Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2526272829303132333435...LastNext
Current Page: 30 of 168
Re: The Rolling Stones live in 2015
Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: February 13, 2015 21:26

Steinschlag

Oh no - not the discussion about ticket prices and setlists again....I`m tired of this.

Me too. The Stones really should do something about it.

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: February 13, 2015 21:43

24FPS
Steinschlag

Oh no - not the discussion about ticket prices and setlists again....I`m tired of this.

Me too. The Stones really should do something about it.

You know they don't do Jack Sh*t as long as it doesn't bring extra friggin' bread to the table, now don't you!??

That's to say, if one is to believe all one reads, around here.

Oh right, did I mention already that I find the setlists quite boring too, because I make a habbit of seeing them whenever I have the opportunity, and have succeeded in doing so about 31 times since 1990 - but that I welcome the fact that every gig since then, I've met people aged from 7 to 77 that attended their first ever Stones show and were completely out of their heads afterwards because they heard Satisfaction & Miss You & Midnight Rambler & IORR & Brown Sugar & ... "LIVE!!!"?? And that I still get a tear in my eye whenever I hear them kick off JJF? And that I DON'T think the Stones are "overpriced" - they allways delivered 100% for every cent I ever paid them.... plus I ask again (I've put the same question last year over here): what was the AVERAGE ticket price for the previous 14 Stones shows?!

Have a great weekend, y'all.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: February 13, 2015 21:50

As long as they will still do the Lucky Dip tix, a lot of fans with limited rescources, will always have that chance of seeing The Rolling Stones before it's too late.

Then there will be big regrets if you didn't go for it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-02-13 22:40 by crawdaddy.

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: February 13, 2015 21:58

OutOfTime
kammpberg
Interesting what Maindefender wrote that he left the show to watch a hockey game. I've seen every Stones tour since 1975 except the last US tour because....wasn't worth it to me...so expensive and predictable. I'm a huge Stones fan - over 300 albums (imports, collectors items etc) and still listen to them all the time. I find people very defensive on this website but I can't help be disappointed with The Stones over the last 15 years or so. I'm jeolous how Springsteen and U2 will still release excellent albums consistently and then tour the albums and play the new stuff and rare stuff and their fans love it. The audience knows and sings the new songs and they expect to be challenged and not just play the same classics over and over. Unfortunately the Stones have painted themselves in a corner and have to play the same classics again and again, because a large percentage of the concert goers only know those classics and that's why their there. I hear you Mandefender, I wouldn't leave a show...but I don't get excited and say wow here's Satisfaction, JJ Flash and I'm not willing to shell out huge bucks to hear one or two semi rarities. And I LOVE The Stones.

thumbs down
I think you made a really bad decision and don't know what you missed: A Great Time With The Rolling Stones and Stones-lovers from all around the world.
Maybe you are even a bit frustated you're too tight with money and try to find an excuse for your mistake.

This is what I thought before the first show 50 & Counting in the O2.
But I was wrong all the way!
In the O2 I was dancing for two hours starting with I Wanna Be Your Man and the thrill of the whole event. First show in 5 years
Hyde Park II was also fantastic.
and last year Berlin, Waldbuhne in the pit...
That's three great shows which I thought could never happen after ABB 2007.
I could have done without Hyde Park I and Werchter, but hey that's live.

Yeah it's weird I can't wrap my head around my live experiences with the Stones. Believe me I was boogieing with the best of them thru MR. Going Down with Gary Clark Jr. was an out of body experience!!! I've seen every North American tour since '81 and had some great moments. Crazy Mama on the B stage in very freezing temps Foxboro Stadium was another great one, Loved the Voodoo Lounge tour!! The intro to Going to A Go Go, Another B stage MR and Route 66 Security tour, Fenway with the whole family!!! many others and I remember every show pretty vividly…...

Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: February 13, 2015 22:34

crawdaddy
As long as they will still do the Lucky Dip tix, a lot of fans with limited rescources, will always have that chance of seeing The Rolling Stones before it's too late.

Then there will be big regrets.

And if you end up fortunate enough to have a show in your hometown, there's always deals to be had on show day.

The setlist/price thing is very 2012. We know the drill now. You'll get the same show, basically, but it's more about the chance to see it one last more time.

For some, that is a huge blessing.

I'm not the type to go travelling for shows, or spend big bucks, but I'm happy for those that do.

Posted by: Lien ()
Date: February 13, 2015 22:53

mnewman505
Karl Denson appears to be a permanent replacement for Bobby and I have no problem with that, i've seen his band many times and they are great. I think he's a solid fit for the Stones...

Ronnie: “We’re thinking of keeping Karl on, because he really loved Bobby’s work.”

[radio.com]

Karl Denson just changed his profilephoto on facebook....with the Rolling Stones tongue logo winking smiley

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: February 13, 2015 23:03

June & July would include approximately 16 shows at 2 per week. Here is my guess for venues:

New York City (Brooklyn)
Boston
Philadelphia
Washington

Atlanta
Charlotte
Ft.Lauderdale (Sunrise or Miami)
New Orleans

Dallas
Houston
St Louis or Kansas City
Chicago

Phoenix
Los Angeles
Seattle
Las Vegas

Posted by: RipThisBone ()
Date: February 13, 2015 23:33

Lien
mnewman505
Karl Denson appears to be a permanent replacement for Bobby and I have no problem with that, i've seen his band many times and they are great. I think he's a solid fit for the Stones...

Ronnie: “We’re thinking of keeping Karl on, because he really loved Bobby’s work.”

[radio.com]

Karl Denson just changed his profilephoto on facebook....with the Rolling Stones tongue logo winking smiley

drinking smiley Hmmmm, well okay...,but we will never forget Bobby Keys!!!hot smiley

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: February 13, 2015 23:41

what a strange quote. I would think they would keep him because he plays so damn well. Is loving Bobby a pre-requisite? I guess they are keeping Chuck because he loved Stu and Nicky's work? peace

Date: February 14, 2015 00:11

Naturalust

what a strange quote. I would think they would keep him because he plays so damn well. Is loving Bobby a pre-requisite? I guess they are keeping Chuck because he loved Stu and Nicky's work? peace

smileys with beer

Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: February 14, 2015 00:20

I love Mick & Keiths work. Maybe one day you'll see me on that stage...

Posted by: kammpberg ()
Date: February 14, 2015 00:51

I'm not saying that seeing the Stones these last 10 years is not an enjoyable experience. It's fun seeing JJ Flash, Satisfaction and the warhorses. But as I diehard Stones fan, sorry If I feels its so damn predictable. I remember '75 (no you can enjoy it with the new release) but it focused on new material, '78 obviously was all about the great new Some Girls album, '81 was a great mix of new songs and classics, voodoo lounge also focused heavily on that album. The Stones were still a vibrant ACTIVE band. Sorry if I miss those days. I'll have a great time too dancing to the Stones classics, but it also saddens me that they let themselves become a nostalgia act instead of a vibrant ACTIVE band releasing classic new material that REAL fans would enjoy hearing live as much as hearing Satisfaction etc for the 100th time

Posted by: Mr.D ()
Date: February 14, 2015 00:56

The list I've seen has almost no shows in the cities on the '13 tour, no LA, no Vegas, no Boston, no Washington, DC...and they aren't playing MSG in NY again.

Posted by: Freejack ()
Date: February 14, 2015 01:11

kammpberg
...I find people very defensive on this website but I can't help be disappointed with The Stones over the last 15 years or so. I'm jeolous how Springsteen and U2 will still release excellent albums consistently and then tour the albums and play the new stuff and rare stuff and their fans love it...

I wish they would release more new stuff too. And play more rarities. I also joined the tour in 1975 and have seen every tour since then up until the last LA Mick Taylor packed Staples show, which was just great.

I am here to encourage you to go again if you get the chance. Remember the energy and high of seeing them live is an unbeatable feeling. Being there for the warhorses, and a few choice cuts is still a great spectacle, and one that they never phone-in.

Cut them a break, every show they play probably has 50% Stones live virgins, and those virgins must be sacrificed with the same ritual we were sacrificed with, or their souls won't make it to Stones heaven!

I'm curious, Which songs would make you see them again?

Date: February 14, 2015 01:19

Freejack
kammpberg
...I find people very defensive on this website but I can't help be disappointed with The Stones over the last 15 years or so. I'm jeolous how Springsteen and U2 will still release excellent albums consistently and then tour the albums and play the new stuff and rare stuff and their fans love it...

I wish they would release more new stuff too. And play more rarities. I also joined the tour in 1975 and have seen every tour since then up until the last LA Mick Taylor packed Staples show, which was just great.

I am here to encourage you to go again if you get the chance. Remember the energy and high of seeing them live is an unbeatable feeling. Being there for the warhorses, and a few choice cuts is still a great spectacle, and one that they never phone-in.

Cut them a break, every show they play probably has 50% Stones live virgins, and those virgins must be sacrificed with the same ritual we were sacrificed with, or their souls won't make it to Stones heaven!

I'm curious, Which songs would make you see them again?

thumbs upthumbs upthumbs up

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: February 14, 2015 01:39

Since this is a summer tour I guess it will be arena and stadiums? hmm

Date: February 14, 2015 02:43

Perhaps I'm not expressing myself well. I'm so disappointed that since 1997, the Stones have released two studio albums. Two albums in 18 years, but as a touring entity, they've been very active throughout that same period of time. Sure they're still passionate on stage, and Jagger is still the greatest front man - even now. I agree. But I grew up with the band. We're the same age. I miss the days of an album a year with a tour every 3 years where they focused on NEW material. I know times have changed and bands don't release an album a year. But there are Major artists on the Stones level (not to me though), who still actively release new material and tour it, focusing on that material. (Springsteen / U2 for instance). And their fans love it. They often play the whole new album and their fans sing the lyrics and don't make bathroom runs. Instead of catering to true Stones fans, the band caters to the "johnny come lately - lets experience the Stones - lets hear JJ Flash, Satisfaction fan and make bathroom run during the less known songs. To me a disappointing way to finish out the last 18 damn years. I want great new material, played live with the same passion as the classics. For me highlight of Voodoo Lounge tour was the Voodoo Lounge material - it was great live and fresh. Bridges tour had some great new material - Out Of Control was an instant classic live. Bigger Bang not so much, though I thought the album was great. The Stones obviously had little faith in it live.

Date: February 14, 2015 02:49

I'll add one more thing. I love The Who. One of the greatest groups of all time. But it drives me crazy that The Who celebrate 50 years now. Bullshit. They've released one album since 1982 but touring ever since. It's not fair. Throughout that time, I critized the Who and would point out that The Stones never stopped - still produced new music and toured for it. Now I eat humble pie, because The Stones have basically become The Who. Still great live, totally exciting, but not much more than a cash cow.

Posted by: nankerphlege ()
Date: February 14, 2015 02:49

Atlanta, ga
Athens, ga
Atlanta again

Those are my city requests winking smiley

Go Dawgs!

Posted by: Hound Dog ()
Date: February 14, 2015 03:30

People by now should know the tickets are going to be expensive as hell and if your willing to pay that much you better understand you are going to get the same songs they always play. Maybe one surprise in the set if your lucky.

Posted by: DREAMTIME ()
Date: February 14, 2015 03:31

New York City (Brooklyn)
Boston
Philadelphia
Atlanta
Miami
New Orleans
Denver
Dallas
Houston
St Louis
Phoenix
Los Angeles
Seattle
Las Vegas

Posted by: Woz ()
Date: February 14, 2015 03:55

They will play San Francisco.

Posted by: alhavu1 ()
Date: February 14, 2015 03:59

DREAMTIME
New York City (Brooklyn)
Boston
Philadelphia
Atlanta
Miami
New Orleans
Denver
Dallas
Houston
St Louis
Phoenix
Los Angeles
Seattle
Las Vegas

Oh no

Posted by: Roscoe ()
Date: February 14, 2015 05:44

Mr.D
The list I've seen has almost no shows in the cities on the '13 tour, no LA, no Vegas, no Boston, no Washington, DC...and they aren't playing MSG in NY again.

Can you share that list?

Posted by: benstones ()
Date: February 14, 2015 06:59

Roscoe
Mr.D

Can you share that list?

Yes, you said too much, share the list please smiling smiley

Benjamin.

Posted by: kahoosier ()
Date: February 14, 2015 07:05

Well lets see, if the tour is all stadiums, there will be no pit. If there is no PIT, there is no need for VIP early entry. If there is no VIP early entry PIT, I can tell you from Auckland that row 1, 2, 3 or 4 are really not that different as far as a sense of intimacy goes, it's just bragging rights.. So BOOM ticket prices, while still high, are cut in half for me if it's all stadiums.

It's those VIP PIT tickets early entry that are killers. So part of me hopes for arenas, I like that being on the rail in the pit, its like being at a theater, but my wallet says first 5 rows in a stadium, save money.

But then the problem is I don't enjoy the stadium experience as much as....oh what the Hell...so many variables. Its the Stones, summertime the States, time to take another month off and spend way too much.

So Beast, BV, MIA Jillian, Little Queeny, Paulywauly, Manofwealthandtaste , and all of the rest of you:

I'll follow you across the stars
And look for you in seedy bars

A bit of paraphrasing, so I'll buy the first round to pay for the artistic licensesmileys with beerhot smiley

Posted by: MizzAmandaJonez ()
Date: February 14, 2015 08:46

Seattle
Sacramento
San Diego
Phoenix
Dallas
Denver
New Orleans
Atlanta
Memphis
Jacksonville
Miami
Cleveland
StPaul
StLouis

Posted by: kahoosier ()
Date: February 14, 2015 11:47

All these lists people generate skip Detroit, and yet that is where Ron broke the news on a phone call right? I mean doesn't it make sense that they at least get a show in Detroit of they get the first news out of a band member?

Posted by: wicked67 ()
Date: February 14, 2015 13:33

that u2 make good records in recent years is not at all true...but it is also true that the stones in the studio do not do anything interesting but a long time...are just a live band!!!

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: February 14, 2015 14:11

benstones
Roscoe
Mr.D

Can you share that list?

Yes, you said too much, share the list please

Add to the list of those wanting to see "the list". Link to where others might see it?

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2526272829303132333435...LastNext
Current Page: 30 of 168

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2188
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home