Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 4 of 5
Re: Keith on "Today" & "The Tonight Show" , September 9
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: September 11, 2014 06:31

nightskyman
So great to see - - I completely enjoyed this short interview with Keith. Even with Lauer (I;m not a fan of his) this was a great one. Wanted to see more.

Was hoping "Today" would put up the full interview later. They teased the segment with a clip of Lauer asking Keith about the first rock & roll song he learned to play - Keith did a little bit of 'Peggy Sue'.
_____

A couple more photos from "The Tonight Show":

[www.dailymail.co.uk]

Re: Keith on "Today" & "The Tonight Show", September 9
Posted by: alieb ()
Date: September 11, 2014 06:48

Great pictures. On the show Theodora seems really sweet and humble.

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: September 11, 2014 07:04

TheGreek
i liked how Keith told jimmy the story of how chuck berry punched him in the face backstage at a chuck show (which we all knew about ) because Keith picked up chuck's guitar which Keith said was sitting backstage in it's open guitar case and Keith picked it up and then chuck walks in and sees this and punches Keith in the face (i do not agree with this , but i can understand where chuck was coming from )

Keith told that story a bit differently in the Hail! Hail! movie.

Ron Wood also has a varying account: [www.dailymail.co.uk]

Why would Chuck's guitar be backstage when Chuck is onstage?

Here's Ron Wood telling where Chuck's guitar case would be--onstage with him because that's where the bag of cash that he'd be paid upfront would be kept:

"I have many a story about Chuck, especially when I lived in New York.

"I used to play with him quite a lot, and he’d always have to have the money up front in his guitar case and he’d leap straight from the stage with the guitar case full of money, throw it offstage and into the cab.

"Once Keith was there in the audience and Chuck came off stage and Keith ran up behind him, tapped him on the shoulder, at which Chuck turned round and went whack and smashed Keith in the eye, gave him a big black eye."

Check out also Keith's own account in Hail! Hail! So now Keith has embellished the story with a guitar case. Interesting....

Posted by: StonedAsia ()
Date: September 11, 2014 07:59

Jimmy does well by Keith. BTW, the story I've always heard about CB punching Keith was that it took place onstage; Keith had joined Chuck and was playing a little too loud. Anyway, doesn't matter. Keith is Keith and we all love him!

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: September 11, 2014 08:08

....but hasn't he been punched by Chuck on a couple of occasions over the years??

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: September 11, 2014 08:18

I just watched both shows (I DVRed them) and thought they were both great. I watched them with non-Stones fans who also found Keith charming.

Regarding the Hail! Hail! version of the Chuck story, Keith said Chuck was departing "with a little bit of white tail."

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: September 11, 2014 08:40

<<....but hasn't he been punched by Chuck on a couple of occasions over the years??>>

What about the time Chuck is said to have dropped a lit cigarette down the front of Keith's shirt... in an airport no less?

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: September 11, 2014 08:45

...as ya do when ya stressed from queues and annoncements....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: MadMax ()
Date: September 11, 2014 11:27

Stoneage how can you be pissed about Keith flogging his book?? It's better the kids get into that than some other sh*te.

More Power to the man!

By the way, don't ya remember "Sen Kväll Med Luuk"?
Although on channel 4, I remember a lot of cats flogging their stuff their, Damon AlbUrn for instance in 1997...

Posted by: MadMax ()
Date: September 11, 2014 11:35

*there*

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: September 11, 2014 12:22

Yes MadMax, I do remember Mr Luuk. "Little Letterman" as he was called. For some reason he almost always embarrassed me. He was good on Z TV though (if you remember that?). To be clear: I don't mind advertising on commercial stations (it's their only income) during breaks. Although I think the breaks tends to get longer and longer. What I don't like is advertising in the shows. You can mention the CD or book (or whatever) once but you don't have to sell it to the viewer like Fallon does. But I guess this behaviour is accepted in the US.Not in GB or Scandinavia though.

Posted by: wicked67 ()
Date: September 11, 2014 12:24

Mick! aaaaaaaa sorry Mick jagger heheheh! oooooooooohhhhhh siiiiiirrrrrrrrrrr Mick Jagger ahahahahaaha!!! great great Keith The King...Number One

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: September 11, 2014 16:59

alieb
Great pictures. On the show Theodora seems really sweet and humble.

Yeah, I've had nothing else to go on before so I was completely pleasantly surprised to see that.

Date: September 11, 2014 17:10

Rockman
....but hasn't he been punched by Chuck on a couple of occasions over the years??

Yep + the cigarette butt...

Re: Keith on "The Tonight Show", September 9
Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: September 11, 2014 19:54

treaclefingers
kovach
peoplewitheyes
... the Stones' over 60 albums and provided lead vocals on more than 25 singles

really?
Is that the quantity, or the target age group?

Yeah, I had to laugh at that too, I guess they're counting all the compilations and live albums.

What are the 25 singles, or do they mean 25 songs? Is it actually 25 Rolling Stones songs?

Singles like people that are by themselves? Cheese slices?

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: September 11, 2014 22:21

I liked Theodora's drawing that she showed.

Posted by: Rollin92 ()
Date: September 11, 2014 22:28

Nice interview. Keef can do wrong in my eyes except that dreadful attempt at an American accent he tries all the time..your from Kent man!

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: September 11, 2014 22:34

Rollin92
Nice interview. Keef can do wrong in my eyes except that dreadful attempt at an American accent he tries all the time..your from Kent man!

I don't think he's deliberately trying to put on the accent--he's married to an American and has lived mostly in Connecticut for decades. I'm from Kent too, but after living over half my life in the US, my accent is as hit-or-miss as Keith's!

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: September 11, 2014 23:16

he's changed in the last couple of years,i have to think he's finally stopped the heavy drinking.

i've noticed he just seems more happy,less angry and way more focused on the positive than he has in ages.his eyes seem brighter and the energy level is more like someone who's feeling good and enjoying their life rather than a guy who just did a couple of lines of blow.

the stories may not be actual accounts with every fact nailed down but they now seem more like a dude who has been around a long time just being fun and entertaining rather than in the past where it came off as a guy selling an image.
i really enjoy watching him talk again,in place of the anger and bullshit are once again alot of soul and grace.

to me it didnt seem like he was taking a shot at jagger at all when he said "jagger...sir" the way he was nodding his head and saying "yeah" when the crowd cheered was more like "my man"-he looked proud.i keep seeing little things like that lately,here and there from both of them.

its looking good for the band moving forward-unless you happen to think they are wrapping things up because they're too old now-you know,just like they did at 25,30,35,40.45,50,55,60,65....

Posted by: IrisC ()
Date: September 11, 2014 23:21

Love Keith! I live in Connecticut have not seen Keith once. I'm staying positive though!

Posted by: crumbling_mice ()
Date: September 11, 2014 23:36

Looks as though us in the Uk can't view it...shame would have liked to watch it. Maybe it will appear somewhere sometime!

Posted by: Bastion ()
Date: September 12, 2014 00:46

crumbling_mice
Looks as though us in the Uk can't view it...shame would have liked to watch it. Maybe it will appear somewhere sometime!

Well there's the 3 YouTube clips you could easily watch.

The full show only has an extra introduction that isn't really worth it, but if you want to watch the full thing; use the Google Chrome browser and install the Hola add-on to switch to a US ip.

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: September 12, 2014 00:49

Theodora has no hint of an English accent and she seems very classy and not a show-off at all. Actually she seemed embarrassed at first by the attention...then she came alive..sweet girl.
Keith's stories evolve and change with time.....it's KEITH, what else is new? But I did say that he seemed more articulate and together. Maybe the bonk on the head did not do permanent damage after all!

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: September 12, 2014 01:36

Its interesting that Keith seems more at home on the set of a talk show than Mick does, even though he's more introverted.

Posted by: shadooby ()
Date: September 12, 2014 02:55

71Tele
He told the story about being locked in the kitchen and coming up with As Tears Go By again! Maybe he actually believes it by now. All in all, charming interview.

In 25X5 and other countless interviews it was Tell Me. I guess it depends on who you ask or what the vintage might be.

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: September 12, 2014 03:58

duke richardson
I liked Theodora's drawing that she showed.

I thought she'd drawn Mike Reno of Loverboy:

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: September 12, 2014 05:45

Finally watched the Fallon interview...loved it! Keith was so relaxed and warm and it was a treat to see Theo. What a lovely young lady, she seems very sweet and you can tell she is a Daddy's girl, Keith just beamed at her.

I wonder if Keith has gotten some voice coaching? He sounded so smooth and professional when he was reading the passage from Gus and Me. Who cares about how he tells those old stories? He's talked about them for so long, he probably changes them up just to keep from boring himself. grinning smiley

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: September 12, 2014 11:16

latebloomer
Who cares about how he tells those old stories?

I do, and I still like every version of them smiling smiley

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: OzHeavyThrobber ()
Date: September 12, 2014 11:34

I thought the Fallon interview was great! Really laid back, a bit impromptu and everyone seemed comfortable. I thought the audience seemed to get it. Keith very relaxed and clear. Theadora was a lovely addition as well.

Off to buy the book for my little one...

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: September 12, 2014 12:14

Ultimately, I think this book and cd will do even better than ' Life ', which did very well anyway.

It's well priced and will be popular with kids and adults alike.

Another string to his bow,like Ronnie with his paintings and drawings.

Good on yer Keith and Theodora. smoking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-09-12 12:17 by crawdaddy.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 4 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1778
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home