Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 4 of 15
Re: The Rolling Stones rehearsals in Adelaide Australia October 2014
Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: October 17, 2014 19:39

thank you dcba . very good article on the man . he is the real deal !!!!!!

Re: Rolling Stones Australia Rehearsals October 2014 - 14 On Fire
Posted by: 2120Wolf ()
Date: October 17, 2014 22:14

DoomandGloom
2120Wolf
DoomandGloom
In this tour alone these guys have proved to be the greatest rockers of all time. First we watched Keith savagely struggle to prove to his mates he was up to the task, Mick suffered a great loss canceling a leg of the tour on the other side of the world and now Bobby goes down. Each time they muscle up to the stage and offer whatever is left in their tanks because they are The Rolling Stones, the embodiment of the rock and roll spirit.

Yes...Doom & Gloom I agree to a degree....I have seen the Stones 50 times dating back to 1975....Are you aware that the Beatles had done around 1000 plus gigs before the Stones played 1 and also plagued by great loss surrounding their lives. Have you ever heard Keith say that the Beatles kicked down the door and we zoomed in right behind them. No matter how you look at it, it is a draw and the Stones themselves would be honored to that judgement.The Beatles slogged and did all the F'NG hard work for absolutely every band that came after them.
Well yes, but the Beatles didn't invent the concert or hard touring. The Beatles did not perfect the concert either, they played on poor sound systems while the wild crowd is blamed for their clumsy presentation. If there is a place they fall short, it was the mega concert. A short 3 years after Candlestick Park the Stones' toured in what can be considered the benchmark tour for all bands to follow. Keith is said to have reached out to Harrison after the 1969 tour to encourage The Beatles to take advantage of the advancements and use of stage monitors but George said it was too late for The Fab 4. As far as the GRRB I give it to The Stone, The Beatles are merely the greatest entertainers in world history, they are bigger than rock 'n' roll, bigger than religion, bigger than you know who.. Whatever the label RS are The Beatles only peers and they're playing all this month, remarkable, those who slam their sets are just not old enough to grasp this achievement. Some of their greatest moments ever came last year, CYHMK in LA, JJF @ Glastonburry, Charlie leering at Katie Perry.. More to come.

....Well said Gloom....however as you know they fell short of the Mega obviously because they were done....we could go on and on. But Yes.....MORE TO COME. Just to have been on the planet at the same time as the Beatles and Stones is F'ng Wild !!!! Yes Again....More To Come !!!!!

Re: Rolling Stones Australia Rehearsals October 2014 - 14 On Fire
Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: October 17, 2014 23:26

2120Wolf
DoomandGloom
2120Wolf
DoomandGloom
In this tour alone these guys have proved to be the greatest rockers of all time. First we watched Keith savagely struggle to prove to his mates he was up to the task, Mick suffered a great loss canceling a leg of the tour on the other side of the world and now Bobby goes down. Each time they muscle up to the stage and offer whatever is left in their tanks because they are The Rolling Stones, the embodiment of the rock and roll spirit.

Yes...Doom & Gloom I agree to a degree....I have seen the Stones 50 times dating back to 1975....Are you aware that the Beatles had done around 1000 plus gigs before the Stones played 1 and also plagued by great loss surrounding their lives. Have you ever heard Keith say that the Beatles kicked down the door and we zoomed in right behind them. No matter how you look at it, it is a draw and the Stones themselves would be honored to that judgement.The Beatles slogged and did all the F'NG hard work for absolutely every band that came after them.
Well yes, but the Beatles didn't invent the concert or hard touring. The Beatles did not perfect the concert either, they played on poor sound systems while the wild crowd is blamed for their clumsy presentation. If there is a place they fall short, it was the mega concert. A short 3 years after Candlestick Park the Stones' toured in what can be considered the benchmark tour for all bands to follow. Keith is said to have reached out to Harrison after the 1969 tour to encourage The Beatles to take advantage of the advancements and use of stage monitors but George said it was too late for The Fab 4. As far as the GRRB I give it to The Stone, The Beatles are merely the greatest entertainers in world history, they are bigger than rock 'n' roll, bigger than religion, bigger than you know who.. Whatever the label RS are The Beatles only peers and they're playing all this month, remarkable, those who slam their sets are just not old enough to grasp this achievement. Some of their greatest moments ever came last year, CYHMK in LA, JJF @ Glastonburry, Charlie leering at Katie Perry.. More to come.

....Well said Gloom....however as you know they fell short of the Mega obviously because they were done....we could go on and on. But Yes.....MORE TO COME. Just to have been on the planet at the same time as the Beatles and Stones is F'ng Wild !!!! Yes Again....More To Come !!!!!

Stones / Keith kept touring mid 70'ies even if he had just lost his recent born child. Stones kept touring even if the loss of Brian etc. Beatles basically did not invent anything in regards to big touring / they had something until 1966, but was not anything to talk about. Overrated as usual.

Posted by: CaptainCorella ()
Date: October 17, 2014 23:34

bye bye johnny
Adelaide United FC - Melbourne Victory match, October 17.

It's not Mick Jagger, but Rolling Stone Ronnie Wood in the house @TheAdelaideOval

[twitter.com]

Just in case anyone hasn't realised... the game was played in the same stadium that THE ROLLING STONES are playing in next weekend.... Perhaps he was there to case the joint and not watch the game...

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Posted by: sodapop ()
Date: October 17, 2014 23:59

He gets fatter by the year.

Posted by: Macnee2 ()
Date: October 18, 2014 03:47

Should we expect rehearsals this afternoon - Saturday?
In Oslo they rehearsed on a Saturday but not in Paris.

Do I take another drive down to the place and wander up to the building?

Date: October 18, 2014 04:08

CaptainCorella
bye bye johnny
Adelaide United FC - Melbourne Victory match, October 17.

It's not Mick Jagger, but Rolling Stone Ronnie Wood in the house @TheAdelaideOval

[twitter.com]

Just in case anyone hasn't realised... the game was played in the same stadium that THE ROLLING STONES are playing in next weekend.... Perhaps he was there to case the joint and not watch the game...

thumbs up

---best chimney sweeper in town---

Posted by: ROPS ()
Date: October 18, 2014 04:13

bye bye johnny
From Bernard Fowler:

Working it out #rehearsals

[twitter.com]
]
Damn Keith,WTF man? from the coolest cat walking the planet to this ,Sad,Sada, Sad,and please don't tell me about him being old,Mick takes care of himself and looks great,same goes for Ronnie and Charlie,but Keith an old man with a big belly...sad smiley

"You know who l am, say it"

Date: October 18, 2014 04:22

Keith Richards a Cool Cat he's the man smoking smiley

Posted by: Gibson668 ()
Date: October 18, 2014 09:21

ROPS....

Date: October 18, 2014 09:55

>grinning smiley<

Posted by: Deathgod ()
Date: October 18, 2014 10:45

Stones just rehearsed Memory Motel !!!
THE song I have been waiting to hear live.
Hope we get it in Oz.

Date: October 18, 2014 10:50

Are you there Deathgod? Full report on your return?
I'd like to know times to go and how close to the soundstage building you can get.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-10-18 10:53 by Macnee2.

Date: October 18, 2014 10:52

I'm not there til Wed, but I have mates there now.

Heartbreaker !

Date: October 18, 2014 10:52

x

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-10-18 11:35 by StreetKidStonesDude.

Date: October 18, 2014 10:54

Deathgod
I'm not there til Wed, but I have mates there now.

Heartbreaker !

Cool,

I was meant to go but it will be nearly 4 hours soon so maybe tomorrow/Monday/Tuesday for a listen.

Date: October 18, 2014 12:08

From tonight's news.

Date: October 18, 2014 12:19

Sympathy, Rambler, Factory Girl!

Posted by: Stonesfan2146 ()
Date: October 18, 2014 12:24

Wow, thanks for the updates, Deathgod! smiling smiley

Posted by: Sister Marie ()
Date: October 18, 2014 12:48

Do you know if there is a specific hashtag to follow these rehearsals on twitter?

Date: October 18, 2014 13:29

Not sure re hashtag. I was being updated on FB by a mate who was there. He said he could hear some clear and not so clear songs.

Memory Motel !

I will cry if they play this.

Date: October 18, 2014 13:54

Deathgod
Not sure re hashtag. I was being updated on FB by a mate who was there. He said he could hear some clear and not so clear songs.

Memory Motel !

I will cry if they play this.

Could you please ask your mate how long they played for?

Posted by: kahoosier ()
Date: October 18, 2014 14:09

Off to the airport in 3 hours...LOL every tour or tour leg ends I say "whew , ok next time more self control" And then...now for the first time multiple shows aren't enough...I'm off to rehearsals! I can't believe at my age I'll be hanging ouy on a street just to hear some muffled music and loving every minute of it. I can't wait to catch up with old friends, meet new ones, and just be a part of the Rock and Roll Circus that is now over 5 decades long. We groupies have come a long way from Cynthia and the Plaster Casters winking smiley winking smiley

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: October 18, 2014 14:38

kahoosier
I can't believe at my age I'll be hanging ouy on a street just to hear some muffled music and loving every minute of it.

You'll feel ridiculous (and miserable if it rains) but these are moments you'll remember for a looong time! thumbs up

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: October 18, 2014 16:45

kahoosier
Off to the airport in 3 hours...LOL every tour or tour leg ends I say "whew , ok next time more self control" And then...now for the first time multiple shows aren't enough...I'm off to rehearsals! I can't believe at my age I'll be hanging ouy on a street just to hear some muffled music and loving every minute of it. I can't wait to catch up with old friends, meet new ones, and just be a part of the Rock and Roll Circus that is now over 5 decades long. We groupies have come a long way from Cynthia and the Plaster Casters winking smiley winking smiley

thumbs up thumbs up thumbs up all power to you Doc !!

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Date: October 18, 2014 16:53

brought a cool second hand stones t-shirt for the Auckland concert

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: October 18, 2014 16:58

Macnee2
Should we expect rehearsals this afternoon - Saturday?
In Oslo they rehearsed on a Saturday but not in Paris.

Do I take another drive down to the place and wander up to the building?

Thanks so much for keeping us up to date with what's going on in Adelaide.

I was at Oslo rehearsals on Friday night and late Saturday afternoon at Telenor Arena , which was in fact a dress rehearsal for the whole show.
The sound was great wherever you were outside the Arena.
I walked all the way round and you could make out each song very easily.
Even had a little peephole in one area, where you could see the big screens ,but not the stage.

They played exactly the same songs at the gig on Monday night in Oslo, after having Sunday off.

Hope it will be great for you at rehearsals in Adelaide.

Love the songs they have already rehearsed. >grinning smiley<

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: October 18, 2014 17:03

crawdaddy
Love the songs they have already rehearsed
Is there a list somewhere or are you referring to the couple of songs mentioned in this thread, like "Memory Motel"?

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: October 18, 2014 17:14

Just the songs mentioned in this thread.

Maybe Factory Girl will end up as Adelaide Girl.

I like them. >grinning smiley<

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-10-18 17:16 by crawdaddy.

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: October 18, 2014 18:54

kahoosier

Self-control & the Doc?! Yeah, right….tongue sticking out smiley

Go for it >grinning smiley<

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 4 of 15

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2298
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home