Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 4 of 40
Re: "From The Vault" L.A. Forum – Live In 1975, Released: 17th November 2014
Posted by: minchin hampton ()
Date: September 3, 2014 23:34

The press release for both Spin and Badlands came via Warners Music who distribute Eagle Rock products in the U.K. so it's as official as it can be.
The one sheet is for a U.K. release so it doesn't say what is happening in the rest of the world , but I would be very surprised if there wasn't some international licensing . There is no Blu-ray listed on the L.A 75 sales notes and an SD Blu-ray is listed on the Hampton sheet.

Posted by: 72stones ()
Date: September 4, 2014 05:48

I sent an e-mail to Eagle Rock to ask about any North American releases. I sent it last night and I have not gotten a reply yet. I will definitely let all of you know what they told me if they reply.

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: September 4, 2014 06:11

Poster on the Hampton thread said they had a friend at Eagle Rock. Perhaps they'll reach out to that friend for some answers.

Posted by: tomcat 6 ()
Date: September 4, 2014 09:12

"From The Vault" is a new series of live concerts from The Rolling Stones archive which are getting their first official release. "L.A. Forum - Live In 1975" is the second title in this series. The Rolling Stones' "Tour Of The Americas '75" was the band's first tour with new guitarist Ronnie Wood. Even before the dates started there were dramatic scenes in New York City at the official tour announcement when the band unexpectedly turned up on a flatbed truck to play "Brown Sugar". After a couple of low key warm-up shows in Louisiana the tour took in 44 dates between the 3rd June and the 8th August 1975. They settled into the L.A. Forum for a five night stint from July 9th to 13th and this concert film features the show from July 12th. The footage has now been carefully restored and the sound has been newly mixed by Bob Clearmountain for this first official release of the show.

Simultaneous release on DVD, DVD+2CD and DVD+3LP.

DUE FOR RELEASE ON 17/11/2014

PRE-ORDER NOW

Posted by: Rank Stranger ()
Date: September 4, 2014 09:41

From the info I got all official bootlegs except Brussels will get a dvd release from Eagle in the near future.
So if I get this right, LA will be the same show as the audio we already have,
= July 13th!

Posted by: flairville ()
Date: September 4, 2014 10:06

Hampton Vinyl/DVD set dropped to £19.27 on amazon.co.uk.
Fill your boots!
[www.amazon.co.uk]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-09-04 10:07 by flairville.

Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: September 4, 2014 12:07

Even boy bands like One Direction do not have the market to make two releases viable. I think someone has accidentally sent out a press release they shouldn't have. There's nothing on Amazon or Eagle Rock's site about an LA Forum DVD.

Date: September 4, 2014 12:18

Rank Stranger
From the info I got all official bootlegs except Brussels will get a dvd release from Eagle in the near future.
= July 13th!

Do you have inside info?

Because it says the 12th, not the 13th. And they didn't have footage from the 13th to promote the audio release of LA Friday either.

Posted by: Ross ()
Date: September 4, 2014 16:55

DandelionPowderman
Rank Stranger
= July 13th!

Do you have inside info?

Because it says the 12th, not the 13th. And they didn't have footage from the 13th to promote the audio release of LA Friday either.

And, the new release has a different title. It's NOT called "LA Friday" like the archive download. Even though LA Friday was not actually Friday, the fact that the video has a different title, and the the press release says it's a different show, are perhaps pretty good indicators that this is, in fact, a different show (July 12)! Or, the whole thing could be a running joke adding to the the Friday/Sunday confusion of the initial release.

Whatever it ends up being, I'm pretty pumped about it!

Ross

Posted by: marko ()
Date: September 4, 2014 17:11

well,if it is really july 12th,,,then there must a "snippet" or mick singing
Fa fa fa fa between wild horses and angie..thats one way to know that its july 12th.

Posted by: TravelinMan ()
Date: September 4, 2014 17:23

Am I correct that Ladies and Gentlemen has never been released on CD? That seems like a no-brainer.

Posted by: Ross ()
Date: September 4, 2014 17:35

TravelinMan
Am I correct that Ladies and Gentlemen has never been released on CD? That seems like a no-brainer.

Especially if they would re-mix the sound!

Posted by: texas fan ()
Date: September 4, 2014 17:50

I'll try not to get too excited -- it still could be the 11th...

Posted by: Rank Stranger ()
Date: September 4, 2014 18:18

DandelionPowderman
Rank Stranger
= July 13th!

Do you have inside info?

Someone I know who works for a german musicmagazine spoke to someone from
the Eagle Promo-department, who's in charge of these dvds.
Word is:

"All official bootlegs except Brussel will get a dvd release, starting with Hampton..."

If I take this for granted, it means that the LA 75 we already have on cd will be released on dvd, right?
Now, please don't ask me how much I trust statements from people working in the record business...

Posted by: cbtaco19 ()
Date: September 4, 2014 18:42

Rank Stranger
DandelionPowderman
Rank Stranger
= July 13th!

Do you have inside info?

Someone I know who works for a german musicmagazine spoke to someone from
the Eagle Promo-department, who's in charge of these dvds.
Word is:

"All official bootlegs except Brussel will get a dvd release, starting with Hampton..."

If I take this for granted, it means that the LA 75 we already have on cd will be released on dvd, right?
Now, please don't ask me how much I trust statements from people working in the record business...

Hard to imagine that the Stones could sell archival '81 and '82 DVD releases in the same year to anybody but the people on this board!

Posted by: Brstonesfan ()
Date: September 4, 2014 19:09

Correct..limited market of maybe 1-2k people.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: September 4, 2014 21:49

Billy Corgan just admited the making of the lavish revised/expanded editions of the Smashign Pumpkins albums actually costs him money.
Must be more or less the same for the Stones. They're doing it for fans.

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: September 4, 2014 22:02

For once I think these sort of releases are for the more hardcore fans -without thoughts of making much of profit from them. I can't imagine the general public been that interested. Hyde Park Live was aimed at the bigger audience.

THANK YOU MICK !

sc uk

Posted by: StonesCat ()
Date: September 4, 2014 22:07

What people don't seem to understand is it's not an "official" Stones release, like YaYa, Love You Live, etc. etc. Eagle Rock has the rights to shows, docs, and so on from any number of artists. Like I said before, they can release them all the same day, the Stones don't have anything to do with it beyond what they've already agreed to with ER. Now, Exile, SG, and special editions that are released by UMG, or whoever the Stones record company is now, THAT is money they're spending(which is why they do PR for them).

Posted by: rebelrebel ()
Date: September 5, 2014 00:17

straycatuk
For once I think these sort of releases are for the more hardcore fans -without thoughts of making much of profit from them. I can't imagine the general public been that interested. Hyde Park Live was aimed at the bigger audience.

THANK YOU MICK !

sc uk

I agree with you. This is really exciting stuff.

Posted by: alimente ()
Date: September 5, 2014 05:35

LA Friday is, well, LA Friday. They used the famous boot title for the 7/13 official download. The promo video shows that the video footage is not in the best condition. So Eagle chose 7/12 for the DVD release. It makes sense to release the 7/12 audio as a companion vinyl/CD set as it is mixed for the DVD anyways plus it is different from the download which means a bigger sales potential. No DVD companion for Brussels means that there's no complete 1973 show available or at least in a usable (releasable) condition, not Brussels, not any other 1973 show, not even the fabled complete BBC video taping of Wembley. It's a pity, as a DVD of a 1973 show probably would have given us another 1973 show in soundboard quality on CD/vinyl!

Apart from that, the fact that the "outside world", not even longterm collectors know of the existence of certain shows -audio or video- does not mean a thing.
You'd be surprised to know what "the vaults" actually contain! On the other hand, disappointed to learn what they don't!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-09-05 05:38 by alimente.

Posted by: RobertJohnson ()
Date: September 5, 2014 13:18

alimente
LA Friday is, well, LA Friday. They used the famous boot title for the 7/13 official download. The promo video shows that the video footage is not in the best condition. So Eagle chose 7/12 for the DVD release. It makes sense to release the 7/12 audio as a companion vinyl/CD set as it is mixed for the DVD anyways plus it is different from the download which means a bigger sales potential. No DVD companion for Brussels means that there's no complete 1973 show available or at least in a usable (releasable) condition, not Brussels, not any other 1973 show, not even the fabled complete BBC video taping of Wembley. It's a pity, as a DVD of a 1973 show probably would have given us another 1973 show in soundboard quality on CD/vinyl!

Apart from that, the fact that the "outside world", not even longterm collectors know of the existence of certain shows -audio or video- does not mean a thing.
You'd be surprised to know what "the vaults" actually contain! On the other hand, disappointed to learn what they don't!

The promo video of LA Friday is not from the same show as LA Friday (7/13). The versions of the tracks are clearly different. This is another reason to look forward to another show in a perfect mix.

Date: September 5, 2014 13:38

So, do we have any confirmation as to whether this LA Forum DVD is going ahead in November or not?

Posted by: toomuchforme ()
Date: September 5, 2014 15:45

12 was not filmed or the book is wrong. Who attended the show and confirm ?

"we know it's a bit late but we hope you don't mind if we stay"

Posted by: RobertJohnson ()
Date: September 5, 2014 16:00

toomuchforme

And the show on the 9th?

Posted by: CousinC ()
Date: September 5, 2014 16:47

Zentgrafs work is very good but not without flaws.
At least in my old versions of his book he doesn't name some 73 sbds f.i.
I repeat myself in saying I was around the Stones mobile on some dates.
So there is still some hope . .

Posted by: 199763 ()
Date: September 5, 2014 17:00

Any information regarding a "Japanese Deluxe Edition"?

Date: September 5, 2014 17:32

There'll be an expensive Japanese version as sure as night follows day.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-09-05 17:33 by Father Ted.

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: September 6, 2014 11:25

toomuchforme

according to the lines in your palm you are a devoted fan of the Stones.

Posted by: martin1978 ()
Date: September 6, 2014 14:14

Redhotcarpet
toomuchforme

according to the lines in your palm you are a devoted fan of the Stones.

Where can you buy the book??

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 4 of 40

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1384
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home