Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...949596979899100101102103104...LastNext
Current Page: 99 of 126
Re: Infidels with taylor bootleg series
Posted by: mikey C ()
Date: June 29, 2021 13:42

Expectingrain.com ....just listed Concert's From 2000....Mini review Took the Train up to Dresden,Germany Bob is Playing at The Venue called Freileichtbuhne Junge Garde.A very cool Amphitheater which only holds about 4,000+ All tickets are GA you can stand or sit..Weather is perfect..Charlie Sexton has joined the Band so,with Larry Campbell and Bob now you have 3 Guitar Players it sounds great! It's also May 24th Bob's 59th Birthday..Someone made really cool Bootleg T-Shirts that said I was at Bob's Birthday Bash! I looked for one after the show but they were so cool they all sold.anyway Concert ends Bob returns to the stage one more Song? Nope Bob Says "Thank You! I will remember this Birthday for a while"Peace

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: June 29, 2021 14:51

mikey C
Expectingrain.com ....just listed Concert's From 2000....Mini review Took the Train up to Dresden,Germany Bob is Playing at The Venue called Freileichtbuhne Junge Garde.A very cool Amphitheater which only holds about 4,000+ All tickets are GA you can stand or sit..Weather is perfect..Charlie Sexton has joined the Band so,with Larry Campbell and Bob now you have 3 Guitar Players it sounds great! It's also May 24th Bob's 59th Birthday..Someone made really cool Bootleg T-Shirts that said I was at Bob's Birthday Bash! I looked for one after the show but they were so cool they all sold.anyway Concert ends Bob returns to the stage one more Song? Nope Bob Says "Thank You! I will remember this Birthday for a while"Peace

well, the weather wasn't that perfect. In fact it rained on the days before, the ground was soaked
Still a very good show

Date: June 29, 2021 15:06

In front of the stage the floor was concrete!

Re: OT: Bob Dylan news and more
Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: June 29, 2021 19:08

I just got man on the street vol 1 and have to say some real gems on here and in way better sound than I expected, even though most were radio or tv broadcasts. Waiting for vol 2 to arrive.

jb

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: July 1, 2021 20:02

Shadow Kingdom teaser: [www.instagram.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-07-02 20:29 by Cristiano Radtke.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: July 6, 2021 00:34

ROCKMAN

Date: July 7, 2021 12:37

Expectingrain.com ....Has Shows from 2001 and 2002 And Rolling Stones Concerts from 1969! The Show i attend in 2001 is in Bad Reichenhall,Germany...Bob will be playing in the courtyard of Alte Saline Salt Factory one of the most interesting venues i have every seen him in...It's completely full 6,000+ All GA..We only get about 1/3 of the way into the venue and i said gents this as far as we are gonna get so let's enjoy the show! Just before the show starts there is a girl behind us she is petite and looks perturbed..I said you ok? She goes i am short and can not see anything! We take turns putting her on our shoulders..After the concert she says You Guys are The Best Thank You So Much!And Runs off back to the Village..Made her day....The show is fine and "If Dogs run Free" Gets played Nice! The Salt is worldwide famous Comes in a heavy blue paper tube with mountains on it i got 2 in the kitchen i think everyone in Europe has a tube of it...Later on Bob's new record will come out"Love and Theft"Released on that dreadful day 9/11....2002 i catch 2 Shows Leipzig and Nuremberg April 2002...And legend Jim Keltner is playing drums very cool thing George had some medical thing to take care of....Anyway we lucked out on the concert at the salt factory for the next night concert in Udine,Italy is Cancelled do to Heavy Rainstroms...Peace.M

Date: July 9, 2021 13:23

Concert's from 2003 now on Expectingrain.com....Great News Bob's back in Prague after 8 Year's....Playing at the T-Mobile Arena October 23rd....My Friend got 2nd row floor seats right in the center perfect! It his 1st Dylan show...Then i said just before the concert starts people are going to bum rush the stage and it's going to turn into Ga...Which it does..New guitar player in the Band Freddie Koella is a great addition he's a bit of a loose Cannon and his stage moves are fun to watch...President Vaclav Havel is in The Front row Seat #1 Row #1...He's not a tall Man and Security gets him out before the 1st songs ends..And he gets seated on the side of the stage which is closed off so he can watch the show...I found his ticket after the show...I still Have it! Also Terry Gilliam of Monty Python Is at the show in town filming "The Brothers Grimm"With Matt Damon and Heath Ledger...Heath also attends the show with Terry...A friend got me a job working on that film interesting to see how they make them...Later on at my Friends bar i spotted Heath and i said How did you like the Dylan concert? Heath replied "I couldn't understand a word of it" Funny enough a few Year's Later Heath will portray Dylan in the film "I an not There"Playing Woodstock era Dylan...Sad that he died so young at age 28..Peace

Date: July 9, 2021 13:48

The Film "I'm Not There" 2007 Directed by Todd Hayes

Date: July 14, 2021 04:41

Photographer Harry Bensen ...........

UNCUT 291 --- August 2021

ROCKMAN

Posted by: loog droog ()
Date: July 14, 2021 06:13

Rockman

Funniest?

Nothing Was Delivered.

Date: July 14, 2021 06:20

agree .....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: July 14, 2021 07:37

Pretty funny though.

jb

Date: July 14, 2021 10:58

Expectingrain.com Dylan concerts from 2004.And Rolling Stones Concerts From 1970 and 1971.No Dylan for me that year to far to travel.Peace

Date: July 14, 2021 11:03

here's some real news: Bootleg Series 16 will cover the years 1980-85. Release date will be Sept. 17th. See: [expectingrain.com]

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: July 14, 2021 18:36

"I had an update from a friend very much in the know this morning.

Yes - actual information. No guessing involved.

Ahem…

The time period, 1980-1985 is correct.

The title…possibly less so. Looks like this was a surprise, this “Springtime in NY” title. This hasn’t been provided yet and where it came from is unknown. Might be correct but that title doesn’t appear to be known before it popped up on the internet yesterday.

Despite what some might claim, the slightly wider content/timeframe either side of ‘Infidels’ hasn’t been known for ages, and has only recently become apparent, like in the last week or so. There hasn’t been a tracklist floating around.

Don’t expect any kind of official announcement until after “Shadow Kingdom”.

[forums.stevehoffman.tv]

Date: July 14, 2021 19:00

dcba
"I had an update from a friend very much in the know this morning.

Yes - actual information. No guessing involved.

Ahem…

The time period, 1980-1985 is correct.

The title…possibly less so. Looks like this was a surprise, this “Springtime in NY” title. This hasn’t been provided yet and where it came from is unknown. Might be correct but that title doesn’t appear to be known before it popped up on the internet yesterday.

Despite what some might claim, the slightly wider content/timeframe either side of ‘Infidels’ hasn’t been known for ages, and has only recently become apparent, like in the last week or so. There hasn’t been a tracklist floating around.

Don’t expect any kind of official announcement until after “Shadow Kingdom”.

[forums.stevehoffman.tv]

well, there's no reason why a record store from Switzerland should make up a title like this and put thoese CDs online for pre-orders. It's much more likely they had actual information on the release but posted it way too early.

Date: July 18, 2021 15:45

Today's the day of Bob Dylan first (and only?) online show 'Shadow Kingdom'

[bobdylan.veeps.com]

Posted by: floodonthepage ()
Date: July 18, 2021 19:03

slewan

[bobdylan.veeps.com]

Thank you for the re-post of the link. I was just thinking today that....today is the day....and couldn't remember the link info.

I haven't bought or even watched any virtual shows during this whole pandemic, but this one I think I'll have to do.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-07-18 23:40 by floodonthepage.

Posted by: MrEcho ()
Date: July 18, 2021 19:40

slewan

[bobdylan.veeps.com]

Don't forget this show (streamed live from Seattle in 2005):
[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: hopkins ()
Date: July 18, 2021 19:50

There Better be a rocker on there.
I want some jump blues. Let's go Bob.

Date: July 18, 2021 20:47

MrEcho
slewan

[bobdylan.veeps.com]

Don't forget this show (streamed live from Seattle in 2005):
[www.youtube.com]

right, but that was something different – a show with audience that was streamed. And hardly something that was created espcially for that event (in fact it was more or less the usual stuff Dylan played in those days)

Date: July 19, 2021 01:43

full setlist:
When I Paint My Masterpiece
Most Likely You Go Your Way and I'll Go Mine
Queen Jane Approximately
I'll Be Your Baby Tonight
Just Like Tom Thumb's Blues
Tombstone Blues
To Be Alone With You
What Was It You Wanted
Forever Young
Pledging My Time
The Wicked Messenger
Watching The River Flow
It's All Over Now Baby Blue

All songs have been re-arranged, many feature some new lyrics, To Be Alone With You has a whole set of new lyrics. All songs without drums.
Most likely not reorded live…

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: July 19, 2021 04:34

What an amazing show! Dylan not only played some guitar! But he sang! Better than I have heard him in decades! Amazing and a great set list.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-07-19 04:37 by whitem8.

Posted by: floodonthepage ()
Date: July 19, 2021 06:32

Agreed! What a show!

Date: July 19, 2021 09:12

I’d read that Bob Dylan had liked Girl from the North Country, the musical by Connor McPherson based on his songs which transferred from the West End to Broadway shortly before the pandemic closed everything down. The proof was in tonight’s streamed 50-minute concert, Shadow Kingdom, in which a baker’s dozen of his early or earlyish songs were subjected to the kind of treatment devised for the stage show by its musical supervisor, Simon Hale, who assembled a small acoustic band to play in a hotel bar.

That was the mood created for Shadow Kingdom: low-key, intimate, respectful of the songs. Acoustic and lightly amplified guitars, mandolin, accordion, double bass or (on a couple of songs) bass guitar and harmonica were lightly woven around Bob’s voice in three or four different settings, all in heavy monochrome chiaroscuro and mostly approximating the ambiance of a funky roadhouse: the audience drinking, smoking, and dancing to one or two of the tunes.

It was all mimed, of that I’m pretty sure because the fingers didn’t always quite match what we were hearing and a microphone mostly obscured the singer’s mouth. But it didn’t matter at all — to me, anyway. Dylan has arrived at an ensemble style which suits songs from every one of his eras, and it’s a joy to hear. When he sat down to sing a beautiful “What Was It You Wanted”, it might have been taken from Rough and Rowdy Ways. That was a highlight for me, but so were a most elegant “Queen Jane Approximately”, a lazily swinging “When I Paint My Masterpiece”, a full-bodied “Pledging My Time”, a Mexicali “Just Like Tom Thumb’s Blues” and a rubato “Tombstone Blues”. The codas and intros linking the sings were a delight, and the whole thing would certainly justify an album release.

The players were masked. Their names were given in the credits as Alex Burke, Janie Cowen, Joshua Crumbly, Shahzad Ismaily and Buck Meek. The director was Alma Har’el and the DP was Lol Crawley. You can catch it again over the next 48 hours, until Tuesday night, at [www.veeps.com].

[thebluemoment.com]

ROCKMAN

Date: July 19, 2021 10:25

I have to admit that I was somehow disappointed:
- very short performance
- not live, not even played live in the studio
- not his regular band…

it was not bad, not that great. But there were highlights, of course, especially 'What Was It You Wanted', 'Queen Jane'. And that Dylan re-arranged everything

Date: July 19, 2021 13:33

MY review up on the Arts Desk site - it was a short visit to the Shadow Kingdom, but with some fantastic music, I thought, and trickery...

[theartsdesk.com]

Posted by: dmay ()
Date: July 20, 2021 04:53

Curiosity and reviews have gotten the better of me. Some of the songs he does here are among my all time Dylan faves. Does anybody have this to post on we.t or as a torrent?

Date: July 20, 2021 08:47

dmay
Curiosity and reviews have gotten the better of me. Some of the songs he does here are among my all time Dylan faves. Does anybody have this to post on we.t or as a torrent?

we don't share copyrighted stuff here on IORR

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...949596979899100101102103104...LastNext
Current Page: 99 of 126

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1955
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home