bigger nut ()
Date: March 16, 2015 05:39

josepi
I keep thinking that gap between San Diego and Columbus looks suspicious.

Yea.
But I won't be surprised even nothing happened.

They had 5 days vacant between Tokyo 1st and 2nd show last year.
Then some of Japanese fan rumored possible BUDOKAN extra show. But nothing.sad smiley

Posted by: IGTBA ()
Date: March 16, 2015 05:41

Yes, MisterDDDD. It's not bad, just a big let down after learning they might play multiple times at Forest Hills or at least once at Red Rocks, which is less than 30 minutes from where I live.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: March 16, 2015 05:49

IGTBA
Yes, MisterDDDD. It's not bad, just a big let down after learning they might play multiple times at Forest Hills or at least once at Red Rocks, which is less than 30 minutes from where I live.

I'm with ya..
That one's gotta hurt..

Hurt me, and I'm 20hours from there, and would have driven it (again).

Keep the faith.. some of these other gigs will be epic!

Posted by: tauk ()
Date: March 16, 2015 05:57

TE
tauk
Cristiano Radtke
Roadblock for The Rolling Stones to perform in Las Vegas

By Robin Leach
Monday, Feb. 16, 2015 | 5:04 p.m.

Those mid-June plans for a Rolling Stones concert in Las Vegas have hit a roadblock, and I’m told that unless the group changes its mind, the music legends won’t be appearing here.

Originally the British rockers led by Mick Jagger had planned to include Las Vegas as a U.S. “14 On Fire Tour” stop in their current world tour.

The date of June 13 was penciled in at the 16,800-seat MGM Grand Garden Arena, but it turns out that bookings as far away as Europe and Australia have been juggernaut sellouts — in stadiums.

So promoters and management have apparently decided that the group will only play stadiums, not concert halls or arenas.

Even though we have 40,000 seats at Sam Boyd Stadium with room for thousands more standing on the field (remember The Grateful Dead had 125,533 fans there for its final show in 1995), it appears for now that Las Vegas is in jeopardy and struck from The Stones’ current concert plans.

[lasvegassun.com]

So, we never did get any kind of info re. why Sam Boyd Stadium in Las Vegas, NV can't be considered as a possibility for this 2015 summer tour. Even though it's capacity would meet the Stones' requirement for stadiums only this summer. By the way, The Las Vegas Sun, quoted above, is a supplement to the legitimate newspaper for the Vegas area, The Las Vegas Review-Journal. It's not some lying trashy blog like the one we experienced for a while a few months ago which gave us very misleading info re. the Rock-In Rio USA festival May 8-9th of this year.I live in Las Vegas but will gladly go to San Diego if I can possibly score good seats. But of course, if they make a STADIUM stop here I won't need to travel.

Hey Carolyn,
Do the trip to San Diego! Want regret it! Opening night, hard to explain but you go to a show without a clue what they will do for the first 8-10 songs. Go! See you there!

TE
Oslo

Thanks so much for the encouraging words. It's kind of a tricky situation for me because I don't have an American Express card or whatever type of credit card might be required for a pre-sale (if they have a pre-sale offer at all). I am sure that without a pre-sale I won't have any chance of a really good seat. I won't go if I can't have a good seat. I hope that doesn't sound too much like whining...a little little part of me deep inside is stamping my foot right now & crying smiling smiley I will try to obtain whatever kind of card might be useful for a pre-sale but I'm not sure I'll qualify for one just now. In 6 months or a year from now, yes, there would be no problem. I appreciate you're saying I can see you there because another issue I'm having is I will be alone & that sounds almost as depressing as not going at all! Thanks for letting me vent. I'll let you know later. Also, see my email on My profile if you'd like or my Facebook page Carolyn Frieburg Graham. I'll have a 1 hr 5 minute flight from Vegas. Do you live cloze to San Diego?

Re: LOS ANGELES 2015 Need the ROLLING STONES Please dont forsake us LA Fans
Posted by: likecats ()
Date: March 16, 2015 05:59

benroyblenkle
well good for you
san Diego's not even in Los Angeles country it might as well be another part of the world
so LA is supposed to be cut out because playing in places they missed two years ago is a good thing????? For who??? LA has one of the largest Stones fan bases besides NYC
San Diego sucks

San Diego does not suck, and as far as stadiums go, Petco Park is a nice venue.
I lived in L.A. off and on and I still go there to see bands that bypass San Diego (which happens frequently). Yes, it's about a 2.5 hour drive, often in rush hour traffic, and driving home late at night when the 5 and 405 are closed for never-ending construction is a hassle, but I accept it as part of the deal. It won't hurt you to drive to S.D. Actually, the Honda Center in Anaheim was a nice compromise in 2013 but I guess that's not happening.

Posted by: likecats ()
Date: March 16, 2015 06:04

More Hot Rocks
jumpontopofmebaby
When do tickets go on sale. Hopefully the different shows go on sale on different dates

I hope so too.

Me three. After the GD50 Ticketmaster fiasco (I actually pulled up a ticket and then the system crashed and I lost it) I would like the feeding frenzy spread out a little instead of everyone scrambling at the same time.

Date: March 16, 2015 06:07

Robin Leach was dead on in that February article. But I wonder about AEG's judgment. In 2013, they had to invent the "$85s discounting" to fill the overpriced US/Canada arenas. Same thing, or worse (like closed off sections), will happen this summer if they overprice stadiums. Hard to believe they will make more at a stadium show than they could at the MGM arena.

Date: March 16, 2015 06:39

josepi
dcba
buffalo7478

OPTIONS TO BUFFALO FROM EUROPE:

GO THRU TORONTO - much cheaper flights than going thru NYC, and 2 hours away from Buffalo. Easy drive or train, though a car makes more sense

You might have a hard time explaining US Customs agents why you traveled from Europe to Buffalo through Toronto. Won't that look shady to cops?
And crossing the US border coming from Canada is tricky even for Canadians.

Me I'd take the "easy" NYC route.

Reminds me of the time when I came back thru customs after a Toronto show at CNE. Boarder agent asks me what i'm doing in Canada and i tell him it was to see the Stones. He asks me if i got any pot on me and i tell him i smoked it all at the show. He says drive on thru with a scowl on his face.

Oh God that's funny--smiling smiley LOL. Posts like this make me glad I discovered iorr.org whether or not I get lucky enough to pull off seeing the Stones this year orspinning smiley sticking its tongue out not.

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: March 16, 2015 06:42

IGTBA
Robin Leach was dead on in that February article. But I wonder about AEG's judgment. In 2013, they had to invent the "$85s discounting" to fill the overpriced US/Canada arenas. Same thing, or worse (like closed off sections), will happen this summer if they overprice stadiums. Hard to believe they will make more at a stadium show than they could at the MGM arena.

If South America never materializes, look for more dates in the fall.

My guesspremium flex pricing/a lot in the $125 range/maybe some $65-85 will call only, also flexed.

Things are a lot different now. They always pushed the envelope on pricing but now $125 to 150 for an average seat at a stadium show is the norm so aside from premium priced seats there wouldn't be much sticker shock. Just look at Taylor Swift stadium pricing.

Posted by: DREAMTIME ()
Date: March 16, 2015 07:14

little queenie
the schedule is good for someone living in chicago like me....lots of one day drive trips, north, south, east, and west. i can see about 8 shows without having to fly anywhere.

'i can' ?
you mean
'i will see 8 shows...'

Posted by: DREAMTIME ()
Date: March 16, 2015 07:17

josepi
I keep thinking that gap between San Diego and Columbus looks suspicious. Maybe they'll slip Santa Clara into that spot. If they really want to make some noise, they should slide into Columbus 3 days early and do a club gig at the Newport: America's longest continually running rock club, the venue that opened the Gunslinger tour, the site where John Lee Hooker gave his last American performance, the stage where U2 played their 1st US gig, and the place where Eric Burdon threatened to beat up a fan. No better place to film the Sticky Fingers show. Hey, I'm a dreamer - so sue me! Bowie, Springteen, AC/DC, and tons of others played here before they broke big. No noise reg's...

"Rocker Ted Nugent was attracted because it had no noise regulations. Stienecker remembers Nugent putting the butt of his guitar in the soundman’s face and telling him that if he did not turn the sound up as loud as it could go, he would hunt down the man’s family and kill them. That night Nugent lived up to his reputation of playing one of the loudest shows people have ever heard."

“I love this place because there is an intimacy you do not get playing at the bigger places,” Joe Walsh said in the documentary. “There’s no such thing as having a bad gig here. You can’t. It won’t let you.”

a brief history:
[thelantern.com]

and a great documentary inc interviews with B.B. King, Ted Nugent, Joe Walsh, Peter Frampton, and great rare live footage of early Queen, Alice Cooper, lots of acts. great doc!
[www.youtube.com]

according to U2, their first US gig was at The Mudd Club in NYC to an audience of 2. Their real first US show was at The Ritz in NYC. I was there.

Date: March 16, 2015 07:27

JagFan
I'm not sure if this has been discussed yet, if so I apologize. But I am wondering how the pre-sale tickets work. Have they mentioned if it will go to AMEX cardholders or Citi cardholders? I'd just like any nfo on how this works. Thanks.

I also really need info re.how to find out which type of credit card will be used....so I can hurry up & apply for the correct one one....although in a previous post answering my question re. this I believe Bv indicated that the type of pre-sale might vary according to whatever promotional company is involved which could be different ones for different cities..I'm not 100% sure if i understand that correctly? Thanks.

Posted by: footlooseman ()
Date: March 16, 2015 07:38

no giants stadium? ouch

Posted by: GlimmerGirl24 ()
Date: March 16, 2015 08:02

IGTBA

The $85 tickets weren't discounted. They sold a lot of upper deck and back of the arena seats for $85, that they would have had problems unloading for over $50. A small percentage of us ended up in high rent areas, but most got a seat that would have been priced less than $85. We paid a premium for a low rent district.

Arenas have to sell at least two shows at Stones' pricing to get into the black. They have pesky little deals with their season ticket holders to offer them tickets to any event for $X. X is less than a Stones ticket in the areas they have to offer seating. To make up for that loss, they need two nights. Which is why on the last two tours the Stones have skipped arenas in a lot of secondary markets - the arenas wouldn't sign onto their pricing. Markets like NYC, LA, Chicago, the Bay Area can sell two or more nights. However, they did have problems with Boston two years ago and the third Philadelphia show became a DC date.

It's two years later. The Stones want the same or more to tour the U.S. The Stones haven't done anything to have tourists clamoring to fill up arenas more than once in most cities. AEG would like to make a profit. They must have decided their best bet at a profit were secondary markets that the Stones haven't played in 10 to 18 years. Arenas are out. But college football and baseball stadiums are not. They do not have the issues with the pesky contracts that arenas have to honor and have a chance to break even or show a profit.

The Stones make the same regardless of the venue. Once they're paid - the promoter and venue scramble for the crumbs. And that is why we get to see the Stones in a stadium that worships Woody Hayes. More crumbs for AEG and the venue to sweep up than there would be at the United Center in Chicago.

Posted by: josepi ()
Date: March 16, 2015 08:04

DREAMTIME
according to U2, their first US gig was at The Mudd Club in NYC to an audience of 2. Their real first US show was at The Ritz in NYC. I was there.

Newport has been advertising themselves as the 1st U2 gig for 25 years (back when they were called the Agora). If you correct them now, the town will burn the place down! The good news is i can confirm the Eric Burdon incident. I was at that one and he scared the sh*t out of me!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-16 08:06 by josepi.

Date: March 16, 2015 08:38

GlimmerGirl24
IGTBA

The $85 tickets weren't discounted. They sold a lot of upper deck and back of the arena seats for $85, that they would have had problems unloading for over $50. A small percentage of us ended up in high rent areas, but most got a seat that would have been priced less than $85. We paid a premium for a low rent district.

Arenas have to sell at least two shows at Stones' pricing to get into the black. They have pesky little deals with their season ticket holders to offer them tickets to any event for $X. X is less than a Stones ticket in the areas they have to offer seating. To make up for that loss, they need two nights. Which is why on the last two tours the Stones have skipped arenas in a lot of secondary markets - the arenas wouldn't sign onto their pricing. Markets like NYC, LA, Chicago, the Bay Area can sell two or more nights. However, they did have problems with Boston two years ago and the third Philadelphia show became a DC date.

It's two years later. The Stones want the same or more to tour the U.S. The Stones haven't done anything to have tourists clamoring to fill up arenas more than once in most cities. AEG would like to make a profit. They must have decided their best bet at a profit were secondary markets that the Stones haven't played in 10 to 18 years. Arenas are out. But college football and baseball stadiums are not. They do not have the issues with the pesky contracts that arenas have to honor and have a chance to break even or show a profit.

The Stones make the same regardless of the venue. Once they're paid - the promoter and venue scramble for the crumbs. And that is why we get to see the Stones in a stadium that worships Woody Hayes. More crumbs for AEG and the venue to sweep up than there would be at the United Center in Chicago.

I agree with lots of your comment, but the $85s were not offered at the beginning of the 2013 tour. Initially AEG had a very tight limit on the number of lowest priced seats, which I think were generally offered in the $70-high90s range, but few could get those because of the very limited quantity. AEG was trying to sell almost the entire lower level for the $350-450 price and most of the upper level for prices around $200+. But then they saw that was not going to happen, so they came out with the $85s - and to fill the arenas, thousands of those had to be sold, plus at several arenas they moved to discounting most, or all, of the seats that did not sell initially, except for Vegas - and lots of $85s were sold even for Vegas - so that was "discounting". I had $85s for twelve of the concerts and got in the pit twice and got good seats four other times. As for the other six times, most but not every time, I was able self upgrade to good seats from the nosebleed ones.

The arena issue with season ticket holder rights, is a problem for the Stones, even though I think that only applies to suites in most cases - so its not quite as big an issue as you imply - but its significant. I know, for the new Las Vegas arena being built by AEG/MGM, the season ticket holders for the proposed new NHL team will not have any special rights for tickets other than the NHL games (but ? not sure about any suites there).

It will be interesting to see how sales go for the big stadiums this tour. In 2013, those fans who were patient got better values than those who purchased in the initial sale.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-16 08:51 by IGTBA.

Posted by: TE ()
Date: March 16, 2015 08:43

tauk
TE
tauk
Cristiano Radtke

By Robin Leach

Those mid-June plans for a Rolling Stones concert in Las Vegas have hit a roadblock, and I’m told that unless the group changes its mind, the music legends won’t be appearing here.

Originally the British rockers led by Mick Jagger had planned to include Las Vegas as a U.S. “14 On Fire Tour” stop in their current world tour.

The date of June 13 was penciled in at the 16,800-seat MGM Grand Garden Arena, but it turns out that bookings as far away as Europe and Australia have been juggernaut sellouts — in stadiums.

So promoters and management have apparently decided that the group will only play stadiums, not concert halls or arenas.

Even though we have 40,000 seats at Sam Boyd Stadium with room for thousands more standing on the field (remember The Grateful Dead had 125,533 fans there for its final show in 1995), it appears for now that Las Vegas is in jeopardy and struck from The Stones’ current concert plans.

[lasvegassun.com]

So, we never did get any kind of info re. why Sam Boyd Stadium in Las Vegas, NV can't be considered as a possibility for this 2015 summer tour. Even though it's capacity would meet the Stones' requirement for stadiums only this summer. By the way, The Las Vegas Sun, quoted above, is a supplement to the legitimate newspaper for the Vegas area, The Las Vegas Review-Journal. It's not some lying trashy blog like the one we experienced for a while a few months ago which gave us very misleading info re. the Rock-In Rio USA festival May 8-9th of this year.I live in Las Vegas but will gladly go to San Diego if I can possibly score good seats. But of course, if they make a STADIUM stop here I won't need to travel.

Hey Carolyn,
Do the trip to San Diego! Want regret it! Opening night, hard to explain but you go to a show without a clue what they will do for the first 8-10 songs. Go! See you there!

TE
Oslo

Thanks so much for the encouraging words. It's kind of a tricky situation for me because I don't have an American Express card or whatever type of credit card might be required for a pre-sale (if they have a pre-sale offer at all). I am sure that without a pre-sale I won't have any chance of a really good seat. I won't go if I can't have a good seat. I hope that doesn't sound too much like whining...a little little part of me deep inside is stamping my foot right now & crying smiling smiley I will try to obtain whatever kind of card might be useful for a pre-sale but I'm not sure I'll qualify for one just now. In 6 months or a year from now, yes, there would be no problem. I appreciate you're saying I can see you there because another issue I'm having is I will be alone & that sounds almost as depressing as not going at all! Thanks for letting me vent. I'll let you know later. Also, see my email on My profile if you'd like or my Facebook page Carolyn Frieburg Graham. I'll have a 1 hr 5 minute flight from Vegas. Do you live cloze to San Diego?

Not so very close, LOL, roughly a 2+12 hours flight away. Live in Norway.

TE
Oslo

Posted by: StonedAsia ()
Date: March 16, 2015 10:06

Carter Finley is a good show and good stadium; not really a bad seat in the house. I'm just irked that the rumoured show is the 1st of July as I can't get back to the states until the 16th. I'd love to see them close to home (Chapel Hill would be better!!!)

I just hope to see them at least once in the US but saving my money for a POSSIBLE S.A. leg.

Posted by: Grison ()
Date: March 16, 2015 10:14

In Europe they had also the lucky dip tickets and despite the comment of Björnulf a lot of ticket agencies sold those for quite a long time after the concert has been called sold out. For Instance Oslo was open for about 10 days and Zurich even for more then two weeks in which you were able to get Tickets. I know that it did not work for other concerts as well.

I can't recall how the lucky dip thing was in 2013 as we had Pit tickets for 6 concerts and seats for 1. But to my understanding the issue was that the Rolling Stones insisted to have 1000 low price tickets for eacht concerts. Mind you it was only AEG who lost money and not the Stones. And at the end even when they filled the gaps with free concertgoers. What the heck I enjoyed all the arena concerts and in an arena you will never be so close even on first row.

Still I am happy for all the ones who would like to see them in a big place and enjoy the roaring power of the fans to celebrate the band. I hope that all of you will get tickets what they want.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-16 11:28 by Grison.

Posted by: buffalo7478 ()
Date: March 16, 2015 14:17

GlimmerGirl24
IGTBA

Not sure about other arenas, but Buffalo's First Niagara Center, at 19,000 seats, doesn't have deals with season ticket holders for concerts. More than one sports franchise plays in the arena (hockey and lacrosse) so you have two sets of season ticket holders. All your season ticket gets you is your season ticket. I am guessing the same is true for United Center in Chicago, Air Canada Center, MSG, Barclay's etc.

Garth Brooks (though I hate country music) sold out FIVE shows in our arena, but ticket prices were reasonable. It became an 'event'.

Stones maybe doing the same with stadiums. Not selling a concert, but an event. And I am guessing there will be a lot of $85 seats, which they will need to draw the masses....which is OK.

Posted by: Mr.D ()
Date: March 16, 2015 14:36

In some of these small market cities they will be giving away tickets free with a fillup at local gas stations...winking smiley

Date: March 16, 2015 15:02

They seem to be banking on the 2013 people traveling more and filling up the gap between local fans and out of town fans. I am not convinced every weekday market will sell out though. I mean- if I could make it I would certainly do my part of course.

Date: March 16, 2015 15:12

Do we have any hint as to when tickets will go on sale?

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: March 16, 2015 15:13

Mr.D
In some of these small market cities they will be giving away tickets free with a fillup at local gas stations...winking smiley

That's one nice thing about living out here in the sticks. You can walk up to the box office minutes before showtime and get good seats. I could never do that when I lived in New York. I'm not stressing at all about getting tickets for these shows.

Posted by: alhavu1 ()
Date: March 16, 2015 15:13

I agree. A lot of weird places that will not sell if the prices are high

Posted by: oldschool ()
Date: March 16, 2015 15:35

IGTBA
GlimmerGirl24
IGTBA

I agree with lots of your comment, but the $85s were not offered at the beginning of the 2013 tour. Initially AEG had a very tight limit on the number of lowest priced seats, which I think were generally offered in the $70-high90s range, but few could get those because of the very limited quantity. AEG was trying to sell almost the entire lower level for the $350-450 price and most of the upper level for prices around $200+. But then they saw that was not going to happen, so they came out with the $85s - and to fill the arenas, thousands of those had to be sold, plus at several arenas they moved to discounting most, or all, of the seats that did not sell initially, except for Vegas - and lots of $85s were sold even for Vegas - so that was "discounting". I had $85s for twelve of the concerts and got in the pit twice and got good seats four other times. As for the other six times, most but not every time, I was able self upgrade to good seats from the nosebleed ones.

The arena issue with season ticket holder rights, is a problem for the Stones, even though I think that only applies to suites in most cases - so its not quite as big an issue as you imply - but its significant. I know, for the new Las Vegas arena being built by AEG/MGM, the season ticket holders for the proposed new NHL team will not have any special rights for tickets other than the NHL games (but ? not sure about any suites there).

It will be interesting to see how sales go for the big stadiums this tour. In 2013, those fans who were patient got better values than those who purchased in the initial sale.

I agree with this post. I was not going to go see them here until they offered the $85 tickets and I got lower bowl for both shows so they did not offer this only for the nose bleeds.

I think they are going to have trouble selling out the stadiums if they don't make the ticket prices reasonable.

When they played the stadium here during the ABB tour I know they offered thousands of free tickets to some of the local companies to fill in the upper decks of the stadium.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 16, 2015 15:52

oldschool
IGTBA
GlimmerGirl24
IGTBA

I agree with this post. I was not going to go see them here until they offered the $85 tickets and I got lower bowl for both shows so they did not offer this only for the nose bleeds.

I think they are going to have trouble selling out the stadiums if they don't make the ticket prices reasonable.

When they played the stadium here during the ABB tour I know they offered thousands of free tickets to some of the local companies to fill in the upper decks of the stadium.

you've mirrored my take and experience with this last time.

I thought, if I go I want good seats, but I'm not going to pay $600+ for a seat.

Then 85s came up so I rolled the dice. I got nosebleeds behind/beside the stage. Five minutes before showtime we got upgraded to unbelievably good seats lower level right beside the stage.

I'll employ the same strategy this time, if the tickets aren't priced reasonably. If that doesn't work, I'll direct my funds to the various editions of the Sticky Fingers deluxe release.

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: March 16, 2015 15:54

IGTBA
I agree with lots of your comment, but the $85s were not offered at the beginning of the 2013 tour.

$85 tickets were offered on the inital April 8, 2013 onsale date - [www.iorr.org]

Posted by: Stones726 ()
Date: March 16, 2015 16:00

TE
tauk
TE
tauk
Cristiano Radtke

By Robin Leach

Is this the TE I met in Stockholm for the Cirkus theatre show during the licks Tour 2003? I was with my wife and you were with your bandmate (Midnight Ramblers)

[lasvegassun.com]

Hey Carolyn,

TE
Oslo

Not so very close, LOL, roughly a 2+12 hours flight away. Live in Norway.

TE
Oslo

Is this the TE I met in Stockholm for the Cirkus theatre show during the licks Tour 2003? I was with my wife and you were with your bandmate Jan(Midnight Ramblers) You took a picture of my wife with Bernard Fowler at the Grand Hotel Bar!

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: March 16, 2015 16:19

They should announce this tour schedule on April 1st as it's an "April Fools" joke. IT's unlikely they'll fill stadiums in such small market cities. The Stones are avoiding the entire East Coast of the country. Boston, New York, Philly, Baltimore that's where the money and a good part of their fan base is. Maybe Mick Taylor decided he didn't want to spend his summer in Detroit, Buffalo, Pittsburgh and Milwaukee and declined the tour. Whatever the reasoning they are misguided, an organization that usually gets things right is marching off in a whimper, avoiding Vegas, LA as well... Only conclusion they must not think very much of their show.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...8889909192939495969798...LastNext
Current Page: 93 of 168

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1361
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home