Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 3 of 40
Re: "From The Vault" L.A. Forum – Live In 1975, Released: 17th November 2014
Posted by: erad ()
Date: September 3, 2014 14:39

marko
which Zep 77 show is coming out?
As DrPete said its an Empress Valley bootleg release of a soundboard tape of Fort Worth 5/2/77. A much better show than Houston the night before, which has been available as a soundboard for a few years now. Unfortunately it will probably be another dry sounding recording, like the rest of the '77 soundboards are. Wish they sounded like the '75 ones do.

Anyway I'm going pretty OT here so I'll stop. Can't wait to pick up LA and Hampton on vinyl and play them whilst enjoying a few choice beverages. grinning smiley

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: September 3, 2014 14:42

Yeah it was released in the 90's udner the "It'll Be Zep" title (Silver Rarities SIRA 171/172/173) compiled from audience sources.

Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: September 3, 2014 14:50

Remember that no one knew a complete 1978 show existed until Eagle Rock announced the Some Girls DVD.

Posted by: marko ()
Date: September 3, 2014 14:59

erad
marko
which Zep 77 show is coming out?
As DrPete said its an Empress Valley bootleg release of a soundboard tape of Fort Worth 5/2/77. A much better show than Houston the night before, which has been available as a soundboard for a few years now. Unfortunately it will probably be another dry sounding recording, like the rest of the '77 soundboards are. Wish they sounded like the '75 ones do.

Anyway I'm going pretty OT here so I'll stop. Can't wait to pick up LA and Hampton on vinyl and play them whilst enjoying a few choice beverages. grinning smiley

the reason i asked,because i have every zep bootleg,,so i wanted to know is a new 77 tour soundboard coming out,,,and it seems to be so.great.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: September 3, 2014 15:08

Dallas is a rather poor/uninspired show. I'm sure "they" leak the least interesting SB recordings to Japan first. The hot shows from 75 or 77 will be sent once all the meh gigs are sold.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: September 3, 2014 15:14

well, JPC.de have E 27 for the Hampton dvd. Wonder if we can get a better price for LA somehere else.

jeroen

Posted by: erad ()
Date: September 3, 2014 15:20

dcba
Dallas is a rather poor/uninspired show. I'm sure "they" leak the least interesting SB recordings to Japan first. The hot shows from 75 or 77 will be sent once all the meh gigs are sold.
I disagree on Dallas being poor and uninspired, Bonham especially was on fire. No Quarter is also a good version, especially with the Nutrocker interlude.

I agree with your second point though, once the well has been dried of the less memorable shows the so called holy grails will surface; LA '77, the second Seattle show from '75 etc.

Posted by: falo01 ()
Date: September 3, 2014 16:33

Father Ted
Remember that no one knew a complete 1978 show existed until Eagle Rock announced the Some Girls DVD.

we knew that it was filmed and we had the audio for ages,
but there is no info at all about july12th, which makes the story kinda strange.

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: September 3, 2014 17:52

falo01
Father Ted

but there is no info at all about july12th, which makes the story kinda strange.

the first songs from fort worth were available as a bootleg DVD

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: September 3, 2014 18:02

So the Stones are finally doing what has been the next obvious step in them opening up the archives - getting to the shows that have been in bootleg form for decades.

LA 75 is the frist, I'll best that Paris 76 will nexdt, then Knebworth 76 and finally Marquee 71 unless it comes out as that much talked about Sticky Fingers deluxe box. Expect the others in the next 18 months or so.

Posted by: floodonthepage ()
Date: September 3, 2014 18:38

I am hoping that Atlantic City "Terrifying" is one of the vault releases. I still only have my VHS taped off the pay-per-view copy of the show, along with a cassette taped off the radio broadcast. Clapton, Hooker and the fellas doing "Boogie Chillen" is reason enough!

Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: September 3, 2014 18:53

hockenheim95
falo01
Father Ted

the first songs from fort worth were available as a bootleg DVD

Yes but my point is that the complete Fort Worth show had never surfaced as a bootleg and no one was certain that any recordings had survived. There's gold in them thar Vaults Hills!

Date: September 3, 2014 19:14

Silver Dagger
So the Stones are finally doing what has been the next obvious step in them opening up the archives - getting to the shows that have been in bootleg form for decades.

LA 75 is the frist, I'll best that Paris 76 will nexdt, then Knebworth 76 and finally Marquee 71 unless it comes out as that much talked about Sticky Fingers deluxe box. Expect the others in the next 18 months or so.

This is supposedly a different show, and that's the cool part. A vinyl and dvd release of a show I don't have thumbs up

Date: September 3, 2014 19:29

DandelionPowderman
Silver Dagger

This is supposedly a different show, and that's the cool part. A vinyl and dvd release of a show I don't have thumbs up

A different night to the DVD that's been doing the rounds for decades? Wow - now that's something. The colour saturation on that existing DVD is not great. I remember under those blue lights it was easy for the cameramen to lose focus. Some of the shots remain a little blurry.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-09-03 20:15 by Silver Dagger.

Posted by: DECCA61 ()
Date: September 3, 2014 19:43

i think its a joke ....

1 st. no mention of a BLU RAY ..

2 nd. released on nov. 17th. to short notice and time between the hampton release , promoted long before the release ...

3 rd. why from LA 75 another night than the download show from last year ...
if that would be true, than eagle would have had released "the other hampton show"

decca61

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: September 3, 2014 19:58

DECCA61
i think its a joke ....

2 nd. released on nov. 17th. to short notice and time between the hampton release , promoted long before the release ...

if that would be true, than eagle would have had released "the other hampton show"

decca61

1. Maybe the quality isn`t as good as the Hampton show so that they decided to release LA only on DVD

2. Who would buy LA 75? Only the die hard fans. Hampton is more for the masses.

3. Maybe all LA shows were filmed and they decided that this concert is the best qualitywise. on the other hand the 2nd Hampton show probably wasn`t filmed and the performance from the 1st night is better

I don`t think this is a joke. I am glad to spend my money on these things in november

Date: September 3, 2014 20:01

Silver Dagger
DandelionPowderman
Silver Dagger

A different night to the DVD tyhat's been doing the rounds for decades? Wow - not that's something. The colour saturation on that existing DVD is not great. I remember under those blue lights it was easy for the cameramen to lose focus. Some of the shots remain a little blurry.

Yep, from July 12.

Posted by: flairville ()
Date: September 3, 2014 20:11

DECCA61
i think its a joke ....

decca61

I don't think it's a joke at all! Getting Hampton and LA Forum officially released on DVD is brilliant news. If you don't like the releases, don't buy them. Roll on November!

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: September 3, 2014 20:17

hockenheim95
DECCA61
i think its a joke ....

decca61

I don`t think this is a joke. I am glad to spend my money on these things in november

Same here. Worst case scenario, it's a restoration of the known footage, with soundboard. That's ten times better than the barely watchable, audio doesn't really kick in till halfway through 'LA 75' I've had for years. And I'm sure the DVD will be under $20 here in the states.

My 'Hampton 81' DVD is pretty damn good. But I'll still get the new version, hoping for sonic and picture upgrade, especially for the audio if it's released in Blu Ray. I watch the 'Some Girls in Texas' Blu Ray the other night and that audio is kicking.

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: September 3, 2014 20:27

I think the LA 75 announcement is fake,the release date at least.
To be honest I hope I'm wrong because I really would like to get Hampton as well as LA.
Sooner or later.

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: September 3, 2014 20:38

Seems dubious to me. I'll believe it when I see it.

Date: September 3, 2014 20:45

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-09-03 21:25 by Silver Dagger.

Posted by: DECCA61 ()
Date: September 3, 2014 21:00

flairville
DECCA61
i think its a joke ....

decca61

I don't think it's a joke at all! Getting Hampton and LA Forum officially released on DVD is brilliant news. If you don't like the releases, don't buy them. Roll on November!

I NEVER SAID I DIDNT WANT THEM OR DID NOT LIKE THE NEWS, its just unbelievable ... hampton is coming for sure maybe LA too, but not in november

Posted by: StonesCat ()
Date: September 3, 2014 21:17

Bands like Pearl Jam, Grateful Dead, etc etc that allow live releases don't operate under any real spead out kind of strategy. Nobody but diehards care, or will buy, the shows anyway. It's not like the Hyde Park show, where the group is behind releasing it. So Eagle Rock could release one a month for a year if they want to.

Date: September 3, 2014 21:24

Just checked - IT IS OFFICIAL. Sound has been re-mixed by Bob Clearmountain.

From The Vault” is a new series of live concerts from The Rolling Stones archive which are getting their first official release. “L.A. Forum – Live In 1975” is the second title in this series. The Rolling Stones’ “Tour Of The Americas ‘75” was the band’s first tour with new guitarist Ronnie Wood. Even before the dates started there were dramatic scenes in New York City at the official tour announcement when the band unexpectedly turned up on a flatbed truck to play “Brown Sugar”. After a couple of low key warm-up shows in Louisiana the tour took in 44 dates between the 3rd June and the 8th August 1975. They settled into the L.A. Forum for a five night stint from July 9th to 13th and this concert film features the show from July 12th. The footage has now been carefully restored and the sound has been newly mixed by Bob Clearmountain for this first official release of the show.

Key Selling Points

Simultaneous release on DVD, DVD+2CD and DVD+3LP.

The Rolling Stones profile remains extremely high following their 50th Anniversary tour and releases

Full length 2½ hour concert of The Rolling Stones performing at their very best.

Includes “Honky Tonk Women,” “Gimme Shelter,” “You Can’t Always Get What You Want,” “Tumbling Dice,” “Brown Sugar,” “Midnight Rambler,” “Jumpin’ Jack Flash,” “Sympathy For The Devil” and many more.

Eagle Rock

Cat No: ERDVLP084

Format: DVD+3LP

Barcode: 5034504908499

DVD Details: NTSC Region 0 / 4:3 / DTS Surround Sound, Dolby Digital 5.1, Dolby Digital Stereo / 159 mins approx. / Certificate: TBC / Subtitles: None

[www.spincds.com]

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: September 3, 2014 21:28

Not as official as Hampton, which is taking pre-sales on Amazon UK. And it's yet to be on Amazon in the States.

Posted by: flairville ()
Date: September 3, 2014 22:23

DECCA61
flairville
DECCA61
i think its a joke ....

decca61

I NEVER SAID I DIDNT WANT THEM OR DID NOT LIKE THE NEWS, its just unbelievable ... hampton is coming for sure maybe LA too, but not in november

It's in November! [shop.badlands.co.uk]

Posted by: tomcasagranda ()
Date: September 3, 2014 22:32

Any luck they'll release Brussels Affair for Xmas ?

Posted by: Bashlets ()
Date: September 3, 2014 23:01

still no word in USA on Hampton. I too find it hard to believe that they would release LA 1975 so close. When LA 75 appears on Eagle Rock website and amazon, then I will believe it. I would think they would wait until next year for 1975 marketing it as the 40th anniversary. just my thoughts.

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: September 3, 2014 23:06

Silver Dagger
Just checked - IT IS OFFICIAL. Sound has been re-mixed by Bob Clearmountain.

[www.spincds.com]

The info from Spin CDs is in the initial post of this thread.

Is there something "OFFICIAL" independent of that which would confirm LA Friday is indeed up next, and will be released on November 17?

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 3 of 40

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1671
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home