Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Stones videos on MTV....
Posted by: sf37 ()
Date: June 22, 2005 21:09

Gazza, thanks so much for the comprehensive list. Obviously they've done quite a few more videos than I was aware of. Now my mission, I suppose, is to track each one down. Anyone have any suggestions?

Though I'm missing several of them, I do have a good number of Stones videos already recorded on VHS, one of which is (or so I thought) a studio version of Brown Sugar. It depicts the band performing on a stage someplace, and since it's the studio music playing in this video, I just assumed it was a promo video, but I could be mistaken.

Thanks again!

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: June 22, 2005 22:39

if its the one where Mick is wearing a pink suit, then thats taken from a Top Of the Pops appearance. There wasnt a promo video as such for that single

I think someone 'treed' a compilation DVD of Stones promos on Shidoobee some time ago so maybe someone who has it can help you out

Date: June 22, 2005 22:40

sjs12 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Where is Jay Kay in the LARS vid?

he's in the party scene. he's wearing his famous hat

Date: June 22, 2005 22:42

georgelicks Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> >BTB - Anybody seen my baby (2 versions), saint
> of me, out of control
>
> What about the Flip The Switch video?
> It reached #1 in MTV Argentina in March 1998 and
> the video is on Rollingstones.com archive.

thanks for adding that one. I remember seeing a FTS 'montage' video on a German TV show a few years ago but I assumed it was something that the makers of that particular programme had compiled. I'd be interested to see if it was the same one.

Posted by: sf37 ()
Date: June 22, 2005 23:09

Thanks again, Gazza. I'll have a look at the Brown Sugar video again to see if Mick is wearing a pink suit. Thanks also for the DVD tip: I appreciate it.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: June 22, 2005 23:31

Gazza & DandelionPowderman... thanks for the info & Rollingstones.com.archive tip for the videos. First time I've ever seen the LRS video which is very good actually, but it's not the one that I saw some years ago.

As I wrote earlier it was just cheaply put together footage of kids dancing at a party with definitly no footage of The Stones in it. I see it's listed as version 1, so is there another version?

ROCKMAN

Posted by: harlito1969 ()
Date: June 23, 2005 00:02

From the 81-84 era I can remember:
Miss You
Beast of Burden (w/ Mick and Bette Midler)
It's Only Rock and Roll
Hangfire
Start Me Up
Waiting on a Friend
Neighbours
Going to a Go Go
Time IS On My Side (live from "Still Life")
Emotional Rescue
She's So Cold
Undercover of the Night
She Was Hot
Paint It Black ( which seemed like a film student short movie and didn't include the Stones... a rollercoaster video????)

I saw Too MUch Blood (edited) on a late night cable show but I thought MTV banned it before it was ever shown?

Post 1984 the videos got slim...

Harlem Shuffle
One Hit To the Body ( I saw on Friday NITE VIDEO but never on MTV)
Mixed Emotion
Almost Hear You Sigh
Love Is Strong
Anybody Seen My Baby
Saint Of Me
Memory Motel (w/Dave Matthews)
Highwire
Like A Rolling STone (live)

MTV probably showed all their videos at least once but that's hardly enough to call anything a part of a rotation. Besides MTV is crap now. They should be called NOT-MUSIC TELEVISION.

Posted by: Local27 ()
Date: June 23, 2005 05:02

NICE Harlito 1969!!! I knew someone out there would remember the Paint it Black video from the early 80's MTV. And you're right....it definitley looks like a film student video that was filmed on a rollercoaster. And I have to agree on one other point you made....MTV is crap! I haven't watched in years.

"I'm the bleeding volcano"

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1564
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home