Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4567891011121314...LastNext
Current Page: 9 of 40
Re: "From The Vault" L.A. Forum – Live In 1975, Released: 17th November 2014
Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: September 17, 2014 18:11

Jimmy C
Confirmed, show from the 12th!
[www.rollingstones.com]
oh my god what a utter delight that i now have seen this(rolling stones.com) with my very own two eyes that we are gonna get LA 75 dvd . this makes me so happy !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. this is a dream come true for me to have video documentation of TOTA 75 ON DVD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-09-17 21:08 by TheGreek.

Date: September 17, 2014 18:14

jpasc95
Maindefender
Kevinrm15
"Star Star" from the L.A. DVD !!

[www.youtube.com]

Is this the actual mix? Rhythm quitar is prominent but the lead is hardly audible.
yeah where's Ronnie ? Ronnie's gone ?

Whaat? The lead guitar (Keith) is WAY louder than the rhythm guitar. What do you mean?

EDIT: There are two versions. One of them has something wrong with Keith's channel.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-09-17 20:56 by DandelionPowderman.

Date: September 17, 2014 18:17

Jimmy C
[www.rollingstones.com]

It's a rehash of the Eagle Rock press announcement, though...

Posted by: toomuchforme ()
Date: September 17, 2014 18:19

Yes 12th show
So informations on books are craps Sometimes and people have no memory
(At last for those who attended the show and did not see cameras)

"we know it's a bit late but we hope you don't mind if we stay"

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: September 17, 2014 18:30

Jimmy C
[www.rollingstones.com]

Interesting that several cuts aren't included on the LP.

Date: September 17, 2014 18:33

DandelionPowderman
jpasc95
Maindefender
Kevinrm15

[www.youtube.com]

Is this the actual mix? Rhythm quitar is prominent but the lead is hardly audible.

Whaat? The lead guitar (Keith) is WAY louder than the rhythm guitar. What do you mean?

I'm currently at work and don't have the luxury of a proper listen Dandy. I'll give it another go tonight. Looks like I may be wrong, which is very nice indeed!!

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: September 17, 2014 18:33

toomuchforme
Yes 12th show
So informations on books are craps Sometimes and people have no memory
(At last for those who attended the show and did not see cameras)

It was 1975! In L.A.! You try and remember what you did on Qualludes & Coke!

Uh, I just pulled out my LA 75 Boot, and 'Starf-er' is the exact same footage we just saw on that clip. So....

(And why no mention of Blu Ray for LA 75?

Date: September 17, 2014 18:38

Well, this has always been called the 11th. Now it's called the 12th?

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: muffie ()
Date: September 17, 2014 18:38

Star Star is the same track as released on the bootleg with a much better upfront mix. As you'd expect, the Video is the same but now has better close up angles.

Posted by: IrelandCalling4 ()
Date: September 17, 2014 18:43

It looks f****N amazing!!!!

This is wonderful news; watching the clip and it looks pristine; to have this AND the Hampton 1981 coming at us in November; what a month for Stones fans that will be.

The Archive Series has been amazing; the 6 'From the Vault' audio concerts (with LA Friday being revelatory), Some Girls Live in Texas, Charlie is My Darling, With Muddy Waters at Checkerboard, now a wonderful upgrade to 1975!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-09-17 18:44 by IrelandCalling4.

Date: September 17, 2014 18:46

So....we're ACTUALLY getting the 11th, or what's always been called the 11th.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: September 17, 2014 18:48

Maindefender
Jimmy C
[www.rollingstones.com]

I noticed that, too. I'm just wondering what's the reason for these tracks are not included on the LPs.

Date: September 17, 2014 18:54

Cristiano Radtke
Maindefender
Jimmy C
[www.rollingstones.com]

I noticed that, too. I'm just wondering what's the reason for these tracks are not included on the LPs.

CD's yes, LP's no. Listed as 3LP's.

Date: September 17, 2014 19:23

So....Zentergraf (I think that's the name), could have been right all along. The 11th was Pro-shot. That means either Eagle Rock is wrong, and this is NOT the 12th, or everything has been wrong and what we've always THOUGHT was the 11th, was actually shot on the 12th, making Zentergraf wrong again.

So....this looks like film. And we've always thought the boot video was indeed video from the in house recording system. I wish somebody could clear up this mystery. But we're definitely getting a version of what we've already seen and owned all these years. A cleaned up version, yes, with better sound, yes, but NOT unseen, ALL NEW footage. That ship has now sailed.

Posted by: texas fan ()
Date: September 17, 2014 19:47

I'm reluctant to pass on unconfirmed stories I heard long ago, but I never heard it was an in-house feed. I heard it filmed by was some film students from UCLA -- anyway, I think I did. Ring any bells with anyone?

Date: September 17, 2014 20:41

muffie
Star Star is the same track as released on the bootleg with a much better upfront mix. As you'd expect, the Video is the same but now has better close up angles.

I think the 'video feed' idea caught on because, as you can see, on the boot it looks like video because there's problems on the bottom of the screen usually associated with misaligned heads in playback. Plus there weren't many angles, with little clarity, indicating a multi generational videotape that hadn't been edited in any professional manner, and was indicative of the kind of limited camera work you would expect from an early version of an in house video monitor system used almost exclusively for sporting events, the basketball Lakers and hockey Kings.

The most important thing this shows is that we will NOT be getting a new concert, but a souped up version of the old one that most hard core collectors have had for years. As stated previously I would have been happy with this. But the idea of an unknown, mysterious concert, pro-shot on the 12th was intoxicating. Now that we know that is not happening, I'd still like to know if this show is the 11th, 12th, whatever.

Posted by: pepganzo ()
Date: September 17, 2014 20:57

famtastic news.

Date: September 17, 2014 20:57

Maindefender
DandelionPowderman
jpasc95
Maindefender
Kevinrm15

[www.youtube.com]

I'm currently at work and don't have the luxury of a proper listen Dandy. I'll give it another go tonight. Looks like I may be wrong, which is very nice indeed!!

You were right. But there were two versions. One with something wrong with Keith's channel smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-09-17 20:58 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: Jimmy C ()
Date: September 17, 2014 21:00

What's also interesting is no Blu Ray. Hampton was videotaped, so they are releasing it in what they call Standard Blu Ray, which really just means there's no visual difference between the DVD picture quality and the Blu Ray picture quality. But Blu Ray has far superior Audio capabilities.

Does Hampton have a higher quality audio available and that's why they are putting out a Blu Ray version?

It's perplexing that both shows are videotaped and only Hampton gets the Blu Ray treatment. And nothing touts how Hampton's Blu Ray has higher bit rate sound than the standard DVD.

It's all so confusing even without the 11th or 12th questions.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: September 17, 2014 21:13

this is a great day for stones fans with this news !!!!!!!!

Date: September 17, 2014 21:27

Jimmy C
It's perplexing that both shows are videotaped and only Hampton gets the Blu Ray treatment. And nothing touts how Hampton's Blu Ray has higher bit rate sound than the standard DVD.

Well, they claim the 11th/12th/whatever was pro-shot, which should mean film. There would be no reason to videotape in 1975 (unless this IS the in house video feed somehow) because people weren't doing pay per view yet, at least not on any grand scale for broadcast television, and cable was in its infancy. And even though Hampton was a pay per view event, I'm not even sure we able to buy it where I was at in December of '81. I even bought tickets in Indianapolis to have a Chicago Stones concert broadcast live into a local theater. I eventually got a refund when they cancelled the event, probably due to poor ticket sales.

I sure hope they eventually sell the LA 75 show on Blu Ray, and Hampton too, although I might wait now until a few people here have it and discuss the sound quality vs DVD.

Date: September 17, 2014 21:28

TheGreek
this is a great day for stones fans with this news !!!!!!!!

Which news, that we're NOT getting a new, unseen concert?

Posted by: TeddyB1018 ()
Date: September 17, 2014 22:04

jpasc95
Maindefender
Kevinrm15

[www.youtube.com]

Um, Ronnie is playing rhythm quite audibly while KR plays Chuck Berry licks all through. Sounds nice and rough in the best way. Mick's vocals, well, they're very '75.

Date: September 17, 2014 22:04

DandelionPowderman
Maindefender
DandelionPowderman
jpasc95
Maindefender
Kevinrm15

[www.youtube.com]

You were right. But there were two versions. One with something wrong with Keith's channel smiling smiley

Can someone post the correct version please?

Date: September 17, 2014 22:06

Maindefender
DandelionPowderman
Maindefender
DandelionPowderman
jpasc95
Maindefender
Kevinrm15

[www.youtube.com]

It is the one right below the link. I listened to both. Or maybe it has something to do with the equipment I played it back on...

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: September 17, 2014 22:30

At least there are better angles and it looks and sounds good. It kind of reminds me of Live In Texas actually.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-09-17 22:31 by ryanpow.

Date: September 17, 2014 22:44

DandelionPowderman
Maindefender
DandelionPowderman
Maindefender
DandelionPowderman
jpasc95
Maindefender
Kevinrm15

[www.youtube.com]

It is the one right below the link. I listened to both. Or maybe it has something to do with the equipment I played it back on...

Now we're talking. sounds good!!

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: September 17, 2014 22:50

Mick's dance moves in '75 were somethin' else. He had "boogie fever".

Posted by: Jimmy C ()
Date: September 17, 2014 23:28

24FPS
Jimmy C

Well, they claim the 11th/12th/whatever was pro-shot, which should mean film. There would be no reason to videotape in 1975 (unless this IS the in house video feed somehow) because people weren't doing pay per view yet, at least not on any grand scale for broadcast television, and cable was in its infancy. And even though Hampton was a pay per view event, I'm not even sure we able to buy it where I was at in December of '81. I even bought tickets in Indianapolis to have a Chicago Stones concert broadcast live into a local theater. I eventually got a refund when they cancelled the event, probably due to poor ticket sales.

I sure hope they eventually sell the LA 75 show on Blu Ray, and Hampton too, although I might wait now until a few people here have it and discuss the sound quality vs DVD.

I would think that if it was actually filmed it would be put out in HD on Blu-ray, like Live in Texas and Ladies and Gentlemen. That's why Hampton isn't in HD, and they are calling it Standard Blu-ray, because it was videotaped. The video they just posted on youtube of Star Star, from LA Forum, that's definitely not film.

So if they are both originally videotaped, why is one on blu-ray and not the other?

Date: September 18, 2014 00:19

Jimmy C
24FPS
Jimmy C

I would think that if it was actually filmed it would be put out in HD on Blu-ray, like Live in Texas and Ladies and Gentlemen. That's why Hampton isn't in HD, and they are calling it Standard Blu-ray, because it was videotaped. The video they just posted on youtube of Star Star, from LA Forum, that's definitely not film.

So if they are both originally videotaped, why is one on blu-ray and not the other?

Is it the lack of graininess that signifies it's videotape, and not film?

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4567891011121314...LastNext
Current Page: 9 of 40

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1706
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home