Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 9 of 10
Re: Düsseldorf 19 June 2014 Rolling Stones show live updates
Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: June 21, 2014 09:47

Amazing pictures, waterrats and lox, thanks for sharing!

Posted by: Lorenz ()
Date: June 21, 2014 09:57

DoomandGloom

Have to give Ronnie credit for sort of holding this together. When they get off course Keith mistakes verse 2 for verse 3 or something and plays the climb too early. Still Richards remains reckless and doesn't let the flubs keep him from crushing the outro. Maybe a little long for Mick's liking but that Tele is barking in the end. The last minute is worth the price of admission. So few guitarists use their classic axes, easy to forget.

Yeah this is so great grinning smiley Ronnie's just totally in control. We always talk about how great Mick is and how Keith is holding up - but hey, Ronnie is there to get it all back on track more so than Chuck and he's really playing very well!

Posted by: MartinB ()
Date: June 21, 2014 11:24

caschimann
MartinB
Just back from Dusseldorf, did not read any previous reviews as not to get biased.

I thought this was a fantastic show. Powerful and loud. Sharp guitars. Keith perhaps the best I have heard him since 40 licks or even before. Worried about you may have been less smooth than in Zurich, but all the rest was superb. JJF, SFM, OOC... even SFD - at one point Ronnie had to change his guitar and Keith played alone, but with what a force! And BS - so much energy...

From the 4 shows I have seen this tour so far, this was clearly the best.

You were Berlin?

Yes

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: June 21, 2014 11:40

Lorenz
DoomandGloom

Have to give Ronnie credit for sort of holding this together. When they get off course Keith mistakes verse 2 for verse 3 or something and plays the climb too early. Still Richards remains reckless and doesn't let the flubs keep him from crushing the outro. Maybe a little long for Mick's liking but that Tele is barking in the end. The last minute is worth the price of admission. So few guitarists use their classic axes, easy to forget.

Yeah this is so great grinning smiley Ronnie's just totally in control. We always talk about how great Mick is and how Keith is holding up - but hey, Ronnie is there to get it all back on track more so than Chuck and he's really playing very well!

Nice to see the little thankyou from Mick as well, when Ronnie keeps things from getting lost. That's a fantastic SFM, warts and all.

Posted by: MoreFastNumbers ()
Date: June 21, 2014 12:55

My video of JJF from Düsseldorf (1. FOS Keith's side). Enjoy!

video: [youtu.be]

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2014-06-21 13:00 by MoreFastNumbers.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: June 21, 2014 13:48

Just back home from a couple of very nice days in Düsseldorf. Great city, nice people and a wonderful Stonesshow. Thank you Düsseldorf and Thank you Rolling Stones

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: June 21, 2014 16:15

Rolling Hansie
Just back home from a couple of very nice days in Düsseldorf. Great city, nice people and a wonderful Stonesshow. Thank you Düsseldorf and Thank you Rolling Stones

Very glad for you Hansie, and all the fans who enjoyed such an amazing show. Thanks to all for the reports, pics, and videos. smiling smiley

Posted by: Ladykiller ()
Date: June 21, 2014 17:08

Düsseldorf was a great concert again, but I would have prefered, when they would have played "She's So Cold" instead of "Street Fighting Man". The good thing was, I had only a Tix for 2nd FoS left side and 1 security guard sent me into the 1st FoS. So I was closer, as I thought that I would be, but I was not so close like I was in Vienna.

Here some videos, which I made:

The Temperance Movement - Only Friend

The Rolling Stones - Intro & Jumping Jack Flash

The Rolling Stones - The End of their great Show

All videos are unlisted, I do not take videos for getting a high hitcounter, I make them only for myself for re-living the great shows, which I see over the years! But I want to share something with the nice people on IORR, because you people made me to a bigger Rolling Stones fan as I was before as I joined IORR.

Date: June 21, 2014 17:16

An extremely enthusiastic review in a German newspaper:

[www.rp-online.de]

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: June 21, 2014 17:41

ThatsWhatISay
I just returned home from the concert. Too exhausted to write a comprehensive review, but let me say this: F**KING AWESOME CONCERT! Probably the best or second best of my 15 Stones concert. And that comes from a guy who is very critical when it comes to the Stones performing live.

The sound was loud and clear, very guitar driven. A thrill to listen to! My impression was that Keith did extremely well as did Mick and Ronnie. I couldn't hear the nuances since the sound was so loud, but with the exeption of some minor f*ckups this appeared to be a great performance.
The crowd was a little stiff, at least in the upper tier where I was, but they warmed up somewhat in the second half. Nonethess I could see in the people's eyes that they were enjoying themselves a lot.
Mick also made some really funny jokes in German which got great response from the audience.

Guys, this concert was a blast! I consider myself very fortunate that I was able to see the Stones one more time in such a great shape. They were exponentially better than in Düseldorf 2007. I won't complain about ticket prices anymore as I would pay this price anytime again without bashing an eyelash.

i second every sentence you wrote. it's actually difficult to say if Berlin or Düsseldorf was a better concert experience for me. The sound was so much better than in 2007 in the same venue. no discernible echo effects. the band was in so much a better mood than in 2007. and my father brought my little sister too, which is 13 years old. it has to have been the biggest thrill of her life. she has seen and heard Taylor! how many fans can say that?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-06-21 17:44 by Nikkei.

Posted by: CousinC ()
Date: June 21, 2014 17:46

Let's say I had a smile on my face.
Good show, full of energy, f§$% the mistakes . .

And when at the end I was just looking around for a friend I was hit by Charlies stick lol.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-06-21 17:52 by CousinC.

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: June 21, 2014 17:48

MartinB
An extremely enthusiastic review in a German newspaper:

[www.rp-online.de]
es ist toll, weil er MR beschreibt wie jemand, der es vorher überhaupt noch nicht gehört hat!

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: June 21, 2014 18:18

What time did the Stones take the stage?

Posted by: witterings ()
Date: June 21, 2014 18:25

The Day after the Show at the Hotel in Duesseldorf:

credit: rp-online.de / cwo

Police had to close the Road!

Maybe it's not easy to "Let It Loose"

Big Thanks to The Rolling Stones and all the loveley People!

It`s nice to be here, .....

Show Report from German Radio Station of Düsseldorf Gig
Posted by: vintage stone ()
Date: June 20, 2014 18:13

[www.wdr2.de]
Nice Pics and Audio Report
Have Fun,
Vintage Stone

Re: Show Report from German Radio Station of Düsseldorf Gig
Posted by: gipsy12 ()
Date: June 21, 2014 07:32

Thank you for the link

Posted by: Gerry ()
Date: June 21, 2014 18:46

i was in Düsseldorf too. i expected a great show, maybe the last show in Germany. I know it would special that you got me rocking was replaced with let's spend the night together. also that I heard worried about you and street fighting man. but the stones could play all songs from the song votes I would be satisfied.

I was the first time at the esprit-arena. A little stadium compered to the olympic stadium in Munich I attended the other shows from the stones in the past. first of all it was a little bit chaotic in the entrance. you were sent from a to b, than from b to c and from c back to a. if you want an small ribbon on your arm to have the possibility to leave the arena the guy who had these was in the middle between FOS2 and the rest of the arena. I don't know why this couldn't be better be solved. I know it better from other venues. but whatever.

Overall I can agree most of the positive postings. but i have to criticse some things. First of all: the sound from the stones compared to the support act the temperance movement. In my opinion the sound from the temperence movement was much better and more clear than from the stones. The sound of the stones was - of course - very loud, especially the guitars. I don't know if this is the reason of the arena or it was a generally problem.
The sound at "worried about you", "you got the silver" or "you can't..." were better than at the other songs. "sympathy", one of my favorite song of the stones, sounded terrible. it was a pity.

last but not least... the possibility to leave the arena/innenraum. There should occur no problems or any other things which the people could get in panic. If yes, it may be cause "a little bit" problems. I didn't see that all entrances were open so the people can leave the stadium.

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: June 21, 2014 18:57

Ronnie's new Gibson sounds much bigger and better than the toy guitar he used to play on JJF.

Posted by: lox ()
Date: June 21, 2014 21:50

waterrats
Ok, I'm back from the show - wheewww, that was a blast!

I had FOS 1 right - which used to be the 'Keith' side. However, he mostly stood in the middle of the stage, so next time, I'll take FOS left! ;-)

Great show, even louder than Berlin!

Now MR is loading up to YT, I'll sent the link.

After seperating the good from the bad or so-so pictures, I come up with 51 which are quite ok.

I really would like to share them here, but isn't 50 pictures too much?
Is there a linit or something?
Anybody can tell?

Thanks a lot for the great pictures, waterrats!!!

Posted by: lox ()
Date: June 21, 2014 21:57

latvianinexile
Great pics, lox. What camera are you using?

Thank you! Still the good old Canon Powershot 120HS.

Posted by: TE ()
Date: June 21, 2014 22:36

lox
latvianinexile

Fantastic pics lox!!!
I belong to the 120 family. Sent some pics over to BV and they are at the report page. Skipping posting them here.
Might do a post after this leg with the best I got.

@Latvian IE... Keep missing you! Will skip the front row race in Belgium. Catch you there, maybe!

TE
Oslo

Date: June 21, 2014 22:44

lox
latvianinexile

Thank you for the pics.. I enjoyed them..

Posted by: waterrats ()
Date: June 22, 2014 01:59

Some more...

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: June 22, 2014 02:02

Such *killer* stuff - thank YOU, Promoman thumbs up

Posted by: Ladykiller ()
Date: June 22, 2014 02:28

Here are 14 photos, which I made!

Enjoy!!!!

Date: June 22, 2014 02:52

you all get great seats... thanks for the pics..

Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: June 22, 2014 02:57

Lorenz
DoomandGloom

Nice play by play. Now that's what makes following these threads so cool.
(And the pictures, and the video, and the... Well you get the idea) Makes me watch the video in a whole new light.thumbs up

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-06-22 02:58 by andrewt.

Date: June 22, 2014 10:28

andrewt
Lorenz
DoomandGloom

Nice play by play. Now that's what makes following these threads so cool.
(And the pictures, and the video, and the... Well you get the idea) Makes me watch the video in a whole new light.thumbs up

the bit around 1:50 is great, this is what live music should be, helping each other

Posted by: MrsEdithGrove ()
Date: June 22, 2014 11:43

They were on at 8.50. Played until about 11.05

Posted by: Stonesfan2146 ()
Date: June 22, 2014 11:43

Sorry, I'm a bit late with me report smiling smiley

After Berlin it was great to see them again. Simply an other show in a big stadium with a massive stage.
The temperatures outside and inside was very okay. In Berlin there sometimes were more than 36°.
Mick asked one time in the concert who will win the world cup. "Deutschland" was a clearly answer. But after England lost it's second game, I don't think he will speak about the world cup much more on this tour.
As we were in the "Innenraum" we had to worry a bit to get a good view. As we stood nearly the barrier, it first was a bit tightly but as the show begun there was enough room.
In Vienna they started with Start Me Up so it must be Jumping Jack Flash now. After the amazing intro Keith played the riff of JJF and he was in a great mood.
No You Got Me Rocking today but Let's Spend The Night Together; Great choice! It's really a great song in slot two as well as on the Bridges To Babylon tour.
As usual we got a good version of It's Only Rock'N'Roll and Tumbling Dice. Keith should start playing his riff on TD again but it was nice without too.
Worried About You was not very known here but I think everyone liked it including me. Micks voice sounded great!
Doom & Gloom was rocking along with an amazing Street Fighting Man. Loud and guitarpacked as it has to be.
Out Of Control is going better and better. They have to keep it in the set; it made everyone crazy! The bass was on OOC and Miss You a bit more clear in Berlin but who cares...
When the Cowbell began to tick we knew now Honky Tonk Woman is starting. And then you could hear Keith guitar. Memorable song!
Then band intros followed by Keith singing a soulful version of You Got The Silver and rocking along with Can't Be Seen.
Midnight Rambler is always a great and fast rocker. Mick Taylor did a great solo on that one. Why he isn't in the final bow anymore? He totally deserves it!
Miss You was a crowd pleaser. I heard some people singing after the concert too.
Gimme Shelter had to be the best played song on this concert. So good guitar work by Keith and Ronnie and Lisa had an amazing voice! It must be the best version of that song played in years!
Heated up by Gimme Shelter, Miss You and Midnight Rambler we were ready to rock along with Start Me Up.
The lights went down and suddenly the most famous drum intro in the world started. Superb guitar solos by Keith. He played them really good again!
In Brown Sugar Mick forgot to sing the song lines after the saxophone solo but it is always great song; even without it.
The encores were You Can't Always Get What You Want which was really worked out by Ronnie and Satisfaction as the set closer.
Keith did one again great solo work and everyone liked his playing and the whole show.
The concert finished around 11 pm and was a great experience. I hope to see them some time again, they're really the greatest Rock'n'Roll band in the world!
A tip: Go to the concert instead of watching Youtube-Videos. That are two completely different things!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-06-22 13:01 by Stonesfan2146.

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 9 of 10

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2489
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home