Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 2 of 40
Re: "From The Vault" L.A. Forum – Live In 1975, Released: 17th November 2014
Posted by: vudicus ()
Date: September 2, 2014 23:25

24FPS
I think people are a little too excited to get the facts straight here. Which night is the one we've been watching on crappy, dark, audio challenged DVD boots all these years? I'd hesitate to say that was professionally filmed. Wasn't it determined that this was the internal video feed that the L.A. Forum used mainly for sporting events?

Is this upcoming DVD release a different night?

The bootleg is from the 11th, this is listed as the 12th.
The show we have on boot was filmed on videotape from the internal feed as you stated. There were some offical clips on youtube (from the 11th) when the audio releases came out and they looked pretty good considering the source. Much better than the multi-gen dub we have on bootleg.
Even A grainy videotaped LA 75 show with decent audio will still be an incredible release.

Here's the official "Happy" from the 11th

[www.rollingstones.com]

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2014-09-02 23:34 by vudicus.

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: September 2, 2014 23:50

vudicus
24FPS
I think people are a little too excited to get the facts straight here. Which night is the one we've been watching on crappy, dark, audio challenged DVD boots all these years? I'd hesitate to say that was professionally filmed. Wasn't it determined that this was the internal video feed that the L.A. Forum used mainly for sporting events?

The show we have on boot was filmed on videotape from the internal feed as you stated. There were some offical clips on youtube (from the 11th) when the audio releases came out and they looked pretty good considering the source. Much better than the multi-gen dub we have on bootleg.
Even A grainy videotaped LA 75 show with decent audio will still be an incredible release.

[www.rollingstones.com]

The DVD will add to Keith's legend being at the peak of his decadence.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: September 3, 2014 00:03

vudicus
24FPS

[www.rollingstones.com]

I have never heard anything about the footage from the 12th. Has anybody here ever seen any of it? Has any of it leaked online? It seems so unlikely that we could have an entirely pro-filmed concert from 1975. I've never read anything about this footage. If this is true, then it would be like a dream. I hope there's more to it than just a 98% focus on Jagger, like on L&GTRS. It always seemed so unfair that their most visual tour, the lotus stage of 1975, was never seen by a mass audience. And why release Hampton & LA '75 so close together? It'll make for a great Christmas, but they could have stretched it out a bit.

Posted by: flairville ()
Date: September 3, 2014 00:03

24FPS

I might be wrong but I seem to remember that the woman who directed the Some Girls Texas '78 show, said in an interview that she also filmed the Stones in LA in '75. I thought it was in the DVD notes but it's not, I'm pretty sure it's in the CD sleeve that came inside the Some Girls Texas '78 DVD/CD combo but I can t bloody find it! If someone has it, have a quick check.

Posted by: vudicus ()
Date: September 3, 2014 00:09

24FPS
vudicus
24FPS

[www.rollingstones.com]

I have never heard anything about the footage from the 12th. Has anybody here ever seen any of it? Has any of it leaked online? It seems so unlikely that we could have an entirely pro-filmed concert from 1975. I've never read anything about this footage. If this is true, then it would be like a dream. I hope there's more to it than just a 98% focus on Jagger, like on L&GTRS. It always seemed so unfair that their most visual tour, the lotus stage of 1975, was never seen by a mass audience. And why release Hampton & LA '75 so close together? It'll make for a great Christmas, but they could have stretched it out a bit.

Nothing has ever leaked from the 12th so it would be completely unseen if true.
I fear it may be from the 11th and is merely a mis-print but who knows.
That show was cleaned up and used for promoting the audio releases so it is in a releasable state.
It is however conceivable that 2 nights in a row were taped. As it was being shown on the big screens why not record it for posterity?
Maybe the bootleggers grabbed what they could but only got one show.
I'll be happy with the 11th even though it's not one of the better shows from LA. If it really is from the 12th, I will be overjoyed.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-09-03 00:12 by vudicus.

Date: September 3, 2014 00:16

vudicus
24FPS
vudicus
24FPS

[www.rollingstones.com]

That show was cleaned up and used for promoting the audio releases so it is in a releasable state.
It is however conceivable that 2 nights in a row were taped. As it was being shown on the big screens why not record it for posterity?
I'll be happy with the 11th even though it's not one of the better shows from LA. If it really is from the 12th, I will be overjoyed.

Well, let's assume the worst, that it is indeed the known internal video feed, and that they've managed to clean it up somehow. That way if it is the 12th, and was indeed pro-shot on film, we can only be pleasantly surprised. Was anyone here at the concert on the 12th?

Posted by: tomk ()
Date: September 3, 2014 01:35

THe bootleg video from the 11th was shot on video, at the time called closed-circuit TV at the Forum. THose are those big, clunky cameras you see from time to time. It was to show NBA and NHL games to the patrons at the Forum bar/club called, naturally, the Forum Club.
If another show was taped, I don't know.
It's definitely video and not filmed on 16mm or 35mm.
With all they can do with film/video restoration, I'm sure they cleaned it up good...if it's the 11th show they're talking about.

Posted by: jazzbass ()
Date: September 3, 2014 01:58

I can't find a link to the preorder of Hapmton on the USA site, only UK. Does anyone have it?

Posted by: kevinkamphuis ()
Date: September 3, 2014 02:05

No Bluray announcement, which meant the show is not caught on (16/35mm) film.

What we get is a videotaped 4:3 show on DVD. The only hope is that i'll be july 12th show.

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: September 3, 2014 02:59

I prefer the wasted keith version of happy from this show not the cleaned up official version which I fear we will get on the new dvd

Posted by: Thrylan ()
Date: September 3, 2014 04:35

24FPS
vudicus
24FPS
vudicus
24FPS

[www.rollingstones.com]

Well, let's assume the worst, that it is indeed the known internal video feed, and that they've managed to clean it up somehow. That way if it is the 12th, and was indeed pro-shot on film, we can only be pleasantly surprised. Was anyone here at the concert on the 12th?

Let's also assume that none of us have seen or heard a copy fresher than 10 generations.

Posted by: 72stones ()
Date: September 3, 2014 05:52

Any links that I've seen so far show the DVDs as being Region 2. For those of us in the U.S., please keep us informed if you see pre-order links for North American Region DVDs. I'm holding off on Hampton '81 and the L.A. '75 show until then.

Posted by: bonddm ()
Date: September 3, 2014 06:03

Are there any bootlegs of July 12 in circulation and if so,what was the performance like?

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: September 3, 2014 06:05

bonddm
Are there any bootlegs of July 12 in circulation and if so,what was the performance like?

Yes, according to this site: [dbboots.com]

Date: September 3, 2014 06:58

Man, they didn't even mention Billy Preston in the press release. Hope they don't edit out his solo part of the show.

Posted by: Rollin' Stoner ()
Date: September 3, 2014 07:04

24FPS
Man, they didn't even mention Billy Preston in the press release. Hope they don't edit out his solo part of the show.
both Billy Preston songs are on the cd/dvd track listings

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: September 3, 2014 08:29

would be sweet, but i think its a Bad Joke. dont think they would release it within 2 or 3 weeks after Hampton.

jeroen

Date: September 3, 2014 08:45

It's fantastic if it is from July 12!

Posted by: jpasc95 ()
Date: September 3, 2014 09:23

acccording to this reliable site [www.nzentgraf.de]
there was no pro shot film for the 12th July show but only for the 11th one

But as lots of fans, I've heard that the Stones filmed all of their concerts since the early or late 70's. I'm not sure it's true.

Posted by: vancouver ()
Date: September 3, 2014 09:26

the july 12 the millard source got low vocal,keith very nice upfront,it would be nice if someone do a matrix
or merge with the other source.

Date: September 3, 2014 10:02

vancouver
the july 12 the millard source got low vocal,keith very nice upfront,it would be nice if someone do a matrix
or merge with the other source.

This is professionally recorded, so we don't really need a matrix now smiling smiley

How was the July 12 show anyway? I don't think I've heard it myself..

Posted by: toomuchforme ()
Date: September 3, 2014 10:27

On my ass ! What à good wake up [shop.badlands.co.uk]
The audio was 13, the official t shirt was 9 and the DVD 12 July the only one we had not in our collection !! Fantastic

"we know it's a bit late but we hope you don't mind if we stay"

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: September 3, 2014 11:35

Mick! Release everything from 1975-1977!

Posted by: spunky ()
Date: September 3, 2014 11:35

€40,-
[www.jpc.de]

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: September 3, 2014 11:45

Mick! Dont charge me 40!

Date: September 3, 2014 12:03

This is like X-mas eve, right Carpet? thumbs up

Posted by: erad ()
Date: September 3, 2014 12:33

Oh happy days! Hampton, LA 75 and a new sbd of a smoking hot 77 led zep show all due to come out within the next couple of months! Not to mention seeing the stones in november as well here in auckland.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-09-03 12:34 by erad.

Posted by: marko ()
Date: September 3, 2014 12:39

which Zep 77 show is coming out?

Posted by: RobertJohnson ()
Date: September 3, 2014 14:08

Whatever it may be, the 11th or the 12th, we seem to get another show from the Great Five in LA 75 in a perfect mix besides the Sunday LA Friday. And this is the best Stones-related message I can imagine (besides an announcement of a blues-focused new album with MT and BW).

Posted by: DrPete ()
Date: September 3, 2014 14:31

marko
which Zep 77 show is coming out?
Texas 5/22/77 but as a EV release, NOT an official release

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-09-03 14:32 by DrPete.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 2 of 40

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1799
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home